PDA

View Full Version : Wise Signs With Blue Jays

voodoochile
06-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Minor League Deal...

Good luck, DeWayne...

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/06/blue-jays-sign-ex-sox-wise-to-minor-deal.html

WhiteSox5187
06-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Good luck DeWayne!

JB98
06-14-2010, 09:20 PM
I just noted that Wise is leading off for Toronto tonight against San Diego:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=300614125

Hopefully, Tragg doesn't open this thread. The horrifying flashbacks might be too much to take...:D:

GoGoCrede
06-14-2010, 09:21 PM
I want the best for him. Best of luck, Wise, and knock 'em dead.

Brian26
06-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Wise's career has come full circle, as he started in Toronto. Best of luck, DeWayne.

http://www.ballen-photos.com/photos/images/wise-dewayne-1-tbj.jpg

Coops4Aces
06-14-2010, 10:08 PM
I hate that man, sorry but it's true. I hope he goes 0 for the season.

voodoochile
06-14-2010, 10:13 PM

Why?

JB98
06-14-2010, 10:15 PM

Wise singles to lead off the game. Tough ****. :tongue:

GoGoCrede
06-14-2010, 10:23 PM

How nice.

Coops4Aces
06-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Why?

I don't know him but he just comes off as a hotdog. He did an interview where he told the fans to keep booing him even after he gets like 10 hits in a row or something stupid like that. I also remember him getting throw out at home on a double cause he can't run the bases and it ended up costing us the game. And I know it's stupid, but I'll always think that he dropped "the catch" on purpose so he could bare-hand it. Everyone has that player that they just can't stand and Wise is mine. My hatred is probably misguided though, I should hate Kenny and Ozzie for putting him on the team and playing him (let alone allowing him to be the Opening Day lead-off hitter).

Wise singles to lead off the game. Tough ****. :tongue:

Figures :lol:

GoGoCrede
06-14-2010, 10:32 PM
I don't know him but he just comes off as a hotdog. He did an interview where he told the fans to keep booing him even after he gets like 10 hits in a row or something stupid like that. I also remember him getting throw out at home on a double cause he can't run the bases and it ended up costing us the game. And I know it's stupid, but I'll always think that he dropped "the catch" on purpose so he could bare-hand it. Everyone has that player that they just can't stand and Wise is mine. My hatred is probably misguided though, I should hate Kenny and Ozzie for putting him on the team and playing him (let alone allowing him to be the Opening Day lead-off hitter).

Figures :lol:

I remember that interview about the fans booing him. He was frustrated with himself and frankly, I hated that our fans booed him on Opening Day. I'm with him on that one. I never doubted his passion for the game and his desire to do better, even though he fell short.

He's also not the only one who had trouble running bases. He was a good runner on the whole. 2009 was a ****ty season, and him costing us one game ultimately made no difference in the scheme of things.

As for intentionally dropping the ball so he could bare hand it - utterly ridiculous. Do you really think he had the time to think, "I want to steal some of this glory for myself. I think I'll drop this one so I can shine too."

Slappy
06-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Wise also hit a double tonight. And scored a run.

JB98
06-14-2010, 10:50 PM
Wise also hit a double tonight. And scored a run.

Yeah, his average is up to .667 now. :D:

tstrike2000
06-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Hope the best for Wise. Saw him at Soxfest a few years ago, nice guy and hope all goes well for him in his stint back with the Blue Jays.

thomas35forever
06-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Wise earned my eternal respect for saving BurlyMon's perfecto last year.

hi im skot
06-15-2010, 12:47 AM
And I know it's stupid, but I'll always think that he dropped "the catch" on purpose so he could bare-hand it.

Yeah, that is stupid.

Slappy
06-15-2010, 01:19 AM
And I know it's stupid, but I'll always think that he dropped "the catch" on purpose so he could bare-hand it.

:rolling:

Domeshot17
06-15-2010, 08:59 AM
I was never a Wise fan, I think he fell into the Erstad-Mackowiak-Kotsay Region as "Good bench player you began to hate because Ozzie played him way too much". He was the type or gritty grindy player you just had to keep away from Ozzie.

That said, I am big into autographs and memorabilia, and his "perfect catch" autograph is being hung on the wall in my new house with my other stuff. Certainly hope he does well, especially when playing the Twins and Tigers.