PDA

View Full Version : Strasburg....vs the Sox

jabrch
06-01-2010, 02:22 AM
His official first day per Rotoworld and Mike Rizzo (Nats GM) is June 8th vs Pittsburgh. That makes his 3rd start June 19th vs the Sox. That kinda becomes "must see TV"...

JermaineDye05
06-01-2010, 02:55 AM
His official first day per Rotoworld and Mike Rizzo (Nats GM) is June 8th vs Pittsburgh. That makes his 3rd start June 19th vs the Sox. That kinda becomes "must see TV"...

It figures. It's that kind of season for the Sox. I don't envision us hitting him too well. Thank god he's not left handed.

soxfanatlanta
06-01-2010, 08:34 AM
It figures. It's that kind of season for the Sox. I don't envision us hitting him too well. Thank god he's not left handed.

Sox against a pitcher that they never faced before +
This guy might be pretty good =

Ugh...

soltrain21
06-01-2010, 08:36 AM
We beat King Felix the first time we faced him, didn't we? When Brian Anderson used the Hammer of Thor to knock two out of the universe?

CLR01
06-01-2010, 09:37 AM
We beat King Felix the first time we faced him, didn't we? When Brian Anderson used the Hammer of Thor to knock two out of the universe?

We traded Anderson though. I am predicting a perfect game with 27 strikeouts.

veeter
06-01-2010, 09:53 AM
It figures. It's that kind of season for the Sox. I don't envision us hitting him too well. Thank god he's not left handed.What do you mean? The Sox have missed Greinke twice. Both Sabathia and Burnett when playing the Yanks. They've been lucky in that regard.

Hartman
06-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Considering the Sox always look like they're swinging a golf club against any pitcher they've never seen before, I'll predict a no-hitter.

06-01-2010, 10:49 AM
The Sox have been doing the opposite of what I think lately. I predict they rough him up and give him the worst start of his otherwise dominating career.

hi im skot
06-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Dude hasn't even thrown a pitch in a big league game and we're already predicting doom and gloom?

Seems a little silly to me...

WhiteSoxFTW
06-01-2010, 11:23 AM

Umm...no hitter incoming? :D:

munchman33
06-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Dude hasn't even thrown a pitch in a big league game and we're already predicting doom and gloom?

This argument only makes sense if you've never seen him pitch. There isn't going to be much of a learning curve with Strasburg. He immediately enters his first start among the five or so best pitchers in the National League. He'd literally have to have a Rick Ankiel like breakdown not to succeed.

jabrch
06-01-2010, 11:46 AM

:welcome:

If we eliminated Doom and Gloom, the posting volume would be reduced by 25%.

SephClone89
06-01-2010, 11:46 AM
This argument only makes sense if you've never seen him pitch. There isn't going to be much of a learning curve with Strasburg. He immediately enters his first start among the five or so best pitchers in the National League. He'd literally have to have a Rick Ankiel like breakdown not to succeed.

:?:

I don't know about this...Halladay, Lincecum, Jimenez, Wainwright, Carpenter, Haren? Santana? Cain?

That's quite a bold statement for a guy who has never pitched in the majors.

hi im skot
06-01-2010, 11:52 AM

Even those top five NL pitchers can be beat.

munchman33
06-01-2010, 11:55 AM
:?:

I don't know about this...Halladay, Lincecum, Jimenez, Wainwright, Carpenter, Haren? Santana? Cain?

That's quite a bold statement for a guy who has never pitched in the majors.

What does never pitching in the majors have to do with the pitches he throws, the locations he hits, the velocity he hits, the movement he gets....I can go on and on. Being in the major leagues does not mean you're better than people outside of it. Was every player in the MLB better than Ichiro simply because he didn't play here? Strausburg has dominated at every level, and the pitches he throws are better than 95% of the pitches thrown in this league.

Even those top five NL pitchers can be beat.

Not by this lineup.

Dibbs
06-01-2010, 11:56 AM
I would imagine his line will be something like 7IP 2H 1BB 11K 0ER.

tstrike2000
06-01-2010, 11:58 AM

I'm not although with the Sox track record against pitcher's we've never faced hasn't been good in recent memory.

