06-06-2010, 04:25 PM
OMG, we won. Can't remember last time Bobby had a 123 ninth.:cool:

soltrain21
06-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Cool. They won.

Blow it up.

october23sp
06-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Wins feel especially good during a bad year, which is one upside of a bad year, this feels as good as a HUGE win late in the year just because it's a win in general.

voodoochile
06-06-2010, 04:33 PM
OMG, we won. Can't remember last time Bobby had a 123 ninth.:cool:

Had his curve working today...

Jurr
06-06-2010, 04:34 PM
This is one of those wins that belong in the "what you do with the other 42" category. However, the Sox have already trashed so many of those games that it really doesn't matter.

Blow it up.

jabrch
06-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Always nice to see a win. But there's still no reason this rotation should be giving up this many runs. Buehrle looked like a dog today. He needs to be better than this.

Jenks - 8 of his last 9 outings have been scoreless innings pitched.
Pena - 9 of his 14 ER have come in two outings. He's been pretty damn good otherwise.
Thornton gave up a run - but I'm not going to bitch about him.
Putz looked good. Santos got the day off.

The pen really is something to look forward to. So is the upcoming 3 weeks of schedule.

sox1970
06-06-2010, 04:44 PM
A pretty meaningless win, but whatever.

Buehrle since the perfect game:

5-13, 5.07 ERA
149 innings
185 hits
84 ER
38 BB
59 K

That's bad. And that's over 25 starts.

fuzzy_patters
06-06-2010, 04:46 PM
This team will not win consistently until they get effective starting pitching. It is nice to get the win, but games like this will wear down your bullpen.

DirtySox
06-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Cool. They won.

Blow it up.

I was going to post a similar sentiment.

:thumbsup:

Tragg
06-06-2010, 04:51 PM
We're only 8 games out. Maybe we could put packages together for Mike Lowell and Aramis Ramirez.

GoGoCrede
06-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Glad we won, but changes still need to be made. Dropping two series in a row, not good.

CLUBHOUSE KID
06-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Glad we won, but changes still need to be made. Dropping two series in a row, not good.

...And at home. Not giddy.

October26
06-06-2010, 05:10 PM
:winner

I'm enjoying this win and posting this. Feels good to win. :bandance: I know we're still a bad team. Just enjoying today. :smile:

GoGoCrede
06-06-2010, 05:11 PM
:winner

I'm enjoying this win and posting this. Feels good to win. :bandance: I know we're still a bad team. Just enjoying today. :smile:

I love your attitude. :smile:

guillensdisciple
06-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Well, it's a good thing we have such an easy June.

slavko
06-06-2010, 05:18 PM
We're only 8 games out. Maybe we could put packages together for Mike Lowell and Aramis Ramirez.

That's the spirit. Two 3B's, play the old nickel defense. Bobby looking good in his audition. First to go for certain. Still, I enjoyed the win. Sucker, I am.

NDSox12
06-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Amazingly, this team has only been swept once in a 3+ game series and still hasn't had a 3 game losing streak since mid-April. Of course, they haven't had any winning streaks either.

Gavin
06-06-2010, 05:29 PM
I hate that feeling of "It's not over yet" I get after a White Sox win. haha

Frankfan4life
06-06-2010, 05:30 PM
I'm glad we won today. I just wish we could win more often.

WSox597
06-06-2010, 05:31 PM

Even with the stench of ex-Cub, it's probably worth trying. Thing is, what would we trade for Aramis to the Cubs?

Andruw Jones maybe? He'd hit a ton in that park. We can throw in Linebrink, after all it IS Hendry. LOL

WhiteSox1989
06-06-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm happy they won.

That is all.

GoGoCrede
06-06-2010, 05:43 PM
...And at home. Not giddy.

Yeah, that's...bad.

Also, can we please put the kibosh on those Sox "pride" commercials? They make us look like an even bigger joke, especially the Pierre one (unless we end up going on a huge tear).

Good win, though!

VMSNS
06-06-2010, 05:52 PM
This is so ****ing typical of this team. Lose a whole lot, and then finally play good baseball and give everyone hope again. Rinse, and repeat.

Poor performance by Burls. What's up with him? Good job bullpen.

I don't care if we won today or not, major changes still need to be made. And soon. Blow it up, piece by piece.

DirtySox
06-06-2010, 06:03 PM
This is so ****ing typical of this team. Lose a whole lot, and then finally play good baseball and give everyone hope again. Rinse, and repeat.

Didn't give me much hope.

This is a below average team that barely scraped by to take 1 of 3 games at home from one of the worst teams in the AL.

A. Cavatica
06-06-2010, 06:27 PM
The Sox don't have "can't miss" talent coming up.

Doesn't matter, it would miss.

tacosalbarojas
06-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Amazingly, this team has only been swept once in a 3+ game series and still hasn't had a 3 game losing streak since mid-April. Of course, they haven't had any winning streaks either.We have been stunningly consistent at winning one, losing two. Maddeningly consistent.

soxinem1
06-06-2010, 07:05 PM
I was walking across the bridge from Washington DC into Arlington National Cemetery when Bobby K'd Branyan.

Nothing like cheering a White Sox victory out of state!:bandance::bandance:

LITTLE NELL
06-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Great come from behind victory but bottom line is we lost 2 out of 3 to one of the worst teams in MLB and we are 2-4 on the homestand.
I still see changes coming with Buerhle being one of the first to go.

Frater Perdurabo
06-06-2010, 08:06 PM
I still see changes coming with Buerhle being one of the first to go.

His contract is basically a poison pill; why would any other team voluntarily assume it?

soxlady8
06-06-2010, 08:18 PM
As I was watching Burhle's pitch I was thinking this: is he playing bad so that he could possibly get traded to the Cardinals? They are doing well in their respective division (most likely will make a post season run) and I believe the team has alot of talent (in the farm system and even their second rate players ) to possibly trade to the Sox.

does anyone feel the same about that synopsis ?

LITTLE NELL
06-06-2010, 08:19 PM
His contract is basically a poison pill; why would any other team voluntarily assume it?

You never know what some teams would pay for pitching, some teams have tons of $$$ and are willing to spend it.

DirtySox
06-06-2010, 08:20 PM
You never know what some teams would pay for pitching, some teams have tons of $$$ and are willing to spend it.

Yep. He still has value to certain teams. His name has been thrown around in a few of the White Sox firesale articles as well.

sox1970
06-06-2010, 08:25 PM

Rest of 2010- 8 mil
2011- 15 mil
2012- 15 mil

Nobody will take that on considering Buehrle's ERA is over 5.00 since the perfect game.

The Sox have him at 14 mil this year and 2011, and then he'll probably be gone.

soltrain21
06-06-2010, 08:26 PM
As I was watching Burhle's pitch I was thinking this: is he playing bad so that he could possibly get traded to the Cardinals? They are doing well in their respective division (most likely will make a post season run) and I believe the team has alot of talent (in the farm system and even their second rate players ) to possibly trade to the Sox.

To put this in the nicest way possible - no ****ing way.

NDSox12
06-06-2010, 09:04 PM
To put this in the nicest way possible - no ****ing way.

No kidding. If Buehrle was that desperate to play for St. Louis, he never would have signed that extension. And tanking a season in hopes of getting traded? Definitely not in his DNA.

Getting knocked around isn't necessarily a new thing for Buehrle. However, having it happen almost every time he takes the mound is new. I'm not exactly sure what's wrong with him.

ChiSoxGirl
06-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Bizarre weather out there today! Sunshine & a cloudless sky turned into a ten minute downpour; the clouds parted and the sun came back out, only for it to cloud back over and pour at the end of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame;" then the clouds parted and the sun came out again. Kind of reminds you of the season, doesn't it?!

One more thing... Somehow, I'm 5-0 on the season. That is all.

LITTLE NELL
06-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Bizarre weather out there today! Sunshine & a cloudless sky turned into a ten minute downpour; the clouds parted and the sun came back out, only for it to cloud back over and pour at the end of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame;" then the clouds parted and the sun came out again. Kind of reminds you of the season, doesn't it?!

One more thing... Somehow, I'm 5-0 on the season. That is all.

You need to go to more games.

kaufsox
06-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Was at the game today and had a blast! Father Daughter Day is the best, two years running! White Sox win a bonus for me.:D:

jabrch
06-06-2010, 09:21 PM

Same reason some stupid team acquired Rios' contract last year?

Hegewisch
06-06-2010, 09:44 PM
I am beginning to get frustrated. This whole series should have been wins. I am beginning to think this team is just plain lousy......................

Frater Perdurabo
06-06-2010, 09:52 PM

Are you suggesting the Sox put Buehrle on waivers, and just give him away to the claiming team?

russ99
06-06-2010, 10:22 PM

Different scenario entirely.

Any team trading for Mark has to take on an extra year at $18M

And I don't think the player association would be thrilled at any attempt such as waivers to circumvent that clause in his contract. They'd likely file a grievance, and Mark would be right back here with more egg on Kenny's face.

A. Cavatica
06-06-2010, 10:23 PM
I think Buehrle will pitch a lot better if he gets away from this cluster**** of an organization.

JB98
06-06-2010, 10:28 PM
I enjoy the wins when they happen. They don't happen anywhere near often enough. At least the Sox have won the majority of the games I've attended this season. Not sure that will last the whole year. In fact, it probably won't.

Tragg
06-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Why settle for taking the salary.
Another team took the salary AND gave 4 pitching prospects for Peavy when he was on the disabled list.

jabrch
06-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Are you suggesting the Sox put Buehrle on waivers, and just give him away to the claiming team?

No - we were talking about who'd take the contract and if it is a poison pill. I propose to you that a lot of teams would take the contract. The question is what they'd give us...

slavko
06-06-2010, 11:48 PM

You left out the part about the Cards having to be in on it, otherwise no sense to tanking all those games. I bet the deal is already in place between #56 and them. In fact I'm certain of it.

Did you think I was serious?

Mohoney
06-07-2010, 02:02 AM
No - we were talking about who'd take the contract and if it is a poison pill. I propose to you that a lot of teams would take the contract. The question is what they'd give us...

In the AL East, maybe the Yankees or Red Sox, but I doubt it. Kenny won't trade him to the AL Central, so it's pointless to even bring them up. In the AL West, I don't see the Rangers or Angels adding payroll like that at the deadline. Overall, I see 1, maybe 2 suitors total in the AL.

As for the NL, the Mets, Phillies, and Braves haven't had too many problems with starting pitching; their problems are more with hitting. In the NL Central, only the Cardinals seem to make any sense as a destination, and they have been reluctant to add payroll at the deadline in the past. In the NL West, only Colorado seems to need starting pitching, and I doubt that they make a move with us for Buehrle. Once again, it looks like only 1 or 2 suitors in the NL, too.

I wouldn't call a maximum of 4 teams out of 30 "a lot". I think you're definitely overestimating his trade value.

jabrch
06-07-2010, 07:15 AM
In the AL East, maybe the Yankees or Red Sox, but I doubt it. Kenny won't trade him to the AL Central, so it's pointless to even bring them up. In the AL West, I don't see the Rangers or Angels adding payroll like that at the deadline. Overall, I see 1, maybe 2 suitors total in the AL.

As for the NL, the Mets, Phillies, and Braves haven't had too many problems with starting pitching; their problems are more with hitting. In the NL Central, only the Cardinals seem to make any sense as a destination, and they have been reluctant to add payroll at the deadline in the past. In the NL West, only Colorado seems to need starting pitching, and I doubt that they make a move with us for Buehrle. Once again, it looks like only 1 or 2 suitors in the NL, too.

