PDA

View Full Version : Trade thought

JermaineDye05
05-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Jon Heyman reporting that the Yankees are seeking a hitter and a reliever.

How would you feel about the White Sox somehow working a deal to get Brett Gardner? I think he'd be a perfect fit and I remember hearing that the Sox were looking at him in the offseason. I'd love it if a Bobby Jenks for Gardner straight-up would work but given his struggles, I doubt that would be enough. The Sox could possibly part with Pauly for Gardner with a B prospect and/or reliever in a package.

The thought is to have him replace Juan Pierre as the full time LF and lead-off hitter. Trade Juan at the deadline or offseason.

pythons007
05-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Jon Heyman reporting that the Yankees are seeking a hitter and a reliever.

How would you feel about the White Sox somehow working a deal to get Brett Gardner? I think he'd be a perfect fit and I remember hearing that the Sox were looking at him in the offseason. I'd love it if a Bobby Jenks for Gardner straight-up would work but given his struggles, I doubt that would be enough. The Sox could possibly part with Pauly for Gardner with a B prospect and/or reliever in a package.

The thought is to have him replace Juan Pierre as the full time LF and lead-off hitter. Trade Juan at the deadline or offseason.

I don't think the Yankees are going to trade Gardner at all.

kittle42
05-28-2010, 02:42 PM
I don't think the Yankees are going to trade Gardner at all.

And certainly not straight up for Bobby Jenks.

PalehosePlanet
05-28-2010, 02:50 PM
The Yankees have no other OF'er to play CF. I highly doubt they would be willing to trade anyone off of their current MLB roster.

sox1970
05-28-2010, 02:56 PM
The Sox aren't getting anything for Bobby Jenks ever. He would just be freeing up about 4 million.

If Paulie is involved, they might get a couple good prospects. I doubt it would be anyone off an active roster.

WSox597
05-28-2010, 07:09 PM
If I was Brett Gardner, and heard about this I'd be very upset. Imagine coming from the champion Yankees to the current edition of the White Sox.

The stuff nightmares are made of, I'm sure.

Like most trade rumors and wet dreams on this board, this will come to naught. The Yankees can't be that stupid. That would be Hendry-esque stupid.

Jenks at the present time probably has zero trade value. The proverbial bag o' balls. All we would get in return for him would be the other team's version of Joe Borchard.

TDog
05-28-2010, 07:36 PM
As I understand it, the White Sox talked to the Yankees about Gardner during the offseason, but the Yankees weren't interested in trading him, not for minor leaguers or anyone the White Sox were willing to part with at the major league level anyway.

At this point, I can't imagine the Yankees would give him up for anyone White Sox fans wouldn't mind seeing traded.

Boondock Saint
05-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Why would the Sox trade for yet another outfielder? Does anyone really want to think about what the lineup threads are going to look like when two of Pierre, Quentin, Rios, Jones and Gardner (and Konerko, if you factor in DH) sit on a daily basis?

cws05champ
05-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Thornton and Jones for Jesus Montero...done and done.

DirtySox
05-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Thornton and Jones for Jesus Montero...done and done.

Yes please.