PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie/KW Almost Come to Blows

DirtySox
06-11-2010, 12:26 AM
Says everyone's favorite Cowley:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/2380948,CST-SPT-sox11.article

DirtySox
06-11-2010, 12:42 AM
This organization is clown shoes from top to bottom.

GoGoCrede
06-11-2010, 12:46 AM
Embarrassing, disappointing, maddening, etc.

Eh, you can always count on Cowley to stir up some drama.

Tragg
06-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Doesn't suprise me that Guillen would beat Williams in a power struggle. But Williams is correct in this Ozney business.

Peavy says "count him out" if the Sox are rebuilding? What does that mean? He's under contract.

Get rid of all of them.

october23sp
06-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Just remember the cameras are rolling.

GoGoCrede
06-11-2010, 12:50 AM
Doesn't suprise me that Guillen would be Williams in a power struggle. But Williams is correct in this Ozney business.

Peavy says "count him out" if the Sox are rebuilding? What does that mean? He's under contract.

Get rid of all of them.

For ****ing real. I know Ozney is his son, but come on now. The Sox were never obligated to draft him. And if he was such a great prospect, why wasn't he picked earlier? Unless Oney's story about the Sox sabotaging him in the draft was true, but consider the source.

october23sp
06-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Oh and yeah I hate Peavy.

GoGoCrede
06-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Oh and yeah I hate Peavy.

We never would have guessed.

october23sp
06-11-2010, 12:57 AM
We never would have guessed.

Before I hated how he performed, I now hate him because of these "count me out" comments. Yeah get the hell out of here you and you're 5.90 ERA.

guillensdisciple
06-11-2010, 12:58 AM
This is painful to read. A winning streak makes all of this disappear.

GoGoCrede
06-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Before I hated how he performed, I now hate him because of these "count me out" comments. Yeah get the hell out of here you and you're 5.90 ERA.

Re-read the article. You really seem determined to hate him. He didn't say "count me out," stupid Cowley did. Peavy said some good things about the organization, and said he believed winning could happen here.

guillensdisciple
06-11-2010, 01:01 AM
Damn, I feel bad for Peavy. The guy wants to win, and he came from one **** show to another.

I really want this thing to turn around. Just invest the 100 million in a good place.

Danielgosox38
06-11-2010, 01:06 AM
How can Ozzie have any defenders now? The guy is a drama queen and needs get his ass kicked out of the door asap.

DirtySox
06-11-2010, 01:08 AM
How can Ozzie have any defenders now? The guy is a drama queen and needs get his ass kicked out of the door asap.

No kidding. The fact that he seemingly has more clout than Kenny is sickening. Ultimately, I'd like both gone though.

samurai_sox
06-11-2010, 01:28 AM
Looks like the KW/Ozzie era is slowly but surely coming to an end.

october23sp
06-11-2010, 01:36 AM
Damn, I feel bad for Peavy. The guy wants to win, and he came from one **** show to another.

I really want this thing to turn around. Just invest the 100 million in a good place.

He's a reason the 2010 Sox are a **** show.

Boondock Saint
06-11-2010, 01:37 AM

That's one way to look at it.

october23sp
06-11-2010, 01:38 AM
Re-read the article. You really seem determined to hate him. He didn't say "count me out," stupid Cowley did. Peavy said some good things about the organization, and said he believed winning could happen here.

I did re-read it, it seems he doesn't realize that the team is in shambles, but the personal hatred will go away for now, but still not a fan of his on the field.

voodoochile
06-11-2010, 01:54 AM
I did re-read it, it seems he doesn't realize that the team is in shambles, but the personal hatred will go away for now, but still not a fan of his on the field.

Even if he did, do you really think he'd say it to a reporter?

"Well golllleee, Mr. Cowley... This team sucks hard and we're struggling just to go to the park every day to go through the motions so enough fans come out where the franchise doesn't fold under the weight of our bloated contracts. The constant bickering behind the scenes by Kenny and Ozzie makes it next to impossible for any of us to look forward to coming to work every day. And yes, at the moment, this truly is more like a job than any team I've ever been a part of. It's a freaking chore I tell you and I look forward to the day they dismantle this woebegotten piece of **** team so I can get traded and get on with my life..."

I imagine he'd get hammered extra hard if he did that...

GoGoCrede
06-11-2010, 01:56 AM
Even if he did, do you really think he'd say it to a reporter?

"Well golllleee, Mr. Cowley... This team sucks hard and we're struggling just to go to the park every day to go through the motions so enough fans come out where the franchise doesn't fold under the weight of our bloated contracts. The constant bickering behind the scenes by Kenny and Ozzie makes it next to impossible for any of us to look forward to coming to work every day. And yes, at the moment, this truly is more like a job than any team I've ever been a part of. It's a freaking chore I tell you and I look forward to the day they dismantle this woebegotten piece of **** team so I can get traded and get on with my life..."

I imagine he'd get hammered extra hard if he did that...

Eh, he gets hammered for almost any comment he makes nowadays, so I wouldn't expect this to be any different.

MarySwiss
06-11-2010, 02:21 AM
Okay; let's analyze. They almost came to blows. In other words, they didn't come to blows. Wow, talk about breaking news!

Sorry, but I'll consider the source here. And based on that, I'll wait until a shakeup actually happens. My guess is, it won't. And frankly, I hope it doesn't. I'm as unhappy as anyone with the way this team has been performing, but I'm willing to cut Ozzie and KW a boatload of slack. They earned it in 2005.

VMSNS
06-11-2010, 02:41 AM
This is borderline unacceptable. One of these guys needs to get the hell out of town. My money is on Ozzie.

I am so sick of all this Guillen family drama. Ozzie getting a Twitter account, Mrs. Guillen getting pissed at Kenny for firing Oney, Oney just being a total douchebag, Ozney not getting drafted by the Sox, and now this. It NEEDS to stop. Enough is enough, already.

