PDA

View Full Version : Parking for Red Line

bridgeportcopper
06-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Where can we park near 35th Red Line stop to take the train to Wrigley? Are any of the Sox lots open? Personally I could do CPD HQ at 35/ Michigan if need be, but meeting some friends who live west at the 35th stop and need to know what to tell them. Thanks.

Jpgr91
06-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Where can we park near 35th Red Line stop to take the train to Wrigley? Are any of the Sox lots open? Personally I could do CPD HQ at 35/ Michigan if need be, but meeting some friends who live west at the 35th stop and need to know what to tell them. Thanks.
Should someone with your screen name really need to be asking for parking advice in Bridgeport? Kidding of course... Aren't the streets over there resident only parking only during game days?

bridgeportcopper
06-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Should someone with your screen name really need to be asking for parking advice in Bridgeport? Kidding of course... Aren't the streets over there resident only parking only during game days?

That's what I was thinking, just not sure. Since this screen name was created I have since been detailed to a citywide unit for a couple years now, so don't really recall the situation over there and haven't written a parking ticket in at least three years. But, if I see a license plate "Jpgr91" I may go sign out a book to get ya.:wink:

DumpJerry
06-13-2010, 05:24 PM
It's normal parking on non-game days. Just check for no parking signs and pay boxes.

Sargeant79
06-13-2010, 07:52 PM
On non-game days, you can park along Wentworth or Wells around 33rd street. There is an entrance to the Red Line stop on 33rd.

bridgeportcopper
06-14-2010, 12:28 AM
f.y.i. we parked in sox lot gate 4 worked fine. security guy said it was cool. everything worked out fine with exception of Alexei Ramirez! :angry:

DumpJerry
06-14-2010, 12:30 AM
f.y.i. we parked in sox lot gate 4 worked fine. security guy said it was cool. everything worked out fine with exception of Alexei Ramirez! :angry:
Come on, it's not like the rest of the team went 4 for 5.

Watching it on the TV, Alexei's at bat in the 9th looked very pitiful.:angry:

bridgeportcopper
06-14-2010, 12:46 AM
Come on, it's not like the rest of the team went 4 for 5.

Watching it on the TV, Alexei's at bat in the 9th looked very pitiful.:angry:

Any kind of contact and we're tied! 2nd and 3rd and nobody out K = Pathetic!

ewokpelts
06-14-2010, 10:36 AM
i parked on 33rd across from the park.

fox23
06-14-2010, 10:49 AM

Paul Konerko would disagree with that statement.

bridgeportcopper
06-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Paul Konerko would disagree with that statement.

Not true, when Paulie was up with bases loaded, the force at the plate was in play. When Ramirez batted, the infield was back, they were gonna concede the run for the out.

fox23
06-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Not true, when Paulie was up with bases loaded, the force at the plate was in play. When Ramirez batted, the infield was back, they were gonna concede the run for the out.

Yeah, the 2nd baseman and SS were back, not the 1st baseman. And if the Sox were dumb enough to send a runner home on Konerko's play (if there was no force), he would have been tagged out by 15 feet.

Coops4Aces
06-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Yeah, the 2nd baseman and SS were back, not the 1st baseman. And if the Sox were dumb enough to send a runner home on Konerko's play (if there was no force), he would have been tagged out by 15 feet.

Pierre may have been safe if Hill had to tag him, definitely not 15 feet.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=8995537

cards press box
06-14-2010, 06:28 PM

At the beginning of the series, I thought that Omar Vizquel's absence would be felt at some point and, as it turned out, it was -- in the 9th inning of the third game. If the Sox have runners at 2nd and 3rd with nobody out and Vizquel facing Carlos Marmol, then the Sox likely tie or take the lead. I don't see Vizquel striking out and I certainly don't see him chasing three balls way off the plate, the way that Ramirez did. Vizquel probably walks, gets a hit or makes a productive out. If he walks -- and that, in my view, is the most likely scenario, as Marmol had just walked Andruw Jones on 5 pitches, then the Sox would have had Rios up there with the bases loaded and nowhere to put him.

Man, Ramirez' strikeout was just awful!