PDA

View Full Version : Peavy

Crede24Thome25
06-10-2010, 07:41 PM
This guy is really starting to bug the hell out of me.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=MLB&id=3412&line=293095&spln=1

Noneck
06-10-2010, 07:45 PM
If the Sox choose to rebuild, Peavy is one of the reasons why they have to. He should really learn to zip his trap.

Crede24Thome25
06-10-2010, 07:47 PM
If the Sox choose to rebuild, Peavy is one of the reasons why they have to. He should really learn to zip his trap.
Thats what I'm saying if he'd pitch well once in awhile, we'd be in a better position then we are now.

GoGoCrede
06-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Eh, at least he's honest. I don't want to watch the team go through rebuilding years, either.

DickAllen72
06-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Yep.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 09:23 PM

Thats what I'm saying if he'd pitch well once in awhile, we'd be in a better position then we are now.

If Peavy were pitching like Cy Young right now, it would mean maybe five more wins for this team. I love it how people blame him for everything, when nearly everybody else on the team sucks, too.

DumpJerry
06-10-2010, 09:26 PM
:rolleyes:
He wants to win. Something wrong with that?

How about the losses he had this year because our so-called hitters swung at pitches like they were blind dogs?

TDog
06-10-2010, 09:29 PM
If Peavy were pitching like Cy Young right now, it would mean maybe five more wins for this team. I love it how people blame him for everything, when nearly everybody else on the team sucks, too.

It would put the White Sox over .500. The Tigers are in second barely over .500.

If Peavy and Buehrle were pitching as many expected they would, it would mean 10 more wins for this White Sox team.

How far out of first place are the White Sox?

GoGoCrede
06-10-2010, 09:30 PM

How about the losses he had this year because our so-called hitters swung at pitches like they were blind dogs?

Thank you! I can't fault him for wanting to win.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 09:37 PM
It would put the White Sox over .500. The Tigers are in second barely over .500.

If Peavy and Buehrle were pitching as many expected they would, it would mean 10 more wins for this White Sox team.

If AJ was hitting over .220, if Quentin was hitting over .210, if Beckham was hitting over .201, if Andruw Jones was hitting over .216, If Kotsay was hitting over .210, If Randy Williams, Scott Linebrink, and Bobby Jenks didn't have an ERA of over 5.00, if Gavin Floyd didn't have an ERA over 6.00...etc, etc...

At least you found your one scapegoat. :rolleyes:

Noneck
06-10-2010, 09:43 PM

He has to contribute to the cause 1st, then he can talk.

gosox41
06-10-2010, 09:44 PM
This guy is really starting to bug the hell out of me.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=MLB&id=3412&line=293095&spln=1

I've got no problem wiht any of this. He wants to win but so far has been a big reason we haven't. I'd be more then happy to dump his large salary if he can't pitch like a #2 start at minimum. He's making too much money to be this bad, even on a first place team. The fact that he is a big salary and bad is a perfectly good reason to trade him, even if it means getting little in return.

Is there any reason to think he will return to form? Someone give me some hope. How about starting his next start.

If Buehrle, Floyd, and JP get jot, this team could be right back in it. But Floyd looks to be pitching scared again, Buehrle has been awful for almost a full season---look at his record since July 22, 2009, the perfect game. Peavy has been worse then Buehrle IMHO.

As far as I'm concerned they all can be traded and the Sox could have $30MM plus to spend and have can call up Carlos Torres and Dan Hudson if they want to have pitchers who can be just as bad (and probably better) as these three guys have been but for a fraction of the cost.

Again, unless someone wants to give me a reason to think these guys can get good and pitch well. We can't even win 3 games in a row beacuse can count on one of these guys pitching 2 2/3 innings giving up 7 runs and wearing out the bullpen whenever something does start to look up for this team.

Or think it it another way. Should #1 to #2 type starts like a Buehrle or Peavy have pitched this bad for 35% of the season. One thing that seperates the great pitchers from the average one's is the ability to not have extended slumps.

Bob

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Contribute to the cause 1st, then talk.

He had been hyped to the nth degree since he was acquired, and every member of the Chicago media wanted a quote from him in the offseason. If you want to blame him and him alone for playing poorly, that's fine. But I'll be damned if I agree with it.

Crede24Thome25
06-10-2010, 09:47 PM
You can if he's one of the reasons were not winning.

Noneck
06-10-2010, 09:49 PM
He had been hyped to the nth degree since he was acquired, and every member of the Chicago media wanted a quote from him in the offseason. If you want to blame him and him alone for playing poorly, that's fine. But I'll be damned if I agree with it.

