PDA

View Full Version : !

ChiSoxBobette
06-20-2002, 06:15 AM
I think its time , how long does our team put up with this manager.He continues to fool around with the lineup and the pitching saying one thing one day and another the next. Did'nt we go through this with manuel last year with all of the stupid line ups and putting up with players playing everyday that were doing nothing. Whenever someone on this team starts going good he's on the bench the very next day, whenever manuel says one thing about our pitching staff he does something completely different the next day. He thinks hes making this team stronger for Sept. I don't know about anybody else but if theres still baseball in Sept. I don't see this team doing anything but playing .500 baseball. I can see putting Frank on the bench or playing him here and there while were in inter-league play but when we go back and manuel keeps doing the same thing somebody - the owner, G.M somebody has got to make a decision about his managing of this team. Whats up with this offense , and whats up with manuel saying Osuna is the closer and last night we have Foulke out there pitching the last 2 innings. Does manuel even remember all of the insane comments he makes about this team when he gos out there the next day and does something completely different. All I can think of is that J.R. & K.W. know theres a strike coming because after how many years does manuel get to keep making these 1st half of the season moves that puts us in a position in the second half where we have to win almost every game!!!!!! :angry: :angry:

hold2dibber
06-20-2002, 07:04 AM
I've been a Manuel supporer, for the most part, and I hate to second guess the manager, because I think it is an incredibly tough job. But I'm reaching my breaking point. His decision to allow Foulke to come out for the 9th was absolutely asinine. When I saw he was out there at the beginning of the inning, I was absolutely flabergasted. The guy has had ONE good outing since losing the closer's job. He has never been good in 2 inning save situations. And you're trying to repair his confidence, which you can do if you finish his night after a successful 8th inning. Unbelievably stupid. I say fire Manuel and Contreras, and hire Buck Showalter and Joe Kerrigan -- two professional, tough, proven winners. This team is underachieving and Manuel is not helping.

Paulwny
06-20-2002, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
His decision to allow Foulke to come out for the 9th was absolutely asinine

This is a classic case of over managing. Instead of insuring a win Jm was thinking of a DAY game today and wanted a fresh bull pen. Get the win and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

Iwritecode
06-20-2002, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny

This is a classic case of over managing. Instead of insuring a win Jm was thinking of a DAY game today and wanted a fresh bull pen. Get the win and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

Burly goes today, hopefully we won't need the BP too much...

duke of dorwood
06-20-2002, 10:31 AM
And he should have considered that too. He is a bad mnager.

ChiSoxBobette
06-20-2002, 10:36 AM
M.B. may be going today but I suspect manuel will do something to ensure a philly win. Better managers have been fired for less and we continue to let this go on, its unbelievable. In the past I to have supported both the owner & manuel but this year after watching manuel do the samethings he did last year and putting our team in a position where they have to run off 12/15 games in a row of wins is just absurd right now. I personally think this team of players has lost all confidence in the manager and his coaches. What does Osuna think about manuel after last night, if Osuna is going to be our big time closer he has to be able to pitch almost every night , we're 5 games back and it could have been 4 but then shoulda, coulda ,woulda seems to be the cry of this manager and his coachs so far this year.
GO WHITE SOX!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: