06-03-2010, 10:37 PM
No bitching tonight...

thomas35forever
06-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Yay! A win!

Nelfox02
06-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Nice win, feels good to put a W on the board
Now all we need to do is sweep Cleveland and we put ourselves right back in position to get that nice 6-3 homestand…….no problem, right?

Frater Perdurabo
06-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Undefeated this year on dog night while wearing pinstripes. I think we need to keep testing this theory. Dog night every night; pinstripes every night.

WhiteSox5187
06-03-2010, 10:41 PM
That was fun.

SoxFan1979
06-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Love the long ball!

Currently in Oklahoma City on business and they broadcast Rangers games out here. One inning their cast was saying how much the cell has improved over the years but of course they had to throw in the urinal. "The cell will always be the Jane to Marsha and Wrigley Field. The cubs will always be Chicagos team because they have fans that come in from 7 diffrent states to be at Wrigley blah blah blah...."

Just say the cell has improved no need to bring in the urinal into it JESUS

Frater Perdurabo
06-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Currently in Oklahoma City on business and they broadcast Rangers games out here. One inning their cast was saying how much the cell has improved over the years but of course they had to throw in the urinal. "The cell will always be the Jane to Marsha and Wrigley Field. The cubs will always be Chicagos team because they have fans that come in from 7 diffrent states to be at Wrigley blah blah blah...."

They even had the uninformed audacity to compare the Cubs to the Lakers and the Sox to the Clippers. :kukoo:

LongLiveFisk
06-03-2010, 10:53 PM
I will be at tomorrow night's game. Hopefully the Sox can beat a guy that is 0-5 with an era of almost 6.

Dare to dream, huh? :redneck

WhiteSoxOnly
06-03-2010, 10:54 PM
They even had the uninformed audacity to compare the Cubs to the Lakers and the Sox to the Clippers. :kukoo:

Laker fans just vomited.Sox fans tell them welcome to our world.

LongLiveFisk
06-03-2010, 10:54 PM

That's just stupid. :rolleyes:

Frater Perdurabo
06-03-2010, 10:58 PM
That's just stupid. :rolleyes:

It was perhaps the most stupid thing I've ever heard that I can share here without getting Roadhoused.

Boondock Saint
06-03-2010, 10:58 PM

I think it's fairly easy to point to both teams' championship resume and see the correlation.

Frater Perdurabo
06-03-2010, 11:01 PM
I think it's fairly easy to point to both teams' championship resume and see the correlation.

Maybe the Rangers' announcers were awed by the huge number of postseason games the Cubs have won, considering that the Rangers have won only ONE postseason game in their history.

Hegewisch
06-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Good game. Glad Bobby Jenks is starting throwing curveballs again.

SoxSpeed22
06-03-2010, 11:06 PM
That was the best Jenks has looked in a while. TCQ with a game winning home run helps too. Winning is fun, too bad we can't do more of that.

SI1020
06-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Good starting pitching. Lock down bullpen. Just enough offense. I like this formula for victory.

The Immigrant
06-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Great things can happen when our starting pitching keeps us in the game.

JB98
06-03-2010, 11:23 PM
The White Sox staff leader in wins? Freddy Garcia. He's 5-3.

I told you guys he would be fine as a No. 5 starter. :tongue:

DickAllen72
06-03-2010, 11:31 PM

I told you guys he would be fine as a No. 5 starter. :tongue:
Freddy knows what he's doing - he knows how to pitch. Hopefully he will take Peavy under his wing and teach him a thing or two about pitching and winning.

GoGoCrede
06-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Just got home. SO many adorable dogs, I could hardly pay attention to the game! I wanted to take them all home.

Really, no complaints from me, aside from Quentin's gaffe.

PalehosePlanet
06-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Freddy knows what he's doing - he knows how to pitch. Hopefully he will take Peavy under his wing and teach him a thing or two about pitching and winning.

If anything it shows Jake that you have to able to get your off-speed pitches over to win in the AL.

soxlady8
06-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Freddy looked great. He has been wonderful so far.
The dogswere so cute to watch.
Glad that the Rangers did not sweep us.
Hopefully we can do well against the Tribe.

soxlady8
06-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Also , kind of interesting without the fireworks.
I am so used to them at the game , and when not at the game at home 1.4 miles from the Cell !

PhillipsBubba
06-03-2010, 11:55 PM
Maybe the Rangers' announcers were awed by the huge number of postseason games the Cubs have won, considering that the Rangers have won only ONE postseason game in their history.

Maybe the announcers were impressed by the 20,000 people that showed up

LoveYourSuit
06-03-2010, 11:59 PM
We need 5 more of these, straight.

