PDA

View Full Version : Garland Heating Up

hold2dibber
06-20-2002, 07:41 AM
Trying to stay positive despite yet another crushing defeat...

In Garland's last six starts, he has done the following:

8 IP, 0 ER
7 IP, 3 ER
6.2 IP, 0 ER
6.2 IP, 1 ER
4 IP, 5 ER
6 IP, 1 ER

Ten earned runs over 6 starts and 38.1 IPs. It seems like he's turned the corner. And better yet, despite the fact that it seems like he's been around for ages, he's only 22 years old! And Buehrle is only 23. I sincerely believe that these two can anchor the rotation and be top notch MLB starters for the next 5-8 years. Plus, Biddle, Ginter, Marte, Wunsch, Glover and Wright have all shown flashes of brilliance that make me very optimistic about that our young pitching is finally starting to fulfil its promise.

delben91
06-20-2002, 08:00 AM
As I was reading through last night's posts, I was wondering if someone was going to point out that lost amongst the poor bullpen management (and poor bullpen pitching) was another excellent outing by garland. Everyone who says that the pitching hasn't been the key problem lately, I back that. Even Wright has shown some signs of figuring out what's going on. Imagine having 3 solid starters....amazing.

Iwritecode
06-20-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by delben91
As I was reading through last night's posts, I was wondering if someone was going to point out that lost amongst the poor bullpen management (and poor bullpen pitching) was another excellent outing by garland. Everyone who says that the pitching hasn't been the key problem lately, I back that. Even Wright has shown some signs of figuring out what's going on. Imagine having 3 solid starters....amazing.

Yea, this team could be great if they would ever get some offense.

Wow, there's a sentence I never thought I would have to type about this team...

MattSharp
06-20-2002, 07:24 PM
You beat me to this. I was gonna post this but I went to bed instead. Garland has been amazing lately. I was one of the big backers of this guy all along. I knew it was gonna take him some time but I knew eventually he would come around.....

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-20-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Trying to stay positive despite yet another crushing defeat...

In Garland's last six starts, he has done the following:

8 IP, 0 ER
7 IP, 3 ER
6.2 IP, 0 ER
6.2 IP, 1 ER
4 IP, 5 ER
6 IP, 1 ER

Ten earned runs over 6 starts and 38.1 IPs. It seems like he's turned the corner. And better yet, despite the fact that it seems like he's been around for ages, he's only 22 years old! And Buehrle is only 23. I sincerely believe that these two can anchor the rotation and be top notch MLB starters for the next 5-8 years. Plus, Biddle, Ginter, Marte, Wunsch, Glover and Wright have all shown flashes of brilliance that make me very optimistic about that our young pitching is finally starting to fulfil its promise.

He's been a rock in the rotation all season long. It's too bad Ritchie hasn't panned out the way we all thought he would.

:kipper

"shoulda kept me"