PDA

View Full Version : Get Abernathy!

danman31
08-05-2001, 03:53 PM
We should make a deal for Abernathy. He is the real deal at 2B. I say we trade Ray Ginter and a minor leaguer for him. Abernathy is batting over 300 and is a rookie. He was a top prospect with Toronto until he got traded to Tampa in a big deal I can't remember. We need to get a young guy like Abernathy that will be a franchise player. Thoughts?

Mathew
08-05-2001, 03:57 PM
Unlike many people here I don't feel that second base is our problem spot, no matter how generous the official scorer is.

danman31
08-05-2001, 03:59 PM
I don't think Ray is a hole either, but compared to Abernathy Ray is a hole.

Tragg
08-05-2001, 04:03 PM
It seems to me that most of our players have decided to swing for the fences every at bat. You can see it in our deplorable OBP.

We obviously have a couple of players who will never be good hitters. Hopefully, kenny can find suitable replacements. As for our good hitters who aren't good this year, I don't know what to say: better instruction in the spring, perhaps frank's return will bring some patience to the rest of them, perhaps one or two should be dealt. Hopefully, this is just one of those years.

Mathew
08-05-2001, 04:09 PM
Maybe that whole chicks dig the long ball thing has gotten to their heads. You score runs by getting on base not by striking out and hitting the odd homer. Even if it doesn't lead to runs it wears on the pitcher mentally and phisically to have runners on, unlike this team which helps pitcher's confidence by swinging at the first pitch or K'ing too often.