If you read my original post, I said "one of the reasons" not the sole reason.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 09:49 PM

There's a difference between "One of the reasons" and "The reason". Jake Peavy pitching better does not magically make this team a contender. Period.

fox23
06-10-2010, 09:50 PM

Sigh...no it wouldn't. Please show me any way that you can back up that statement.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 09:50 PM
If you read my original post, I said "one of the reasons" not the sole reason.

I thought this thread was titled "Peavy", not "The whole team". If he doesn't want to stick around for a rebuilding effort, that's his prerogative.

GoGoCrede
06-10-2010, 09:51 PM

You've said it. He's "one" of the reasons, not the whole reason. Others on the team are doing badly, but none of them seem to be getting this kind of hate from the fans.

Crede24Thome25
06-10-2010, 09:53 PM
And those five or so wins would come in real handy right now. This team won't be scoring 6+ runs every time he pitches, which they will need. Were not putting all the blame on him, just wondering how he could make remarks like that when he has a big hand in our comical season.

Crede24Thome25
06-10-2010, 09:54 PM
You've said it. He's "one" of the reasons, not the whole reason. Others on the team are doing badly, but none of them seem to be getting this kind of hate from the fans.
Yeah because no one else is running to the media to comment on everything.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 09:54 PM
And those five or so wins would come in real handy right now. This team won't be scoring 6+ runs every time he pitches, which they will need. Were not putting all the blame on him, just wondering how he could make remarks like that when he has a big hand in our comical season.

The fact that he is doing poorly doesn't disqualify him from not wanting to play for a rebuilding team. It's why he left San Diego. I imagine that if playing for a rebuilding team didn't matter to him, he'd still be there.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 09:55 PM

The media has been running to him since he got here.

Crede24Thome25
06-10-2010, 09:56 PM
The media has been running to him since he got here.
So does that mean he has to comment everytime?

GoGoCrede
06-10-2010, 09:57 PM

Cowley asked him the question. It's not like he's holding press conferences to bad-mouth the organization. Frankly, I'm glad someone on this team isn't afraid to speak up and acknowledge that he wants to play for a winner. It's what we all want on here. It seems like others on the team have already rolled over and accepted defeat. His season has been disappointing, but he's giving it his all.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 09:59 PM
So does that mean he has to comment everytime?

So he's not a "robo-athlete" with the same tired, safe, cliche answers. In the past, people have bitched about Buehrle, Konerko and Dye not being "vocal leaders". There's finally someone in the locker room that's that type of player and people "wish he would keep his mouth shut". It's ****ing hypocritical.

Slappy
06-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Bah, good riddance. That's certainly within the realm of fairness to ask to be traded, and though it pains me to say it, I wouldn't be sad to see him go.

Maybe it's time he just went and made an album with Cowboy Joe West, hung up his cleats and put on the spurs. Either his arm is dead or he can't hack it in the AL.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Bah, good riddance. That's certainly within the realm of fairness to ask to be traded, and though it pains me to say it, I wouldn't be sad to see him go.

Maybe it's time he just went and made an album with Cowboy Joe West, hung up his cleats and put on the spurs. Either his arm is dead or he can't hack it in the AL.

Epic :rolleyes: :whiner:

GoGoCrede
06-10-2010, 10:02 PM

He hasn't even pitched a whole season for us and already people want to see him gone? I'm not ready to give up on him at all.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 10:04 PM
He hasn't even pitched a whole season for us and already people want to see him gone? I'm not ready to give up on him at all.

Right? Good thing we dumped that Alex Rios before he stole another cent from us. God, did he ever suck.

Noneck
06-10-2010, 10:05 PM
I thought this thread was titled "Peavy", not "The whole team". If he doesn't want to stick around for a rebuilding effort, that's his prerogative.

Where does he want to go? To a winning team where he rides the coat tails?

He is a cause of the situation he is in, time for him to put up his contribution, then he can talk. If not, he should live with his situation.

Crede24Thome25
I really don't want to see him go, I just wish he'd shut up and worry about improving his pitching.

Crede24Thome25

He is a cause of the situation he is in, time for him to put up his contribution, then he can talk. If not, he should live with his situation.
Couldn't have said it better.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 10:06 PM

That's laughable.

Frater Perdurabo
06-10-2010, 10:06 PM
If there are no health, fatigue, mechanical or "tipping pitches" reasons to explain why Peavy and Buehrle have struggled so much this year, then it is completely reasonable to assume that both will "progress to the mean" of their career averages.

Buehrle and Peavy pitching at their career average levels for the remainder of this season would improve the Sox record significantly by the end of the season.

