PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 'The Bucs Stopped Here' 6/15 White Sox vs. PIT Postgame Thread

soxinem1
06-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Start of another streak!!!:bandance:

Freddy with seven wins. Who'd a thunk it?? Maybe someone will overpay for him over the next few weeks.

hi im skot
06-15-2010, 10:19 PM
How long were you camped out at your computer waiting for the third out?

Nice game, guys.

Frater Perdurabo
06-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Let's keep it going tomorrow.

The Pirates have some good hitters but their pitching is bad. Of course, our hitting makes their pitching look competent.

This is a team we should sweep.

GoGoCrede
Really like McCutchen, glad he's okay.

Solid win, good to see the bullpen doing so well. This win is why I will never complain about playing NL teams.

JB98
Bullpen gets 10 outs, allows nothing. Nice job, guys.

Frater Perdurabo
Nice to see Bobby get two quick strikeouts to start the ninth.

october23sp
I'll take it, way to keep battling when they kept tying it up.

soxinem1
How long were you camped out at your computer waiting for the third out?

Nice game, guys.

Blame McCutchen and TCM, not us!!!:cool:

vinny
06-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Good game for Beckham. Hope he can start to shake the cobwebs from his head. Jenks was remarkably not scary.

JB98
06-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Good game for Beckham. Hope he can start to shake the cobwebs from his head. Jenks was remarkably not scary.

Jenks has been good lately. People still have leftover nerves about him because he started the season so poorly.

BadBobbyJenks
06-15-2010, 10:22 PM
We beat the Pirates. Let's do it two more times.

ElevenUp
06-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Nice to see Bacon's bat wake up tonight. Hopefully he can get some confidence from his performance tonight. :gulp:

Brian26
Really like McCutchen, glad he's okay.

Solid win, good to see the bullpen doing so well. This win is why I will never complain about playing NL teams.

Remember that when we play the Braves next week.

GoGoCrede

You're on! (I hope I don't eat this post)

edit - actually I meant to say I won't complain about playing the Pirates, referring to the scheduling thread in the Clubhouse

Frater Perdurabo
06-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Beckham needs to get hot. We NEED him to start hitting. I'm not as worried about Quentin, because he still manages to collect RBIs and even if not, corner outfielders are replaceable. But Beckham needs to hit for high average and lots of doubles to be effective, because he's not a pure power hitter.

Domeshot17
06-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Good win, good to see Gordon hitting. Too bad the Twins are destroying the the Rocks, but atleast we won't lose ground.

BadBobbyJenks
06-15-2010, 10:26 PM

Those Braves are 19-6 at home. I am not too worried.

soxinem1
06-15-2010, 10:27 PM

Don't forget WAS. They will not be pushovers.

vinny
06-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Jenks has been good lately. People still have leftover nerves about him because he started the season so poorly.
Well, he's been mostly good in June anyway, except that second game against the Cubs. He had some sucky outings in May too, including the Joe West fest against the Tribe. Glad to see his ERA below 5 finally.

Frater Perdurabo
06-15-2010, 10:28 PM
I really like this Andrew McCutchen guy. Given the Pirates' preference to unload talented players, maybe KW could swing a deal for him. He seems like he could be a Carl Crawford starter kit.

konerko 14
06-15-2010, 10:29 PM
really nice win today, Beckham with 3 rbi's, and Freddy with his 7th win!

BlackandWhiteSox
Hey fellow Sox fans, first time posting on this site. Hopefully we have some good conversations in the future.

Anyway, decent outing from Freddy. I think the Putz signing has gone a little under the radar, hopefully this is the start of Beckham's turnaround. Rios was robbed of a SB :angry:. Bullpen as a whole was great, let's keep it going. :D:

Brian26
Don't forget WAS. They will not be pushovers.

Plus, they have the unstoppable Willie Harris. :tongue:

Baron
I really like this Andrew McCutchen guy. Given the Pirates' preference to unload talented players, maybe KW could swing a deal for him. He seems like he could be a Carl Crawford starter kit.

I highly doubt they would trade him

doublem23
06-15-2010, 10:30 PM

If the Pirates made McCutchen available, there would probably be 28 other teams who could put together more attractive packages for him.

hi im skot

It seems like he fixed (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/2389510,CST-SPT-sox14.article) his mechanical issues.

GoGoCrede
Hey fellow Sox fans, first time posting on this site. Hopefully we have some good conversations in the future.

Anyway, decent outing from Freddy. I think the Putz signing has gone a little under the radar, hopefully this is the start of Beckham's turnaround. Rios was robbed of a SB :angry:. Bullpen as a whole was great, let's keep it going. :D:

:welcome:

manders_01
Got to see most of the game (my computer crapped out in the 7th) and I mostly liked what I saw! :D: Keep it up boys!

vinny
06-15-2010, 10:31 PM
I can't see them giving him away; he's making less than $500K.

JB98
06-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Well, he's been mostly good in June anyway, except that second game against the Cubs. He had some sucky outings in May too, including the Joe West fest against the Tribe. Glad to see his ERA below 5 finally.

