PDA

View Full Version : Beckham at Victoria's Secret downtown store

soxlady8
06-11-2010, 11:09 PM
He and Cubs pitcher Randy Wells were there for two hours this evening.
My friend sent me a facebook invite , but I did not think much of it the other day. She went and got a nice picture with him.
You snooze you lose I guess.
I should have went.

I want to know why many of the player's appearances /signings are so on the downlow as of late ? There does not seem to be too much publicity of appearances /signings these days.

GoGoCrede
06-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Ha, I wonder how many women asked him to sign their newly purchased lingerie. You know someone did.

TheCommander
06-11-2010, 11:26 PM
He and Cubs pitcher Randy Wells were there for two hours this evening.
My friend sent me a facebook invite , but I did not think much of it the other day. She went and got a nice picture with him.
You snooze you lose I guess.
I should have went.

I want to know why many of the player's appearances /signings are so on the downlow as of late ? There does not seem to be too much publicity of appearances /signings these days.

If you check out www.csac.biz, they publicize many Chicago area signings. Without a paid membership, however, you have to wait until the day of the signing to see the specific details(with the exception of some appearances with a fee). But at least you can see who has appearances coming up without being a member.

wassagstdu
06-12-2010, 07:47 AM
This is the kind of crap a player in Beckham's position should jettison.

cws05champ
06-12-2010, 08:30 AM

Agreed...it probably does nothing to actually affect his hitting but it opens him up for criticism.

soxlady8
06-12-2010, 11:24 AM
My logical thinking was like -- Beckham and Victoria's Secret? WHY ???

I could see a car dealership , Sams Club , a Sports Memorabilia store etc. , but VS ??? The first 100 people in line would get a photo with him. My friend did get a picture with him and she is very knowledgable about baseball and true Sox fan. I am really glad for her.

She said half the gals around her didn't even know what a batting average was or an ERA. Some were more impressed with the models.

Go figure ?

hi im skot
06-12-2010, 11:50 AM

Because Victoria's Secret sells MLB apparel (http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=GP-262108&cgname=OSPNKSYLWSX).

manders_01
06-12-2010, 12:06 PM
When I read the title quickly last night I thought it said Victoria Beckham and I couldn't figure out what it was doing in the Clubhouse! :dunce: :D:

NLaloosh
06-12-2010, 03:01 PM
When I read the title quickly last night I thought it said Victoria Beckham and I couldn't figure out what it was doing in the Clubhouse! :dunce: :D:

Yes, any sentence with the words Beckham and Victoria in it interests me.

soxlady8
06-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Thanks for making me aware that VS sells MLB items.

I do not shop there as they are bit too overpriced for my
under garment needs.

A sixty dollar bra, seriously ??

soxfanreggie
06-13-2010, 10:32 AM

Do we know for sure if he went for his own benefit or if it was a Sox-Cubs thing?

Shoeless
06-13-2010, 10:48 AM
his own benefit or if it was a Sox-Cubs thing?
Yes.

bridgeportcopper
06-13-2010, 10:54 AM
A sixty dollar bra, seriously ??

An $8 bra can be just as nice, it depends on whats in it....:wink:

KRS1
06-13-2010, 01:14 PM
I don't get the complaining. That's a pretty cherry gig right there for any young and eligible bachelor.

soxfanreggie
06-13-2010, 05:30 PM
I don't get the complaining. That's a pretty cherry gig right there for any young and eligible bachelor.

I think some people are equating this to a distraction from fixing his batting woes. I personally think he's entitled to make appearances like this, especially if it's to promote our team.

ewokpelts
06-14-2010, 10:39 AM

I could see a car dealership , Sams Club , a Sports Memorabilia store etc. , but VS ??? The first 100 people in line would get a photo with him. My friend did get a picture with him and she is very knowledgable about baseball and true Sox fan. I am really glad for her.

She said half the gals around her didn't even know what a batting average was or an ERA. Some were more impressed with the models.

Go figure ?VS sells white sox gear. and they probably paid beckham close to 10 grand to make an appearance.

that's why he showed up.

ewokpelts
06-14-2010, 10:40 AM
I think some people are equating this to a distraction from fixing his batting woes. I personally think he's entitled to make appearances like this, especially if it's to promote our team.think about it. you get PAID to be in a victoria secret store. life's good

WhiteSox1989
06-14-2010, 11:53 AM
An $8 bra can be just as nice, it depends on whats in it....:wink:
Nice.

EdHerman12
06-19-2010, 10:23 AM
My Sister lives in Boca Raton FL and they sell Florida Marlins baby doll nighties at the Dadeland Mall VS store in Miami....