LITTLE NELL
06-11-2010, 05:23 AM
Has this led to a lot of unease in the clubhouse with one faction lining up behind Williams and another behind Guillen? Maybe thats why these guys aren't playing as a team. I for one has enough of the Ozzie circus, lets get a no BS guy in there that is a stickler on fundementals and can kick some ass. Hire Carlton Fisk.

palehozenychicty
06-11-2010, 06:09 AM
If this is true, then for shame. Uncle Jerry needs to clean house. I will always appreciate the fire of these guys, but it may be time to start fresh.

Standing Ovation
06-11-2010, 06:24 AM
Is it me, or has Cowley's actual writing gotten really bad? It's grammatically all over the board. He needs to put the Twitter down and go take a writing course.

soltrain21
06-11-2010, 07:15 AM
Okay; let's analyze. They almost came to blows. In other words, they didn't come to blows. Wow, talk about breaking news!

This is still a big story.

DumpJerry
06-11-2010, 07:15 AM
Nothing is more entertaining than reading WSI when the Sox are crapping the bed.

canOcorn
06-11-2010, 07:27 AM

Hopefully. :praying:

guillensdisciple
06-11-2010, 07:50 AM

Sorry, but I'll consider the source here. And based on that, I'll wait until a shakeup actually happens. My guess is, it won't. And frankly, I hope it doesn't. I'm as unhappy as anyone with the way this team has been performing, but I'm willing to cut Ozzie and KW a boatload of slack. They earned it in 2005.

While I lean on the side of Kenny and Ozzie almost 100 percent of the time, there is one thing I will disagree with in what you wrote and that's 2005 having to do with any of this. That should not be how we qualify these guys to us. Do you see us winning a title with these guys again? That's how I see if it is a good idea to keep these guys around. 2005 is now an after thought, and has nothing to do with the direction of this franchise.

I believe that this team has the right mindset to carry a winning franchise, but due to lack of execution and somewhat ludicrous spending of finances have underperformed. They have a nice payroll, and it is time for them to cut corners and hire real talent for the amount of money they are willing to pay.

If possible, get rid of the junk that is holding you back financially and sucking as well, while hiring something of equal price value but better performance. 100 million should be more than enough to see this team hoise another world series trophy in the next 10 years. That's just me though.

WhiteSox5187
06-11-2010, 07:52 AM
Well, there are a couple of thoughts here, one is that Kenny has a history of being physical and having a bad temper. There was the clubhouse table thing, in 2008 after failing to land Miguel Cabrera he allegedly threw a phone across the room and started trashing his hotel suite. So it seems to be within the realm of possibility that he would start to get physical with Ozzie or anyone else.

As for Ozzie, I know he has a temper, but I'm not so sure if I could see it coming to blows, but that's just idle speculation (which is kind of what this story might be). This all has to do with Ozney or whoever not being drafted higher, and the problem isn't that Ozney wasn't drafted higher necessarily, the REAL problem is that last year Kenny's son went in the sixth round in what was one of the worst picks of the decade. So Kenny will take his own son at a point when there are still some viable players on the board and won't take Ozzie's until the 22nd (they both have the same talent level) is what irritates Ozzie. Had Kenny's son been taken in the 22nd round, I don't think this would be a problem.

One other thing, it takes two to fight. Someone should have walked away from this before it came close to being any sort of physical confrontation. They should both go.

WhiteSox1989
06-11-2010, 08:17 AM
Well, there are a couple of thoughts here, one is that Kenny has a history of being physical and having a bad temper. There was the clubhouse table thing, in 2008 after failing to land Miguel Cabrera he allegedly threw a phone across the room and started trashing his hotel suite. So it seems to be within the realm of possibility that he would start to get physical with Ozzie or anyone else.

As for Ozzie, I know he has a temper, but I'm not so sure if I could see it coming to blows, but that's just idle speculation (which is kind of what this story might be). This all has to do with Ozney or whoever not being drafted higher, and the problem isn't that Ozney wasn't drafted higher necessarily, the REAL problem is that last year Kenny's son went in the sixth round in what was one of the worst picks of the decade. So Kenny will take his own son at a point when there are still some viable players on the board and won't take Ozzie's until the 22nd (they both have the same talent level) is what irritates Ozzie. Had Kenny's son been taken in the 22nd round, I don't think this would be a problem.

One other thing, it takes two to fight. Someone should have walked away from this before it came close to being any sort of physical confrontation. They should both go.
I like Ozzie, but I'd rather see him go.

Doesn't matter, because I don't think either of them are.

hi im skot
06-11-2010, 08:17 AM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/sschaaf/eeatingpopcornvi_gif1184055840-vi.gif

#1swisher
06-11-2010, 08:20 AM

It takes two to fight... Ozzie is the voice of reason. just sayin'

Frontman
06-11-2010, 08:21 AM
If this is true, then for shame. Uncle Jerry needs to clean house. I will always appreciate the fire of these guys, but it may be time to start fresh.

Exactly. As soon as Cowley "reported" that an un-named "team source" said this happened, I took it all with a grain of salt. Cowley is known for the half-reporting/half-tabloid coverage of the Sox anyways, so unless I hear a press release; I don't believe anything he reports anyways.

That being said, its not hard to believe. Both of them are hotheads; and if it almost came to blows because Ozney got drafted; who exactly is at fault? Kenny or Ozzie or both?

Dan H
06-11-2010, 08:24 AM
For ****ing real. I know Ozney is his son, but come on now. The Sox were never obligated to draft him. And if he was such a great prospect, why wasn't he picked earlier? Unless Oney's story about the Sox sabotaging him in the draft was true, but consider the source.

You're right. The White Sox have no obligation to Ozney. They have an organization to run, and they can't do that by playing favorites. In the business world, there are reasons why employers don't like to hire family members. Situations like this happen all the time, and it all does is create tension. Ozney needs to make it on his own somewhere else.

