PDA

View Full Version : Sox-Cubs at the Cell

OzzieBall2004
06-16-2010, 10:14 AM
As an Ozzie Plan holder I just got an email letting me know that additional tickets for Sox-Cubs on Friday and Sunday are now available. Just click on the schedule if you're interested...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws

ewokpelts
06-16-2010, 10:51 AM
they are taking the cubs/sox games off the prorated season ticket plans.

SOXfnNlansing
06-16-2010, 11:14 AM
I just bought a pair of premium club seats for $100 each. Face value is nice.......

kjhanson
06-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Thank you, like hell, really. I just snatched up 8 together for Saturday nite's game and it saved me a hell of a lot of money. Thanks

salty99
06-16-2010, 12:58 PM
I just bought a pair of premium club seats for $100 each. Face value is nice.......

Holy crap did they jack up the face value on this series!

doublem23
06-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Holy crap did they jack up the face value on this series!

Yeah, the Cubs series has had its own price plan for years.

KenBerryGrab
06-16-2010, 02:45 PM
So I probably could have better seats buying today than I got in the February Sox Pride pre-sale. Nice!

FielderJones
06-16-2010, 04:10 PM

It should. Anything that shrinks the margin between face and scalper's price is a good thing.

bridgeportcopper
06-16-2010, 04:44 PM
judging by my experience from this past weekend, people just aren't that interested in watching two under .500 baseball teams play against each other. I am still on board and am going Saturday night, but last Sunday's game at Wrigley.....we scored 6 bleacher tix for a nationally televised crosstown rivalry Sunday night game for LESS than face value at America's most beloved stadium nonetheless. People are showing that in this recession, not to mention so many folks were worn-out from that Blackhawk run that things are a little different.

SOXfnNlansing
06-16-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm going Saturday night as well (150 person bus trip from a local bar), but I couldn't pass up the premium club seats for Friday afternoon. Besides that, I'm taking my boss :cool:

soxfanreggie
06-16-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm going Saturday night as well (150 person bus trip from a local bar), but I couldn't pass up the premium club seats for Friday afternoon. Besides that, I'm taking my boss :cool:

I wish you were one of my employees.

Dub25
06-16-2010, 10:34 PM
I wish I could go and wave my "L" flag for the third win in as many years... but I got a stinking wedding in Antioch. Damn those in-laws. :angry:

Chez
06-16-2010, 11:13 PM
So I probably could have better seats buying today than I got in the February Sox Pride pre-sale. Nice!

I was thinking the same thing. I got in during the first minute of the season ticket holder pre-sale and the best seats I could get were right field bleachers.

chisoxfanatic
06-16-2010, 11:20 PM
No thanks...I won't attend another Sox/Cubs game, unless it's for free. The shenanigans are too much to actually pay to be there.

Parrothead
06-17-2010, 06:41 AM
No thanks...I won't attend another Sox/Cubs game, unless it's for free. The shenanigans are too much to actually pay to be there.

Agreed, unless it is a World Series game.:screwloose:

PatK
06-17-2010, 09:01 AM

I won't go period. Well, maybe if someone gives me a skybox for free.

It seems like too much of the worst of both fanbases turns out to those games.

ewokpelts
06-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Agreed, unless it is a World Series game.:screwloose:if that happens, i'm selling my tix to the higest bidder

Rdy2PlayBall
06-17-2010, 12:25 PM
I got 4 in section 509 row 2. :cool:
Some box seats were available for $75 each but I didn't have enough $ to throw around for 4 tickets. Why does my cousin have to be in town? :whiner:

kjhanson
06-17-2010, 12:58 PM
I got 4 in section 509 row 2. :cool:
Some box seats were available for $75 each but I didn't have enough $ to throw around for 4 tickets. Why does my cousin have to be in town? :whiner:

I'll see you up there. I have 11 total seats up in 509. Looking forward to it.

Lundind1
06-17-2010, 01:15 PM

Yeah, but there were never that high. Ever. I remember that the face on the Premium lowers and Premium Club being somewhere in the neighborhood of $65 last year.

It could be worse though. Most of the Cubs/Sox tickets at wrigley last weekend were much higher face for decent seats.

ewokpelts
06-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Yeah, but there were never that high. Ever. I remember that the face on the Premium lowers and Premium Club being somewhere in the neighborhood of $65 last year.

It could be worse though. Most of the Cubs/Sox tickets at wrigley last weekend were much higher face for decent seats.the cub series being higer than "premium games" is better than raising the "premium" price and lumping the cubs game in it.

chisoxfanatic
06-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Agreed, unless it is a World Series game.:screwloose:
The Cubs will make it to the World Series?
I won't go period. Well, maybe if someone gives me a skybox for free.

It seems like too much of the worst of both fanbases turns out to those games.
Skyboxes are definitely your best bet...Gets you away from some of the lunatics. I spent an entire Sox/Red Sox game in the Stadium Club once, and even that was much better than sitting in our actual seats. What can happen in the general seating areas is absolutely off the chain.