PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Two Wins In A Row? Fer Scherzer!! 6/10 DET vs White Sox Postgame Thread

soxinem1
06-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Looked like the thread title might might be 'Uh, Oh, Sergio, Danks For Nothing!!' at one time, but good to see him fight his way out of the mess.

How about Omar's hitting? Maybe he can get us something on the trade market as well!!

WhiteSox5187
06-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Winning is fun!

October26
06-10-2010, 03:24 PM
And fun is winning! :)Sox win! Sox win! :smile:

guillensdisciple
06-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Guys we are 11-3 since the 15-30 mark.

There is still hope. Please don't pull the trigger yet. This team can win.

thomas35forever
06-10-2010, 03:25 PM
The more saves Bobby earns for us, the higher his trade value becomes. Hope he keeps it up.

As for Omar, don't expect anyone to come calling about him. This will be his last MLB stop.

#1swisher
Danks was a pleasure to watch, great win.

Keep it going.

cheezheadsoxfan
Wish we could play Detroit more and Cleveland less.
Sox win!:bandance:

soxinem1
06-10-2010, 03:26 PM

I know the season has sucked, but we were never 15-30....

Rohan
Since when does CSN interview players after the game and put him on the speakers at the park? Vizquel was just asked if he was looking forward to the Sox v Cubs series in which he's going to be out of the country attending family matters :rolleyes:

veeter

There is still hope. Please don't pull the trigger yet. This team can win.This team was never 15-30.

thomas35forever
06-10-2010, 03:27 PM
This team was never 15-30.

Someone still thinks this is the 2005 Astros.

Crestani
06-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Danks pitched liked we know he can. In fact, all three starters in this series pitched well, Floyd, Garcia & Danks. What does it mean...???:scratch:

WhiteSox1989
It's weird how much happier I am when the Sox win...

sox1970

An 11-3 stretch would mean the Sox won 4 games in a row. Still waiting for that to happen.

soltrain21

The Twins can win, too. And we are nine games behind them.

I really don't want to see this team hold on for hope they can crawl back into this.

Edit - And where are you even getting these stats from?

veeter
06-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Someone still thinks this is the 2005 Astros.I mean, how could the Sox have gone 11-3 over 14 games, when they can barely win two in a row.

guillensdisciple
06-10-2010, 03:29 PM

I know I know, but since I have been down in the dumps much of this baseball season I have taken a different approach.

That of the 2005 Astros, who were once 15-30. We are 11-3 if we were to be at such a point. Now, this perspective is skewed considering we have been so mediocre most of the year, but that is the only way I can give myself hope.

We should have swept this series, and who knows what we could do against the Cubs. They suck just as much or more than we do.

LITTLE NELL
06-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Nice way to end the homestand with 2 wins but we needed to go 6-3 instead of 4-5.

hi im skot
06-10-2010, 03:30 PM

Hmmm...just last week:

Floyd is a joke.

The pitching is a joke.

Time to sell.

The amount of flip-flopping is truly incredible.

soltrain21
06-10-2010, 03:31 PM
hmmm...just last week:

boom! Roasted!

soxinem1
06-10-2010, 03:32 PM
I know I know, but since I have been down in the dumps much of this baseball season I have taken a different approach.

That of the 2005 Astros, who were once 15-30. We are 11-3 if we were to be at such a point. Now, this perspective is skewed considering we have been so mediocre most of the year, but that is the only way I can give myself hope.

We should have swept this series, and who knows what we could do against the Cubs. They suck just as much or more than we do.

Say what????:?::scratch::o::smile:

october23sp
06-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Unaware of today's game, nice to see we won.

stevied23

By all accounts the Indians suck just as bad if not more than we do, yet we can't seem to beat them like we should.....

soltrain21

The McCourts aren't using him anymore (thanks, Fenway).

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dodgers-psychic-20100610,0,5226932,full.story

guillensdisciple
06-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Hmmm...just last week:

Ehh, I can't stand being negative so much. I pay attention to this team way too much to constantly hate it. I'll have those lapses where I will say we suck and hate everyone, but then go back to hoping it immediately.

Say what????:?::scratch::o::smile:

I don't think it's that confusing. We were never 15-30, but I am using the Astros as a vantage point. So, if we were 15-30 like they were (they eventually made it to the World Series) then right now we are on our way. We are 11-3 after that mark.

So, it makes NO sense what so ever, since we never were 15-30 BUT I am giving us hope. That is all.

soltrain21
06-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Ehh, I can't stand being negative so much. I pay attention to this team way too much to constantly hate it. I'll have those lapses where I will say we suck and hate everyone, but then go back to hoping it immediately.