It is time for Ozzie to go and now. He has overextended his stay.

I don't know what is going on between the scenes, but Jerry Reinsdorf needs to handle this situaiton with a shake-up. There is no reason to wait. The team needs new leadership and a new direction now. Hoping for a winning streak doesn't cut it. No more denial.

sox1970
06-11-2010, 08:26 AM
I'm ready for Ozzie to go. Hopefully after the season, the Braves and Marlins will want to talk to him, the Sox will let him, and he'll get one of those jobs. That's the dream scenario. This is assuming Fredi Gonzalez gets fired, which may not happen. One thing is for sure- this is the last season with Kenny and Ozzie together in their current positions. Something will happen.

tebman
06-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Exactly. As soon as Cowley "reported" that an un-named "team source" said this happened, I took it all with a grain of salt. Cowley is known for the half-reporting/half-tabloid coverage of the Sox anyways, so unless I hear a press release; I don't believe anything he reports anyways.

So tired of this. Cowley wants to be Jay Mariotti when he grows up, and that's really a tragic ambition.

These guys are all jocks. They're excitable, Type-A personalities who have allergic reactions when they lose. I'd be disappointed if they didn't get cranky in light of the way this team's been playing.

Given that, I wish Cowley would find some real baseball news to write about.

Craig Grebeck
06-11-2010, 08:31 AM
No kidding. The fact that he seemingly has more clout than Kenny is sickening. Ultimately, I'd like both gone though.
Kenny will kick himself upstairs, via Jerry, and Rick will take over. Will it get better? I hope.

Madvora
06-11-2010, 08:39 AM
These guys are all jocks. They're excitable, Type-A personalities who have allergic reactions when they lose. I'd be disappointed if they didn't get cranky in light of the way this team's been playing.
Great point. Kenny and Ozzie included with current players.
The fact that there's cameras around catching all (some) of this can't be helping. I can't believe a private, secretive person like KW would even allow the filming in the first place.

It's going to be weird watching a show that is several months behind when we know what is currently happening.

cards press box
06-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Kenny will kick himself upstairs, via Jerry, and Rick will take over. Will it get better? I hope.

I could see that happening. Hasn't Rick Hahn been a candidate for other GM positions in the past few years?

I have one observation about the apparent simmering bad feelings between KW and Ozzie: there were apparently bad feelings lingering from the whole Twitter episode with Oney Guillen and those feelings festered to the point where the Guillen family felt slighted by the Sox drafting Ozney Guillen in the 22nd round. The fact that the Sox probably drafted KW, Jr. higher than he was projected last year only added to the tension between Ozzie and KW. The whole situation is very disappointing.

Craig Grebeck
06-11-2010, 08:43 AM
I could see that happening. Hasn't Rick Hahn been a candidate for other GM positions in the past few years?

I have one observation about the apparent simmering bad feelings between KW and Ozzie: there were apparently bad feelings lingering from the whole Twitter episode with Oney Guillen and those feelings festered to the point where the Guillen family felt slighted by the Sox drafting Ozney Guillen in the 22nd round. The fact that the Sox probably drafted KW, Jr. higher than he was projected last year only added to the tension between Ozzie and KW. The whole situation is very disappointing.
Hahn's been a candidate for three jobs, and has pulled his name out of the running at the last second of all three. He's an interesting guy, and far more SABR-oriented than Kenny. Still, he has a good relationship with scouts and is a vocal supporter of guys who aren't SABR-inclined (IIRC, De Aza).

KW Jr. was taken too high, and Oney tweeted about him a little bit. Cryptically, but he ripped into him and KW pretty hard.

TomBradley72
06-11-2010, 08:50 AM

I just don't see how an accomplishment 5 years ago is relevent to someone keeping their job in 2010. We've been < .500 3 of the last 4 years....looking alot more like the late 80's Himes era or the late 90's Schueler era. I think the goodwill and memories of 2005 have led to alot more patience in KW and Ozzie then their results have warranted.

KW has a mediocre minor league system + mediocre major league roster stocked with retreads .

Ozzie is allowing drama with his two sons to enter into the picture which shows a lack of focus and discipline from my perspective.

Iwritecode
06-11-2010, 08:57 AM
Sorry, but I'll consider the source here.

Is it me, or has Cowley's actual writing gotten really bad? It's grammatically all over the board. He needs to put the Twitter down and go take a writing course.

He mentions Peavy earning 10-and-five rights in 2012.

Does he not understand that the "five" part of 10-and-five rights means 5 years with the SAME team? :scratch:

russ99
06-11-2010, 08:57 AM

Oh, please.

Kenny's obviously the one with the issues here. Every little thing that's said in the press, he flies off the handle. If Cowley's to be believed, Kenny originated the fracas.

Look at his supposed comment to Peavy. Jake's trying to get himself back (and had a decent if gritty outing last time) and the last thing he needs is the GM coming to him and telling him that things need to change. That's the coach's (specifically Cooper's) responsibility.

Dude's on a power trip and I have to wonder if it's made worse by Jerry not letting him fire Ozzie's coaches.

I hate to bring this up as it sounds a bit petty, but Kenny's been unbearable since his divorce. He's putting all his irritations and frustrations onto the Sox.

That's not to say Ozzie's blameless. He needs to shut his kids up and focus on the Sox.

asindc
06-11-2010, 09:04 AM
This strikes me as more gossip repeating masquerading as reporting. That said, if it is at all true, then JR should step in and resolve the tensions right now. I don't imagine this is the first time a GM and Manager (or Coach) have exchanged angry words, but this, if true, needs to be addressed before either one of them speaks to the media again.

slavko
06-11-2010, 09:05 AM
So tired of this. Cowley wants to be Jay Mariotti when he grows up, and that's really a tragic ambition.

Given that, I wish Cowley would find some real baseball news to write about.