That might create some excitement again.

Hitmen77
06-04-2010, 12:02 AM

Yeah, because the Lakers never win any championships and the Clippers have a long, storied history in LA and have a recent world championship under their belt. :kukoo: indeed.

GoGoCrede
06-04-2010, 12:06 AM
We need 5 more of these, straight.

That might create some excitement again.

I think we'd need 10 more. I think the fanbase is getting pretty apathetic at this point. Can't say I blame them.

Cuck the Fubs
06-04-2010, 12:11 AM
My dog Ozzie was the key to the win, well him and 600 other dogs!:D:

GoGoCrede
06-04-2010, 12:14 AM
My dog Ozzie was the key to the win, well him and 600 other dogs!:D:

I loved meeting him. Cutest doggie I've ever seen!

Viva Medias B's
06-04-2010, 12:22 AM
I spent a lot of time on the outfield concourse with the dogs.

DOGS RULE!

GoGoCrede
06-04-2010, 12:24 AM
I spent a lot of time on the outfield concourse with the dogs.

DOGS RULE!

Agreed, I wanted to take all of them home, especially the ones dressed in Sox gear. And most of them were so well-behaved! I'm glad there were no fireworks so they wouldn't get scared.

Coops4Aces
06-04-2010, 12:27 AM
Figures we'd go yard 3 times and win on a night without fireworks :redneck

Nellie_Fox
06-04-2010, 01:22 AM
"The cell will always be the Jane to Marsha...Hell, I never watched the show and I know it was Jan.

I loved DJ doing the fireworks sounds after Quentin's home run.

guillensdisciple
06-04-2010, 02:57 AM
Well, at least we won.

pudge
06-04-2010, 03:12 AM
Yeah, because the Lakers never win any championships and the Clippers have a long, storied history in LA and have a recent world championship under their belt. :kukoo: indeed.

It's not even the championships, what drives me crazy is that people don't realize how large and deep the Sox fan base is. This season probably isn't a great example, because it's not like we're going to pack the park for this crappy team. I remember hearing radio broadcasters after '05 saying comparing the White Sox winning to the Red Sox winning in '04 was like comparing the Florida Marlins winning to the Cubs winning. I was like, *** - the Marlins had like 50,000 people at their "parade" the Sox had 1.7 million.

LITTLE NELL
06-04-2010, 06:16 AM
All runs scored via the long ball, Ozzie ball is alive and well.

jabrch
06-04-2010, 07:42 AM
I think we'd need 10 more. I think the fanbase is getting pretty apathetic at this point. Can't say I blame them.

For better or for worse, I don't believe WSI is representative of the whole fanbase. We get more down when things go bad and more up when it goes good.

A 5 game run would do wonders for getting the casual fan to show up.

October26
06-04-2010, 08:38 AM
I loved DJ doing the fireworks sounds after Quentin's home run.

Me too. I love to listen to Sox games on the radio, but Farmer & DJ have not been fun to listen to lately, especially with all the losing that has been going on this year. When DJ "imitated" the fireworks sound last night after Quentin's homer, I broke out laughing.

It felt good to laugh and to see a White Sox winner. :smile: Keep it going, boys!

hawkjt
06-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Time to go ,boys. Win 6 of 7 from the Tribe and Tigers,and get a pulse going into Wrigley. Freddy is the MAN!!. Smoke and mirrors never looked so good. Wish MB's stuff had freddys movement. Freddy makes a nice contrast to straight fastball hurling Danks,Jake,and Gavin...he takes on the Tigers next...he usually does well vs the Tigers:D:

TheOldRoman
06-04-2010, 09:59 AM
They even had the uninformed audacity to compare the Cubs to the Lakers and the Sox to the Clippers. :kukoo:Former ESPN media stooge Tom Tolbert made the same exact comparison four years ago during an NBA game when he was trying to become relevant by being "edgy". It didn't work, as he is still completely irrelevant.

I was like, *** - the Marlins had like 50,000 people at their "parade" the Sox had 1.7 million.Over 2 million actually, but according to Rick Morrisey, 3/4 of them were Cubs fans who wanted desperately to experience what a championship parade was like.:rolleyes:

Jerko
06-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Me too. I love to listen to Sox games on the radio, but Farmer & DJ have not been fun to listen to lately, especially with all the losing that has been going on this year. When DJ "imitated" the fireworks sound last night after Quentin's homer, I broke out laughing.

It felt good to laugh and to see a White Sox winner. :smile: Keep it going, boys!

I forgot the situation, but DJ "meowed" the other night and I was laughing my ass off.

