PDA

View Full Version : Thursday's WINNING Pick to Click!

PaleHoseGeorge
06-20-2002, 03:59 PM
The Sox get a fat, early lead, and MIRACLES, they win the game!

"Who wudda thunk it?!" :walnuts

Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4)

More to follow.

Go Sox!

Randar68
06-20-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4)

More to follow.

Go Sox!

How does Buehrle not get it for holding the lead and pitching damn near a CG shutout?

PaleHoseGeorge
06-20-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
How does Buehrle not get it for holding the lead and pitching damn near a CG shutout?

Buehrle pitched with a lead from the very start, thanks to Konerko. Furthermore, the Sox scored six runs in a winning effort. Under those circumstances, when there are deserving PTC candidates for both pitcher and position player, the winner will favor the hitter. That's because the Sox offense scored six runs.

It's all explained in the primer. Buehrle would have won PTC several more times this season, except he nearly always gets good run support. Thus the hitters often "steal" the award from him.

Good question. Thanks for asking. :smile:

raul12
06-20-2002, 04:13 PM

b/c PHG is the CEO....he can do what he wants! no PTC for you--come back one year!

Daver
06-20-2002, 04:15 PM

Because the umpire did not receive the suggestion wrapped in small unmarked bills.

Randar68
06-20-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by raul12

b/c PHG is the CEO....he can do what he wants! no PTC for you--come back one year!

I don't even play this game, I just enjoy busting PHG's chops everytime he makes a "questionable" call!

PaleHoseGeorge
06-20-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by daver
Because the umpire did not receive the suggestion wrapped in small unmarked bills.

There is a part of me that thinks I should raise the value of the grand prize just to see how valuable the bribes might become.

Ah, corruption...

:)

Daver
06-20-2002, 05:07 PM

There is a part of me that thinks I should raise the value of the grand prize just to see how valuable the bribes might become.

Ah, corruption...

:)

I think you are undervaluing the the worth of a case of Hamms,but it may just be me. :redneck

rmusacch
06-20-2002, 05:20 PM

More to follow.

Go Sox!

Damn, I had Maggs :)

Tavarin
06-20-2002, 05:35 PM
This is an outrage! Clayton clearly deserved the PTC today. I mean, because he was sitting on the bench, we won the game :)

my5thbench
06-20-2002, 06:19 PM
huh?

Paul who?

how do you spell MVP

Konerko has GUSTO

go go SOXXXX

delben91
06-20-2002, 09:07 PM
What's this, two straight PTC wins for me after a month long 0-fer?!?!? Perhaps I'm just getting lucky lately, or maybe by picking jon and pauly, I made them better players.......yes, that's got to be it. So, while I'm making players better, I think I'll go with ritchie tomorrow night.

Hey, it can't hurt :D:

Daver
06-20-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by delben91
What's this, two straight PTC wins for me after a month long 0-fer?!?!? Perhaps I'm just getting lucky lately, or maybe by picking jon and pauly, I made them better players.......yes, that's got to be it. So, while I'm making players better, I think I'll go with ritchie tomorrow night.

Hey, it can't hurt :D:

He needs all the help he can get. The Sox offense isn't giving him much help for the most part.

TheBigHurt
06-21-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Tavarin
This is an outrage! Clayton clearly deserved the PTC today. I mean, because he was sitting on the bench, we won the game :)

you got a pretty good piont.