PDA

View Full Version : Nardi

Sufferin
06-20-2002, 11:10 PM
Dont' come by very often so i'm sorry if you'v ealready beaten this to death,, BUT. HOW THE HELL DOES THIS GUY HAVE A JOB!?!?!?

Seattle dumped him in the middle of a good season, that ought to tell you soemthign. Piniella's widely regarded as one of the best managers in BBand he dumps so naturally we scooped him right up!

Last I checked Seattle pitching has done pretty well since jettisoning this boob.

Tell me when was the last time he talked to one of our pitchers ina crucial spot and the guy HASN't given up a hit to the next batter??

Our young pitcehrs have no confidence for the most part and almost all of them have developed much slower than they were supposed too. Look at how Fogg and Wells have flourished once they got away from this guy.

Also, he hasn't exaclty been a guiding force in helping Manuel handle the pitchers during a game. The guys knows dick-all abouthandling a major league pitching staff or developing young pitchers.

If it was just one of these factors I wouldn't be so quick an axe-man but add them all up and it's obvious to me this guy's a joke.

Iguana775
06-20-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Sufferin
Dont' come by very often so i'm sorry if you'v ealready beaten this to death,, BUT. HOW THE HELL DOES THIS GUY HAVE A JOB!?!?!?

Seattle dumped him in the middle of a good season, that ought to tell you soemthign. Piniella's widely regarded as one of the best managers in BBand he dumps so naturally we scooped him right up!

Last I checked Seattle pitching has done pretty well since jettisoning this boob.

Tell me when was the last time he talked to one of our pitchers ina crucial spot and the guy HASN't given up a hit to the next batter??

Our young pitcehrs have no confidence for the most part and almost all of them have developed much slower than they were supposed too. Look at how Fogg and Wells have flourished once they got away from this guy.

Also, he hasn't exaclty been a guiding force in helping Manuel handle the pitchers during a game. The guys knows dick-all abouthandling a major league pitching staff or developing young pitchers.

If it was just one of these factors I wouldn't be so quick an axe-man but add them all up and it's obvious to me this guy's a joke.

yea, even though he is the worst pitching coach in baseball, the staff has been doing pretty good. when watching a game last week, i saw that the sox had something like a 3.16 ERA in june. now that is pretty damn good. i think it is more of a matter of all the talent we have in our staff finally coming around and not because of nardi. i think with a decent pitching coach would have made this staff good a lot sooner.

LongDistanceFan
06-21-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Iguana775

, i saw that the sox had something like a 3.16 ERA in june. damn........ that means he will never get out of chi..... :angry: