PDA

View Full Version : Kenny's "off the field" comment

pudge
06-10-2010, 01:04 PM
I found this pretty interesting:

"Pick your poison on a given night," Williams said of the Sox's array of problems "on and off the field."

It's not like we've had a lot of injuries, so it's interesting he'd call out "off the field" issues. We all have a sense this team has turned into a circus off the field, but I wonder if this confirms the obvious, or if there are things we don't even know about.

GoGoCrede
06-10-2010, 01:07 PM
That's interesting. It seems like a lot of fingers are being pointed this season, and no one is particularly getting along, especially Ozzie and KW. It's a little embarrassing.

asindc
06-10-2010, 01:13 PM
I found this pretty interesting:

"Pick your poison on a given night," Williams said of the Sox's array of problems "on and off the field."

It's not like we've had a lot of injuries, so it's interesting he'd call out "off the field" issues. We all have a sense this team has turned into a circus off the field, but I wonder if this confirms the obvious, or if there are things we don't even know about.

There are always things we don't know about, even when the team is playing well.

soltrain21
06-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Juan Pierre is tired of getting wedgies from JJ Putz.

Slappy
06-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Isn't it obvious what the 'off the field' poison is?

GoGoCrede
06-10-2010, 01:27 PM

No...?

Slappy
06-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Sigh...?

GoGoCrede
06-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Sigh...?

Obviously I don't know. Who is it?

russ99
06-10-2010, 01:33 PM

Could be any number of things. There's no reason to assume it's Ozzie.

Ozzie's doing the same things he's done here year after year, i.e. there's no sudden shift that's turned him into a clubhouse distraction.

Some of you guys just love to look for reasons why he'd be fired.

voodoochile
06-10-2010, 01:35 PM
I think the Twittergate flap got the team off to a rough start. I also think the ESPN reality show that got filmed might have been a distraction or made the team feel they had something special if ESPN was covering them then reality set in like an ice ball to the face and things snowballed when the team started pressing.

Whether it can bounce back before it gets dismantled is yet to be seen, but time is growing tight so it's pretty much now or never...

GoGoCrede
06-10-2010, 01:39 PM
I think the Twittergate flap got the team off to a rough start. I also think the ESPN reality show that got filmed might have been a distraction or made the team feel they had something special if ESPN was covering them then reality set in like an ice ball to the face and things snowballed when the team started pressing.

Whether it can bounce back before it gets dismantled is yet to be seen, but time is growing tight so it's pretty much now or never...

Haha, which Twittergate? There have been a few. IIRC, didn't KW not want Ozzie getting an account? And then of course there's Oney.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in KW's office.

Slappy
06-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Obviously I don't know. Who is it?

I'm only going by what I see on the web etc, but Ozzie and his family have been one big problem all season, whether it be twittergate, the website thing, and now the Ozney thing. Add that to the fact that Ozzie has been a poor manager this year and the team playing like ****, I think we can make an educated guess as to what Kenny meant. But of course there can be other stuff we don't know about.

GoGoCrede
06-10-2010, 01:42 PM
I'm only going by what I see on the web etc, but Ozzie and his family have been one big problem all season, whether it be twittergate, the website thing, and now the Ozney thing. Add that to the fact that Ozzie has been a poor manager this year and the team playing like ****, I think we can make an educated guess as to what Kenny meant. But of course there can be other stuff we don't know about.

It's a good guess, but maybe there's a player having major family issues right now? I dunno.

Madvora
06-10-2010, 02:29 PM
This whole failure of a season has been documented and will soon be shown on the MLB network.

pudge
06-10-2010, 02:29 PM

Just to nit-pick, I think it's MLB Network and has nothing to do with ESPN, but your point is the same - I really didn't like hearing they were being filmed in the spring... as fascinating as it would be see it, those shows always hide the real truth and people wind up playing for cameras- it was something this team didn't need in a year when they're trying to be a serious contender.

voodoochile
06-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Just to nit-pick, I think it's MLB Network and has nothing to do with ESPN, but your point is the same - I really didn't like hearing they were being filmed in the spring... as fascinating as it would be see it, those shows always hide the real truth and people wind up playing for cameras- it was something this team didn't need in a year when they're trying to be a serious contender.

Thanks, I don't pay attention to most of those types of shows. I thought it was ESPN, but haven't read or watched, so no shock I didn't know...

WhiffleBall
06-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Good article about Ozzie/Kenny issues:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100610&content_id=11027956&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

WhiteSox5187
06-10-2010, 03:18 PM
I think the biggest "distraction" is Oney. There was that problem with the Twitter account earlier, but really, I don't think anyone in the Sox organization is worried about Ozzie saying "Go Hawks" and "I like this restaurant." But Oney won't shut his mouth and I think it is causing a lot more problems than anything Ozzie is doing. Ozzie needs to tell Oney to shut the **** up because this is serious ridiculous. It's one thing to have those problems occur behind closed doors - I'm sure it happens all the time with every team - but with Oney bring them out into the public view, it becomes a problem.

#1swisher
06-10-2010, 03:28 PM

No...?

hint...twitter

GoGoCrede
06-10-2010, 07:03 PM
I think the biggest "distraction" is Oney. There was that problem with the Twitter account earlier, but really, I don't think anyone in the Sox organization is worried about Ozzie saying "Go Hawks" and "I like this restaurant." But Oney won't shut his mouth and I think it is causing a lot more problems than anything Ozzie is doing. Ozzie needs to tell Oney to shut the **** up because this is serious ridiculous. It's one thing to have those problems occur behind closed doors - I'm sure it happens all the time with every team - but with Oney bring them out into the public view, it becomes a problem.

I know he's being an *******, but I don't know why the Sox should really care what the hell he thinks, even though "he's been around baseball for 21 years" (his words). Should the relationship between KW and Ozzie disintegrate because of this? Kind of a sad way to go.

WhiteSox5187
06-10-2010, 09:03 PM
I know he's being an *******, but I don't know why the Sox should really care what the hell he thinks, even though "he's been around baseball for 21 years" (his words). Should the relationship between KW and Ozzie disintegrate because of this? Kind of a sad way to go.

There's a hell of a lot of ego between those two guys, I think that's the problem. It's kinda like Krause and Jackson (I'm not saying that Ozzie is as good of a coach as Jackson).