Jenks is unscored upon in 11 of his last 13 outings. The only bad outing was the one in Cleveland, in which the Sox won despite his struggles.

Frater Perdurabo
06-15-2010, 10:32 PM
If the Pirates made McCutchen available, there would probably be 28 other teams who could put together more attractive packages for him.

And the Cubs would probably offer the worst package yet still get him. :angry:

hi im skot
And the Cubs would probably offer the worst package yet still get him. :angry:

Doubtful.

Frater Perdurabo
I can't see them giving him away; he's making less than $500K.

Yeah, I know. Maybe they would take Quentin... :tongue:

Baron
06-15-2010, 10:35 PM
I was just reading the Pirates forum(reported by the local paper) that Pedro Alvarez got the call and will be at tomorrows game

thomas35forever
Nice to see Gordon break out of his slump, at least for tonight. Hopefully, this is a sign of things to come for him. Jenks did a nice job as well. The way people have complained about him this season, he's somehow nailed down every save opportunity this year except one.

That's 5 of 6, boys. Keep it up and maybe something good will happen.

BlackandWhiteSox

I thought I once heard that the Indians GM and the Pirates GM were friends and that they would never trade with us.

Rdy2PlayBall
06-15-2010, 10:36 PM
I love how Beckham is becoming a doubles machine again even though the other hits aren't happening around the doubles. Good to see him making contact. Just needs to stop striking out and balls will find holes. I don't need this team to make the playoffs to stay sane this summer... I just need them to compete and make them fun to watch. This past week has been great. :bandance:

Dick Allen
06-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Good to get a win on a night when Freddy didn't have much of anything.

Baron
06-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Buster just confirmed it on twitter Pedro Alvarez got the call and will be playing against the sox tomorrow

GoGoCrede
06-15-2010, 10:42 PM
I thought I once heard that the Indians GM and the Pirates GM were friends and that they would never trade with us.

I don't know much about dealings between GMs, but that doesn't seem like good business to me.

BlackandWhiteSox
06-15-2010, 10:43 PM
I don't know much about dealings between GMs, but that doesn't seem like good business to me.

I agree, but I swear I heard that somewhere.

TDog
06-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Let's keep it going tomorrow.

The Pirates have some good hitters but their pitching is bad. Of course, our hitting makes their pitching look competent. ...

Who made who look competent? The White Sox scored six runs tonight. The starting pitcher the White Sox had never seen before came into the game with a 7.50 ERA and left the game with a 7.50 ERA, and his first major league loss.

I missed most of the game because I went out to dinner right after the Sox scored 2 in the top of the second and got home to Gameday for the bottom of the ninth. And the Pirates didn't get the ball out of the infield against Jenks. Actually, I was at a restaurant that allowed me to follow the score on an ESPN crawl until they changed the station to some basketball game with the Sox up 4-3.

It looks like the 5-8 hitters in the White Sox lineup, referred to by someone in the pregame lineup discussion as possibly the all-time weakest collection of hitters got on base in 10 of their 16 appearances. Beckham in particular, but Ramirez and Castro too had very good nights.

It looked like Garcia wasn't as strong as he has been in the past. This was the first game in more than a week that wasn't a quality start for the Sox. But Garcia was close enough to a quality start to get the win.

It would be great if the Sox could get five starters with win totals in double-digits, although it would be odd if Garcia turns out to be the first Sox pitcher to make it.

ChiSoxGirl
06-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Good game all-around tonight. It's nice to see Bacon starting to hit the ball and add to his RBI total. If you would've told me in March that The Sweaty One would have the highest win total of the five guys in the starting rotation, I would've said you were crazy. The Sox have now won seven of their last eleven....

Let the winning continue tomorrow and throughout the next ten days while I'm gone. I do NOT want to be blamed for a losing streak like I was during the first week of the season when I was in South Carolina. :wink:

Slappy
06-15-2010, 10:51 PM
I hate to be a downer, but if you didn't watch the game and are excited about Beckhams game today, don't be. He took two of the most ridiculous swings I've seen all year and that double was extremely lucky. My fearless prediction is he goes right back to where he's been all season after tonight.

He needs some time in AAA to clear his mind.

PhillipsBubba
06-15-2010, 10:53 PM

Welcome to our little playpen.

Have fun!:smile:

palehozenychicty
06-15-2010, 10:55 PM
Beckham needs to get hot. We NEED him to start hitting. I'm not as worried about Quentin, because he still manages to collect RBIs and even if not, corner outfielders are replaceable. But Beckham needs to hit for high average and lots of doubles to be effective, because he's not a pure power hitter.

He will, if people are a little more patient. The guy hasn't even played a full year of minor or major league ball yet. It's nice to see him hit well, though. But he shouldn't be depended on like he is this season.

soxinem1
06-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Plus, they have the unstoppable Willie Harris. :tongue:

The Natinals are the best last place team in MLB. They are only a game or two under .500 and are in last.

I hesitate calling them an easy part of the schedule like some have, Willie Harris in RF or not.

thomas35forever
06-15-2010, 11:03 PM
The Natinals are the best last place team in MLB. They are only a game or two under .500 and are in last.