I don't think it's that confusing. We were never 15-30, but I am using the Astros as a vantage point. So, if we were 15-30 like they were (they eventually made it to the World Series) then right now we are on our way. We are 11-3 after that mark.

So, it makes NO sense what so ever, since we never were 15-30 BUT I am giving us hope. That is all.

You should probably drop that outlook immediately. The team sucks. Sometimes teams suck. It happens.

guillensdisciple
06-10-2010, 03:37 PM
The McCourts aren't using him anymore (thanks, Fenway).

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dodgers-psychic-20100610,0,5226932,full.story

Hey, I was born in Russia so this works.

hi im skot
06-10-2010, 03:38 PM

Yeah, your epic, hyperbolic, expletive-filled tirades happen pretty regularly, but then after a win, everything is grand again.

Just sayin'.

guillensdisciple
06-10-2010, 03:39 PM
You should probably drop that outlook immediately. The team sucks. Sometimes teams suck. It happens.

But I bet many Astros fans were saying the same thing....

Can't I give up in July or something. I seriously, have way too much summer left to be rid of the White Sox for the rest of it.

Iwritecode
So, it makes NO sense what so ever, since we never were 15-30

I think I found your problem... :redneck

soltrain21
Yeah, your epic, hyperbolic, expletive-filled tirades happen pretty regularly, but then after a win, everything is grand again.

Just sayin'.

http://livingelpaso.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/haters.jpg

guillensdisciple
06-10-2010, 03:40 PM

Just sayin'.

Surprisingly, the White Sox are the only thing in this world that can make me seem bipolar in nature. They just get me pissed easier than everything else does, and get me elated easier than everything else does.

I can never keep an even perspective with them. So, when they lose I explode- when they win, I call the World Series parade.

WhiteSox5187
06-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Hmmm...just last week:

This team will cause one to do that. I don't think we're going to turn this thing around, but it's nice to win for a bit.

eriqjaffe
06-10-2010, 03:43 PM
I don't think it's that confusing. We were never 15-30, but I am using the Astros as a vantage point. So, if we were 15-30 like they were (they eventually made it to the World Series) then right now we are on our way. We are 11-3 after that mark.By that logic, one coudl say that we have gone 6-23 since we were 20-10. It not only fails to make sense, it lacks any logic whatsoever.

I appreciate the positive sentiment, though. Be better just to say that the Sox have won 3 of their last 4.

guillensdisciple
06-10-2010, 03:45 PM
By that logic, one coudl say that we have gone 6-23 since we were 20-10. It not only fails to make sense, it lacks any logic whatsoever.

I appreciate the positive sentiment, though. Be better just to say that the Sox have won 3 of their last 4.

I agree with you, it is completely illogical BUT it is the only way I can see myself believing in this team.

Can't fault me for being ridiculous.

soltrain21
06-10-2010, 03:46 PM
By that logic, one coudl say that we have gone 6-23 since we were 20-10. It not only fails to make sense, it lacks any logic whatsoever.

We are actually 0-33 since we started 26-0.

Foulke You
06-10-2010, 03:46 PM
This team will cause one to do that. I don't think we're going to turn this thing around, but it's nice to win for a bit.
I don't think we are going to completely turn it around either but I just want the Sox to be interesting this year. Make the Twins and Tigers sweat a bit. I don't want the Sox to be in "playing out the string" mode after the all star break. At least play some meaningful games in July and August. We went through "playing out the string" mode in 2007 and I hated every minute of it. A hot streak would be very welcome right now. It's nice to have back to back wins though. They have been very rare.

TheOldRoman
06-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Hmmm...just last week:

The amount of flip-flopping is truly incredible.Well, he has a point. Or maybe he doesn't. I don't know.

WhiteSox5187
06-10-2010, 03:49 PM
I don't think we are going to completely turn it around either but I just want the Sox to be interesting this year. Make the Twins and Tigers sweat a bit. I don't want the Sox to be in "playing out the string" mode after the all star break. At least play some meaningful games in July and August. We went through "playing out the string" mode in 2007 and I hated every minute of it. A hot streak would be very welcome right now. It's nice to have back to back wins though. They have been very rare.

