PDA

View Full Version : My recomended Hall of Fame inductee(s)

getonbckthr
06-01-2010, 08:43 PM
After watching the "30 on 30" story about the founders of Rotiserie Baseball I agree with the guy from ESPN. Those guys should be inducted to the baseball hall of fame because of thier contributions to the game. What does everyone else think?

Daver
06-01-2010, 08:50 PM
The baseball HOF is already a joke, so why not?

TheCommander
06-01-2010, 09:58 PM
After watching the "30 on 30" story about the founders of Rotiserie Baseball I agree with the guy from ESPN. Those guys should be inducted to the baseball hall of fame because of thier contributions to the game. What does everyone else think?

:bong:
I think I would be in favor of inducting rotisserie chicken before I would rotisserie baseball.

Nellie_Fox
06-02-2010, 12:53 AM
After watching the "30 on 30" story about the founders of Rotiserie Baseball I agree with the guy from ESPN. Those guys should be inducted to the baseball hall of fame because of thier contributions to the game. What does everyone else think?I think it has created an entire generation of fans who only care about individual offensive stats. I don't see that as a positive.

TDog
06-02-2010, 01:12 AM
I think it has created an entire generation of fans who only care about individual offensive stats. I don't see that as a positive.

I was thinking the same thing.

doublem23
06-02-2010, 03:04 AM
I think it has created an entire generation of fans who only care about individual offensive stats. I don't see that as a positive.

Hey, we also care about individual pitching stats.

Nellie_Fox
06-02-2010, 03:22 AM
Hey, we also care about individual pitching stats.
:thumbsup:

BadBobbyJenks
06-02-2010, 03:44 AM
That was a great documentary surprisingly. 30 for 30 is the best thing I have ever seen on the Booyah network.

Oblong
06-02-2010, 10:43 AM
On a similar note, I think it has revolutionized sports in the sense that without these fantasy players there may not be as much baseball programming on TV. And the same goes for the NFL, probably moreso.

How much of the NFL's success in terms of ratings and revenue is due to people who both gamble and play fantasy sports?

khan
06-02-2010, 01:30 PM

I can agree to this to a point, but:

1. Rotisserie/Fantasy baseball have attracted more fans into the game, which is a GOOD thing, IMO. Now, whether or not they are "complete" in their understanding of the game is debatable.

2. Rotisserie/Fantasy baseball have expanded the use of statistical analysis of the game. It has, in part, enabled a better understanding of which stats have value, and which ones are antiquated and useless.

Having said that, since the HOF is ALREADY the "Hall of the Pretty Good and Well-Connected Eastern Types," why the hell NOT induct the Rotisserie guys? The HOF is pretty much a joke, anyway.

soltrain21
06-02-2010, 01:36 PM
I hate fantasy sports, so no thanks.

I don't care about your team, I don't care about how you think you are a super genius because you drafted Heyward in a later round and I don't care to listen to you cheer against your favorite team because, "At least Torii Hunter is on my fantasy team."

soxfan43
06-02-2010, 01:58 PM
That was a great documentary surprisingly. 30 for 30 is the best thing I have ever seen on the Booyah network.

I'd agree. Most of them have been great. I can't wait for the rest.

SI1020
06-02-2010, 03:42 PM
The baseball HOF is already a joke, so why not? See the treatment of Billy Pierce and Minnie Minoso for just two examples.

SephClone89
06-02-2010, 03:50 PM

I don't care about your team, I don't care about how you think you are a super genius because you drafted Heyward in a later round and I don't care to listen to you cheer against your favorite team because, "At least Torii Hunter is on my fantasy team."

I said this exact thing a few weeks ago at a game after Hunter went deep off Danks. I said "...at least he's on my fantasy team..." But it was in a jestful, facepalm way. I don't even really care about my fantasy team...

Nellie_Fox
06-03-2010, 02:23 AM

I don't care about your team, I don't care about how you think you are a super genius because you drafted Heyward in a later round and I don't care to listen to you cheer against your favorite team because, "At least Torii Hunter is on my fantasy team."Exactly. I never understand why people think others care about how their fantasy team is doing.

soxfanreggie
06-03-2010, 10:50 AM
I can agree to this to a point, but:

1. Rotisserie/Fantasy baseball have attracted more fans into the game, which is a GOOD thing, IMO. Now, whether or not they are "complete" in their understanding of the game is debatable.

2. Rotisserie/Fantasy baseball have expanded the use of statistical analysis of the game. It has, in part, enabled a better understanding of which stats have value, and which ones are antiquated and useless.

Having said that, since the HOF is ALREADY the "Hall of the Pretty Good and Well-Connected Eastern Types," why the hell NOT induct the Rotisserie guys? The HOF is pretty much a joke, anyway.

Since I don't view the HOF as a serious thing, I have no problem with it. Their contributions in bringing many "fans" into the fold are big. I will not sit here and pass judgment though saying that all fans who got into the game because of fantasy baseball don't become knowledgable fans.