SephClone89
06-01-2010, 11:59 AM
What does never pitching in the majors have to do with the pitches he throws, the locations he hits, the velocity he hits, the movement he gets....I can go on and on. Being in the major leagues does not mean you're better than people outside of it. Was every player in the MLB better than Ichiro simply because he didn't play here? Strausburg has dominated at every level, and the pitches he throws are better than 95% of the pitches thrown in this league.

I believe you that the guy has great stuff and is probably going to be a great pitcher. I'm just saying that proclaiming him one of the NL's best pitchers seems a bit premature.

Not by this lineup.

Right, because bad lineups can never beat good pitchers.

munchman33
06-01-2010, 12:07 PM
I believe you that the guy has great stuff and is probably going to be a great pitcher. I'm just saying that proclaiming him one of the NL's best pitchers seems a bit premature.

I don't have a problem saying it. I'd have a hard time not saying it. He's that good. Right now.

Right, because bad lineups can never beat good pitchers.

This team barely beats bad pitchers.

Foulke You
06-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Not by this lineup.
That's a pretty weak argument. David Price is one of the best pitchers in the AL and we have given him his only 2 losses in 2010. Even a struggling Sox lineup can beat any good pitcher on any given day just like the Royals, Indians, and Orioles can as well. The Sox tend to do better against pitchers with harder stuff. It's the junkball Dana Eveland/Mitch Talbot types that strike fear in my heart.

hi im skot
06-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Not by this lineup.

Silly. As others have gone on to say, even bad teams beat good pitchers now and then. And once again, Strasburg has yet to prove he's a good MAJOR LEAGUE pitcher.

jabrch
06-01-2010, 12:28 PM

I agree with you Seph. Destroying the U of SW Mississippi, the Rapid City Peanut Pickers or the Iowa Cornchuckers is surely impressive. I'd be more than happy to watch him pitch to a major league lineup - ya know - ONCE - before I draw conclusions on him.

To each their own. But to make categoric statements of grandiose facts with absolutely zero IP against a MLB lineup with MLB calibre hitters, even bad ones, is not something I care to do. I'm neither that smart to be able to do it, nor that dumb to try.

munchman33
06-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Silly. As others have gone on to say, even bad teams beat good pitchers now and then. And once again, Strasburg has yet to prove he's a good MAJOR LEAGUE pitcher.

Silly. This has no bearing on his ability to shut down our lineup, which is exceeded by only a handful of individuals in the game.

munchman33
06-01-2010, 12:30 PM
I agree with you Seph. Destroying the U of SW Mississippi, the Rapid City Peanut Pickers or the Iowa Cornchuckers is surely impressive. I'd be more than happy to watch him pitch to a major league lineup - ya know - ONCE - before I draw conclusions on him.

To each their own. But to make categoric statements of grandiose facts with absolutely zero IP against a MLB lineup with MLB calibre hitters, even bad ones, is not something I care to do. I'm neither that smart to be able to do it, nor that dumb to try.

I find it hard to believe anyone in our lineup could make solid contact off of him more than once out of ten tries. He is a freak.

TheOldRoman
06-01-2010, 12:39 PM
I put the odds that Strasburg stays healthy his whole career at 50%. Therefore, the odds that he makes the hall of fame are 50%.

asindc
06-01-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm not although with the Sox track record against pitcher's we've never faced hasn't been good in recent memory.

I've been trying to find the thread, but someone posted a link here about an article discussing the NYY's troubles with pitchers they have faced for the first time.

BadBobbyJenks
06-01-2010, 01:38 PM
I think if you have seen one inning from Strasburg you should be convinced barring injury he is going to have a ton of success at the MLB level.

This is not a Lance Broadway prospect we are talking about here.

Domeshot17
06-01-2010, 01:57 PM
People who ignore Strasburg just don't know what a prospect of his calibur looks like. We haven't had one of these on the White Sox in a lonnngggggg time.

Personally, if I was starting an MLB franchise, I would take Strassburg over any pitcher the Sox have, and the Sox have some damn fine starting pitching.

The only real concern is his ability to stretch out. He hasn't gone very deep in games. If we can foul off a lot of pitches, and work him deep in counts, we may not hit him, but we can remove him early.

That said, since doom and gloom is bad, I predict Mark Kotsay hits 5 dingers off him and sets a new mlb home run record. Omar will be on base for 3 of the 5 as well.

jabrch
06-01-2010, 03:20 PM
(like most kids) He's never thown more than 109 innings in a season in college. Lots of things can happen with better competition and 200+ innings. He looks freaking awesome. I just don't profess to be able to judge how a college kid or even a guy who I saw tape on a few minor league games will translate to a real MLB pitcher. I don't think anyone is predicting he will suck. But there's insufficient evidence to make grand statements without having a very high degree of being wrong. If you don't mind being wrong more than being right, then dive in...

munchman33
06-01-2010, 03:24 PM
(like most kids) He's never thown more than 109 innings in a season in college. Lots of things can happen with better competition and 200+ innings. He looks freaking awesome. I just don't profess to be able to judge how a college kid or even a guy who I saw tape on a few minor league games will translate to a real MLB pitcher. I don't think anyone is predicting he will suck. But there's insufficient evidence to make grand statements without having a very high degree of being wrong. If you don't mind being wrong more than being right, then dive in...

I 100% disagree with this concept, and you're essentially lumping Strasburg in with every other prospect in the game with that kind of a mentality. The kid is obviously 100 times better than any other minor leaguer in all of baseball, perhaps better than the minor leagues have seen in the last thirty years.

edit: And before I get the obvious "but he hasn't thrown in the majors yet" argument again....Strasburg's fastball sits 97-99 all game, and it's a 2-seamer. And he spots it perfectly, as he's ++ with fastball command. His curveball grades a 7 out of 8 on the 2 to 8 scouting scale. And he spots that perfectly too, with ++ command. There hasn't been anyone comparable in the history of baseball coming into the majors, not even close.

asindc
06-01-2010, 03:37 PM
I 100% disagree with this concept, and you're essentially lumping Strasburg in with every other prospect in the game with that kind of a mentality. The kid is obviously 100 times better than any other minor leaguer in all of baseball, perhaps better than the minor leagues have seen in the last thirty years.

edit: And before I get the obvious "but he hasn't thrown in the majors yet" argument again....Strasburg's fastball sits 97-99 all game, and it's a 2-seamer. And he spots it perfectly, as he's ++ with fastball command. His curveball grades a 7 out of 8 on the 2 to 8 scouting scale. And he spots that perfectly too, with ++ command. There hasn't been anyone comparable in the history of baseball coming into the majors, not even close.

Even better than Valerio de los Santos? [Couldn't resist.]

munchman33
06-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Even better than Valerio de los Santos? [Couldn't resist.]

Hahaha...it's Fautino de los Santos.

ilsox7
06-01-2010, 04:01 PM
I've got Strasburg going into the Hall in the same class as DLS.

munchman33
06-01-2010, 04:07 PM
I've got Strasburg going into the Hall in the same class as DLS.

This is exactly the same thing.

Strasburg immediately has the best fastball in all of baseball, 99 mph 2 seamer with six or more inches of late movement that he can spot anywhere in the zone at anytime. He's in the argument for best curveball in baseball too off the bat. HOF aside, it's a stretch to believe he isn't already going to be a tight flight ace. He'd seriously have to have a nervous breakdown on the mound for that to happen.

TheVulture
06-01-2010, 04:15 PM
HOF aside, it's a stretch to believe he isn't already going to be a tight flight ace. He'd seriously have to have a nervous breakdown on the mound for that to happen.

You haven't given up prognosticating and forecasting yet, I mean after your record thus far? I admire your tenacity.

ilsox7
06-01-2010, 04:16 PM
You haven't given up prognosticating and forecasting yet, I mean after your record thus far? I admire your tenacity.

Gotta be right some time, I guess.

delben91
06-01-2010, 04:27 PM

Strasburg immediately has the best fastball in all of baseball, 99 mph 2 seamer with six or more inches of late movement that he can spot anywhere in the zone at anytime. He's in the argument for best curveball in baseball too off the bat. HOF aside, it's a stretch to believe he isn't already going to be a tight flight ace. He'd seriously have to have a nervous breakdown on the mound for that to happen.

Just like DLS was going to the HOF barring a massive arm injury? Thank goodness DLS hasn't had any arm trouble. Oh wait...

I agree, very unlikely and silly to predict such an occurrence, but never say never.

canOcorn
06-01-2010, 04:54 PM

He doesn't throw his 2 seamer 99, that's his 4 seam. Ubaldo has the best fastball right now with a two seamer at 97-99 with 6 inches of vertical and horizontal movement.

Strasburg might be the best someday, but he's not top 10 yet because he lacks stamina and fastball command. Plus, if he continues to use his change it needs a lot of work.

WhiteSox5187
06-01-2010, 05:02 PM

Strasburg has all these great tools on paper (granted he's going to have them in the game too) but guess what? He hasn't faced a single major league hitter. On paper he has all these things to dominate the league, but he hasn't faced a single hitter yet. He has the best pitches on paper, but until he proves he can get out major league hitters with his stuff he is not in the same league as Linnecum, Cain, Santana, etc.

Also, bear in mind one of the biggest (if not the biggest) things that seperates major league pitchers from guy with raw talent is the ability to make adjustments. Good major league hitters make adjustments, good major league pitchers make adjustments. We will see if Strasburg can make the necessary adjustments because at some point he is going to get hit and he will be hit hard. If he can make the necessary adjustments, he will be fine. If he can't, he's going to have a hard time.

TDog
06-01-2010, 05:03 PM

Not by this lineup.

A couple of years ago in San Francisco, the White Sox did OK against Matt Cain. At least they scored six runs in seven innings against him. There was no DH. John Danks hit for himself. Jermaine Dye was in the lineup, as well Orlando Cabrera and Brian Anderson.

The lineup today is probably better overall (even though Omar Vizquel was a Giants pinch-hitter that May afternoon), but that day in San Francisco, the White Sox as a team had a .704 slugging percentage against Cain, and Cain holds a career 7.71 ERA against the White Sox.

Of course, the White Sox had never faced Cain before.

Actually, this year the White Sox have played three games against National League teams, and out of those three games, they have won two games against pitchers they have never faced before.

asindc
06-01-2010, 05:06 PM
A couple of years ago in San Francisco, the White Sox did OK against Matt Cain. At least they scored six runs in seven innings against him. There was no DH. John Danks hit for himself. Jermaine Dye was in the lineup, as well Orlando Cabrera and Brian Anderson.

The lineup today is probably better overall (even though Omar Vizquel was a Giants pinch-hitter that May afternoon), but that day in San Francisco, the White Sox as a team had a .704 slugging percentage against Cain, and Cain holds a career 7.71 ERA against the White Sox.

Of course, the White Sox had never faced Cain before.

Actually, this year the White Sox have played three games against National League teams, and out of those three games, they have won two games against pitchers they have never faced before.

Liar!

munchman33
06-01-2010, 05:06 PM
He doesn't throw his 2 seamer 99, that's his 4 seam. Ubaldo has the best fastball right now with a two seamer at 97-99 with 6 inches of vertical and horizontal movement.

Strasburg might be the best someday, but he's not top 10 yet because he lacks stamina and fastball command. Plus, if he continues to use his change it needs a lot of work.

Apologies, you are correct. I got confused reading a scouting report because someone said his four seamer moves just as much as most people's two seamer. He uses his two seamer as an offspeed pitch.

edit: Also, his fastball command rates ++ everywhere I'm looking. Where have you seen otherwise?

doublem23
06-01-2010, 06:15 PM
I've been trying to find the thread, but someone posted a link here about an article discussing the NYY's troubles with pitchers they have faced for the first time.

Struggled all the way to the #1 offense in the American League last year. OH ****

asindc
06-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Struggled all the way to the #1 offense in the American League last year. OH ****

My point is not that the NYY struggled last year. The point is that many teams have problems with pitchers they see for the first time. I cited NYY to show that this is not an indication of a poorly-constructed team. There are other signs that would indicate such, but this is not one of them.

jabrch
06-01-2010, 07:50 PM
My point is not that the NYY struggled last year. The point is that many teams have problems with pitchers they see for the first time. I cited NYY to show that this is not an indication of a poorly-constructed team. There are other signs that would indicate such, but this is not one of them.

Struggle is also a relative term. The Yanks "struggle" and score less than usual - but still more than most. Why's that? Something to do with being able to spend some ungodly amount of money (250mm?) on their major league payroll and still have virtually limitless resources for their minor league system and the draft...

