PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call: Sox @ Nats 6/18-6/20

DC Sox Fan
06-14-2010, 11:55 PM
Ok, who is making it to these games and who is up for some festivities and/or meet up? Already have my tickets for Sunday, and most likely will be there Saturday as well. Any road warriors, post your D.C. related questions here and we will do our best to help you out.

GoGoCrede
06-14-2010, 11:57 PM
I've never been there and I'm not going, but now is as good a time as any to post the questions I've always had about the park.

My friend's sister lives there, and she mentioned that tickets are really expensive because they just built the new park. What's the atmosphere like? It seems like it'd be kind of depressing to be a Nats fan. I feel bad for that franchise.

Rdy2PlayBall
06-15-2010, 12:09 AM
I thought this was a home game... I wanted to see Strasburg. :(:
Any chance we play this team next year?

Parrothead
06-15-2010, 12:10 AM
I will be there on Friday and Saturday. Got tix about 3 months ago so I have decent tix for Stratsburg. Glad it worked out that way.

delben91
06-15-2010, 12:20 AM
I'll be there Saturday. Used to live at the end of the Red Line in MD, so been to RFK many times, looking forward to seeing the new park. Hoping the Nats have a rain out in hopes Strasburg goes Saturday vice Friday.

ChiSox Fan 68
06-15-2010, 12:23 AM
We're headed to LAX right now for the red-eye to D.C. Will be at Friday and Saturday's games. Can't wait!

GoGoCrede
06-15-2010, 12:25 AM
We're headed to LAX right now for the red-eye to D.C. Will be at Friday and Saturday's games. Can't wait!

Hey, you're from Thousand Oaks?! I grew up near there! Have fun!

ChiSox Fan 68
06-15-2010, 12:30 AM
Yes, Go Go, we moved here from Chicago about a year ago. I love it here but miss Chicago a lot. Thank goodness for MLB Extra Innings and, especially, WSI!

NDSox12
06-15-2010, 12:37 AM
I will be there for all three. I have some extra tickets too, so feel free to PM me if you haven't picked any up yet. I'll give them to a Sox fan for well below face value. I even have one extra for the Strasburg game on Friday night.

GGC, I actually have to disagree with your friend's sister's assessment about the ticket prices. I've found them to be similar, and in some cases cheaper, than Sox games. Tickets are certainly more expensive than they were at RFK, but they have actually lowered the price of a lot of seats the past two years.

Now food and beer is a whole different story... very expensive. $8 beers!

NDSox12
06-15-2010, 12:56 AM
I thought this was a home game... I wanted to see Strasburg. :(:
Any chance we play this team next year?

The last time the Sox played this franchise, they were still the Expos. So two years in a row doesn't seem likely. But nothing about the interleague schedule makes a lot of sense, so you never know.

Harry Potter
06-15-2010, 01:04 AM
I'll be there Saturday afternoon (in section 113).

Heading out to Pittsburgh tomorrow morning. May take in the Sox/Pirates game tomorrow or bar hop along Carson Street (maybe both?). Will definitely be at the Sox/Pirates game on Wednesday night.

Driving out to Philly on Thursday (night of booze and cheesesteak bliss). Phillies/Twins game Friday night and then an early drive on Saturday morning to DC for Sox/Nationals.

Bummed that I'm missing Strasburg by one day but looking forward to scratch 3 more MLB parks off the list this week.

Go Sox!!

Coops4Aces
06-15-2010, 01:11 AM
Leaving Friday morning and going to the Friday and Saturday games. Strasburg is a fireballer so I see the Sox rocking him :Rocker:

palehozenychicty
06-15-2010, 01:27 AM
I'm heading down and will hit the Strasburg game. Anybody got three tix? PM me.

Quentin08
06-15-2010, 08:57 AM
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/48474/thumbs/s-OBAMA-SOX-large.jpg

"I'll try to make it to a game, guys, alright"...

ChiTownTrojan
06-15-2010, 09:01 AM
The last time the Sox played this franchise, they were still the Expos. So two years in a row doesn't seem likely. But nothing about the interleague schedule makes a lot of sense, so you never know.

Very loosely, I think the way it works is that each year we play most of our interleague games against a single division in the NL, and that division rotates every year. Then throw in the series with the Cubs (and for some reason the Pirates). We're playing the NL East this year, so the next time we play the Nats will probably be in 3 years, and it'll be in Chicago (they swap cities as well). By then Steven Strasburg will be pitching 81-pitch, 27 strikeout complete games, so we better watch out.

The NFL does the same kind of thing with its "interleague" (NFC/AFC) games.

That being said, in 3 years they might come up with a whole new scheduling system, so who knows?

fox23
06-15-2010, 09:08 AM
I'll be there for all 3.

I think ticket prices are very fair for the new park and much more reasonable than Sox tickets. If you want to sit in a great spot, expect to pay a lot for tickets. If you just want a seat for the game, almost the entire upper deck is under $25 and they even have $5 day of game tickets.

BRDSR
06-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Will be there for the Saturday and Sunday games, and I'm pretty bummed that they moved Strasburg to Friday. I bought the Saturday tickets thinking he would pitch then and the Sunday tickets in case there was a rainout. Can't go Friday.

Oh well, at least the Sox will have a much better chance of winning the other two games.

wilburaga
06-15-2010, 12:38 PM
A dozen of us going Sunday.