GoGoCrede
06-10-2010, 10:08 PM
I really don't want to see him go, I just wish he'd shut up and worry about improving his pitching.

We're in agreement that we want him to stay. But frankly, I like his attitude. He's telling it like it is, and it's refreshing to have someone like that. It's just the pitching that's let him down, and I've been wondering for a while now if he's injured or if he needs to adjust to the AL.

Crede24Thome25
06-10-2010, 10:09 PM
That's laughable.
And why is that? If we have to live with him giving up 6+ almost every start so should he. You can't blame any other player but him when he does give up that many runs. Yeah we'll come back once in a while, but he can't ride the wave forever.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 10:12 PM
And why is that? If we have to live with him giving up 6+ almost every start so should he. You can't blame any other player but him when he does give up that many runs. Yeah we'll come back once in a while, but he can't ride the wave forever.

So you think that AJ should stick around and "live with his situation", too? Or do you think he's earned the right to compete for a title elsewhere?

Noneck
06-10-2010, 10:15 PM
That's laughable.

Yea it really is laughable. Bitching about living in a situation where you get 45M no matter what you do. Life is tough.

GoGoCrede
06-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Yea it really is laughable. Bitching about living in a situation where you get 45M no matter what you do. Life is tough.

No matter what we do or make, we've all got goals in our careers. I don't see how Peavy can be faulted for wanting to reach the absolute pinnacle that's possible in his career.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 10:19 PM

Acting like the fact that he's well paid disqualifies him from wanting to play for a contender is. I guess only people who make under $10m a year are allowed to be unhappy with underachieving teams.

Noneck
06-10-2010, 10:19 PM
So you think that AJ should stick around and "live with his situation", too? Or do you think he's earned the right to compete for a title elsewhere?

If AJ signs a contract he should live with it. Peavy dropped his no trade clause to come to the Sox, he has a contract and should live with it.

Slappy
06-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Right? Good thing we dumped that Alex Rios before he stole another cent from us. God, did he ever suck.

Yeah, Alex Rios sucked for 41 games last season on the Sox. Now we just have to wait until Peavy sucks for what, 35 more, before we can start bitching about his lack of production and big mouth.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 10:22 PM
If AJ signs a contract he should live with it. Peavy dropped his no trade clause to come to the Sox, he has a contract and should live with it.

Give me a break. He dropped his NTC because he wanted to play for a contender. If KW starts a rebuilding effort here, how is that any different? I don't remember anyone bitching about how Peavy should have to live with his situation when he was traded here. But that's because you wanted him then. Now, it's different, and so is your stance.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 10:23 PM

Great job missing the point entirely. :thumbsup:

Coops4Aces
06-10-2010, 10:29 PM
If Peavy's ERA was anywhere near his career average (3.40) then this team would be AT LEAST 500 and I wouldn't hate this team nearly as much as I do.

Obviously if Burls, Floyd, Quentin, Beckham etc etc were playing well, we'd be better too but those guys said what Peavy said.

TDog
06-10-2010, 10:32 PM
If AJ was hitting over .220, if Quentin was hitting over .210, if Beckham was hitting over .201, if Andruw Jones was hitting over .216, If Kotsay was hitting over .210, If Randy Williams, Scott Linebrink, and Bobby Jenks didn't have an ERA of over 5.00, if Gavin Floyd didn't have an ERA over 6.00...etc, etc...

It doesn't matter what Jenks' ERA is. He has only blown one save, and he has been scoreless in nine of his last 10 games. Despite his ERA, he has fewer blown saves than either Jon Rauch or Andrew Bailey. Despite his ERA, I believe he has as many scoreless outings in as many games as Andrew Bailey, who has a much lower ERA. Pick your own scapegoats.

I'm not speaking in abstract averages. Go back and look at the games the White Sox lost and how they lost them. If you can change the performances of two players, changing the performances of Buehrle and Peavy puts this White Sox team in first place, even with other players having the miserable seasons that they are.

Noneck
06-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Give me a break. He dropped his NTC because he wanted to play for a contender. If KW starts a rebuilding effort here, how is that any different? I don't remember anyone bitching about how Peavy should have to live with his situation when he was traded here. But that's because you wanted him then. Now, it's different, and so is your stance.

If the Sox choose to trade him, do to salary issues (as San Diego did) and since Peavy still has his no trade clause, he will get his wish.(if of course at that time he is actually trade-able because he really isnt now)

Until that time, its time for him to do his job and stop chirping.

GoGoCrede
06-10-2010, 10:35 PM
If the Sox choose to trade him, do to salary issues (as San Diego did) and since Peavy still has his no trade clause, he will get his wish.(if of course at that time he is actually trade-able because he really isnt now)

I think it's silly to trade him now. He hasn't played a full season yet, and this just might be a fluke. It just seems like a knee-jerk reaction to dump him.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 10:35 PM
If Peavy's ERA was anywhere near his career average (3.40) then this team would be AT LEAST 500 and I wouldn't hate this team nearly as much as I do.

Obviously if Burls, Floyd, Quentin, Beckham etc etc were playing well, we'd be better too but those guys said what Peavy said.

Peavy has started 12 games so far this season. In seven of those games, the Sox lost. In two of those games, the team scored more than three runs. The other five have the Sox scoring three or less runs.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 10:40 PM

This whole thread is about him saying that he doesn't want to stick around for a rebuilding effort. That's "chirping" to you? Maybe you ought to lighten up and stop villainizing the guy for wanting a WS ring.

Slappy
06-10-2010, 10:43 PM
I think it's mostly about Peavy having a big mouth, complaining, and then throwing the baseball like crap. It's annoying, kind of like how you wont drop this...

Noneck
06-10-2010, 10:45 PM
I think it's silly to trade him now. He hasn't played a full season yet, and this just might be a fluke. It just seems like a knee-jerk reaction to dump him.

I am not a proponent of selling low. I never said I would want him traded now. Im saying he shouldn't spout off until he produces and that he is a cause of the situation he is in.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 10:47 PM
I think it's mostly about Peavy having a big mouth, complaining, and then throwing the baseball like crap. It's annoying, kind of like how you wont drop this...

It's a baseball forum, and it's a baseball discussion. If you don't want to read it, don't click on the thread. Easy solution. Don't give me **** because I don't agree with people ****ting all over one player because the entire team sucks, and want to defend my position.

GoGoCrede
06-10-2010, 10:48 PM

Me? Hey, as long as you keep replying, I will, too. :smile:

I am not a proponent of selling low. I never said I would want him traded now. Im saying he shouldn't spout off until he produces and that he is a cause of the situation he is in.

I know you didn't say that, but a lot of people (some on here) want to see him gone because of this season, but it's just not practical, and it annoys me when people call him a "bust" or whatever.

SI1020
06-10-2010, 10:50 PM

He is a cause of the situation he is in, time for him to put up his contribution, then he can talk. If not, he should live with his situation. I agree.

mantis1212
06-10-2010, 10:51 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0611-white-sox-tigers-detroit-20100610,0,4074382.story

People, please read the full context of the quotes from Peavy. Yet another setup question really- nothing to see here.

Noneck
06-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Maybe you ought to lighten up and stop villainizing the guy for wanting a WS ring.
Everyone wants that but if you are pitching like crap, I don't see how demanding a trade in the future is the right thing to do, considering you haven't carried your weight.

Slappy
06-10-2010, 10:58 PM
It's a baseball forum, and it's a baseball discussion. If you don't want to read it, don't click on the thread. Easy solution. Don't give me **** because I don't agree with people ****ting all over one player because the entire team sucks, and want to defend my position.

Well then I really think it's you that needs to lighten up and take your own advice. We're all just expressing our opinions here. No reason to get bent out of shape. If you're going to harangue a guy for airing his frustrations with Peavy, then expect the same back.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Everyone wants that but if you are pitching like crap, I don't see how demanding a trade in the future is the right thing to do, considering you haven't carried your weight.

You're acting like he's been pitching like crap for years. He's struggling, just like a lot of guys on this team are. He has a right to request a trade (he never said anything about demanding anything) if he feels like the team he plays for isn't committed to winning a World Series.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Well then I really think it's you that needs to lighten up and take your own advice. We're all just expressing our opinions here. No reason to get bent out of shape. If you're going to harangue a guy for airing his frustrations with Peavy, then expect the same back.

I think that calling out one guy and suggesting that he "zip his trap", goes beyond airing frustrations and enters attack territory.

Noneck
06-10-2010, 11:01 PM
You're acting like he's been pitching like crap for years. He's struggling, just like a lot of guys on this team are. He has a right to request a trade (he never said anything about demanding anything) if he feels like the team he plays for isn't committed to winning a World Series.

I really hope he is just struggling and is the type of guy that talks before he thinks.

Slappy
06-10-2010, 11:03 PM
"Zip your trap" is a real zinger and should be reserved for only the most heated discussions, I know. But please, forgive him/us.

Crede24Thome25
06-10-2010, 11:04 PM
If he's considered valuable to another team good bye. I can live with A.J gone.

