PDA

View Full Version : Bowa's rant

34rancher
06-20-2002, 02:53 PM
That was a thing of beauty, but WHY PULL MARK? I would have loved to have seen him hit the next batter instead, then depart. :cool: But, I am sadistic. A little fire would have been awesome. Hey, is anyone going to Atlanta?

kevingrt
06-20-2002, 02:54 PM
It didn't look like Buerhle was mad when JM took him out...

34rancher
06-20-2002, 02:58 PM
I know, but we need something to FIRE US UP :angry: !!
2000, the Tiggers pissed us off. There is nothing like a good roadtrip where they get pissed off and unite. They need some kind attitude. They just look like they are trudging until Minnestoa.

DrCrawdad
06-20-2002, 03:09 PM
Wasn't Bowa's name being bandied about as a replacement when Bevington was fired?

Bowa's little rant seemed to me to just be theatrics, giving the crowd something to cheer about with another lose in view.

As I watched Bowa's tempestous act I thought to myself that had the Sox hired Bowa I bet that our fans would have loved that "fire".

I heard a Philadelphia player on the SCORE this morning, who's name I can't remember, anyway the player praised Bowa as a manager who's always got things planned out - a step ahead of everyone else.

-DrCrawdad.

nut_stock
06-20-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Wasn't Bowa's name being bandied about as a replacement when Bevington was fired?

Bowa's little rant seemed to me to just be theatrics, giving the crowd something to cheer about with another lose in view.

As I watched Bowa's tempestous act I thought to myself that had the Sox hired Bowa I bet that our fans would have loved that "fire".

I heard a Philadelphia player on the SCORE this morning, who's name I can't remember, anyway the player praised Bowa as a manager who's always got things planned out - a step ahead of everyone else.

-DrCrawdad.

One of the other umpires walked over by those two to watch the argument and he was laughing the whole time at Bowa.

voodoochile
06-20-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

-DrCrawdad.

Yeah, but Bowa gripes way to much. He argued 3 calls these last 2 games. That's just ridiculous. If he doesn't start picking his spots better, no one will ever take him seriously...

The screaming before the ejection was hilarious. The ump could barely keep a straight face...

34rancher
06-20-2002, 03:42 PM
Yeah, did you see the second ump laughing behind the first. Classic.

rmusacch
06-20-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher
That was a thing of beauty, but WHY PULL MARK? I would have loved to have seen him hit the next batter instead, then depart. :cool: But, I am sadistic. A little fire would have been awesome. Hey, is anyone going to Atlanta?

I will be at Friday and Saturday's games.

34rancher
06-20-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch

I will be at Friday and Saturday's games.
Cool, I will be at Friday's and Sunday's. I need a day off for golf you know. Hopefully we can stick it to them for 2 out of 3.

DrWatson27
06-20-2002, 04:04 PM
As crappy as the Phillies have been playing this year I'm suprised it took until June 20th for Mt. Bowa to erupt.