Rockabilly
06-16-2010, 05:15 PM
will be play in K.C

october23sp
06-16-2010, 05:25 PM
:threadrules:

Dub25
06-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Good choice. It really is a beautiful stadium since grass and the gigantic scoreboard was put in but it seems like the waterfalls are kind of gone.

ewokpelts
06-17-2010, 10:11 AM
watrefalls are still there. they just added outfield seats in front of it.

selig promised KC an ASG if they got the funding for rennovations to Kauffman Stadium. As the rennovation is almost complete, it's time for selig to return the favor.

this should be a fun ASG. and i imagine there will be a focus on the negro leagues as well.

Huisj
06-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Anyone catch Rob Neyer's column about a writer from Boston complaining that they didn't pick Boston over KC? Pretty funny. To quote him, "This would be a pretty decent parody of East Coast Bias, except it isn't a parody."

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/3996/will-mlb-survive-three-days-in-k-c

Hitmen77
06-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Anyone catch Rob Neyer's column about a writer from Boston complaining that they didn't pick Boston over KC? Pretty funny. To quote him, "This would be a pretty decent parody of East Coast Bias, except it isn't a parody."

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/3996/will-mlb-survive-three-days-in-k-c

Nice column, but why is this only obnoxious to "non-Chicagoans" in the Central time zone? :scratch:

Huisj
06-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Nice column, but why is this only obnoxious to "non-Chicagoans" in the Central time zone? :scratch:

Maybe he forgot about White Sox fans? Maybe he's thinking of the overexposure of the Cubs, whose fans, mostly likely, would think an all star game at Fenway would be great? I dunno. Just a guess. I thought that comment was a bit weird too.

TheOldRoman
06-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Maybe he forgot about White Sox fans? Maybe he's thinking of the overexposure of the Cubs, whose fans, mostly likely, would think an all star game at Fenway would be great? I dunno. Just a guess. I thought that comment was a bit weird too.I didn't read the article, but he was talking about Sox fans. Law is a Royals fan with an inferiority complex about the Sox. The Sox could trade Lillibridge for Pujols + cash and he would write an article saying the trade is bad because Pujols won't hold up another year "in the era of testing".