Noneck
06-10-2010, 11:04 PM
I think that calling out one guy and suggesting that he "zip his trap", goes beyond airing frustrations and enters attack territory.

Come on, I never attack players. It is just a term that he should hush up.

Crede24Thome25
06-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Thank You.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 11:07 PM
"Zip your trap" is a real zinger and should be reserved for only the most heated discussions, I know. But please, forgive him/us.

And I'm sure it was completely necessary. How dare that jerkoff want to play for a contending team! For God's sake, this is all over him saying he'd request a trade if the Sox went into fire sale mode! Countless other players in the league would say/do the exact same thing. How is that worthy of a "He should really learn to zip his trap"???

Daver
06-10-2010, 11:09 PM
If he's considered valuable to another team good bye. I can live with A.J gone.

They better get a catcher back in return.

Crede24Thome25
06-10-2010, 11:13 PM
And I'm sure it was completely necessary. How dare that jerkoff want to play for a contending team! For God's sake, this is all over him saying he'd request a trade if the Sox went into fire sale mode! Countless other players in the league would say/do the exact same thing. How is that worthy of a "He should really learn to zip his trap"???
That jerk off would be playing for a contending team if he stepped it up a notch.

doublem23
06-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Can we trade him to the ****ing Royals? That's were all our **** ends up, anyways.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 11:16 PM
That jerk off would be playing for a contending team if he stepped it up a notch.

Peavy has started 12 games so far this season. In seven of those games, the Sox lost. In two of those games, the team scored more than three runs. The other five have the Sox scoring three or less runs.

Two more wins makes us a contender?

Crede24Thome25
06-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Can we trade him to the ****ing Royals? That's were all our **** ends up, anyways.
I like the thought.:redneck

Noneck
06-10-2010, 11:17 PM

For one thing, It is his responsibility to abide by his contract. Secondly, if he would like to be traded, tell management not the media. Then if management is gracious enough to grant his wish, he is a lucky man. If not, do your job and please be quiet. Finnish.

Crede24Thome25
06-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Two more wins makes us a contender?
Last time I counted its more like 3-5.

Crede24Thome25
06-10-2010, 11:19 PM
For one thing, It is his responsibility to abide by his contract. Secondly, if he would like to be traded, tell management not the media. Then if management is gracious enough to grant his wish, he is a lucky man. If not, do your job and please be quiet. Finnish.
We can argue with him all night and his only response will be, you can't blame the guy for wanting to play for a contender.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 11:20 PM

1) Again, he was asked about it by the media.

2) That's not how baseball works. People ask for trades all the time. Don't act like he'd be doing something that isn't done every single season.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 11:21 PM
Last time I counted its more like 3-5.

Read the numbers again. Jake Peavy can not make the White Sox hit a baseball.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 11:21 PM
We can argue with him all night and his only response will be, you can't blame the guy for wanting to play for a contender.

That's because it's true. The fact that you want to make him a scapegoat doesn't change that.

Crede24Thome25
06-10-2010, 11:24 PM
Read the numbers again. Jake Peavy can not make the White Sox hit a baseball.
He sure as hell can make them lose though if they hit a baseball or not. Like I said giving up 5+ runs almost every start won't cut it with this team the way our offense is.

Slappy
06-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Jake Peavy can not make the White Sox hit a baseball.

Then can we at least trade him for someone (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dodgers-psychic-20100610,0,5226932,full.story) who can?

Crede24Thome25
06-10-2010, 11:25 PM
That's because it's true. The fact that you want to make him a scapegoat doesn't change that.
Not making a scapegoat out of anyone, if beckham , quentin, buehrle and whomever is sucking it up for the sox goes to the media with bs comments like that I will do the same to them, so get over it.

Crede24Thome25
06-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Then can we at least trade him for someone (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dodgers-psychic-20100610,0,5226932,full.story) who can?

HAHA nice.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 11:27 PM
He sure as hell can make them lose though if they hit a baseball or not. Like I said giving up 5+ runs almost every start won't cut it with this team the way our offense is.

Where's your "Gavin" thread, then? Where's the "Buehrle" thread? You don't like Jake Peavy. Just say it, and get it over with. This team has far more problems than the performance of one player, and no one player is more deserving of a call-out than any other. The whole team sucks, and it's bull**** that people are singling out and attacking any one guy. It's bush league.