When the team is having the year it's having, this is what passes for real baseball news. Especially with "I'm edgy and like to push the envelope" Joe Cowley.

hi im skot
06-11-2010, 09:20 AM
You're right. The White Sox have no obligation to Ozney. They have an organization to run, and they can't do that by playing favorites. In the business world, there are reasons why employers don't like to hire family members. Situations like this happen all the time, and it all does is create tension. Ozney needs to make it on his own somewhere else.

Kenny kind of put himself in this position by drafting his own son rather early in the draft back in 2008. Ozney was actually projected to go earlier than he actually did.

Not saying it's right...just sayin'.

Moses_Scurry
06-11-2010, 09:31 AM
I personally feel the team would have a better chance with Ozzie staying and Kenny going if it has to be one or the other. The general manager has a bigger impact on the W/L column than the field manager in my opinion. It won't bother me if Ozzie goes too, though. I just want Kenny gone.

cws05champ
06-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Ooohhh, they almost came to blows. Meaning they had a heated argument....in other words, what they have been doing for the better part of a year. Made up story by Cowley, no doubt.

On a side note, I'm taking Kenny in a fist fight between the two. :cool:

Viva Medias B's
06-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Get rid of both of them. Clean the house the hell up. It's one thing if we're losing, but this soap opera on top of it I have no tolerance for. We saw what happened with a hockey team when its owner died and the owner's son inheriting the team cleaned house.

WhiffleBall
06-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Who was more responsible for the 05 season, kenny or Ozzie? With who do we have a better chance of getting back to the playoffs, Kenny or Ozzie? I vote Kenny for both. I like Ozzie but he is the one allowing the tweeting sideshow to continue. I'm sure he could put a stop to it really fast if he wanted to.

That said, I will repeat what has been said by many people including Jerry Reinsdorf; a nice winning streak would make all this better.

WhiteSoxFTW
06-11-2010, 09:56 AM
This is getting ridiculous. I don't care if Cowley is writing like a tabloid reporter. Something has been going on b/t KW and OG since SoxFest.

Ozzie's kid is a moron on Twitter. It got him fired from his job b/c JR gave him a choice...speak his mind on Twitter and lose his job, or do his job for the White Sox. He chose ****ing Twitter. This guy is a moron who has been relying on his father his whole life, and he quits his JOB so he can speak his mind on the internet. What an asshat!

Also, I think that the White Sox drafting KW, Jr. and Ozney Guillen is a complete conflict of interest. Let them make it on their own.

Rocky Soprano
06-11-2010, 09:58 AM
For what its worth, Oney has vowed to never tweet about the Sox again.
I can't wait for the day when we won't have to deal or hear about the Guillen family.

dickallen15
06-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Kenny kind of put himself in this position by drafting his own son rather early in the draft back in 2008. Ozney was actually projected to go earlier than he actually did.

Not saying it's right...just sayin'.

KW Jr. was drafted in the 34th round out of high school. If Ozney really was a top talent, other teams aren't going to let him slide to the 22nd round. If like Oney said, the Sox said they were going to take him so othe teams backed off, why didn't the Sox use the same tactic with Strasburg?

I would bet anything this latest blow up is all about Oney's tweets concerning KW Jr., not just ripping him but saying he is being forced to play by the front office.

If Ozzie wins this power struggle, and frankly I wouldn't mind seeing them both go, things are going to go even further south. He will have too much power. KW is his boss. The White Sox have provided him means to a sweet life. Its time he shows some respect and shuts his no talent, brainless middle son up.

DirtySox
06-11-2010, 10:12 AM
That being said, its not hard to believe. Both of them are hotheads; and if it almost came to blows because Ozney got drafted; who exactly is at fault? Kenny or Ozzie or both?

As others have said, the issue has to be Oney's public ripping of KW Jr. I'm sure Kenny was anything but okay with his son being trashed.

Even if they didn't come to blows, there are serious issues between the two. The comments by Kenny in his recent interview are very telling. Anyone that doesn't think one of Kenny or Ozzie is going to be in a different position by the end of the season is in denial.

Tragg
06-11-2010, 10:44 AM
KW Jr. was taken too high, and Oney tweeted about him a little bit. Cryptically, but he ripped into him and KW pretty hard.
And gave his son a 500K bonus if I recall.
That deserved scruitny.

This is why you don't draft family members for goodness sakes. Because you get into stuff like this. No family members. Period. Don't do it. No nepotism.

Scheuler should have been fired for drafting his daughter. Fired immediately. When he wasn't, that ratified the subsequent nonsense.

Hitmen77
06-11-2010, 10:46 AM
This organization is clown shoes from top to bottom.

+1. Ozzie arguing over how high his son was drafted? What a ****ing joke. This team is sinking like the Titanic and Ozzie's ego is wounded over when they drafted Ozney.

Can we please get a real manager in here who will actually worry about his team crashing and burning instead of his own ego trip.

(and I'm not saying Kenny is blameless either).

GoGoCrede
06-11-2010, 10:48 AM
+1. Ozzie arguing over how high his son was drafted? What a ****ing joke. This team is sinking like the Titanic and Ozzie's ego is wounded over when they drafted Ozney.

Can we please get a real manager in here who will actually worry about his team crashing and burning instead of his own ego trip.

This post pretty much speaks my thoughts.

Although I have to wonder how much of this is real and how much of this is, well, Cowley.

Hitmen77
06-11-2010, 10:51 AM
This post pretty much speaks my thoughts.

Although I have to wonder how much of this is real and how much of this is, well, Cowley.

I agree about the Cowley part. I think his quoting of Peavy is yet another example of him stirring up ****. But, this stuff about Ozzie and Kenny and the draft seems to be more than just a Cowley fabrication.

SoxGirl4Life
06-11-2010, 10:52 AM

Count me in on this camp too.

Just play freakin' baseball, for pete's sake!