1 Self
1 Wife
2 Sisters
1 Brother
2 Daughters
1 Brother-in-law
2 Nieces
2 Boyfriends

Should be grand.

chisox12
06-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Part of a big group goin out there for Fri-Sat. Should be a pretty rowdy atmosphere on Friday with Strasburg on the mound.

ohthosechisox
06-15-2010, 02:53 PM
I'll be at Thursday's game in Pittsburgh and Saturday's game in Washington. :smile:

Soxster67
06-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Will be there on Friday sitting in section 103. Not sure where seats are for Saturday's game but should be near the Nationals dugout. Was there last year for 2 games as part of my Stadiumpalooza tour. Really enjoyed the park and look forward to going back.

Whappeh
06-15-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm there on the 20th, driving up from Orlando.

rookie
06-15-2010, 06:16 PM
I'm there on Friday. We were going to do walkup until we heard Strasburg was pitching so yesterday we got outfield seats. Can't wait to see the new park.

fox23
06-15-2010, 06:47 PM
For anyone that is thinking of getting last minute tickets for the series, use the promo code "NATS40" and you get 40% off a lot of the cheaper sections in the park. For any of you living out there, this code works for pretty much any game the rest of the season.

Now I'm done channeling my inner Ewok.

DC Sox Fan
06-15-2010, 08:58 PM
Thanks, Fox! Great find!

A great place for you early arrivers is the Bullpen, across the street from the left field entrance. Actually ran into a Sox fan all decked out on opening day. Unfortunately, no shuttle buses from RFK this year, so its green line or pay a ton to park. I am working on putting a tailgate together Sat or Sun... I'll post the info here if it comes together.

Evman5
06-16-2010, 12:04 AM
I am looking to go to all 3 games. PM if anybody has extra tickets!

asindc
06-16-2010, 09:55 AM
I will be there for all three. I have some extra tickets too, so feel free to PM me if you haven't picked any up yet. I'll give them to a Sox fan for well below face value. I even have one extra for the Strasburg game on Friday night.

GGC, I actually have to disagree with your friend's sister's assessment about the ticket prices. I've found them to be similar, and in some cases cheaper, than Sox games. Tickets are certainly more expensive than they were at RFK, but they have actually lowered the price of a lot of seats the past two years.

Now food and beer is a whole different story... very expensive. $8 beers!

I'll be there for all three as well. My brother is meeting me in Pittsburgh for the Thursday game, and we are driving back here for the series.

I agree with you about the ticket prices and the concessions. The food and beverage prices are higher than any park I've been to, except the new Yankee Stadium. Many Nats fans have complained about it to management, to no apparent avail.

nccwsfan
06-16-2010, 12:45 PM
We'll be at the Saturday game- early Fathers Day gift from the family :).

asindc
06-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Thanks, Fox! Great find!

A great place for you early arrivers is the Bullpen, across the street from the left field entrance. Actually ran into a Sox fan all decked out on opening day. Unfortunately, no shuttle buses from RFK this year, so its green line or pay a ton to park. I am working on putting a tailgate together Sat or Sun... I'll post the info here if it comes together.

There is a ferry that runs from Alexandria to Nats Park. A friend of mine takes it on occasions. It is $20, which is the round-trip price I think.

ChicagoG19
06-16-2010, 06:42 PM
I'll be there Friday and Saturday. I can't wait to see the park, Strasburg, and hopefully 2 White Sox winners.

Cavahoo
06-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Ill be there Saturday and Sunday...section 116 row Y for Sat...no ticket yet for Sunday, but I will be there.:gulp:

Evman5
06-18-2010, 02:10 PM
I heard the White Sox first fan will be there tonight. Haven't been able to find confirmation online. Anybody know if Obama will be there?

ChiSox Fan 68
06-18-2010, 08:52 PM
I heard the White Sox first fan will be there tonight. Haven't been able to find confirmation online. Anybody know if Obama will be there?

Obama is here...he's in a skybox right above the section we are in. And he's sporting a Sox hat, of course!

LongLiveFisk
06-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Obama is here...he's in a skybox right above the section we are in. And he's sporting a Sox hat, of course!

That's pretty cool I would say, regardless of political preference.

Anyway I wish I could be there. I was in DC two summers ago and loved it, but I have always been mesmerized by historic places and sights.

And someone mentioned you can get seats for $5 there? That is awesome. I still think the Sox should do that with the upper deck sections that are too often unoccupied. Better to get some butts in the seats and make some money, I would think. :scratch:

Evman5
06-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Sadly, going solo to the game today.

Before I buy a ticket online, is there any large groups of Sox fans going to the game today?

If so, what section are people sitting in? I might try to buy a ticket close by.

Evman5
06-19-2010, 01:01 PM
What Subway stop do you get off to get to the game?

asindc
06-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Sadly, going solo to the game today.

Before I buy a ticket online, is there any large groups of Sox fans going to the game today?

If so, what section are people sitting in? I might try to buy a ticket close by.

I'll be in section 311 with my brother and a Nats season ticket holder. Was there last night and there were quite a few Sox fans there, so I don't think you will have trouble finding friendly faces.

Soxster67
06-19-2010, 01:06 PM
What Subway stop do you get off to get to the game?

Navy Yard Station is the closest Metro stop. It's the green line.

Will be at game sitting in section 111. Ryan Zimmerman bobblehead give away for those who are into bobbleheads.