A hot streak would be great and I think Kenny is going to wait until the end of June before unloading guys and there is of course the chance (slim though it may be) that the Sox get hot and can get back into it, but I, for one, just don't see that happening. This team has toyed with me before and I have lost all faith in them. The only thing that they have demonstrated the ability to do consistently is to play bad baseball. Maybe they can change that though, but I'm not going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

TDog
06-10-2010, 03:50 PM
This is the way the White Sox were supposed to win games this year. This was how the White Sox should have won the first game of the series, but Floyd only had six in him and Thornton didn't have anything.

Two home runs and a suicide squeeze for three runs. I was pulling for two home runs and two suicide squeezes at the end for symmetric purposes, but if I were writing a game wrap, the satisfaction of being able to write that the White Sox "sandwiched a successful suicide squeeze between two solo home runs" would be sufficient.

It should have been a sweep. White Sox starters looked great during the series. So did the bullpen, sans Thornton and Linebrink, who was only put in because Thornton let the game get out of hand.

I am impressed with how well Vizquel is playing two years after I along with some baseball people believe he should have announced his retirement. He provides better defense at third and he is hitting well, seemingly better than he was hitting in San Francisco. Defensively, I have never seen anyone quicker at getting the ball out of his glove to throw, but I haven't seen him hit this well in a long time.

I still find it odd that Coke didn't attack him with first base open in the eighth the way they attacked Rios.

I have to wonder how this season would have gone if Vizquel had started as the regular third baseman and Teahen had been the usual DH. The defense would have been better. People would have whined about the offense. (I wouldn't have whined, but I would have had questions.) Yet, the Sox^ probably would have been better.

*The White Sox. Not the Red Sox, who lost 11-0 on a two-hit complete game pitched by the Indians' Justin Masterson last night.

Coops4Aces
06-10-2010, 03:54 PM
An 11-3 stretch would mean the Sox won 4 games in a row. Still waiting for that to happen.

Win 3, lose, win 3, lose, win 3, lose, win 2 :tongue:

LoveYourSuit
06-10-2010, 03:55 PM

It's not confusing but very stupid.

Can we just look at the 2010 Sox for what they are, the 2010 Sox?

I am tired of people trying to justify hope.

Let's run a 4,5,6 game win streak before we start talking up this nonesense.

Please!

LoveYourSuit
06-10-2010, 03:58 PM
I agree with you, it is completely illogical BUT it is the only way I can see myself believing in this team.

There are better ways to do that, other than illogical mathematics.

SCCWS
06-10-2010, 04:05 PM
A hot streak would be great and I think Kenny is going to wait until the end of June before unloading guys.

IF AJ is going, it needs to happen by next week before he turns 10-5.

Foulke You
06-10-2010, 04:09 PM
I have to wonder how this season would have gone if Vizquel had started as the regular third baseman and Teahen had been the usual DH. The defense would have been better. People would have whined about the offense. (I wouldn't have whined, but I would have had questions.) Yet, the Sox^ probably would have been better.

Vizquel has had a solid couple of weeks for us but I don't think he would have had that much of an impact on the team vs. playing Teahen. Omar can still catch it better than anyone but his arm is very suspect there at 3B. I view him more as a 2B/backup SS at this stage of his career but we are playing him at 3B out of necessity. Omar really struggles to put any mustard on his throws and Konerko has had to dig quite a few out of the dirt for him. I also question whether the 43 year old veteran's body can handle the rigors of being a starter. I believe sooner or later he will break down if he is playing every day. I do agree with you that his play has been above average and very surprising. I thought he was completely washed up 4 years ago.

On the flip side of the 3B issue is Jayson Nix. Perhaps Wrigley Field is the perfect time to get him some ABs now that Omar is heading to Venezuela this weekend. Wrigley is a HR hitting park and Nix certainly has way more pop in his bat than Omar.

asindc
06-10-2010, 04:29 PM

And we are 7-7 in our last 14.

kaufsox
06-10-2010, 04:37 PM
IF AJ is going, it needs to happen by next week before he turns 10-5.

I thought that happened Monday, or is it this coming Monday?

Foulke You
06-10-2010, 04:53 PM
I believe it happens this coming Monday.

Craig Grebeck
06-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Duh, people would have "whined" about the offense.

Legitimate gripes do not equal whining, TDog. Christ, sorry we aren't on your level. You wax, we whine; we get it.

eriqjaffe
06-10-2010, 05:00 PM
We are actually 0-33 since we started 26-0.Actually, I think we're on a 33-game winning streak.

BRDSR
06-10-2010, 05:09 PM
There are better ways to do that, other than illogical mathematics.

I'm going to call shenanigans on this...how many ways are there to maintain any semblance of belief in this team? Illogical mathematics seems like one of the best, given that it sort of seems like you should be able to rely on mathematics, whether logical or not.