I wouldn't call a maximum of 4 teams out of 30 "a lot". I think you're definitely overestimating his trade value.

I am not overestimating his trade value - as there was nowhere where I estimated his trade value. I just said teams would be willing to take on his contract...

soltrain21
06-07-2010, 07:34 AM
I am not overestimating his trade value - as there was nowhere where I estimated his trade value. I just said teams would be willing to take on his contract...

And he broke down your statement of "a lot" being false. Therefore, you overestimated because there isn't "a lot" of teams that would want to take him and his contract.

WhiteSoxFTW
06-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Can someone explain what happened in the middle of the 6th inning when Indians manager, Acta, went out and went nuts on two umpires? I was at the game and was a little lost.

Hitmen77
06-07-2010, 11:57 AM
A pretty meaningless win, but whatever.

5-13, 5.07 ERA
149 innings
185 hits
84 ER
38 BB
59 K

He has struggled for a long enough stretch now that I have to wonder if he indeed is hitting a quick downward slide of his career.

If I remember correctly, he was pitching rather well last season culminating in the perfect game. It's too bad that he hasn't been the same since then.

Rest of 2010- 8 mil
2011- 15 mil
2012- 15 mil

Nobody will take that on considering Buehrle's ERA is over 5.00 since the perfect game.

The Sox have him at 14 mil this year and 2011, and then he'll probably be gone.

Yep, I'm sure the point of that contract provision from Mark's point of view was to make it that much more unlikely that the Sox would trade him before his 5-10 no-trade clause kicks in.

When Frater said "poison pill", I believe he's referring to the clause in Mark's contract that kicks in an extra $16 million to the deal if he's traded. Under his current deal with the Sox, he makes $14 million/yr through 2011. If he's traded I believe it automatically changes to $15 million/yr through 2012.

If the Sox did trade Buehrle, I'd imagine that we'd be eating a good chunk of his remaining extended contract.

Who knows, maybe if there is a NL team with money to burn and desperate for pitching, then a deal would be more likely

khan
06-07-2010, 01:06 PM

5-13, 5.07 ERA
149 innings
185 hits
84 ER
38 BB
59 K

Holy dog ****!

I don't really look @ ERA or W-L, to tell you the truth.

But, if these numbers are correct, that translates into a LOOGY-esque 1.4966 W+H/IP in that time. That's craptacular, no matter HOW one looks at it.

With all of the other very REAL problems with the roster, this $38M [over the rest of the contract] problem is a pretty big one.

jabrch
06-07-2010, 01:43 PM
When Frater said "poison pill", I believe he's referring to the clause in Mark's contract that kicks in an extra $16 million to the deal if he's traded. Under his current deal with the Sox, he makes $14 million/yr through 2011. If he's traded I believe it automatically changes to $15 million/yr through 2012.

I'm not sure that if a team would take it as is, they wouldn't take that small kicker... I don't think that's going to stop anyone if they already were interested... Not sure either way.

I am fairly confident that a lot of teams will have interest. How many is a lot? I'm not arguing that semantics, but enough that Williams will be able to negotiate and either find a good deal, or sit tight on Mark....either way...I don't care much if he stays (I like him) or goes (if we get good value). I'm not going to be upset either way.

harwar
06-07-2010, 04:45 PM
I think Buehrle will pitch a lot better if he gets away from this cluster**** of an organization.

i wouldn't be surprised if JR stepped in and sent him to the cards as he did with Harold

Brian26
06-07-2010, 07:21 PM

Having watched and followed Mark Buehrle play for almost eleven years now, I'm confident in saying that he has more integrity than that.

In fact, I'm trying to comprehend how a Sox fan could make such an ignorant, clueless suggestion.