Slappy
06-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Just the same old thing Ozzie and Kenny are known for. It's what makes them cute and keeps me watching. These two knuckleheads will figure it out and we'll have this team in high-gear and on an 8 game winning streak in no-time. Keep both - you'll see that everything always works out. This does make me wonder if there are some "clubhouse issues" though. :scratch: :redface:

ode to veeck
06-11-2010, 10:58 AM
Says everyone's favorite Cowley:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/2380948,CST-SPT-sox11.article

I refuse to read anything this dirtbag writes. He is worse than the Moron in that he ocassionally has a half wrong half a piece of real fact that makes his crap even more dangerous.

Frankfan4life
06-11-2010, 10:58 AM

Sorry, but I'll consider the source here. And based on that, I'll wait until a shakeup actually happens. My guess is, it won't. And frankly, I hope it doesn't. I'm as unhappy as anyone with the way this team has been performing, but I'm willing to cut Ozzie and KW a boatload of slack. They earned it in 2005.I also don't want to see this team dismantled but for another reason. I'm just sick and tired of losing. The 2007 and 2009 seasons were depressing enough and now this. I want the Sox to be competitive this year (somehow) and for years to come.

DirtySox
06-11-2010, 11:01 AM
But, this stuff about Ozzie and Kenny and the draft seems to be more than just a Cowley fabrication.

Yep. We have been hearing about the issues since spring training, and from places other than Cowley. The recent comments from KW and JR are very indicative that something is wrong. The notion that Kenny doesn't go on road trips anymore because of potential clashes with Ozzie is ridiculous.

Blow it up.

NLaloosh
06-11-2010, 11:07 AM
before i hated how he performed, i now hate him because of these "count me out" comments. Yeah get the hell out of here you and you're 5.90 era.

+ 1

WhiteSox5187
06-11-2010, 11:09 AM

I think Ozzie is upset that Ozney is drafted 22 while Kenny Williams Jr was drafted in the sixth round and given a nice signing bonus. That was a slap in the face to Ozzie by Kenny, even though from a scouting point of view it was probably right.

NLaloosh
06-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Ooohhh, they almost came to blows. Meaning they had a heated argument....in other words, what they have been doing for the better part of a year. Made up story by Cowley, no doubt.

On a side note, I'm taking Kenny in a fist fight between the two. :cool:

Bull****! If the owner has to tell the GM that he can't go on road trips or it will piss off the manager....guess what ? Big problems!

This organization is a joke right now.

Dan H
06-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Isn't it interesting that with the other team Reinsdorf owns, there was a similar situation where two management people nearly came to blows? Cowley is a messanger. He can't be blamed.

GoGoCrede
06-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Some Ozzie quotes, per Gonzales:

"All this stuff has been created by losing."

"I'm managing the team very bad. Look at where we are."

ozzie doesn't believe chairman has to get involved with KW-OG matters

Can KW and OG function? "I don't see why not," No. 13 says

Gzzie [sic] said he'd be surprised if KW left after this season.

"I want to stay in chicago - that's my goal."

"We're not the same guys we were in the past, but we do what we have to do."

"I never have a personal problem with anybody," but does admit to disagreements in spring training."

"The way we play right now, it seems like we hate each other."

Ozzie downplays rift with KW, did say they talked a few days ago.

Domeshot17
06-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Ozzie Guillen Brings ZERO to the White Sox anymore. He has lost his clubhouse, he is a terrible in game manager, his bosses hate him, his players seem to not respect him much, he plays favorites, and he is unable of putting the team first. Can't we fire him while there is still something in the season possible to salvage?

voodoochile
06-11-2010, 12:04 PM
And gave his son a 500K bonus if I recall.
That deserved scruitny.

This is why you don't draft family members for goodness sakes. Because you get into stuff like this. No family members. Period. Don't do it. No nepotism.

Scheuler should have been fired for drafting his daughter. Fired immediately. When he wasn't, that ratified the subsequent nonsense.

KW jr. was projected as a 9th round talent, IIRC so he went high, but was an actual guy you'd draft. The article makes it seem that it was a 50K bonus based on Ozzie's comments.

WhiffleBall
06-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Isn't it interesting that with the other team Reinsdorf owns, there was a similar situation where two management people nearly came to blows? Cowley is a messanger. He can't be blamed.

Seriously, what is up with JR's GM's & coaches battling?

TomBradley72
06-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Seriously, what is up with JR's GM's & coaches battling?

This is the 8th season of the OG/KW tandem....that's a VERY long shelf life for a GM/Manager tandem....probably the longest since LaRussa/Hemond from 1980-1985.

KW's mistakes with the major league roster (no legitimate 3rd baseman since Crede left) and a minor league system in shambles after a decade of his leadership are on his doorstep.

Ozzie letting this bull**** with Oney and Ozney or whatever their names are reeks of both incompetence as well as a lack of focus and professionalism. The players have to be rolling their eyes at the drama he's injecting into the clubhouse.

Iwritecode
06-11-2010, 12:41 PM
This is the 8th season of the OG/KW tandem....

7th actually.

Thome25
06-11-2010, 01:19 PM
It's the Paxson-Del Negro situation all over again. In both instances, they both need to go bye-bye.

Tragg
06-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Ozzie letting this bull**** with Oney and Ozney or whatever their names are reeks of both incompetence as well as a lack of focus and professionalism. The players have to be rolling their eyes at the drama he's injecting into the clubhouse.
You have oZZie
Then you have oNey

Then you have the combo: oZNey

Tragg
06-11-2010, 01:25 PM
KW jr. was projected as a 9th round talent, IIRC so he went high, but was an actual guy you'd draft. The article makes it seem that it was a 50K bonus based on Ozzie's comments.

I read the comment to mean that Ozney will get 50K for being drafted in that spot - and Ozzie will just pay that to Ozney out of his pocket and let him go to school, it's such a pittance.

