PDA

View Full Version : Don't trade.......

LITTLE NELL
05-28-2010, 05:39 AM
Is there anyone on this team you would not trade.
My list is very small, the keepers are:

Danks.... he's our ace
Rios......where would we be without him
Thornton....our bullpen ace
Santos......our soon to be closer
Peavy......good track record, too early to give up on
Floyd......starting to come around

Most of my list is made up of pitchers which says a lot about our offense.

jabrch
05-28-2010, 07:09 AM

Danks.... he's our ace

The only one I wouldn't trade on that list is Santos. The rest are all available in my eyes if the deal is right. Now I can't see us getting fair value for Danks (too good) or Peavy (too bad). Someone would really have to pay BIG to get Thornton, but it has happened before. And if we could potentially turn Rios into multiple top tier MLB ready prospects - I'd surely consider it.

Only Santos, due to his price/skill combo should be untouchable.

edit: I might add TCQ and Beckham since right now we'd have a very hard time getting fair value for them.

All that said, I'm not ready to trade anything yet...

Madvora
05-28-2010, 07:15 AM
I think our rotation was built to be awesome. I just don't know why that's not happening. I wouldn't want to break that up. Things just happen year to year. We know these guys actually are good pitchers, so I expect that to improve next year.

I agree on your list. I really like Rios. He's solid and I'd love to keep him around. Thornton has to be the steal of the century. Turning Joe Borchard into that was just ridiculous. He has been almost flawless his entire time here. There's nothing else you can ask for out of a reliever and he should be kept under all circumstances. Santos could be our future too. I'd like to hold on to him. I'm also in no hurry to get rid of Beckham. What good would that do us? He's young and we've already seen what he can do. The best we'd do is get another young guy with potential. That wouldn't make sense. I believe Beckham will be a good player.

Moses_Scurry
05-28-2010, 07:38 AM
I think Danks is my only completely untouchable. I wouldn't trade Floyd, Peavy, or Buehrle unless I have a plan to replace them next year. Everybody else is available for the right price.

soltrain21
05-28-2010, 07:48 AM
I keep Rios, Thonton, Danks (and lock him up), Beckham and Santos.

pythons007
05-28-2010, 07:58 AM
Peavy
Buehrle
Danks
Floyd
Thornton
Santos

Rios
Beckham
Pierre

I'd much rather keep our players (Konerko, AJ, Jones) and offer arbitration to them and get the picks. I think the picks could be better than anything we get for them.

soltrain21
05-28-2010, 08:35 AM
Peavy
Buehrle
Danks
Floyd
Thornton
Santos

Rios
Beckham
Pierre

I'd much rather keep our players (Konerko, AJ, Jones) and offer arbitration to them and get the picks. I think the picks could be better than anything we get for them.

I'd rather not see them accept arbitration.

Tragg
05-28-2010, 09:04 AM
The only one I wouldn't trade on that list is Santos. The rest are all available in my eyes if the deal is right. Now I can't see us getting fair value for Danks (too good) or Peavy (too bad). Someone would really have to pay BIG to get Thornton, but it has happened before. And if we could potentially turn Rios into multiple top tier MLB ready prospects - I'd surely consider it.

Only Santos, due to his price/skill combo should be untouchable.

I would agree with that, except Danks...you'll never get anywhere if you don't keep players like him.
I agree with you on Thornton. IN the right circumstances, someone might offer to severely overpay for him. And if they do, take it. He's 34, he won't be here forever. Absolutely trade him if we get real prospects for him.

GAsoxfan
05-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Everyone is available for the right price.

pythons007
05-28-2010, 09:12 AM
I'd rather not see them accept arbitration.

That's what I said, offer arbitration, have them turn it down and get the draft picks.

Tragg
05-28-2010, 09:16 AM
That's what I said, offer arbitration, have them turn it down and get the draft picks.
Konerko's taking a pay cut on the open market. So he's just one of those players we're going to plain lose if we keep him because we won't offer him arb. AJ possibly too.
Jones is different.

munchman33
05-28-2010, 09:16 AM

You misunderstand him. There's no way they wouldn't accept. AJ isn't getting $6 million in the free agent market, Paulies not getting $13. They'd accept in a heartbeat. We'd be stuck with them at high costs again.

Jones is not going to net us draft picks. He won't even make a B in the Elias rankings.

mzh
05-28-2010, 09:18 AM
I'm thinking that perhaps if this season really goes deep in to the gutter, now is the time to sell high on Thornton. He's 33, and it's such a crapshoot with even proven solid guys that he could easily completely blow up after 3 straight solid years. If the deal is nice, do it.

russ99
05-28-2010, 09:31 AM
You misunderstand him. There's no way they wouldn't accept. AJ isn't getting $6 million in the free agent market, Paulies not getting $13. They'd accept in a heartbeat. We'd be stuck with them at high costs again.

Jones is not going to net us draft picks. He won't even make a B in the Elias rankings.

I think you're wrong there. A.J. and Paul can and will make that much in FA.

