PDA

View Full Version : *Official* "You've Lost That Winning Feeling' 5/29 White Sox vs TB Postgame Thread.

soxinem1
05-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Hopefully that Hall And Oates is better than the effort we put out tonight.

We are now 4-17 after a win this season. Wow.

thomas35forever
05-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Good teams have winning streaks longer than one regularly.

Frater Perdurabo
05-29-2010, 09:31 PM
Danks needs to throw fewer balls.

The infielders need to learn basic fielding plays.

guillensdisciple
05-29-2010, 09:32 PM
And the beat goes on.

LoveYourSuit
05-29-2010, 09:34 PM
Arguement came up the other day on why I don't see Danks as an ACE yet.

Today is a perfect example.

High pitch counts did him in. Crappy defense and decision making didn't help, but he was way too wild to begin with.

voodoochile
05-29-2010, 09:40 PM
You give the best team in the majors 3 runs and then you lose by 3...

VMSNS
05-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Great game!

Frater Perdurabo
05-29-2010, 09:46 PM
You give the best team in the majors 3 runs and then you lose by 3...

Good teams don't give away three runs like that.

This is a bad fielding team because it is a poorly coached team.

I don't care if it's "not the job" of an MLB manager to teach basic fielding. If your players can't execute simply fielding plays, then you make them practice until they can.

Brian26
05-29-2010, 09:46 PM
My comment and some of the subsequent replies in the last Danks postgame thread. Not all the replies disagreed.

Five innings, 112 pitches?

He needs to pitch a lot better than that. He has the ability, but he needs to straighten out his head.

Um, what?

Danks has pitched at least 7 innings in six of his nine starts. Games like this happen.

True but he has been great and has been on bad sides of close games (i.e. LAA)

Jeeez. The guy has been unbelievable all year. He just didn't have his stuff tonight and still battled. Cut the man some slack, if anyone deserves it, he does.

SephClone89
05-29-2010, 09:49 PM
My comment and some of the subsequent replies in the last Danks postgame thread. Not all the replies disagreed.

Understood, but I would still at least partially argue that it still isn't anything to panic about.

bunty_doghunter
05-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Hopefully that Hall And Oates is better than the effort we put out tonight.

Umm..Righteous Brothers? Or am I really old?

TDog
05-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Danks wasn't helped by the defense, but he didn't have much today. And that is too bad because it looked like the Sox were going to score some runs today.

It is entirely possible he is in a dead-arm period that starters face a couple of times in the season. He won't say anything about it because it would sound like he's making excuses. It isn't that good hitters have been beating him lately. He has been struggling in finding the plate and apparently hasn't had his usual stuff his last couple of starts. Often pitcher when they don't have their best stuff they don't have enough confidence to get much of the plate.

As usual, it starts and ends with the starting pitching.

Today's game doesn't inspire me to believe the premise that you have to pitch your southpaw starters in St. Petersburg.

I have always wondered about teams that squeeze with big leads.

bunty_doghunter
05-29-2010, 09:57 PM
And the beat goes on.
We need people with a SUNNY outlook to SHARE their optimism.

soxinem1
05-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Umm..Righteous Brothers? Or am I really old?

Hall and Oates did a remake of it. Almost became a top 10 hit for them.

soxinem1
05-29-2010, 10:03 PM
And the beat goes on.

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/S_C_9.1.jpg

Hall and Oates is playing tonight, not these two (or one).:smile:

guillensdisciple
05-29-2010, 10:08 PM
We need people with a SUNNY outlook to SHARE their optimism.

I am as sunny as sunny gets- I still believe. :D

DirtySox
05-29-2010, 10:11 PM
I think I'm the only one who doesn't know who Hall & Oates are.

SephClone89
05-29-2010, 10:17 PM

:o:

Because your kiss is what I miss...

PhillipsBubba
05-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Hey, there's a lot to be said for one game winning streaks!

bunty_doghunter
05-29-2010, 10:48 PM
Say it isn't so!

Sam Spade
05-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Luckiest person here.

soxinem1
05-29-2010, 10:57 PM
This has to be a first.....

A vintage performing act getting more coverage in a postgame thread than the teams who played in the game before the act took stage.

Of course I did start it, so it is safe to conclude that I am somewhat responsible....

Lip Man 1
05-29-2010, 11:06 PM
Hall & Oates are probably more entertaining!

:D:

Lip

bunty_doghunter
05-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Hall & Oates are probably more entertaining!

:D:

Lip
I can't go for that.

Frankfan4life
05-30-2010, 02:22 AM
Well, that was a humiliating experience! It seems that whenever I think the pitching will be good and the hitting bad, it turns out to be the other way around. However, the one thing I can count on is the defense will always be crappy. I was not disappointed. At one point during the "circus act" that was the fourth inning, I wanted to find somewhere to hide. I was just totally embarrassed. :redface:

I enjoyed the Hall and Oates concert though. My niece was able to wrangle some on-field passes and we rocked out. Unfortunately, it didn't take away the memory of that shameful craptacular mess of a game.

tsoxman
05-30-2010, 05:45 AM
.... However, the one thing I can count on is the defense will always be crappy. I was not disappointed. At one point during the "circus act" that was the fourth inning, I wanted to find somewhere to hide. I was just totally embarrassed. :redface:
This was Kenny's biggest failure in the of season. When you are building a pitching staff that pitches to contact, wouldn't it make sense to get guys that can catch the ball?

LITTLE NELL
05-30-2010, 06:19 AM
In the A.L. the Sox are 14th in hitting, 10th in pitching and 7th in fielding.
I think its time to admit that this is not a very good team. I thought they would be better but the proof is in the pudding. One or two game winning streaks is about all we can expect from these guys. If they somehow win 5,6 or 7 in a row I will be shocked.
Being the fan that I am I'm still hoping for a good June due to a fairly easy schedule, if they don't have a good June its adios to a lot of theese guys.