PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 'And The Wells Come Tumbling Down' 6/11 White Sox vs CHC Postgame Thread

october23sp
06-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Sox light up the board for 10 against the Flubs! Discuss!:bandance:

soxinem1
Randy Wells is not fooling anyone lately, but hey, we'll take it.

Funny how 'America's Best Fans' split after the seventh and left The Urinal half empty. Did they not know what bullpen they were going to face?

Three in a row for just the second time this year? Maybe KW and Ozzie should fight, threaten changes, and force power struggles more. A bit twisted, but maybe this team just needs a good old fashioned fanny kicking....... courtesy of itself!!

Rios and AJ nailing the ball today. Maybe the cubs are just what AJ needed to get his swing going.

thomas35forever
Nice to see us win the least-watched crosstown game in the series' history.

soltrain21
Internet cool points out the window for obviously having this typed and ready to hit submit before the game was over.

WhiteSox5187
06-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Hopefully AJ is coming around. Dare we make it four in a row?

october23sp
06-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Internet cool points out the window for obviously having this typed and ready to hit submit before the game was over.

At least it wasn't a pre-mature typed out loss thread.:)

GoGoCrede
06-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Jake Peavy, you were awesome. Glad I don't have to defend you in this thread. :smile:

AJ and Rios, you both rock.

It's nice to win games like these. I definitely jumped the gun in getting overly worried about Linebrink. Good to see Ozzie had him on a short leash.

soxinem1
Nice to see us win the least-watched crosstown game in the series' history.

I think it is obvious that the inter league and cross-town/geographical rival thing has long lost its bite.

It helped bring the game back 15 years ago, but it is time to give it up.

SoxSpeed22
AJ has always killed the Cubs since he came to the Sox. Good to see him keeping that up.
Also great job by Jake, this was the first time he's had all of his pitches working. Facing a lousy lineup like the Cubs helps. We actually have a winning streak now. If we win that one tomorrow, it's called a winning streak. It has happened before.

JB98
06-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Good hitting today. Good outing for Peavy. Bullpen sucked until Jenks came on and shut the door.

Both Peavy and Jenks have been throwing a lot better lately.

EnglishChiSox
A winning streak:bandance:

WhiteSoxFTW
Sox are now 27-33, Cubs are 26-34. We both suck, but we suck equally, lol.

:walkoff:

I know it wasn't a walkoff, but I find this picture fitting for AJ's performance today!

manders_01
Excellent win! I haven't had an opportunity to enjoy a game in quite sometime and even though I missed a couple of innings today, this was WAY fun! Love me some White Sox baseball!!! :bandance:

GoGoCrede

I once had a loss thread all typed out when we were down 12-0, and Lip swooped in and posted before the game was over. :mad::tongue:

WhiteSox1989
06-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Jake Peavy, you were awesome. Glad I don't have to defend you in this thread. :smile:

It's nice to win games like these. I definitely jumped the gun in getting overly worried about Linebrink. Good to see Ozzie had him on a short leash.
Nah, I don't blame you.

I want a winning streak!

WhiteSoxFTW
06-11-2010, 04:54 PM

I was super excited about that as well. Ozzie knew that we couldn't afford to give him room to **** things up and we really needed to win this one.

guillensdisciple
I think it is obvious that the inter league and cross-town/geographical rival thing has long lost its bite.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that both teams are not that great this year. Disinterest causes a disinterest in the series. Just wait until both teams become competitive. Things will go back to standard.

As for the game, I am still hoping for a resurgence. Hoping that this sleeping team might have finally awakened. Beat Silva tomorrow, and we have ourselves some serious cooking.

Don't let me down Sox, I still believe in all of you!

EDIT: Frank Thomas states we still have a chance. We still have a chance.

Zakath

Sorry, no. It's too much fun beating the **** out of the Cubs.

Plus, I think seeing Kansas City and Cleveland 18 times each is more than enough...

johnnyg83
Good day. It's Friday. Sox win. Hawks Parade. Just bought some good beer for after work.

GoGoCrede
06-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Good day. It's Friday. Sox win. Hawks Parade. Just bought some good beer for after work.

Yep. Life is pretty good, all things considered.

SportsPg
So the real question is - is Patrick Kane a Cubs or Sox fan? He looked like he was feeling no pain when WGN showed him in the bleachers. Did you notice that he was wearing the championship belt that Byfuglien gave him at the rally earlier today? Hilarious - I bet he is hitting Vine's on Clark right now - what else should a 21 year old Stanley Cup champion multi-millionaire do on a warm summer day in Chicago?

