PDA

View Full Version : Remember Johan Santana?

samurai_sox
06-14-2010, 05:27 AM
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that ever since Johan Santana got traded to the Mets its as if he fell off the face of the earth?

You just don't hear about him anymore. When he was with the Twins I used to hear about him all the time on how he was "so dominating" or "the best pitcher in baseball" also "Cy Young favorite" almost every week on Baseball Tonight.

He would also usually be one of the main headlines on MLB.com after his starts (his 17K game against the Rangers in '07 comes to mind).

I'm not a stat-head so I don't have any stats of his to post but its funny how he went from Minnesota where you heard of him often to New York where you hardly ever hear about him anymore. Usually its the other way around. :scratch:

C-Dawg
06-14-2010, 08:05 AM
...got traded to the Mets its as if he fell off the face of the earth?

Well, yeah, sure, he's not on the Yankees. ESPN doesn't know the Mets exist.

ewokpelts
06-14-2010, 10:34 AM
and the twins practically gave him away to the mets

LoveYourSuit
06-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Ks/9 way down and WHIP a bit higher in the NL. I thought it would be the other way by going to the NL.

He is still a damn good SP IMO.

I think the Mets got in him what we got in Peavy. Guys who will be good but their great years are past them.

Noir
06-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Eh, its the Mets. What does anybody care? lol

Foulke You
06-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Ks/9 way down and WHIP a bit higher in the NL. I thought it would be the other way by going to the NL.

He is still a damn good SP IMO.

I think the Mets got in him what we got in Peavy. Guys who will be good but their great years are past them.
Santana has gone on the DL a few times since joining the Mets. Also, the Mets bullpen has been terrible in recent years which has cost Johan quite a few decisions. Also, let us not forget who his manager is. Jerry Manuel pulls his starters after 100 pitches no matter what the game situation or inning is. Tough to get a win when your bullpen is out there blowing it for you in the 7th inning.

GoGoCrede
06-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Who?

DumpJerry
06-14-2010, 09:18 PM
:jerry
Wait a minute...he's a Pitcher? I thought he was a Left Fielder, that's where I've been playing him. No wonder why he looks at me like I'm a clown.....

Dub25
06-16-2010, 11:18 PM
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that ever since Johan Santana got traded to the Mets its as if he fell off the face of the earth?

You just don't hear about him anymore. When he was with the Twins I used to hear about him all the time on how he was "so dominating" or "the best pitcher in baseball" also "Cy Young favorite" almost every week on Baseball Tonight.

He would also usually be one of the main headlines on MLB.com after his starts (his 17K game against the Rangers in '07 comes to mind).

I'm not a stat-head so I don't have any stats of his to post but its funny how he went from Minnesota where you heard of him often to New York where you hardly ever hear about him anymore. Usually its the other way around. :scratch:

We are not hearing about him because he no longer shoves it up you know where when the Sox used to face him. I believe Gardy used to push him back if necessary if the Sox were coming up on the schedule.

Twins_Morneau
06-19-2010, 01:38 AM
and the twins practically gave him away to the mets

That trade still makes me cringe.. Could've had Ellsbury AND Lester.

stevemcstud
06-19-2010, 04:57 AM
That trade still makes me cringe.. Could've had Ellsbury AND Lester.

You basically netted JJ Hardy right? Just having Ellsbury would have made it better.

BadBobbyJenks
06-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Elbow injuries are a bitch.

hoosiersoxfan
06-19-2010, 08:57 PM
In '08 he went 16-7 with a 2.53 era with the Mets. That was a career best although in the NL. Still very impressive.

He wasn't as good last year but still made the Allstar team and finished with a 3.13 era before going on the DL in August for the rest of the season.

Johan isn't pitching too bad this year but has a bunch of no decisions. If the Mets stay in the race I'm sure we will be hearing a lot more about him as the season goes along.

Thank goodness he is off the Twins though. Too many times did he completely shut the Sox down.

bunty_doghunter
06-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Pwned by CC yesterday.