PDA

View Full Version : How far the rotation has fallen below expectations

thomas35forever
05-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Here's one reason: only Danks and Buehrle have cracked the top 40 in ERA in the AL thus far and many don't even consider Buehrle our second-best pitcher. With Freddy doing his job, what's it going to take for Peavy and Floyd to get back on the right track, especially Floyd? I'm beginning to think that maybe his 2008 season was a fluke.

PalehosePlanet
05-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Actually Floyd was better last year than in '08, he was just very unlucky with wins and losses. Look at all of the peripheral numbers and you'll see this to be a fact. He's no fluke.

I think a pattern is developing that it's going to take Gavin about 6 weeks to get a feel for his curveball every year. I hope this is not the case but this is two years in a row. The good news is he's looked good lately. I think he'll be going on run now --- pitching well that is, not necessarily wins.

WhiteSoxFTW
05-28-2010, 08:36 PM
After tonight's start by Freddie...I have an opinion on his starts and see if anyone else agrees. I think that he needs 5 days of rest, and cannot pitch effectively with 4. He pitched well after Ozzie/Cooper gave him 5 days rest a few weeks ago. He pitched a short outing on Sunday after 4 days rest and got shellacked by the Marlins for ****'s sake. Then tonight, after that short outing, he pitched effectively.

LITTLE NELL
06-02-2010, 06:17 AM
No doubt they have not lived up to expectations.
After last nights game Buehrle's record since the 05 season is 53-50, the Sox are not getting their moneys worth with him. It may be time to send him on to St. Louis. I'm sure the Cards have some prospects in the minors they would give up for him.

NLaloosh
06-02-2010, 06:35 AM
This is how far:

Hudson should be brought up. Peavy should be sent down.

doublem23
06-02-2010, 07:47 AM
This is how far:

You realize you just can't "send guys down," right? There are rules in the CBA that govern those transactions.

mzh
06-02-2010, 10:42 AM
This is how far:

Yep, that's exactly what we need. $50 Million toiling away at AAA.

SephClone89
06-02-2010, 10:56 AM
This is how far:

:rolleyes:

Noneck
06-02-2010, 01:13 PM
It may be time to send him on to St. Louis. I'm sure the Cards have some prospects in the minors they would give up for him.

The Cards would have to pick up the rest of this years salary which would be about 7-8m. Next years salary would be 15m. A trade would also guarantee Buehrle 15m for 2012.

You think the Cards will give up prospects and take on this kind of salary for a .500 innings eater, when they are trying to sign Pujols? Not going to happen.