PDA

View Full Version : Why not Buehrle on Sunday?

LoveYourSuit
05-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Honestly. With how dominant our LH starters have been vs TB in the past.

That's one thing I cannot stand about this coaching staff. They never get creative or think outside the box. They stay the course.

Are they affraid of hurting Peavy's feelings?

DumpJerry
05-28-2010, 07:54 PM
They asked Peavy. Peavy said he wanted to pitch.

Next question.

ChicagoG19
05-28-2010, 08:06 PM

Next question.

What he said.

spongyfungy
05-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Peavy gets what Peavy wants, team be damned.

I thought Buehrle would get some innings tonight since they said he would be available

05-28-2010, 09:01 PM

I thought Buehrle would get some innings tonight since they said he would be available

:whiner:

GoGoCrede
05-28-2010, 09:09 PM

Please, like we know how the actual conversation went.

cws05champ
05-28-2010, 09:21 PM
That's part of the problem...have some balls with your players and make the dam decision. They are big boys. Tampa is not good against LHP, and Peavy has said he has a tired arm. What would be the harm in giving him an extra 2 days rest? Also, Texas has a bevy of RH hitters that Peavy dominated after the 1st inning last time out.

SephClone89
05-28-2010, 09:27 PM

http://www.sportsblink.com/product_images/don-cooper-chicago-white-sox-action-autographed-photograph-3351600.jpg
"Hey Jake, we're thinking of switching your start with Buehrle's because Tampa struggles against lefties and he only threw a handful of pitches the other day. Any thoughts?

http://www.padresnation.com/players/jakepeavy.JPG
"HOW DAAAAAAAAARE YOU SUGGEST SOMETHING LIKE THAT, COOPER? Who gives a **** about the team? This is all about me. Give me my goddamn start!"

:rolleyes:

spongyfungy
05-28-2010, 09:39 PM

IMO there should be no conversation.

Dub25
05-28-2010, 10:11 PM

Next question.

Yep, I heard this to on the pre-game show yesterday.

Peavy is complaining of a dead or tired arm but yet will risk throwing another clunker because of his ego.
I don't know about some of you but I'm getting tired of the excuses. Go out and pitch, Jake. But only if your arm is 100%.

canOcorn
05-28-2010, 10:33 PM

Next question.

Well, if Peavy pitched like he's being paid, maybe I'd consider his thoughts. Considering his problems, I'd let the Buerhle face them and if Peavy cries, tell him to pitch better or pound sand.

voodoochile
05-28-2010, 11:07 PM
Well, if Peavy pitched like he's being paid, maybe I'd consider his thoughts. Considering his problems, I'd let the Buerhle face them and if Peavy cries, tell him to pitch better or pound sand.

Yes yes yes... that's the key to success as a pro sports manager. It's so simple. Never worry about your player's egos. Never concern yourself with minor details like clubhouse chemistry. Whenever someone is struggling, ignore anything else but the stats and when they don't like it, tell them to go pound sand...

Joe Torre, Phil Jackson, Chuck Noll, are you listening? cOc has a solution for why you guys have failed to win any championships...

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/mlb/players/65/5019.jpg
"Yeah, so I really wanted to keep my regular turn in the rotation and do my part for the team then cOc gave it to me straight. 'Go pound sand,' he said to me and wow, just like that, it all snapped into place. Immediately, I wanted to run through a wall for this guy and realized my teammates felt the same way because at one time or another this season, many of them had been told the same thing and now we all love cOc to death and know that the turnaround is just around the corner. If only someone had told me to go pound sand a few years ago, I'd probably have another couple Cy Young awards. Damn them... damn them all the HELL..."

voodoochile
05-28-2010, 11:07 PM
In case it wasn't obvious... ^ teal...