Nobody is saying their "struggles" look like the Sox struggles.

NDSox12
06-01-2010, 08:43 PM
I have tickets for all three of the games in DC. I would have preferred not facing Strasburg since I'll get to see him plenty of other times, however that should make for an interesting game.

I've watched several of his AAA starts on TV. He has extremely impressive stuff. However, I don't watch a lot of minor league baseball, so I can't really say how he compares to other phenoms who have come along in recent years. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how it all plays out though.

asindc
06-01-2010, 08:45 PM
I have tickets for all three of the games in DC. I would have preferred not facing Strasburg since I'll get to see him plenty of other times, however that should make for an interesting game.

I've watched several of his AAA starts on TV. He has extremely impressive stuff. However, I don't watch a lot of minor league baseball, so I can't really say how he compares to other phenoms who have come along in recent years. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how it all plays out though.

So do I. I'm actually looking forward to seeing Strasburg against the Sox. I had already been invited to the rumored June 4 game, so this way I don't feel I'm missing out on much.

NDSox12
06-01-2010, 09:02 PM
So do I. I'm actually looking forward to seeing Strasburg against the Sox. I had already been invited to the rumored June 4 game, so this way I don't feel I'm missing out on much.

I have tickets for this Friday's game as well. I was a little late getting the news about the official debut date, so tickets were already gone when I tried last night. However, I got an email today indicating that the Nats have reserved some tickets for a special season ticket holder sale tomorrow morning. I have a partial season ticket plan. So I'm still hoping to be able to make it to the Strasburg debut.

canOcorn
06-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Apologies, you are correct. I got confused reading a scouting report because someone said his four seamer moves just as much as most people's two seamer. He uses his two seamer as an offspeed pitch.

edit: Also, his fastball command rates ++ everywhere I'm looking. Where have you seen otherwise?

I've seen several scouting reports/game recaps that stated he struggled with his 4 seam command/location within the zone. IMO and according to several reports his slurve and 2 seamer are far and away his best pitches and the 4 seam is quite a bit behind both of those (because of location). The 4 seam is quite straight, while sitting high 90's allows for location mistakes in the zone against MiLB, he'll get nicked up missing his spots against MLB. I don't think he becomes an elite MLB starter until he learns/commands better location of the 4 seamer. He still doesn't command the 2 seam in the zone the best, but it doesn't matter when it moves that much and at that speed.

Also, the Nats have been pretty upfront that they plan to limit him to 150-160 innings total between MiLB and MLB. Considering he'll be close to 60 MiLB innings before his debut, he'll be limited to 5-6 innings as a starter and that's not top 10 material. I don't limit his future, but give him time........

jabrch
06-01-2010, 09:30 PM
I don't get the rush to crown greatness....Let these kids grow into it....They just might reach expectations if they aren't all piled on them on day 1.

doublem23
06-02-2010, 02:55 AM

:rolleyes:

Even if the Yankees "struggle" with no-name nobodies as much as we do, whichI sincerely, sincerely doubt, they rake pretty much against everyone else. We struggle against noobs, journeyman, lefties, veterans, guys who don't walk anyone, guys who walk too many people, sidearm pitchers, power pitchers, finesse pitchers, and just about everything else in between.

doublem23
06-02-2010, 02:56 AM
I don't get the rush to crown greatness....Let these kids grow into it....They just might reach expectations if they aren't all piled on them on day 1.

Yeah, who wants to talk about BASEBALL on a baseball message board? It's way more refreshing to just read some posters accuse others of not being true fans.

asindc
06-02-2010, 09:28 AM
:rolleyes:

Even if the Yankees "struggle" with no-name nobodies as much as we do, whichI sincerely, sincerely doubt, they rake pretty much against everyone else. We struggle against noobs, journeyman, lefties, veterans, guys who don't walk anyone, guys who walk too many people, sidearm pitchers, power pitchers, finesse pitchers, and just about everything else in between.

