PDA

View Full Version : Kid hit by Pujols home run

thomas35forever
06-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Who saw the video of this from Sunday night's game? Pujols saw the video in the clubhouse and rushed an autographed bat over to the kid.

mzh
06-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Who saw the video of this from Sunday night's game? Pujols saw the video in the clubhouse and rushed an autographed bat over to the kid.
Kid took it right in the chest! His reaction was priceless too. That's a story to tell. Hope he wasn't hurt, didn't see the rest of the story, just the video.

EDIT: Here's some linkage (http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=8763399&topic_id=8879106&c_id=mlb)

Jerko
06-08-2010, 05:14 PM
*** don't drop your hot dog dad or put your cell phone down mom.

Little girl got messed up pretty bad by a foul at Dodger stadium:

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/06/08/three-year-old-girl-hit-by-foul-ball-at-dodger-stadium-suffers/

Please people, if you have little kids at these games you have to pay attention. (I say that more towards the home run people as some foul shots are unavoidable)

october23sp
06-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Now there's going to be "an increasing problem with people getting hit.":rolleyes:

Jerko's post is sad and terrible, the kid getting hit by the home run? I feel no sympathy for.

doublem23
06-08-2010, 06:31 PM
http://notinhd.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/albert-pujols.jpg
Bullseye.

06-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Now there's going to be "an increasing problem with people getting hit.":rolleyes:

Jerko's post is sad and terrible, the kid getting hit by the home run? I feel no sympathy for.

I hope he gets hit in the face next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doublem23
06-08-2010, 06:39 PM
I hope he gets hit in the face next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's funnier in the groin.

vBQf23EAyOI

LongLiveFisk
06-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Please people, if you have little kids at these games you have to pay attention. (I say that more towards the home run people as some foul shots are unavoidable)

Ditto. And to be honest with you, if I had seats that were in one of those areas close behind home plate where they foul them back sharply, I probably would not even want to bring my kid. I saw a little boy once that had to be only 2 or 3 getting taken away with a bloody face, crying his eyes out. I felt so bad for the kid.

g0g0
06-08-2010, 09:30 PM
The kid had a mitt, he just got rocked lol. Part of the game. Suck it up kid at least you got the ball.

october23sp
06-08-2010, 09:40 PM
The kid had a mitt, he just got rocked lol. Part of the game. Suck it up kid at least you got the ball.

Exactly what I was thinking, he's old enough.

daveeym
06-08-2010, 10:08 PM
The kid had a mitt, he just got rocked lol. Part of the game. Suck it up kid at least you got the ball.Bingo, and his botched catch got him an autographed bat on top of it. If he didn't come up with the ball i would have felt some sympathy.

KRS1
06-08-2010, 10:29 PM
And he was wearing a glove.

mzh
06-08-2010, 10:50 PM

Exactly what I was thinking, he's old enough.

Bingo, and his botched catch got him an autographed bat on top of it. If he didn't come up with the ball i would have felt some sympathy.

And he was wearing a glove.
I think you are underestimated how much that **** hurts. The kid couldn't be older than twelve and you're criticizing him for not catching it? We've seen the video's of pitchers taking line drives off the head, and its sickening. You know how hard some of those balls are hit, and from Albert Pujols no less. I was sitting near the left field foul pole at a Cards game, and Pujols hit several rockets that could have fractured my skull if they had hit me. If it was an adult that would be one thing, but "He's old enough"? Put yourself in that kids shoes. Those things are rockets, it's not just playing catch.

Frontman
06-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Old enough to "suck it up" but nobody's old enough not to feel pain. That had to hurt.

Albert proved to be a class act if he made sure the kid got a bat that quickly (sounds like it was the same inning from Miller's commentary.)

As far as kids and paying attention; I get a sick feeling when I see toddlers and younger in seats that carry a higher risk of a line drive or a foul ball hit. ESPECIALLY when those who think its a great idea to bring a 3 month old (or God forbid younger) baby to the ballpark.

g0g0
06-09-2010, 09:37 AM
I think you are underestimated how much that **** hurts. The kid couldn't be older than twelve and you're criticizing him for not catching it? We've seen the video's of pitchers taking line drives off the head, and its sickening. You know how hard some of those balls are hit, and from Albert Pujols no less. I was sitting near the left field foul pole at a Cards game, and Pujols hit several rockets that could have fractured my skull if they had hit me. If it was an adult that would be one thing, but "He's old enough"? Put yourself in that kids shoes. Those things are rockets, it's not just playing catch.

I'm not saying it didn't hurt, but for Pujols to "rush" a bat over to him? Please. The kid cried only a little and then was completely fine. The 3 year old getting hit the other day is another matter though.

patbooyah
06-09-2010, 09:45 AM
it's kind of spectacularly awesome to see the kid's dad and mom lean waaay away from the incoming ball. meanwhile he has a mitt and just completely gets owned by the ball. pretty epic family baseball fail.

PatK
06-09-2010, 11:29 AM
That's what you get for attempting a basket catch

Iwritecode
06-09-2010, 11:51 AM
That's what you get for attempting a basket catch

That's one thing I keep telling my daughter when she plays. Keep your glove pointed UP when trying to catch a ball that's coming down.