Crede24Thome25
06-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Where's your "Gavin" thread, then? Where's the "Buehrle" thread? You don't like Jake Peavy. Just say it, and get it over with. This team has far more problems than the performance of one player, and no one player is more deserving of a call-out than any other. The whole team sucks, and it's bull**** that people are singling out and attacking any one guy. It's bush league.
Let me know when Gavin and Buehrle run to the media with similar comments and I assure you, you will see identical threads

Noneck
06-10-2010, 11:30 PM

I am not making him the scapegoat, he is just one of a herd but also one that shouldn't bleat now.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Not making a scapegoat out of anyone, if beckham , quentin, buehrle and whomever is sucking it up for the sox goes to the media with bs comments like that I will do the same to them, so get over it.

For at least the fourth time this thread, the media went to him, and asked him about a potential rebuilding process.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0611-white-sox-tigers-detroit-20100610,0,4074382.story

See? And how is it a BS comment?

Crede24Thome25
06-10-2010, 11:35 PM
For at least the fourth time this thread, the media went to him, and asked him about a potential rebuilding process.

See? And how is it a BS comment?

Doesn't matter if the media went to him or he went to the media. Mr. Intense should ****. I don't need the link I'm the one who started the damn thread.
The comments are BS because thats how I see it, and you have a problem with this thread, well because you just have a problem.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 11:37 PM
Doesn't matter if the media went to him or he went to the media. Mr. Intense should ****. I don't need the link I'm the one who started the damn thread.
The comments are BS because thats how I see it, and you have a problem with this thread, well because you just have a problem.

I do have a problem with the thread, and it's because the singular point of this thread was so that you could say "**** this guy".

Crede24Thome25
06-10-2010, 11:38 PM
I do have a problem with the thread, and it's because the singular point of this thread was so that you could say "**** this guy".
Like you told someone else if you have a problem with the thread go read something else. This was a calm thread until you came along.

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Like you told someone else if you have a problem with the thread go read something else. This was a calm thread until you came along.

His/her problem was with my disagreeing with him/her. The ignore button is very easy to find for anyone that doesn't want to argue with someone. You put this thread up in a public forum, making it open for debate. If you didn't want people disagreeing with you, I'm sure you can post the same thing in your blog.

Crede24Thome25
06-10-2010, 11:45 PM
His/her problem was with my disagreeing with him/her. The ignore button is very easy to find for anyone that doesn't want to argue with someone. You put this thread up in a public forum, making it open for debate. If you didn't want people disagreeing with you, I'm sure you can post the same thing in your blog.
I don't care about some one disagreeing with me, it's just you that claims to have a problem with it. Like I said if you have that much of a problem with it, read something else. There a ton of other sections on this site. No ones forcing you to stay here and have a problem with it. and P.S this is somewhat of my blog seeing as I wrote it :D:

Boondock Saint
06-10-2010, 11:47 PM
I don't care about some one disagreeing with me, it's just you that claims to have a problem with it. Like I said if you have that much of a problem with it, read something else. There a ton of other sections on this site. No ones forcing you to stay here and have a problem with it. and P.S this is somewhat of my blog seeing as I wrote it :D:

This is careening toward a semantics debate, and that's ridiculous.

Crede24Thome25
06-10-2010, 11:49 PM
This is careening toward a semantics debate, and that's ridiculous.
You can always stop the semantic debate by not continuing it and I'll do the same.

Domeshot17
06-10-2010, 11:53 PM
I can't fault Peavy. He didn't want to come here, but he did when Kenny sold him on winning. Kenny promised him a chance to win, and really make a run at a title. Then, Kenny did nothing to make the team better, and built a ****ty team.

I am fine holding Jake accountable for being an early season disappointment, but if a company got me to take a job with them by promising huge growth, and then did nothing to improve the company, and talked about downsizing and scaling back, I would want the **** out too.

06-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Can someone find me a positive about this team and organization right now?

Boondock Saint
06-11-2010, 12:06 AM

:Danks:

"We're not all disappointments."

06-11-2010, 12:11 AM
:Danks:

"We're not all disappointments."

This is true. Alright, I that is it for the positives.

GoGoCrede
06-11-2010, 12:14 AM
This is true. Alright, I that is it for the positives.

Rios, Santos?

06-11-2010, 12:15 AM
Rios, Santos?

Alright dammit! I will stop with the doom and gloom. :D:

TheVulture
06-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Peavy's comments are completely out of context in the Rotoworld blurb.

"If that were the case, I would certainly try to be moved, but that's the least of my worries. I want to get myself and the rest of this franchise headed in the right direction. I'm excited to be a Chicago White Sox. I've told you guys that since day one. I'm excited to play for an owner who's passionate and people who are in charge who truly care about winning.

"It's just unfortunate the situation we're in. I'm very happy to be here, but it is a nice feeling to understand when you can control your destiny and have a say-so."

mzh
06-11-2010, 01:14 AM
Peavy's comments are completely out of context in the Rotoworld blurb.

