PDA

View Full Version : Why Jerry...


34 Inch Stick
06-20-2002, 03:35 PM
did your have to take Buhrle out in the 9th with 1 out and a 5 run lead. Did your ass hurt from having to do nothing but sit on the bench all day. There was no need for the move and if Bowa hadn't blown up Jerry would not have had enough time to hatch the stupid plan. Don't worry Jerry they still put a win on your career percentage whether you do something or not.

raul12
06-20-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
did your have to take Buhrle out in the 9th with 1 out and a 5 run lead. Did your ass hurt from having to do nothing but sit on the bench all day. There was no need for the move and if Bowa hadn't blown up Jerry would not have had enough time to hatch the stupid plan. Don't worry Jerry they still put a win on your career percentage whether you do something or not.

oh for crying out loud--he gave up back to back doubles. yeah, it'd have been nice to have burly-mon get the CG, but if he had given up another 5 runs, you'd be screaming for JM's head for not pulling him after the two doubles.

i hate JM as much as the next guy, but i can't disagree with that move. howry got the job done. the important thing is that wunsch, osuna, foulke, marte, etc. all got the day off.

raul12
06-20-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by raul12

the important thing is that wunsch, osuna, foulke, marte, etc. all got the day off.

oh yeah, i almost forgot....and we won...that's important too. but not as important as paulie's HR he is now leading the league in rbi's!

34rancher
06-20-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by raul12


oh yeah, i almost forgot....and we won...that's important too. but not as important as paulie's HR he is now leading the league in rbi's!

Hey Raul, if I didn't know better, you sound like you tapped some scrubbie Cool-Aid. :smile:

raul12
06-20-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher


Hey Raul, if I didn't know better, you sound like you tapped some scrubbie Cool-Aid. :smile:

hence the teal.... :) i thought about leaving it in regular font color just to f- with people's minds. :gulp:

cheeses_h_rice
06-20-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
did your have to take Buhrle out in the 9th with 1 out and a 5 run lead. Did your ass hurt from having to do nothing but sit on the bench all day. There was no need for the move and if Bowa hadn't blown up Jerry would not have had enough time to hatch the stupid plan. Don't worry Jerry they still put a win on your career percentage whether you do something or not.

And I'm sure if Burly gave up 5 more runs, you wouldn't have any complaints at all, right?

Sheesh. Back-to-back doubles to me indicates that he's tiring.

34rancher
06-20-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Sheesh. Back-to-back doubles to me indicates that he's tiring.

Or that Kenny was just playing too shallow like the Phillies.

hold2dibber
06-20-2002, 04:06 PM
I think it was the right move -- and you can't argue with the results; Howry mowed 'em down.

Man, I love winning. It's like, better than losing.

raul12
06-20-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

Man, I love winning. It's like, better than losing.

But not more important than paulie's dinger!

:walnuts
shut the f- up raul.

duke of dorwood
06-20-2002, 04:11 PM
It was hot out there on that turf-right move.

HawkDJ
06-20-2002, 04:37 PM
Hey guess what? WE WON. Is that not enough for you?

34 Inch Stick
06-20-2002, 04:45 PM
Raul and Cheeses, a couple of things. Those two doubles were both misplayed outs by Magglio and Kenny (as Hawk and DJ acknowleged). Buhrle was just over 100 pitches in 9 innings. The guy had the game in hand.

Also one run on misplayed balls is a far cry from five runs. Of course I would be upset if 5 runs crossed. Just as you would have been upset if Howry got torched.

The truth is, it was an unnecessary move. Show the confidence that you showed in Foulke last night and keep him in.

Kilroy
06-20-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Raul and Cheeses, a couple of things. Those two doubles were both misplayed outs by Magglio and Kenny (as Hawk and DJ acknowleged). Buhrle was just over 100 pitches in 9 innings. The guy had the game in hand.

Also one run on misplayed balls is a far cry from five runs. Of course I would be upset if 5 runs crossed. Just as you would have been upset if Howry got torched.

The truth is, it was an unnecessary move. Show the confidence that you showed in Foulke last night and keep him in.

You know what? Who gives a ****? Buehrle doesn't need Manuel to show confidence in him after he just shut out a team 8 plus. He knows he can do the job. If he needed reassurance after that, he'd be a goddamn featherhead and I'd wanna trade his ass asap. Foulke, on the other hand needs his confidence lifted because he's been sucking like a $2 whore.

There is no cause to bitch about this whatsoever.

34 Inch Stick
06-20-2002, 04:59 PM
Of course there isn't. It was a win and a great all around day.

However, this is another example of micromanaging. A move that did not need to be made. A move made simply for the sake of movement. If it happens on the good days, it will happen on the bad days and will result in future losses.

kevingrt
06-20-2002, 05:05 PM
And we Burly was pulled did you see him try to tell JM to let him stay in, or did he just give a nice pat on the abck to JM and walk off?

pudge
06-20-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Of course there isn't. It was a win and a great all around day.

However, this is another example of micromanaging. A move that did not need to be made. A move made simply for the sake of movement. If it happens on the good days, it will happen on the bad days and will result in future losses.

The real frustration is when Manual doesn't pull someone fast enough, as in Buerhle's Cubs game or Foulke last night. If we lose this division by a couple games.... man....

voodoochile
06-20-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Of course there isn't. It was a win and a great all around day.

However, this is another example of micromanaging. A move that did not need to be made. A move made simply for the sake of movement. If it happens on the good days, it will happen on the bad days and will result in future losses.

I disagree. It was very hot and humid in Philly today. Buehrle looked relieved to be sitting on the bench after being taken out. If JM was a bit quick on the trigger tonight, maybe it is because he wasn't fast enough last night. CG or not, the team won and that is all that matters. The bullpen got a good days rest and the main guys have had two days off, with both Howrey and Wunsch available for 2 games over the weekend if needed also.

Not a huge fan of JM these days, but i thought this was a fine move at the right time. Why wait, wonder and worry - misplayed outs or not (something nobody can say for sure), both those balls were smoked. Get the game over with and get out of town.

Sox won a series and are actually playing with some intensity on all fronts. Man is it the right time for it too...

GO SOX!!!

Mathew
06-20-2002, 10:28 PM
What the hell difference would it make. 8+ inn. of wicked pitching or 9 inn of who knows? Bitch when it makes sence. The only that that makes a difference is W. CG doesn't mean crap.

Daver
06-20-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Mathew
What the hell difference would it make. 8+ inn. of wicked pitching or 9 inn of who knows? Bitch when it makes sence. The only that that makes a difference is W. CG doesn't mean crap.

A CG makes a difference when it comes to arbitration or contract negotiations,they mean a lot more than you think.

Mathew
06-20-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by daver


A CG makes a difference when it comes to arbitration or contract negotiations,they mean a lot more than you think.

So be it then keep them down Jerry Berry Muffin!