LongLiveFisk
06-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Over 2 million actually, but according to Rick Morrisey, 3/4 of them were Cubs fans who wanted desperately to experience what a championship parade was like.:rolleyes:

YEAH RIGHT!

:whatever:

hi im skot
06-04-2010, 11:27 AM

I take the goddamn runs any way we can get them.

WhiteSox1989
06-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Sox always win when I don't watch...

My niece had her first game last night, though!!

tstrike2000
06-04-2010, 11:32 AM

And that 4.94 ERA isn't looking so bad either when you put it next to Peavy and Floyd's 6.23 and 6.64 ERA's, respectively.

LoveYourSuit
06-04-2010, 11:38 AM

And this is the way it should be. I have no problem with it, especially playing at our park.

It's the easiest way to score runs, hit the damn ball out.

WhiteSox56
06-04-2010, 11:52 AM
And this is the way it should be. I have no problem with it, especially playing at our park.

I would rather have power hitters than the type of players Ozzie wants/has. Small ball? Hasn't worked for us at all. It has worked for teams before, and mostly in the NL, but it is hard to have the type of team that Ozzie put together and wanted and score runs in the AL. Its seems much easier to have line up with your middle hitters being power home run sources. Besides Rios, we don't have any HR threats.(check that, PK was a threat early season, not so much now)

hi im skot
06-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Besides Rios, we don't have any HR threats.(check that, PK was a threat early season, not so much now)

Konerko's a couple this week and is still among the league leaders.

LITTLE NELL
06-04-2010, 01:07 PM

I take the goddamn runs any way we can get them.

I should have put my post in teal.
I agree with all of you, we don't have high average and high OBP people on this team to play Ozzie ball. They also don't bunt well or hit and run. The only time we played Ozzie ball was in 05 with Pods and Iguchi and we still bashed 200 HRs.
We play in a home run friendly ball park so it makes no sense to fill up your roster with punch and judy hitters while the opponent is going to knock the ball over the fence.

WhiteSox5187
06-04-2010, 01:50 PM
I should have put my post in teal.
I agree with all of you, we don't have high average and high OBP people on this team to play Ozzie ball. They also don't bunt well or hit and run. The only time we played Ozzie ball was in 05 with Pods and Iguchi and we still bashed 200 HRs.
We play in a home run friendly ball park so it makes no sense to fill up your roster with punch and judy hitters while the opponent is going to knock the ball over the fence.

Christ, we have power hitters in Paulie, Quentin, Rios (who can do it all and really is the epitome of the sort of player Ozzie wants, can hit homeruns, steal bases, good baserunner), Alexei, and Teahen was supposed to be a power hitter. It's not like we loaded up on 9 Juan Pierre like hitters. We have pop in this lineup, it's just that it isn't there consistently.

WhiteSox56
06-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Christ, we have power hitters in Paulie, Quentin, Rios (who can do it all and really is the epitome of the sort of player Ozzie wants, can hit homeruns, steal bases, good baserunner), Alexei, and Teahen was supposed to be a power hitter. It's not like we loaded up on 9 Juan Pierre like hitters. We have pop in this lineup, it's just that it isn't there consistently.

Teahen and Alexei haven't given us **** this year. Quentin? I'm hoping his 2008 season wasn't his best year. I'll give you Rios and PK, but other than those guys, no pitcher should be afraid to pitch to any of our hitters.

Hitmen77
06-05-2010, 12:40 AM
It's not even the championships, what drives me crazy is that people don't realize how large and deep the Sox fan base is. This season probably isn't a great example, because it's not like we're going to pack the park for this crappy team. I remember hearing radio broadcasters after '05 saying comparing the White Sox winning to the Red Sox winning in '04 was like comparing the Florida Marlins winning to the Cubs winning. I was like, *** - the Marlins had like 50,000 people at their "parade" the Sox had 1.7 million.

...and how deep and colorful our history is. Veeck, Fox, Appling, Fisk, Thomas, fireworks, 100 years at 35th and Shields....

Yeah, I know we're not even close to the history and fan base of the Yankees or Dodgers, but comments comparing us to the Clippers or Marlins are just plain ignorant. It's just stupid.

WhiteSox5187
06-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Teahen and Alexei haven't given us **** this year. Quentin? I'm hoping his 2008 season wasn't his best year. I'll give you Rios and PK, but other than those guys, no pitcher should be afraid to pitch to any of our hitters.

Alexei is coming around. Our hitters leave a lot to be desired, but when you looked at the roster at the start of the season there was reason to believe this team would be able to produce runs through a variety of ways. Obviously that hasn't been the case.