PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my World Series ticket

HomeFish
06-16-2010, 01:02 AM
Sorry for all the threads about 2005 lately, but it seems to calm my nerves to talk about it :)

After hours of digging through my parents house, I found my ticket to Game 1 of the 2005 World Series. It is, to my great joy, completely unbent. There is a slight tear along the perforation (where tickets would be torn before the advent of computer scanners), but otherwise it is in excellent condition considering it was in my pocket for the entire game.

I paid some guy on the corner of 35th and Normal a LOT of money for that ticket, so I want to preserve it as best I can.

I also found my ticket to Buehrle's perfect game in 2009. And a bunch of newspapers from October 27, 2005. I think I have the Tribune, Sun-Times, RedEye, and Exito. I may also have some from the ALCS.

Is there a place in Chicago that will put some or all of these things in a nice display case for me, so that they never have to suffer the indignity of a closet or desk drawer again?

It's Dankerific
06-16-2010, 03:50 AM
I guess that means you have a ST game 1 ticket?

I'm really upset/disappointed by Box Office printed World Series tickets have all faded from heat/time/whatever, even though I left them in a protective sleeve.

chisoxfanatic
06-16-2010, 08:11 AM
I would think you could take your stuff to a professional framer. I've had something framed before, and it came out great! The place I went to is called Fastframe in Bucktown.

ewokpelts
06-16-2010, 10:55 AM
www.thatsmyticket.com (http://www.thatsmyticket.com)

search white sox

Chez
06-16-2010, 02:39 PM
I framed my four [unused] tickets to WS Game 6. If you have a single ticket, consider putting it in lucite. I did that with my ticket to the first game ever played at the new Comiskey and it looks great on my desk.

HomeFish
06-16-2010, 02:44 PM
I would think you could take your stuff to a professional framer. I've had something framed before, and it came out great! The place I went to is called Fastframe in Bucktown.

How was the price of that compared to this:
http://www.thatsmyticket.com/bcwstjo5ws.html

Brian26
06-16-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm really upset/disappointed by Box Office printed World Series tickets have all faded from heat/time/whatever, even though I left them in a protective sleeve.

I'm not that upset about it, but I've noticed the same thing happening to my Game 1 WS ticket. The background World Series logo is still there, but the ink showing the section, row, seat # has slowly faded. It's been in a couple of different protective sleeves, out of the sun, etc. I don't understand why it happened.

I save all of my ticket stubs, but I don't really associate any value with them other than providing me a historical record of games I've gone too.

chisoxfanatic
06-16-2010, 07:46 PM
How was the price of that compared to this:
http://www.thatsmyticket.com/bcwstjo5ws.html
It was a Chicago panoramic skyline shot, and it cost me about $85 to get it framed. It cost that much only because of its non-standard dimensions. The more standard the dimensions, the more reasonable it costs.

One of these days, I will go back there to get my Mark Buehrle perfect game print framed.

tacosalbarojas
06-16-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm not that upset about it, but I've noticed the same thing happening to my Game 1 WS ticket. The background World Series logo is still there, but the ink showing the section, row, seat # has slowly faded. It's been in a couple of different protective sleeves, out of the sun, etc. I don't understand why it happened.

I save all of my ticket stubs, but I don't really associate any value with them other than providing me a historical record of games I've gone too.I've kept mine in the sleeve, I guess since the day of game 2, and just pulled it out now to look at it, and got to be honest I don't notice any difference. Maybe just lucky. It was actually hanging on a door with another protected sleeve ticket - the '03 All-Star Game. That too looks nice and don't notice any fading.

I like to save all my stubs as well. I actually have some from the 50s, 60s and 70s from my mom, and it's fun every once in a while to look through those and see the ticket prices, the relative simple design, and different seating sections and numbering. I'm looking at a stub from a night game in September of 1962. It's a "lower deck box" for $3.25! Another one here is from July 1980, upper deck box, $6.00!

Milw
06-17-2010, 05:22 PM
I framed my unused Game 6 ticket along with my ticket to the United Center for Game 4 and the front page of the Trib. Took it to the Great Frame Up, they did a fantastic job. Cost $225 because it was custom matting and a UV-resistant glass finish, but it's now a family heirloom. Definitely worth the cost.