Yes, the Sox struggle against all types of pitchers, but repeatedly noting that they struggle against pitchers that they face for the first time says nothing about their offensive woes. As I said before, there are other indicators of such, but this isn't one of them. Taking note of this "phenomenon" amounts to griping for griping's sake. Oh by the way, a couple of links for you to check out in your spare time:

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2009/06/fernando_nieve_latest_firsttim.html

http://www.sonsofsamhorn.net/lofiversion/index.php/t508.html

TomParrish79
06-02-2010, 09:39 AM
we will make him look like Steve Nebraska

TheOldRoman
06-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Yeah, who wants to talk about BASEBALL on a baseball message board? It's way more refreshing to just read some posters accuse others of not being true fans.:rolleyes: Nobody is discouraging you from talking baseball, they are just saying it is silly when a poster declares someone who hasn't thrown a pitch in the majors to be one of the top 5 pitchers in baseball, especially when said person has made such outlandish claims multiple times before and been horribly wrong.

It's Dankerific
06-02-2010, 12:27 PM
:rolleyes: Nobody is discouraging you from talking baseball, they are just saying it is silly when a poster declares someone who hasn't thrown a pitch in the majors to be one of the top 5 pitchers in baseball, especially when said person has made such outlandish claims multiple times before and been horribly wrong.

Is there a pitcher on this team you wouldnt trade for Strasburg?

TheOldRoman
06-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Is there a pitcher on this team you wouldnt trade for Strasburg?John Danks for one. Of course, salary is a consideration, too. I think everybody realizes the type of prospect Strasburg is, and how pitchers with his potential only come around every generation. However, there have been lots and lots of really talented (though less so than him) players who breezed through the minors and failed to live up to expectations or just failed completely in the majors. I am not saying that will be Strasburg, but it is insane to claim he is in the top 5 or 10 or even 20 of major league pitchers before he faces a single batter.

It's Dankerific
06-02-2010, 12:48 PM
John Danks for one. Of course, salary is a consideration, too. I think everybody realizes the type of prospect Strasburg is, and how pitchers with his potential only come around every generation. However, there have been lots and lots of really talented (though less so than him) players who breezed through the minors and failed to live up to expectations or just failed completely in the majors. I am not saying that will be Strasburg, but it is insane to claim he is in the top 5 or 10 or even 20 of major league pitchers before he faces a single batter.

I'd be sad, but I'd trade Danks for him. theres not many people I'd make untouchable for him. Especially pitchers.

wassagstdu
06-02-2010, 12:57 PM
I think the Sox have done better against good power pitchers than against mediocre junkballers. I predict Strasburg's first loss.

BRDSR
06-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Just picked up my tickets for the 19th! Excited to see my Sox but also Strasburg.

Looks like in the past few hours the game has been moved to Fox's afternoon slot. My stubhub e-tickets which say 7:05 will still be good, right? I know it's silly to ask, but the 19th is doubling as my first time seeing the Sox live in almost 2 years as well as my 3rd wedding anniversary, so I don't want it to get screwed up.

NDSox12
06-03-2010, 11:07 PM
Just picked up my tickets for the 19th! Excited to see my Sox but also Strasburg.

Looks like in the past few hours the game has been moved to Fox's afternoon slot. My stubhub e-tickets which say 7:05 will still be good, right? I know it's silly to ask, but the 19th is doubling as my first time seeing the Sox live in almost 2 years as well as my 3rd wedding anniversary, so I don't want it to get screwed up.

Wow, thanks for the info about the time switch. Yeah, your tickets will be good. My hard tickets also have 7:05 on them. I'm not real happy about the time change because I had a full day of events planned. I will adjust though because there is no way I'm going to miss the Sox/Nats game.

decolores9628
06-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Hey, we are the only team that has beaten David Price this year.

jabrch
06-04-2010, 07:49 AM
:rolleyes: Nobody is discouraging you from talking baseball, they are just saying it is silly when a poster declares someone who hasn't thrown a pitch in the majors to be one of the top 5 pitchers in baseball, especially when said person has made such outlandish claims multiple times before and been horribly wrong.

Regardless of someone's percentages of right/wrong on his/her stupid predictions, I just don't get why fans and teams are in such a hurry with kids to crown them to greatness. Same as Justin Upton...same as Evan Longoria... Let them play a little bit before calling them locks for the HOF. They might actually end up that good.

And there is nowhere in this thread I suggested not talking about baseball. Dubs knows that. He's just putting words in my mouth (incidentally, he instructed someone else not to do that in a different thread...but that's neither here nor there.) I'm not sure what his point is...and I really don't care.