PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rowand

Tavarin
06-20-2002, 06:05 PM
Rowand needs two more ABs to break this years record of most ABs w/out a walk. GO AARON!

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/news/20020618daily.shtml

delben91
06-20-2002, 09:16 PM
:caballo
"Thanks Aaron, with all those walks I had against the phillies, I took myself out of the running for the honor. It'd do me proud to have a teammate win it though."

MattSharp
06-20-2002, 09:53 PM
Wow, hes a free-swinger.....

Mathew
06-20-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
Wow, hes a free-swinger.....

Speaking of Free swinging I saw Mike Caruso in Calgary the other day.

Cheryl
06-21-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Mathew

Working at 7-11?

MarkEdward
06-21-2002, 10:20 AM
Was Rowand this much of a free swinger in the minors?

raul12
06-21-2002, 10:22 AM

hey matthew--where's canmore? just wondering b/c my wife grew up in brooks and my bro-in-law lives in calgary.

Randar68
06-21-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Was Rowand this much of a free swinger in the minors?

YES! last year was an abberration. A crap-load of people on this borad were crying to trade Carlos "to make room for" Rowand. Rowand is a good 4th outfielder and a team player. He is NOT an everyday player on a contender, despite what anyone says.

Mathew
06-21-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by raul12

hey matthew--where's canmore? just wondering b/c my wife grew up in brooks and my bro-in-law lives in calgary.

Canmore is 1 hour west of Calgary and 15 minutes east on Banff, This is right where the G-* is going on I was woke at 7:00am by the loudest military aircraft I've ever heard, I thought we were being attacked for Pete's Sake. Brooks is another 2.5 hours South-East of Calgary, I used to play hockey there a lot when I was good at it.

raul12
06-21-2002, 02:25 PM

Canmore is 1 hour west of Calgary and 15 minutes east on Banff, This is right where the G-* is going on I was woke at 7:00am by the loudest military aircraft I've ever heard, I thought we were being attacked for Pete's Sake. Brooks is another 2.5 hours South-East of Calgary, I used to play hockey there a lot when I was good at it.

cool--i might be in banff next year...i haven't decided summer or winter yet though.

btw, how'd you become a sox fan?

Mathew
06-21-2002, 03:14 PM
I was watching the '92 playoffs and everyone here was cheering for Toronto and I hated Toronto because I liked Montreal as Canada's team, so I started cheering for the Sox even after they lost, since I've never changed a favorite team in my life. Not too much glam to that story I'm afraid. My first ever game was a White Sox game at Exibition Stadium in Toronto but I'm afraid I was Blue Jay brainwashed at such a young age. If you head to Banff drop me a line and I'll buy you a beverage of your liking. :gulp:

jklm
06-22-2002, 07:57 PM
After 71 ABs, Rowand finally drew a walk...

Tragg
06-22-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Tavarin
Rowand needs two more ABs to break this years record of most ABs w/out a walk. GO AARON!

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/news/20020618daily.shtml

He's having a terrible year, and the zero production he and Liefer have brought off the bench has killed us.

That said, he's still a better hitter than clayton and paul, so I always get a chuckle when Manuel inevitably sends Rowand up to bunt so that Clayton, Paul or perhaps the pitcher can drive the runner in.