My keepers are: Beckham, Alexei, Teahen (not at 3B), Rios, Peavy, Danks, Santos, Thornton (for 1 more year) and Pena.

Deal everyone else we can, bring up Flowers, Viciedo, Danks and Mitchell (next summer), Hudson, Torres and acquire younger players in the trade/FA market wisely. We can compete next year with a sub-$100M payroll.

soltrain21
05-28-2010, 09:33 AM

How the hell do you see that happening?

russ99
05-28-2010, 09:38 AM
How the hell do you see that happening?

Catching is a commodity, someone would pay that much.

Paul would get that much in the open market based on his production, and unlike Dye is solid defensively. I can't see Paul signing for a Damon-type cut-rate contract.

Also, the recession is lessening, and teams are going to spend again.

munchman33
05-28-2010, 10:21 AM

My keepers are: Beckham, Alexei, Teahen (not at 3B), Rios, Peavy, Danks, Santos, Thornton (for 1 more year) and Pena.

Deal everyone else we can, bring up Flowers, Viciedo, Danks and Mitchell (next summer), Hudson, Torres and acquire younger players in the trade/FA market wisely. We can compete next year with a sub-$100M payroll.

I think if Paulie doesn't take $5-8 million offers early he could wind up taking $1-2 million. AJ might come close to his amount being a catcher, but he'll need to start hitting first.

DirtySox
05-28-2010, 10:23 AM
I think if Paulie doesn't take $5-8 million offers early he could wind up taking $1-2 million. AJ might come close to his amount being a catcher, but he'll need to start hitting first.

Absolutely. Not a chance in hell that Paulie makes anywhere close to 13 million in free agency.

munchman33
05-28-2010, 10:25 AM

Paul would get that much in the open market based on his production, and unlike Dye is solid defensively. I can't see Paul signing for a Damon-type cut-rate contract.

The myth that Paulie is good defensively is held only by White Sox fans. He's good at picking, and that's important. But he's also got abysmal range. Most teams would DH him if they could.

slavko
05-28-2010, 10:49 AM
I think our rotation was built to be awesome. I just don't know why that's not happening. I wouldn't want to break that up. Things just happen year to year. We know these guys actually are good pitchers, so I expect that to improve next year.

I agree on your list. I really like Rios. He's solid and I'd love to keep him around. Thornton has to be the steal of the century. Turning Joe Borchard into that was just ridiculous. He has been almost flawless his entire time here. There's nothing else you can ask for out of a reliever and he should be kept under all circumstances. Santos could be our future too. I'd like to hold on to him. I'm also in no hurry to get rid of Beckham. What good would that do us? He's young and we've already seen what he can do. The best we'd do is get another young guy with potential. That wouldn't make sense. I believe Beckham will be a good player.

Like closing? Which he's not good at? He's the most tradable piece here in terms of what you could get. My only keeper is Santos.

Sargeant79
05-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Anyone is tradeable for the right price.

Craig Grebeck
05-28-2010, 11:37 AM

Being a catcher and being a good catcher are not the same thing.

VMSNS
05-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Keep...

-Peavy
-Danks
-Floyd
-Santos
-Beckham
-Rios

Even though I love them, I'd be willing to trade Thornton and Buehrle if the price is right, or someone will overpay for them. Some teams may be interested in Garcia (if he continues to pitch well) and Quentin, and I'd bet that other teams have their eyes on Paulie and AJ.

Everyone else can go, as for as I'm concerned.

Madvora
05-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Like closing? Which he's not good at? He's the most tradable piece here in terms of what you could get. My only keeper is Santos.
I'm not sure of his performance as a closer, but you definitely need more than one guy in your bullpen that can pitch if you expect to win games. He's as good as it gets and you can do nothing but downgrade by losing him.
I'm not aware of his chances in the closer role. How many times has he done that?

GAsoxfan
05-28-2010, 12:15 PM

If by "compete", you mean for the #1 pick in 2012, then yes. If you mean on the field, then no way in hell. Danks and Flowers are struggling to hit AAA pitching and that will give Mitchell (a universally acknowledged project) only a few months of minor league ball.

If that's the route the Sox choose to go, then so be it, but there's no way they could spin it as competing.

34 Inch Stick
05-28-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm thinking that perhaps if this season really goes deep in to the gutter, now is the time to sell high on Thornton. He's 33, and it's such a crapshoot with even proven solid guys that he could easily completely blow up after 3 straight solid years. If the deal is nice, do it.

Yeah, I look at a Scott Shields type of situation at some point.

The one person I think who absolutely needs to be unloaded is Linebrink. Before last night, I started thinking it would be a real possiblity. He was bringing his ERA down to 3 and having another good first half. I thought maybe someone would figure they would only have to live with one more year at 4 million and that he would be helpful on a playoff run. Now, I'm not so sure. Still Linebrink is better than most of what the Phillies throw out there in the middle-late innings.