Slappy
My sister could hit a home run off Randy Wells.

Wonder how we'll fare against Silva. He can't possibly go to 9-0...

WhiteSox5187
06-11-2010, 04:58 PM
So the real question is - is Patrick Kane a Cubs or Sox fan? He looked like he was feeling no pain when WGN showed him in the bleachers. Did you notice that he was wearing the championship belt that Byfuglien gave him at the rally earlier today? Hilarious - I bet he is hitting Vine's on Clark right now - what else should a 21 year old Stanley Cup champion multi-millionaire do on a warm summer day in Chicago?

I would have put on some sun screen because he looked real burnt there. The whole bullpen looked pretty crisp.

thomas35forever

Either he's badly fallen off or it's a really bad sophomore slump.

Zakath
2-6 spots in the lineup today:

13-24, 8 R, 9 RBI, 3 2B, 2 HR

Pretty good for a team that's only hitting .244.

DirtySox
If only the Sox could play the National League the rest of the way.

JB98

We need to bring back Uribe. Fat Juan always killed Fat Silva back in the day...

october23sp
My thread is losing.:(:

cheezheadsoxfan
06-11-2010, 05:01 PM

History has given us reason. I was right there with you.

Nice win. Stone asked AJ why Cubs bring out the best in him. He said "It's fun".:smile:
Let's go for four in a row. Be nice if we turned our season around on the backs of the Cubs.

Woofer
06-11-2010, 05:06 PM
I would love to see the team get on a roll and make a run at .500. From there, you can set your sights on second place and making up ground on the Twins. I have seen just enough positive stuff lately to hold on to a small amount of hope.

Soxman219
06-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Blackhawks Parade + Sox win in Wrigley with friends = one of the best days of my life.

RANDY WILES
06-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Good hitting today. Good outing for Peavy. Bullpen sucked until Jenks came on and shut the door.

Both Peavy and Jenks have been throwing a lot better lately.

With the exception of Terry Bevington, isn't Linebrink the most detestable Sox player ever-----I go back to 1956!

GoGoCrede
06-11-2010, 05:08 PM
I would love to see the team get on a roll and make a run at .500. From there, you can set your sights on second place and making up ground on the Twins. I have seen just enough positive stuff lately to hold on to a small amount of hope.

Same. Last week I stuck my fork in the season, barring a winning streak. This team has given me hope again, damn it. Don't let me down!

sox1970
06-11-2010, 05:09 PM

There's no rush to dump players, that's for sure. I'd give it to the end of interleague play to see where they stand. If they can finally get on a little run, you never know. But if the Sox are under .500 and 7-8 games out on July 1, start dumping.

Craig Grebeck
06-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Good game all around. Keep it going.

DumpJerry
06-11-2010, 05:10 PM

Silva is 8-0 against the NL. Now he'll face a MLB team......

Slappy
06-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Silva is 8-0 against the NL. Now he'll face a MLB team......

An MLB powerhouse at that!

DumpJerry
06-11-2010, 05:12 PM
An MLB powerhouse at that!
Heck, the Orioles are better than anything the NL has........

Hitmen77
06-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Randy Wells is not fooling anyone lately, but hey, we'll take it.

Funny how 'America's Best Fans' split after the seventh and left The Urinal half empty. Did they not know what bullpen they were going to face?

Three in a row for just the second time this year? Maybe KW and Ozzie should fight, threaten changes, and force power struggles more. A bit twisted, but maybe this team just needs a good old fashioned fanny kicking....... courtesy of itself!!

Rios and AJ nailing the ball today. Maybe the cubs are just what AJ needed to get his swing going.

Oh, I thought I was tuning in the wrong game. We all know Wrigley is always full and the fans are there for the team no matter what. I guess that's an improvement over throwing garbage on the field.

Interesting that he pitches like the Peavy of old when he gets to face the weaker NL.

GoGoCrede
06-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Interesting that he pitches like the Peavy of old when he gets to face the weaker NL.

Hey, a win's a win. I'm sure this will help his confidence when we get back to facing the AL.

tstrike2000
06-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Nice effort today...just keep it going.

Hitmen77
06-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Sorry, no. It's too much fun beating the **** out of the Cubs.

Plus, I think seeing Kansas City and Cleveland 18 times each is more than enough...

