PDA

View Full Version : The 4 best teams in the AL are all in the east

Fenway
06-06-2010, 07:41 AM
Toronto seems to want to make this a 4 team party

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2010/06/06/after_early_doubts_the_race_is_on/?page=full

doublem23
06-06-2010, 08:01 AM
Aw, that'd be super awesome if it were true, but there's this AMAZING thing called the INTERNET where you can check FACTS BEFORE you publish them, and a 10-second investigation would reveal that right now the #3 team in the AL are the Twins.

:fail:

You tried though. :clap: :clap: :clap: Good for you!

Fenway
06-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Aw, that'd be super awesome if it were true, but there's this AMAZING thing called the INTERNET where you can check FACTS BEFORE you publish them, and a 10-second investigation would reveal that right now the #3 team in the AL are the Twins.

:fail:

You tried though. :clap: :clap: :clap: Good for you!

Darn late game not included did me in.

cards press box
06-06-2010, 09:11 AM
O.K., the AL East has four good teams. Under the playoff system, only two can make the post-season. The Twins are starting to look as though they will run away and hide. That tells me that the L.A. Angels have a great opportunity to take advantage of this situation and make the playoffs with a team that, up to now, has been so-so.

I expect the Angels to make some mid-season moves, particularly a trade for a 1st baseman to replace the injured Kendry Morales. They only need a 1st baseman for 2010 (with Morales expected back next year), so the acquisition of one is his walk year makes a whole lot of sense. If the Sox blow the 2010 team up, they might have an opportunity here to deal PK to the Angels (like the Thome trade to the Dodgers last year) for this year's stretch run and still re-sign PK for 2011. The Angels' most interesting prospects appear to be catcher Hank Conger and CF Mike Trout. This could get interesting.

Craig Grebeck
06-06-2010, 09:19 AM
O.K., the AL East has four good teams. Under the playoff system, only two can make the post-season. The Twins are starting to look as though they will run away and hide. That tells me that the L.A. Angels have a great opportunity to take advantage of this situation and make the playoffs with a team that, up to now, has been so-so.

I expect the Angels to make some mid-season moves, particularly a trade for a 1st baseman to replace the injured Kendry Morales. They only need a 1st baseman for 2010 (with Morales expected back next year), so the acquisition of one is his walk year makes a whole lot of sense. If the Sox blow the 2010 team up, they might have an opportunity here to deal PK to the Angels (like the Thome trade to the Dodgers last year) for this year's stretch run and still re-sign PK for 2011. The Angels' most interesting prospects appear to be catcher Hank Conger and CF Mike Trout. This could get interesting.
Konerko wouldn't fetch either.

sox1970
06-06-2010, 09:20 AM

They aren't trading Trout. No chance.

Frater Perdurabo
06-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Konerko wouldn't fetch either.

What if we throw in Linebrink and Teahen? :tongue:

Tragg
06-06-2010, 04:03 PM
What if we throw in Linebrink and Teahen? :tongue:
They can have Konerko if they would just take Linebrink and Teahan.