Yes, the daughter was totally illegitimate, but nonetheless allowed.....therefore, based on how Scheuler was treated, drafting Williams Jr 4 rounds too early should be no problem. And so now Guillen's asking why he isn't getting the same nepotism preferences.

spiffie
06-11-2010, 01:32 PM
One sweep of the Scrubs and all this nonsense goes back under the carpet where it belongs.

WhiteSox5187
06-11-2010, 01:37 PM
One sweep of the Scrubs and all this nonsense goes back under the carpet where it belongs.

If the Sox, and this is a HUGE if, but if the Sox can turn it around, then yea, all of a sudden this team will become much more lovey dovey.

Hitmen77
06-11-2010, 03:54 PM
I think Ozzie is upset that Ozney is drafted 22 while Kenny Williams Jr was drafted in the sixth round and given a nice signing bonus. That was a slap in the face to Ozzie by Kenny, even though from a scouting point of view it was probably right.

The Sox owe Ozney and Ozzie nothing in terms of the draft. Just because we went through the same bull**** with KW Jr. has nothing to do with it.

The fact that Ozzie is even thinking "you got yours with KW Jr, now where's mine?" speaks volumes with how Ozzie is thinking about the Guillens more than he's thinking about his team spiraling into an abyss. An ego like that isn't going to right our ship through this current **** storm.

DickAllen72
06-11-2010, 06:16 PM
KW Jr. was drafted in the 34th round out of high school. So Ozney was drafted much higher than Kenny's kid coming out of HS.

And if Ozney was so good, another team would have drafted him before the Sox. Ozzie and family are just wrong being offended about this.

DickAllen72
06-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Ozzie Guillen Brings ZERO to the White Sox anymore. He has lost his clubhouse, he is a terrible in game manager, his bosses hate him, his players seem to not respect him much, he plays favorites, and he is unable of putting the team first. Can't we fire him while there is still something in the season possible to salvage?
This.

DickAllen72
06-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Bull****! If the owner has to tell the GM that he can't go on road trips or it will piss off the manager....guess what ? Big problems!

This organization is a joke right now.
If this is true, then JR is the problem.

Brian26
06-11-2010, 07:14 PM
I don't comprehend in any way how Kenny comes out on the losing end of this. Hopefully Reinsdorf makes the correct decision.

GoGoCrede
06-11-2010, 07:27 PM
I don't comprehend in any way how Kenny comes out on the losing end of this. Hopefully Reinsdorf makes the correct decision.

I just want to know when changes will be made. I'm tired of waiting.

PhillipsBubba
06-11-2010, 07:50 PM
KW is management and Ozzie is the hired help.

If anyone goes, it must be Ozzie. He's performed great service for the franchise, but his lack of respect for KW is intolerable.

I wonder of JR has the sack to fire him?

TomBradley72
06-11-2010, 09:48 PM
For everyone shooting the messenger, Cowley, on this...several players have collaborated his story.

RadioheadRocks
06-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. :D:

WhiteSox5187
06-11-2010, 10:26 PM

If Kenny is fired, which I don't think he will be, it should be because in three of the past four seasons he's built incredibly lousy teams. And if you go back to before 2005 his track record isn't very good either.

sox1970
06-11-2010, 10:38 PM
For everyone shooting the messenger, Cowley, on this...several players have collaborated his story.

Did they corroborate it too? :cool:

wassagstdu
06-12-2010, 07:08 AM
This all has to do with Ozney or whoever not being drafted higher, and the problem isn't that Ozney wasn't drafted higher necessarily, the REAL problem is that last year Kenny's son went in the sixth round in what was one of the worst picks of the decade. So Kenny will take his own son at a point when there are still some viable players on the board and won't take Ozzie's until the 22nd (they both have the same talent level) is what irritates Ozzie. Had Kenny's son been taken in the 22nd round, I don't think this would be a problem.

... They should both go.

Exactly right, but I disagree with the final conclusion. Even though it is locking the barn after the horse is gone, Reinsdorf should decree that from now on no relatives of high Sox management personnel will be drafted and any now in the organization will be released. Whoever can't accept that can go. If KW is really ordering playing time for his son, that is just totally unacceptable.

SI1020
06-13-2010, 12:34 PM

Sorry, but I'll consider the source here. And based on that, I'll wait until a shakeup actually happens. My guess is, it won't. And frankly, I hope it doesn't. I'm as unhappy as anyone with the way this team has been performing, but I'm willing to cut Ozzie and KW a boatload of slack. They earned it in 2005. No offense to you but I strongly disagree with that.

balke
06-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Exactly right, but I disagree with the final conclusion. Even though it is locking the barn after the horse is gone, Reinsdorf should decree that from now on no relatives of high Sox management personnel will be drafted and any now in the organization will be released. Whoever can't accept that can go. If KW is really ordering playing time for his son, that is just totally unacceptable.

Hehe. Tell that to Mike Piazza.

DirtySox
06-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Heyman says that Kenny wants to fire Ozzie, but JR isn't going to let that happen.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jon_heyman/06/14/oswalt.lee/1.html

Rocky Soprano
06-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Heyman says that Kenny wants to fire Ozzie, but JR isn't going to let that happen.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jon_heyman/06/14/oswalt.lee/1.html

Heyman doesn't even know that it was Oney and not Ozzie Jr that quit his job due to Twitter so I wouldn't put much stock into his article.

Iwritecode
06-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Heyman doesn't even know that it was Oney and not Ozzie Jr that quit his job due to Twitter so I wouldn't put much stock into his article.

He also doesn't seem to realize that Steve Stone is paid to pay attention to other teams besides the White Sox.

DirtySox
06-14-2010, 03:21 PM

Confusing the sons aside, the message that Ozzie seems to have more clout with JR than Kenny is becoming a common theme.

34 Inch Stick
06-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Is money or draft position an issue. If it is money, why not tell Ozzie at the time of drafting that they will pay his sone like a 10th round pick even though they drafted him 22nd. That couldn't be much more than 50,000 which would already have been sufficiently covered by the damage to the organization. Even further, it would have strengthened the relationship between KW and Ozzie.