:?:No one is saying that we should play KC and CLE more than 18 times a year.

RANDY WILES
06-11-2010, 05:14 PM
There's no rush to dump players, that's for sure. I'd give it to the end of interleague play to see where they stand. If they can finally get on a little run, you never know. But if the Sox are under .500 and 7-8 games out on July 1, start dumping.

I am in minority, but I wouldn'r dump players unless we really get good deals---I would dump Ozzie at year end---he and this staff just can't get the team ready coming out of spring training.

TDog
06-11-2010, 05:15 PM
The important (to some) stats are that the White Sox as a team for the game hit .381 with an on-base percentage of .435 and a slugging percentage of .690. You can figure out your own OPS.

I wouldn't have pinch hit for Peavy. Maybe the Sox don't get any insurance, but I didn't believe the bullpen needed two innings of work today. Pinch-hitting for Peavy turned it into a sloppy game with a lead where you had hoped you wouldn't have to go to Santos, Putz, Thornton or Jenks. Pena has been pitching well lately, but Russell hadn't been pitching badly for the Cubs, certainly not as badly as he pitched today.

Unfortunately, Jenks had to come into the game, and as has usually been the case of late, he didn't allow anything hit out of the infield. I was impressed that Guillen didn't wait for a save situation to bring him in. That shows he isn't managing by the save rule, which is something he and other managers should do more often.

It was a great win, if sloppy at the end. Peavy pitched very well. Sox starters in general have pitched very well lately. I hope it continues this weekend.

White Sox pinch hitters are now hitting .307 for the season. I believe they had successive home runs (not sure the last time that happened) before Lillibridge, who had a pinch-hit homer doubled. The pinch-hitting heroics of late have come with the White Sox ahead by at least four runs, but it is nice to have big leads.

It wasn't against a pitcher the White Sox had never faced before, as the first two wins against the Marlins were, but the Sox have been playing pretty good baseball this week, with the exception of one inning against the Tigers.

soxinem1
06-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Same. Last week I stuck my fork in the season, barring a winning streak. This team has given me hope again, damn it. Don't let me down!

I'll get my hope back when we are OVER .500 and within less than four games of MIN before July 1.

If not, it is too little, too late.

DumpJerry
06-11-2010, 05:19 PM
With the exception of Terry Bevington, isn't Linebrink the most detestable Sox player ever-----I go back to 1956!
Not even close. Linebrink does not say things to piss off the fans and there were plenty of ****ty players in the 1970's for us to hate on, not to mention some in the 90's.

By the way, Bevington was not a player.

JB98
06-11-2010, 05:20 PM

Nah. Linebrink's a good guy. Unfortunately, I think he's done as a pitcher. And the Sox are on the hook with him for the rest of this year and next...

GoGoCrede
06-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Not even close. Linebrink does not say things to piss off the fans and there were plenty of ****ty players in the 1970's for us to hate on, not to mention some in the 90's.

Plus, by all accounts, Linebrink is a great guy. He gave Jenks advice when Jenks was trying to give up alcohol, and was probably one of the reasons Peavy came here - they're best friends.

SouthSideSid
06-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Time to celebrate :gulp::gulp::gulp:

Screw salvaging some pride against the cubs - let this be the start of a refocused team.

voodoochile
06-11-2010, 05:21 PM
I'll get my hope back when we are OVER .500 and within less than four games of MIN before July 1.

If not, it is too little, too late.

So if the Sox are 1 game under an 5 games back that just won't cut it? :tongue:

Oh who cares...

Alex opened it, AJ heated it, Jake dished it...

And Carlos? Carlos was the cherry on top...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=6294&stc=1&d=1243656940

:soxwin:

:)

sox1970
06-11-2010, 05:27 PM
FWIW

http://twitter.com/cst_sox/status/15958812190

http://twitter.com/cst_sox/status/15959640476

Frankfan4life
06-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Wow, winning sure feels good! :D:

RANDY WILES
06-11-2010, 05:36 PM

Right, should have said "in a Sox uniform"---which Sox players from the 70's are you thinking of? I thought most of those guys were pretty cool---not always good, however.

RANDY WILES
06-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Plus, by all accounts, Linebrink is a great guy. He gave Jenks advice when Jenks was trying to give up alcohol, and was probably one of the reasons Peavy came here - they're best friends.

