PDA

View Full Version : Piling On Royce

34 Inch Stick
06-20-2002, 09:32 AM
I do hate him so I have to relate last nights loss to him some way. One out in the ninth. A ball is hit in the whole to short and Royce comes nowhere close to touching it. He should have been playing deeper with a lead on astroturf. However he was playing at normal depth and his much discussed lack of range presented itself. Two outs, no on. I think Foulke could have gotten out of that situation.

By the way Tony G is great. It seems that he does something significant every day for this team. However, to much playing time is going to drop his productivity way down.

idseer
06-20-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I do hate him so I have to relate last nights loss to him some way. One out in the ninth. A ball is hit in the whole to short and Royce comes nowhere close to touching it. He should have been playing deeper with a lead on astroturf. However he was playing at normal depth and his much discussed lack of range presented itself. Two outs, no on. I think Foulke could have gotten out of that situation.

man, that's really stretching it! the one thing he DOES well is field, but god forbid we let an opportunity to blame this loss on him.

that being said .... royce shouldn't be on the field. SOMEwhere in this so-called organization there has to be a shortstop who can field. even if he can't hit over .200, he'd be cheaper! i don't care at this point if he's 18!
i also don't care if we throw away a half year's worth of royce's salary. the money is already wasted.