DickAllen72
06-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Confusing the sons aside, the message that Ozzie seems to have more clout with JR than Kenny is becoming a common theme.
JR is the real problem, it seems. If the GM can't fire the manager it undermines his authority and he can lose the respect of the manager and the coaching staff. And not allowing the GM to travel with the team so as not to upset Ozzie is asinine.

A couple of years ago when Ozzie made that comment about changes maybe needing to be made, "..it could be the players, it could be me, it could be Greg Walker...", Walker went crying directly to JR bypassing the chain of command thus undermining both Ozzie's and Kenny's authority.

JR allowing things like this to happen out of some misguided sense of loyalty is the main cause of the disarray this organization is in.

DirtySox
06-14-2010, 05:23 PM
JR is the real problem, it seems. If the GM can't fire the manager it undermines his authority and he can lose the respect of the manager and the coaching staff. And not allowing the GM to travel with the team so as not to upset Ozzie is asinine.

I'm afraid that nothing is going to change even if Hahn steps in for Kenny. Ozzie will still have the considerable power that he shouldn't, and many people seem to think/report that Ozzie isn't a big fan of Rick either.

I am not fond of the circus that has descended upon the south side at all.

WhiteSox5187
06-14-2010, 05:32 PM

A couple of years ago when Ozzie made that comment about changes maybe needing to be made, "..it could be the players, it could be me, it could be Greg Walker...", Walker went crying directly to JR bypassing the chain of command thus undermining both Ozzie's and Kenny's authority.

JR allowing things like this to happen out of some misguided sense of loyalty is the main cause of the disarray this organization is in.

Where did you hear that?

Also, for the first part, it could be that JR has lost faith in Kenny. Kenny's best years have been with Ozzie at the helm and prior to that mediocrity was the standard for Kenny's teams.

VMSNS
06-14-2010, 05:57 PM
If KW can't fire Ozzie, then what is he supposed to do? Make life miserable for Ozzie hoping that he'll quit eventually?

soxfanreggie
06-14-2010, 06:02 PM

I disagree with this statement. For example, we could have the #1 overall pick in the draft and the consensus pick is the child of someone in the organization. Say Mr. Strasburg worked for the Sox in high-level management, would you have advocated not taking his son?

I agree with you that he shouldn't be advocating time for his son (if that is true). However, to do what you're advocating could hurt us at some point in the future.

DickAllen72
06-14-2010, 06:05 PM
Where did you hear that?

It was reported in numerous places at the time. Here's just one: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3425446

MarySwiss
06-14-2010, 06:07 PM

No offense to you but I strongly disagree with that.

Fair enough, but what part and why?

russ99
06-14-2010, 06:13 PM
If KW can't fire Ozzie, then what is he supposed to do? Make life miserable for Ozzie hoping that he'll quit eventually?

Worry about his own freaking job, and stop flipping out over every minor issue.

These guys are whining like a bunch of 6 year olds. Man up and find a way to work together.

If Kenny did stick his neck out like this to the Chairman, he should watch out or he might be the one to get the axe.

soltrain21
06-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Worry about his own freaking job, and stop flipping out over every minor issue.

These guys are whining like a bunch of 6 year olds. Man up and find a way to work together.

If Kenny did stick his neck out like this to the Chairman, he should watch out or he might be the one to get the axe.

His "own freaking job" involves figuring out if the manager is getting the job done or not...?

KW is Ozzie's boss - not the other way around.

cws05champ
06-14-2010, 06:27 PM
jr is the real problem, it seems. If the gm can't fire the manager it undermines his authority and he can lose the respect of the manager and the coaching staff. And not allowing the gm to travel with the team so as not to upset ozzie is asinine.

A couple of years ago when ozzie made that comment about changes maybe needing to be made, "..it could be the players, it could be me, it could be greg walker...", walker went crying directly to jr bypassing the chain of command thus undermining both ozzie's and kenny's authority.

Jr allowing things like this to happen out of some misguided sense of loyalty is the main cause of the disarray this organization is in.

+1

Domeshot17
06-14-2010, 06:28 PM
His "own freaking job" involves figuring out if the manager is getting the job done or not...?

Ozzie thinks he runs the show, that is the entire problem. How many other managers get involved like Ozzie did this offseason in their 25 man roster decisions. I firmly believe this is half the reason we have been so bad since we won the title. Ozzie and Kenny have not once been on the same page. Ozzie plays guys out of position, makes assanine lineups, tries to eliminate the DH in the lineup, and coach an NL team in the AL. It would probably be be better for all of us if Ozzie just went to the NL and Kenny got a manager who was more of a team first guy.

WhiteSox5187
06-14-2010, 06:33 PM

That is part of his job, but it's not like Kenny has done a great job assembling the team built around "pitching, speed and defense." Teahen at third? Moving a kid in his second year to learn a new position in as many years? Quentin in RF? Kenny's job is very much in jeopardy too and would love to pin responsibility for this season on Ozzie but at the end of the day Kenny's job is still to assemble the best team, if he ceded that job to Ozzie, what the hell is the point in keeping Kenny?

Craig Grebeck
06-14-2010, 07:21 PM
That is part of his job, but it's not like Kenny has done a great job assembling the team built around "pitching, speed and defense." Teahen at third? Moving a kid in his second year to learn a new position in as many years? Quentin in RF? Kenny's job is very much in jeopardy too and would love to pin responsibility for this season on Ozzie but at the end of the day Kenny's job is still to assemble the best team, if he ceded that job to Ozzie, what the hell is the point in keeping Kenny?
Which is why they both need to go. If I had to pick between the two though, I'd keep the guy who isn't always embarrassing the organization.

soltrain21
06-14-2010, 07:41 PM

I think they both need to go, but acting like keeping Ozzie in check and making sure he is doing his job isn't part of KW's job like Russ implies is flat out wrong.