Still not dissuaded----Linebrink, as a player, is height of underachievement.

delben91
06-11-2010, 05:43 PM

Underachievement, yes.

However, I tend to associate "detestable" with the player's personality and actions off the field as much as on it. Paniagua comes to mind, despite only one game in a Sox uniform.

Hitmen77
06-11-2010, 05:44 PM

Wow, I guess we've blocked Jaime Navarro from our memory. :tongue:

JB98
06-11-2010, 05:45 PM

Linebrink, the player, deserves criticism. He has pitched poorly.

But I don't detest him personally.

Jaime Navarro, for example, pitched poorly and pointed fingers at his teammates after losses. He would be an example of a detestable player in my book.

RANDY WILES
06-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Linebrink, the player, deserves criticism. He has pitched poorly.

But I don't detest him personally.

Jaime Navarro, for example, pitched poorly and pointed fingers at his teammates after losses. He would be an example of a detestable player in my book.

Oh yeah, forgot about that guy---Linebrink moves down to #3.

RANDY WILES
06-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Underachievement, yes.

However, I tend to associate "detestable" with the player's personality and actions off the field as much as on it. Paniagua comes to mind, despite only one game in a Sox uniform.

WHO??? Thought I remembered all of the Sox. If he could make himself more destable than Navarro and others, he must be some kind of man----what did he do?

soltrain21
06-11-2010, 06:01 PM
FWIW

http://twitter.com/cst_sox/status/15958812190

http://twitter.com/cst_sox/status/15959640476

I don't like that. Let's try not pretend we are "back in it."

DirtySox
06-11-2010, 06:05 PM
I don't like that. Let's try not pretend we are "back in it."

Agreed.

Anyhow, it doesn't sound that cut and dry to me:

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/06/pierzynski-cant-wait-to-receive-no-trade-rights.html

JB98
06-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Yeah, one of the characteristics of "Walkerball" is a cold April and May, followed by a fools' gold hot streak in June against crappy NL teams. Just look at last year.

I'm thrilled we won today, don't get me wrong. But it's gonna take a lot more than this to get me excited about the team again.

JermaineDye05
06-11-2010, 06:08 PM

Dan H
06-11-2010, 06:10 PM
After all the losing this year, I am glad for the streak. I don't care if the hapless Cubs are a part of it. But it will take a lot more winning to change my mind about this team. As for now, I will enjoy it while it lasts and hope I have been totally wrong.

Woofer
06-11-2010, 06:16 PM
After all the losing this year, I am glad for the streak. I don't care if the hapless Cubs are a part of it. But it will take a lot more winning to change my mind about this team. As for now, I will enjoy it while it lasts and hope I have been totally wrong.

I've said all along that a 6-7 game winning streak would do wonders to this teams psyche. The team hasn't had a chance to gel. I'm not going out on a limb and saying that the team has turned a corner, but at least things are looking up.

october23sp
06-11-2010, 06:22 PM
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/mrt.gif

DickAllen72
06-11-2010, 06:23 PM
We need to bring back Uribe. Fat Juan always killed Fat Silva back in the day...
He'd look great playing 3B for the Sox this year, that's for sure.

DumpJerry
06-11-2010, 06:38 PM
:XL
Yes. Linebrink is the most despicable player in the history of the White Sox. No, make that the history of Baseball. By the way, Frank Thomas is a malingerer. When is my statue going up in Center Field?

TheCommander
06-11-2010, 07:11 PM

:shammy
"You might have been indifferent about me when I was on the South Side, but once I headed north...."

RANDY WILES
06-11-2010, 07:14 PM
:XL
Yes. Linebrink is the most despicable player in the history of the White Sox. No, make that the history of Baseball. By the way, Frank Thomas is a malingerer. When is my statue going up in Center Field?

What a bad post on my part---Linebrink has been removed from my despicable list to my "not so good free agent pickup" list.

Apologize for not listing David Wells with Bevington, but the thought of Wells is so troubling I have deleted from my memory. One of my favorite baseball memories was when that 5 "8", 160 lbs. guy cleaned his clock in a New York diner. The guy was a baker going to work and it was about 4:30 am.

bridgeportcopper
06-11-2010, 07:17 PM
I don't know if this was discussed earlier, but is there any truth to those reports that Randy Wells was seen out at 3:30 this morning drinking from the Stanley Cup with some Blackhawks? If this is true, on the morning he is scheduled to start a DAY game, he should be released. I know people are gonna say "but David Wells threw a perfect game when he said he was drunk", but at that point David Wells was a seasoned veteran and on a powerful Yankee team that wasn't foundering and in need of a lift. Shame on you Randy if true!