"If that were the case, I would certainly try to be moved, but that's the least of my worries. I want to get myself and the rest of this franchise headed in the right direction. I'm excited to be a Chicago White Sox. I've told you guys that since day one. I'm excited to play for an owner who's passionate and people who are in charge who truly care about winning.

"It's just unfortunate the situation we're in. I'm very happy to be here, but it is a nice feeling to understand when you can control your destiny and have a say-so."
And we now know he didn't just say it out of the blue either.

/Controversy.

guillensdisciple
06-11-2010, 02:12 AM

This pitching has lost us at LEAST 10 games this year. I don't give a **** what this offense has done, if this pitching pitches like it should have we have a record of 3 or 4 above .500.

Keep on blaming the offense, it was a question mark. The pitching was a GUARANTEE, and it has sucked ass.

THe blame goes COMPLETELY on the pitching. Everyone: Mark, Gavin, and Jake have deserved to get their asses kicked for their performances.

They pitch like their capabilities and you have a hell of a team out there, with Kenny looking to trade for hitting instead of trying to sell the whole ****ing team.

Keep blaming the offense though, that'll get you somewhere.

mzh
06-11-2010, 02:37 AM
Ok, I'm going to try and settle the pitching vs. hitting thing. DumpJerry and GuillensD, listen up.

Of Buehrle's 6 losses and 2 ND's on the year (not counting the Joe West incident), he gave up 3 earned runs or less in just 2 of them. However, in one of those two, he also gave up 3 unearned, so that counts for neither.

Of Floyd's 6 losses and 4 ND's, he gave up 3 earned or less in 3 of them.

Of Peavy's 5 losses and 3 ND's, he's given up 3 earned or less in 3 of them.

So out of 26 losses/ND's out of those three, 7 of those games could be counted as the fault of not enough run support. With some complicated arithmetic we can determine that Buehrle, Floyd, and Peavy were responsible for 19 of their 26 losses or ND's.

There is no question that the offense has been bad, but I think that, at least since May 1st, it has undoubtedly been the pitching that's totally killed us.

guillensdisciple
06-11-2010, 02:43 AM
Ok, I'm going to try and settle the pitching vs. hitting thing. DumpJerry and GuillensD, listen up.

Of Buehrle's 6 losses and 2 ND's on the year (not counting the Joe West incident), he gave up 3 earned runs or less in just 2 of them. However, in one of those two, he also gave up 3 unearned, so that counts for neither.

So out of 26 losses/ND's out of those three, 7 of those games could be counted as the fault of not enough run support. With some complicated arithmetic we can determine that Buehrle, Floyd, and Peavy were responsible for 19 of their 26 losses or ND's.

There is no question that the offense has been bad, but I think that, at least since May 1st, it has undoubtedly been the pitching that's totally killed us.

Done and done.

Go **** yourself pitching staff.

Crede24Thome25
06-11-2010, 04:04 AM

Nice work I would have never been able to do that. I guess this settles it.

JermaineDye05
06-11-2010, 04:39 AM
Can you blame him? The guy was traded away from a rebuilding team expecting to end up on a contender. Now, he's on another rebuilding team. I think there must be something wrong with this coaching staff, only reason I can think why so many of our players who should be good are bad.

doublem23
06-11-2010, 06:09 AM

We are on a winning streak for the first time in weeks.

doublem23
06-11-2010, 06:11 AM

Especially so, given that that was the plan for this Sox team; hit enough to win with our awesome pitching. Nobody planned on the Sox being the 2nd coming of the 1990's Indians, scoring 1000 runs and flattening everything in their path.

doublem23
06-11-2010, 06:12 AM
Can you blame him? The guy was traded away from a rebuilding team expecting to end up on a contender. Now, he's on another rebuilding team. I think there must be something wrong with this coaching staff, only reason I can think why so many of our players who should be good are bad.

I still don't expect too many people to shed tears for a guy with an ERA hovering around 6. It's June, BTW.

Lillian
06-11-2010, 07:19 AM
It isn't so much what he said, as it is what he didn't say.
If he had also said something like; "I understand that I'm one of the main reasons that we're not playing up to our potential.", I doubt that many of us would find his comments objectionable.

But for him to make a comment like that would require him to accept some responsibility, which is something that few people seem inclined to do these days.