WhiteSox5187
06-14-2010, 08:00 PM
Which is why they both need to go. If I had to pick between the two though, I'd keep the guy who isn't always embarrassing the organization.

I'd take the guy who wins. I think that Ozzie contributes more to a winning Sox team than Kenny does, though obviously they both contribute.

DirtySox
06-14-2010, 08:05 PM
I'd take the guy who wins. I think that Ozzie contributes more to a winning Sox team than Kenny does, though obviously they both contribute.

Funny, I think when the team wins it is despite Ozzie.

WhiteSox5187
06-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Funny, I think when the team wins it is despite Ozzie.

Really? We'll just have to agree to disagree then, because I think Ozzie is a big factor in the Sox success. I don't think many other managers get the Sox to the playoffs in 2008, I don't think many other managers manage to keep a team that was built like last year's in contention until September.

Now, I don't think that Ozzie is the best guy out there, but he is a very good manager. And probably the best we've had certainly since Toroborg, maybe even since LaRussa.

DirtySox
06-14-2010, 08:23 PM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/383508590/2879639_normal.jpg (http://twitter.com/cst_sox) cst_sox (http://twitter.com/cst_sox)
Here's some interesting news: seems like Ken Williams is ready to play nice with Oz and is going on the road trip to Pitt and D.C.

http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/383508590/2879639_normal.jpg (http://twitter.com/cst_sox) cst_sox (http://twitter.com/cst_sox)
It will be Williams' first road trip of the year. 4 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/cst_sox/status/16190617351) via API (http://apiwiki.twitter.com/)

GoGoCrede
06-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Here's some interesting news: seems like Ken Williams is ready to play nice with Oz and is going on the road trip to Pitt and D.C.

It will be Williams' first road trip of the year. 4 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/cst_sox/status/16190617351) via API (http://apiwiki.twitter.com/)

So neither of them is going to take a hike this season, then?

DirtySox
06-14-2010, 08:46 PM
So neither of them is going to take a hike this season, then?

I'm looking at it as a possibility for more drama.

Craig Grebeck
06-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Really? We'll just have to agree to disagree then, because I think Ozzie is a big factor in the Sox success. I don't think many other managers get the Sox to the playoffs in 2008, I don't think many other managers manage to keep a team that was built like last year's in contention until September.

Now, I don't think that Ozzie is the best guy out there, but he is a very good manager. And probably the best we've had certainly since Toroborg, maybe even since LaRussa.
Let's not give the guy too much credit for a below average AL Central in 2009. The team went ****ing 11-17 in August for ****'s sake.

Tragg
06-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Really? We'll just have to agree to disagree then, because I think Ozzie is a big factor in the Sox success. I don't think many other managers get the Sox to the playoffs in 2008, I don't think many other managers manage to keep a team that was built like last year's in contention until September. .
Carlos Quentin got the Sox into the playoffs in 2008. Come to think of it, Ozzie had Jerry Owens as his leadoff hitter and centerfielder, and had Quentin penciled in for AAA.
The Sox were saved from Guillen's horrendous talent evaluation only by Owens' injury and Quentin hitting IMMEDIATELY upon being put into the lineup. (because he would have been quickly yanked had he not).

Frontman
06-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Anyone else entertaining the idea this whole "Kenny/Ozzie hate each other thing" is a work? That its made out to be more than it really is; just to insure folks tune in a few weeks to the MLB Network show?

GoGoCrede
06-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Anyone else entertaining the idea this whole "Kenny/Ozzie hate each other thing" is a work? That its made out to be more than it really is; just to insure folks tune in a few weeks to the MLB Network show?

No, it makes the organization look stupid and chaotic. I doubt that's the image they wanted to project for the show, which seems to be all about the desire to win, according to previews. It's meant to spin the organization in a positive way.

WhiteSox5187
06-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Carlos Quentin got the Sox into the playoffs in 2008. Come to think of it, Ozzie had Jerry Owens as his leadoff hitter and centerfielder, and had Quentin penciled in for AAA.
The Sox were saved from Guillen's horrendous talent evaluation only by Owens' injury and Quentin hitting IMMEDIATELY upon being put into the lineup. (because he would have been quickly yanked had he not).

When Kenny acquired Swisher he said "We have our center fielder for the for seeable future." He also touted Owens as being their leadoff hitter for years to come so don't pin all this "Owens as a leadoff hitter" **** on Ozzie. Kenny was a proponent of it too. Ozzie was also the guy who put Quentin in the lineup every day too and kept him there even after Owens was healthy. If Ozzie loved Owens as much as some people say, why did Owens only get 28 ABs in '08 and '09? I do not understand why people are blaming Ozzie for something that didn't actually happen.

Hitmen77
06-16-2010, 08:51 AM

Good Lord, I hope not. That would be really pathetic for the KW and OG to trump up some phony feud to boost ratings of their reality show.:o:

Lillian
06-16-2010, 11:55 AM

You might like to read the following comments which I posted in another thread:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=120942&page=3

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=120942&page=4

Like you, I'm very suspicious.

Frontman
06-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Good Lord, I hope not. That would be really pathetic for the KW and OG to trump up some phony feud to boost ratings of their reality show.:o:

Throw JR in there; because its really pathetic to say if Kenny had his way, he'd fire Ozzie. That's where I started thinking this is getting out of hand for dramatic purposes.

guillensdisciple
06-16-2010, 02:52 PM

That would be the dumbest thing this organization has ever done.

soltrain21
06-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Throw JR in there; because its really pathetic to say if Kenny had his way, he'd fire Ozzie. That's where I started thinking this is getting out of hand for dramatic purposes.

I'd lose all respect for the organization if that were the case. I highly doubt it.

Frontman
06-16-2010, 03:35 PM
I'd lose all respect for the organization if that were the case. I highly doubt it.

http://greybon.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/deepthroat.jpg

"Trust no one, Agent Mulder."