PDA

View Full Version : Casey Blake Was Right

Dub25
05-29-2010, 01:19 AM
Mods... maybe this should be in Talking Baseball???

So right now I am watching my DVR recording of yesterday's Cubs/Dodgers game because local boy John Ely started. The batter before Blake claimed Lilly was cheating was shown on Comcast cameras. Len and Bob were talking about how Lilly moves from the 3rd base side of the rubber to the first base side. They had a close up of his feet and he delivered a pitch a good 6 to 8 inches in front of the rubber. At no point before, during, or after his wind up did he even touch the rubber. Also, neither Len or Bob mentioned how that pitch was thrown in front of the rubber.

Next batter was Blake and he reached with a hit. At this point, some of you probably saw the replay of Blake arguing with John Hirschbeck. Blake was right and Hirschbeck acted the same way Joe West did in the Sox game.

Not only was Blake right but these umps need more than a fine when they act like clowns.

voodoochile
05-29-2010, 01:25 AM
It's about the flubbies, it's in the right forum...

DumpJerry
05-29-2010, 01:41 AM
The Cub fan in my office told me about this yesterday. He insisted, insisted, that Lilly was in contact with the Rubber and if not, was less than 1/2 inch from it. Mr. Cub also said it makes no sense to not use the Rubber as a push-off for the fastball.

So there.:rolleyes:

dickallen15
05-29-2010, 10:43 AM
This is something that has been going on in baseball for years. Steve Stone has talked about it a few times. Lilly will be under a microscope now. It will be interesting to see how he does.