PDA

View Full Version : Biddle... geezus

rwschm_bull
06-19-2002, 11:43 PM
What the @$&! is Manuel thinking he's going to use Biddle in a real save situation??!! Going one inning with a three-run lead is one thing -- coming on with two on, one-out, and the ballgame in your hands -- geezus -- just put it on the board -- the BIG "L"...

I'm listening to the game on the internet, but I've never heard anybody say Biddle is throwing anywhere close to 100% pre-injury -- he's lucky he's not sitting back in Charlotte and Manuel's putting him into games we can't afford to piss-away. This guys a #5 starter -- MAYBE a #4 starter if he gets his act together -- and we're trying to close with the S.O.B.

If we truly burned the bullpen last night to the point that Marte and Osuna couldn't get one out each tonight then it's just another incredible example of a pitching coach and manager misusing an 11-man pitching staff.

Another decent starting performance with absolutely zip to show for it. Every now and then Wright and Garland pull a clunker, but when you blow games late the ripple effect through the clubhouse is tough to overcome. Seattle, NY, and, oh yeah, Minnesota this year aren't blowing games in the 9th....

CubKilla
06-20-2002, 12:38 AM
Don't blame Biddle for this one. The blame should be thrust upon JM and Foulke.

Daver
06-20-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla

Biddle is a starter,not a closer.

Spiff
06-20-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by daver

And your point is...?

Daver
06-20-2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Spiff

And your point is...?

My point was plain,what is your point in posting this?

Spiff
06-20-2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by rwschm_bull
This guys a #5 starter -- MAYBE a #4 starter if he gets his act together -- and we're trying to close with the S.O.B.

Originally posted by CubKilla

OK NOW ARE WE SEEING IT.

lol I don't know if you were trying to argue with someone but nobody said he wasn't a starter to begin with.

KempersRS
06-20-2002, 01:33 AM

My point was plain,what is your point in posting this?

I think it is pretty clear that his point is that HE IS MOCKING YOU BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS FEEL THE NEED TO SAY THAT WHEN IT IS OBVIOUS WHAT THE POINT OF THE POST IS.