PhillipsBubba
06-11-2010, 07:17 PM
The Sox are like former pitchers Chris Knapp and Steve Trout...they sucked but just when you were ready to get rid of them they'd have a decent game.

Bottom line...too little...too late.

I hope Williams follows up on his bold words of the other day.

RadioheadRocks
06-11-2010, 07:27 PM
WHO??? Thought I remembered all of the Sox. If he could make himself more destable than Navarro and others, he must be some kind of man----what did he do?

Joe BreadAndWater's single game exploits have been well-documented here in WSI over the years.

TDog
06-11-2010, 07:28 PM
The Sox are like former pitchers Chris Knapp and Steve Trout...they sucked but just when you were ready to get rid of them they'd have a decent game.

Bottom line...too little...too late.

I hope Williams follows up on his bold words of the other day.

Chris Knapp? He only 32 games in three seasons for the White Sox, going up and down in the minors, before they traded him to the Angels where he pitched in twice that.

Some believe the White Sox gave up on Chris Knapp too soon. I'm not among them, but he seems a curious choice to make your point.

The White Sox don't seem to have given up on the season, by the way, even if you have.

LITTLE NELL
06-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Right, should have said "in a Sox uniform"---which Sox players from the 70's are you thinking of? I thought most of those guys were pretty cool---not always good, however.

Claudell Washington (slept here) was not cool.

KMcMahon817
06-11-2010, 08:23 PM

You're letting them get to your optimism. :o:

Foulke You
06-11-2010, 09:26 PM
:hitless

"I think everyone forgot about me!"

PhillipsBubba
06-11-2010, 09:29 PM
The White Sox don't seem to have given up on the season, by the way, even if you have.

I never said they gave up...they just don't have what it takes to make the playoffs.

Foulke You
06-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Went to the ballgame and the weather was as smokin' hot as the Sox bats. Mercy, I think I lost about 5 lbs in sweat. Anyway, it's always nice to see the blue "L" flag run up the pole at Wrigley when the Sox are the ones dishing it out. The only negative was the poor job Pena, Williams, and Linebrink did in "garbage time". Rios and AJ dominated the game. Cubs fans started trickling out in the 6th inning and when we busted it open in the 7th, it was a mass exodus out of the park for the "world's greatest fans". When the game concluded, there easily was only about 20,000 in the house. The ballgame definitely lacked some sizzle from previous years, however, the Sox busting it wide open had a lot to do with the lack of drama.

I really hope the Sox take a long hard look at Randy Williams and Linebrink and what purpose they are serving in this bullpen. Neither of them can be trusted in a close game so why are they taking up a roster spot? I realize Linebrink is making a ton of money but sometimes you have to just cut your losses. The Brewers did it recently with Jeff Suppan and he makes about twice as much as Linebrink. It just isn't working out with this guy for the Sox. Williams isn't even a big salary guy so other than being a left handed warm body, I don't see why he hasn't been switched with another arm from the minors.

Viva Medias B's
06-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Either he's badly fallen off or it's a really bad sophomore slump.

Or he partied with the Blackhawks until 3:00 a.m. Or so the rumor had it which the Cubs denied.

TDog
06-11-2010, 11:27 PM
I never said they gave up...they just don't have what it takes to make the playoffs.

You might be right. Considering all the things that can go wrong in a baseball season and how few teams make the postseason (technically there only being a "playoff" in baseball if two teams are tied and only one can go to the postseason), your chances of being right are better than your chances of being wrong.

I at least hope the White Sox play at least well enough that management doesn't blow up the team and turn them into losers for years to come.

TDog
06-11-2010, 11:36 PM
If only the Sox could play the National League the rest of the way.

Strangely enough, only the White Sox, Red Sox, Twins and A's among AL teams have winning records against NL teams this season. And both of the NL teams the White Sox have played are .500 against AL teams this year.

khan
06-11-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm pleased about the win, especially with the way that Peavy, Rios, and AJ performed.

Having said that, getting free wins off weak NL teams is a great way to mask a team's mediocrity. Let's see this team get on a roll vs. the ****ty NL teams, and IF they can convert it into regular wins vs AL teams, then we can start to believe in the 2010 SOX.