TDog
06-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Duh, people would have "whined" about the offense.

Legitimate gripes do not equal whining, TDog. Christ, sorry we aren't on your level. You wax, we whine; we get it.

Where did I accuse you of whining? Are you asserting that no one who posts here whines or that everyone whines or that people who agree with you don't whine?

I try not to whine when I post on WSI. I have never said a player "sucks" because I have too much respect for the skills involved in what they do and I wouldn't want to equate their lack of success with their value as human beings, just as I wouldn't want to equate the success of Barry Bonds or Albert Belle with the quality of their characters.

The fact is, the White Sox were built to win the way they won today. They increased their payroll to build a dominant starting rotation. They have a losing record to this point because the starting pitching hasn't been very good. When you fall behind, the offense the White Sox has assembled can't do some of the things it should be doing to score. When you're up by a run, you can bunt over a leadoff double to second and score him on a suicide squeeze. If you're down three, the chances of not scoring are enhanced. All indicators were that offense has been in decline and pitching is becoming more important.

I'm as disappointed as anyone that it hasn't worked out that way. But I hope I never start whining with the he-sucks stuff that passes for analysis around here.

Craig Grebeck
06-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Where did I accuse you of whining? Are you asserting that no one who posts here whines or that everyone whines or that people who agree with you don't whine?

I try not to whine when I post on WSI. I have never said a player "sucks" because I have too much respect for the skills involved in what they do and I wouldn't want to equate their lack of success with their value as human beings, just as I wouldn't want to equate the success of Barry Bonds or Albert Belle with the quality of their characters.

The fact is, the White Sox were built to win the way they won today. They increased their payroll to build a dominant starting rotation. They have a losing record to this point because the starting pitching hasn't been very good. When you fall behind, the offense the White Sox has assembled can't do some of the things it should be doing to score. When you're up by a run, you can bunt over a leadoff double to second and score him on a suicide squeeze. If you're down three, the chances of not scoring are enhanced. All indicators were that offense has been in decline and pitching is becoming more important.

I'm as disappointed as anyone that it hasn't worked out that way. But I hope I never start whining with the he-sucks stuff that passes for analysis around here.
Like I said, I'm sorry I'm not on your level.

Brian26
06-10-2010, 06:48 PM

I believe it happens this coming Monday.

All a moot point now. AJ has stated that he'll go to a contender and waive the no-trade if KW has a trade in place.

GoGoCrede
06-10-2010, 06:56 PM

Yep, agreed. Many of us have been flip-flopping on this team. It's hard to predict how we'll do. I can't fault anyone for doing it.

LoveYourSuit
06-10-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm going to call shenanigans on this...how many ways are there to maintain any semblance of belief in this team? Illogical mathematics seems like one of the best, given that it sort of seems like you should be able to rely on mathematics, whether logical or not.

By actually waiting for them to show any actual signs of playing good baseball for an extended period of time.

That's not happening right now, so there is NO reason to beleive.

pudge
06-10-2010, 07:05 PM

If you can't fault someone for being ridiculous, what can you fault them for??

GoGoCrede
06-10-2010, 07:06 PM

For not being ridiculous, of course. :smile:

Anyway, I had to leave towards the end of this game to go to the movies, but I was glad to see a win. When was our last series win? The Marlins?

PhillipsBubba
06-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Yep, agreed. Many of us have been flip-flopping on this team. It's hard to predict how we'll do. I can't fault anyone for doing it.

Sometimes the mind refuses to believe what the eye sees. I can't believe anyone could be duped by a two game winning streak after two months of bad baseball.

doublem23
06-10-2010, 10:12 PM

Hey guys, we're undefeated since the 0-33 mark. You better get those play-off tickets.

Seriously, dude, this makes no sense.

Hegewisch
06-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Winning is fun!

AMEN !!!!!!! Great Game !!!!!!!!!:bandance:Glad We Went !!!!!!!

tstrike2000
06-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Keep playing Vizquel!

thomas35forever
06-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Keep playing Vizquel!
It'll have to wait till after the Cubs series though.:(:

guillensdisciple
06-11-2010, 12:48 AM

Being a murderer?
Hey guys, we're undefeated since the 0-33 mark. You better get those play-off tickets.

Seriously, dude, this makes no sense.

It doesn't make any sense what so ever, I just don't want to believe this team sucks as much as it really does.

Tragg
06-11-2010, 12:51 AM
Is the team better with Vizquel and without Teahan?