I hesitate calling them an easy part of the schedule like some have, Willie Harris in RF or not.
I hope the Nationals climb out of the cellar and make a decent run at the East. Since they have Strasburg now, it's possible.

TheVulture
06-15-2010, 11:45 PM
Hard to believe this is Wee Willie's 10th year in the bigs - ninth since he debuted for the Sox. Willie's actually had a nice run. Each of the four seasons he actually received significant at bats('04 and '07-'09), he posted an OBP of at least .343. Never would have thought he'd hit 13 HRs like he did in '08. Hopefully he enjoys some more success after WAS play the Sox.

FielderJones
06-15-2010, 11:47 PM
My fearless prediction is he goes right back to where he's been all season after tonight.

Don't quit your day job, Nostradamus. Beckham keeps his hit streak going the whole Pirate series.

Coops4Aces
06-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Don't quit your day job, Nostradamus. Beckham keeps his hit streak going the whole Pirate series.

Beckham might have had 2 hits but those balls had eyes on them. That said, I hope this springs him into a run!

Slappy
06-15-2010, 11:59 PM

Ok, there..... Nostradamus? :scratch:

slavko
06-16-2010, 12:29 AM
Good game all-around tonight. It's nice to see Bacon starting to hit the ball and add to his RBI total. If you would've told me in March that The Sweaty One would have the highest win total of the five guys in the starting rotation, I would've said you were crazy. The Sox have now won seven of their last eleven....

Let the winning continue tomorrow and throughout the next ten days while I'm gone. I do NOT want to be blamed for a losing streak like I was during the first week of the season when I was in South Carolina. :wink:

Hawk and Steve said 5 of Freddy's wins have come after losses and called him the "stopper." Could that be because he pitches the day after Floyd?

guillensdisciple
06-16-2010, 01:43 AM
Hawk and Steve said 5 of Freddy's wins have come after losses and called him the "stopper." Could that be because he pitches the day after Floyd?

But we have 2 or 3 of those since the pitchers are always pitching after a loss anyway.

Great to see us win tonight, and I think we could have a really good week ahead of us. If we can win tomorrow against this rookie (usually have trouble at this end), I can see us going 6-0 this week. The battle will begin against Atlanta. If we can take it to those guys and win the series, i believe that the White Sox are back.

Still 7.5 back, but these are the closest 7.5 I have ever felt. I honestly believe this team will break out of whatever crap they were in. Look at our pitching recently: 3,0, 5,0,1, and 4 which is roughly 2.1 runs per game.

Not bad, and if this pitching keeps up we could see an ascendant baseball club in our midst. I still believe.

KMcMahon817
06-16-2010, 02:09 AM

Well wouldn't that be nice. I have a good feeling he is far from available.

BadBobbyJenks
06-16-2010, 02:24 AM
I hate to be a downer, but if you didn't watch the game and are excited about Beckhams game today, don't be. He took two of the most ridiculous swings I've seen all year and that double was extremely lucky. My fearless prediction is he goes right back to where he's been all season after tonight.

He needs some time in AAA to clear his mind.

I think you are being a little extreme, but I agree he still is not taking confident swings. He had the look like he had just grounded into a double play when his single found the hole. I wasn't paying enough attention at the time so I dont remember exactly what happened on the double, but he is still not driving the ball like he was last season.

LITTLE NELL
06-16-2010, 09:10 AM
But we have 2 or 3 of those since the pitchers are always pitching after a loss anyway.

Great to see us win tonight, and I think we could have a really good week ahead of us. If we can win tomorrow against this rookie (usually have trouble at this end), I can see us going 6-0 this week. The battle will begin against Atlanta. If we can take it to those guys and win the series, i believe that the White Sox are back.

Still 7.5 back, but these are the closest 7.5 I have ever felt. I honestly believe this team will break out of whatever crap they were in. Look at our pitching recently: 3,0, 5,0,1, and 4 which is roughly 2.1 runs per game.

Not bad, and if this pitching keeps up we could see an ascendant baseball club in our midst. I still believe.

I can see it happening only if TCQ and Beckham start to hit.
One other thing, I don't see us keeping Andruw Jones around much longer, when Teahen comes back he may be the odd man out.

October26
06-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Fun game to watch last night. Loved the way Bobby Jenks has been pitching of late and happy to see Gordon Beckham hitting the ball (don't care how or why he's hitting it).

Looking for another good outing tonight from Johnny Danks. Go Sox!

Iwritecode
06-16-2010, 12:32 PM
I think you are being a little extreme, but I agree he still is not taking confident swings. He had the look like he had just grounded into a double play when his single found the hole. I wasn't paying enough attention at the time so I dont remember exactly what happened on the double, but he is still not driving the ball like he was last season.

The double was just a high chopper that happened to bounce over the 3rd baseman's head.

34 Inch Stick
06-16-2010, 12:51 PM
[/B]

I can see it happening only if TCQ and Beckham start to hit.
One other thing, I don't see us keeping Andruw Jones around much longer, when Teahen comes back he may be the odd man out.

Lillibridge

SI1020
06-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Well wouldn't that be nice. I have a good feeling he is far from available. Don't be so sure. Just look at the Pirates recent history.