Until then, I reserve my right to doubt this team's chances.

hi im skot
06-12-2010, 12:01 AM
I'm pleased about the win, especially with the way that Peavy, Rios, and AJ performed.

Having said that, getting free wins off weak NL teams is a great way to mask a team's mediocrity. Let's see this team get on a roll vs. the ****ty NL teams, and IF they can convert it into regular wins vs AL teams, then we can start to believe in the 2010 SOX.

Until then, I reserve my right to doubt this team's chances.

While I don't disagree with your sentiment, there's no such thing as a "free win".

palehozenychicty
06-12-2010, 12:48 AM
You might be right. Considering all the things that can go wrong in a baseball season and how few teams make the postseason (technically there only being a "playoff" in baseball if two teams are tied and only one can go to the postseason), your chances of being right are better than your chances of being wrong.

I at least hope the White Sox play at least well enough that management doesn't blow up the team and turn them into losers for years to come.

Yep. We're winning at such a high clip right now and lately.

soltrain21
06-12-2010, 07:31 AM

I, too, would love to see this team sit in mediocrity with no hope for the future because we have a couple players left from our World Series team from five years ago.

It has to happen. What is the difference between "losing for years to come" and "hovering around or below .500 and missing the playoffs for years to come?" They are the exact same thing.

Team needs a new direction with a new core.

soxfanatlanta
06-12-2010, 08:23 AM
I'm in the "blow it up" camp, but I have some concern about doing that. Do we have any decent scouting to recognize young talent? I know we have scored big with the likes of Danks, and I think Beckham will sort things out in the long run, but I have not seen anything in the farm (save Hudson) that makes me very optimistic about the future.

If you don't have the scouting, a youth movement will be useless.

Craig Grebeck
06-12-2010, 08:49 AM

How could they when the future is so bright?!

Alex Rios is, today, probably the best player in baseball -- speaking purely about 2010. Amazing.

Hegewisch
06-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Great game against the Cubs! I am proud! Good last 3 games. Keep it up !!!

TDog
06-12-2010, 10:11 AM
I, too, would love to see this team sit in mediocrity with no hope for the future because we have a couple players left from our World Series team from five years ago.

It has to happen. What is the difference between "losing for years to come" and "hovering around or below .500 and missing the playoffs for years to come?" They are the exact same thing.

Team needs a new direction with a new core.

Blowing up the team is only going to make things worse. The Whtie Sox aren't about to raid any farm systems with pending free agents, as some seem to believe they could.

soltrain21
06-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Blowing up the team is only going to make things worse. The Whtie Sox aren't about to raid any farm systems with pending free agents, as some seem to believe they could.

You'd shed payroll and start to build a new core. I don't care if it gets "worse." It isn't going to get better without doing it.

harwar
06-12-2010, 11:04 AM
i've been in low health the last week to the point that i missed most of the games and the Sox win 4 out of 5 .. now i'm afraid to watch lol .. wouldn't want to be a jonah .. i hope they keep this up because it's fun talking about winning and i'm not looking forward to several miserable years if they dismantle the team ..

PhillipsBubba
06-12-2010, 11:12 AM

I, too wish things were better or get better...but then again, I stopped believing in Santa Claus a long time ago!

Perhaps a novena?

http://www.heartofhope.org/Praying-Hands-2007

Craig Grebeck
06-12-2010, 11:41 AM
No one believes they're going to raid any farm systems.

What's the best case scenario? Keep everyone, let AJ and Paul walk, and replace them with free agents? Great -- you've still got between 15 and 20% of your payroll locked up in Jake Peavy.

Gut the ****ing thing, try to keep Rios to build around a superstar.

NLaloosh
06-12-2010, 02:00 PM

So, you wouldn't want them to become...umm...like... what they are now?

TDog
06-12-2010, 02:39 PM
You'd shed payroll and start to build a new core. I don't care if it gets "worse." It isn't going to get better without doing it.

And they aren't going to get better for a long time if they do. To do what you are talking about, the White Sox would have to trade Rios. If the Sox can't expect to be a contender in the life of his contract, there isn't any reason to keep him anyway.

Viva Medias B's
06-12-2010, 07:14 PM
I, too wish things were better or get better...but then again, I stopped believing in Santa Claus a long time ago!

Perhaps a novena?

http://www.heartofhope.org/Praying-Hands-2007

IzlTeuUPpmQ

This is technically not a Novena, but this helps.