His comments seem more a reflection of this sad social trend, than they do about him as an individual.

fox23
06-11-2010, 07:45 AM

That doesn't prove anything. It is just as easy to turn around and say that out of those 26 games you mentioned, the offense has failed to score at least 4 runs in 16 of them. Since all three pitchers have an ERA over 3 for their careers, it should take on average at least 4 runs for the Sox to win a game too, unless you think these guys were going to shatter their career averages. So in this case you could say the offense was responsible for 16 of their 26 losses.

Moral of the story, both sides have sucked this year.

Lillian
06-11-2010, 07:48 AM
After reading the full quote from the Tribune sourse, I guess he did indirectly accept some responsibility when he said;

"I want to get myself and the rest of this franchise headed in the right direction".

That's not quite the same thing as admitting that his poor performance is partly responsible for the predicament that they're in, but it sounds a little better.

I'd just like to see a little more humility, and a lot more taking responsibility.

Craig Grebeck
06-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Pitching...offense...pitching...offense.

How about defense? Ever wonder why the pitching sucks?

asindc
06-11-2010, 10:07 AM

If any of the other players on the team that are failing to earn their salaries say they want to be traded if the team goes into full rebuilding mode, then I will say the same thing about them that I said in response to what Peavy said: Shut the **** up and play better, then the team will be less likely to fully rebuild.

mzh
06-11-2010, 11:56 AM
That doesn't prove anything. It is just as easy to turn around and say that out of those 26 games you mentioned, the offense has failed to score at least 4 runs in 16 of them. Since all three pitchers have an ERA over 3 for their careers, it should take on average at least 4 runs for the Sox to win a game too, unless you think these guys were going to shatter their career averages. So in this case you could say the offense was responsible for 16 of their 26 losses.

Moral of the story, both sides have sucked this year.

Except what your missing there is that pitchers ERA is taken out of nine innings. If they all threw complete games every time then 3 would be too much to ask, but to give up 3 runs through 6 inning is still a 4.5 ERA, which is higher than all of these guys career numbers. So 3 is really a fair, if not generous, number.

Even so, what's interesting is that raising the standard to 4 ER doesn't make a difference. It only gives 2 games to the benefit of the pitchers. It's literally been a shut-them-out or give up 6 runs deal with these three. Maybe we need to scout our opponents better, I don't know. But this hit-or-miss thing is something we usually leave up to the offense.

TheVulture
06-11-2010, 02:19 PM
It isn't so much what he said, as it is what he didn't say.
If he had also said something like; "I understand that I'm one of the main reasons that we're not playing up to our potential.", I doubt that many of us would find his comments objectionable.

But for him to make a comment like that would require him to accept some responsibility, which is something that few people seem inclined to do these days.

His comments seem more a reflection of this sad social trend, than they do about him as an individual.

He did say something along those lines. I don't know which is a worse social trend, identifying social trends based on out of context quotes(a phenomenon that is truly epidemic throughout our society) or lack of personal responsibility. Whatever it is, don't throw Peavy in the latter boat.

"We've underachieved as a team, as a whole organization. I could not have imagined being in this situation at this point in the year. With what we came into camp with, I was excited.

"Collectively and individually, other than the captain and Alex Rios, everybody has played below their expectations. That's unfortunate, but the bottom line is it happened and you have to be professional, you have to battle through it and you have to roll on."

JermaineDye05
06-11-2010, 03:18 PM
I still don't expect too many people to shed tears for a guy with an ERA hovering around 6. It's June, BTW.

I don't expect people to be shedding tears for this TEAM. Jake Peavy isn't the only one who's struggled. Freddy Garcia has been our best starter.

06-11-2010, 03:53 PM
I don't expect people to be shedding tears for this TEAM. Jake Peavy isn't the only one who's struggled. Freddy Garcia has been our best starter.

If by Freddy Garcia you mean John Danks, then I agree.

JermaineDye05
06-11-2010, 03:55 PM
If by Freddy Garcia you mean John Danks, then I agree.

Maybe best wasn't the right term. Most consistent? Winningest (I haven't been watching much so I'm not sure)? Danks has had John Danks luck. He has yet to hit that ceiling though which I thought he'd reach this season. Then again, I thought a lot of things were gonna happen this season.

Taliesinrk
06-11-2010, 04:42 PM

I hear what you're saying, and agree with you, but I haven't heard any of those guys keep running their mouths... further, secondly, none of those guys are making the salary that Peavy is, and thirdly, of all of them, we expected the most from Peavy.

gosox41
06-11-2010, 09:48 PM

The regular season start 2 months ago, anytime Jake feels like showing up to start it is good with me. Spring training and play around time are over. Pitch better. For the money he's getting, he needs to perform better. 5.50 ERA's don't cut it 60 games and 15 starts in the season. Not from a guy who is an alleged #1.

Bob