SoxSpeed22
05-28-2010, 01:18 PM
I see Peavy's contract being difficult to unload, same with Rios(even though he is probably the most important guy we have now, so not trading him).
There are always teams that can use bullpen help. Linebrink and Jenks (if he gets better) should be the first to go. I assume the Sox will have to eat some of Linebrink's money. Danks will be able to get the most back, but that's only if he absolutely refuses to play here next year, which I don't see happening.
If the Cardinals are willing to pay up for Buehrle, that could work too(since I think the Cards are the only team he would waive his NTC for). But he would have to get better this year. Thornton will get a lot back, but he is part of moving forward.
For the hitters, Paulie can help a lot of different teams who could use more power and a solid defensive first baseman. AJ can help out a team with a young pitching staff. Other than that, I don't see much else.

Slappy
05-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Gavin "The Human Rolleycoaster" Floyd? No thank you.

I'd def want to hang onto Danks, Rios, Santos.

Maybes: Beckham, Alexei, Pena.

And if you count Jared Mitchell, him too.

LoveYourSuit
05-28-2010, 02:37 PM
All this Rios love after two months is crazy talk.

I'd trade him in a heartbeat also. That's a massive contract to keep on holding, especially if we are looking to re-build.

LITTLE NELL
05-28-2010, 03:06 PM
All this Rios love after two months is crazy talk.

I'd trade him in a heartbeat also. That's a massive contract to keep on holding, especially if we are looking to re-build.

Our track record with centerfielders since Rowand left has not been too good. Rios is a solid ballplayer, not a franchise player but someone you could start to rebuild with.

WhiteSoxFTW
05-28-2010, 03:37 PM
I keep Rios, Thonton, Danks (and lock him up), Beckham and Santos.

I heard this on the Mully & Hanley show the other morning, though I'm not sure who said it. They thought it was very interesting that Floyd was quick to sign a long term deal for less money, but Danks was willing to just take the 1-year tender. I was more of a "I'll show you how much I'm worth" kind of move they thought.

If he continues pitching like this all year, it's going to pay off in $$ for him.

y2j2785
05-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Anyone is available for the right price.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/uploads/1/ted.jpg
"Everyone has a price for the million dollar man!"

WhiteSoxJunkie
05-30-2010, 09:46 PM
I would keep:

Peavy
Danks
Buehrle
Santos
Thornton
Beckham
Rios
Konerko(with the hopes of re-signing him in the offseason)

JermaineDye05
05-30-2010, 09:50 PM
I would keep Danks. However, I think you could get a lot for him. For the right price, I'd trade Johnny.

I'd keep Beckham, Peavy, Santos, Rios.

Everyone else:

C6RU5y2fU6s

WhiteSox5187
05-30-2010, 10:07 PM
If we get to the point where we are going to give up not just on the season but on the idea of contending with vets and go for completely rebuilding the only guys I wouldn't trade are Danks, Beckham and Santos. I'm tempted to include Rios onto that list, but he has a big contract and honestly would probably get us the best haul.

Also if we decide to completely rebuild, Ozzie and Kenny need to go.

A. Cavatica
05-31-2010, 10:32 AM
Our track record with centerfielders since Rowand left has not been too good. Rios is a solid ballplayer, not a franchise player but someone you could start to rebuild with.

Don't trade........

Rowand.

Frankfan4life
06-02-2010, 02:49 PM
My keepers:

Konerko
A.J.
Rios
Castro
Santos
Danks
Peavy
Garcia
Thornton

I think the hitters are solid either offensively, defensively or both (or cheap) and the pitchers are consistently good or can be.

khan
06-02-2010, 03:30 PM
I don't think there are very many untouchables in this crappy roster. Perhaps one or two players out of the 25 have DEFINITELY earned/RE-earned their spot for 2011, outside of those "untradable" contracts.

IMO, KW should trade each any every piece that brings back good-to-great return. If that means that so-called "fan favorites" have to be shipped out, so be it.

The SOX are entering a transition period that they have not been in for the better part of a decade. The team is now old, expensive, bad, with few-to-no viable options in the minors. It is time for a re-boot of the entire roster.

soltrain21
06-02-2010, 03:36 PM
My keepers:

Konerko
A.J.
Rios
Castro
Santos
Danks
Peavy
Garcia
Thornton

I think the hitters are solid either offensively, defensively or both (or cheap) and the pitchers are consistently good or can be.

You want an old, bad team.

SephClone89
06-02-2010, 04:38 PM
You want an old, bad team.

Though I don't agree with his list at all...

Castro is the only "bad" player of those.

soltrain21
06-02-2010, 04:43 PM

Castro is the only "bad" player of those.

But why keep any of those guys around (minus Santos and Danks)? We are in the exact same place we would be now. Getting older.

The White Sox need to realize they can't rebuild and compete at the same time, and their half assed approach to both isn't working.

tsoxman
06-02-2010, 05:03 PM
I would keep Danks. However, I think you could get a lot for him. For the right price, I'd trade Johnny.

I'd keep Beckham, Peavy, Santos, Rios.

Everyone else:

C6RU5y2fU6s
If this team is going to suck for a couple of years, and we are stuck with the Peavy money )for two more years plaus a buyout), it may be very difficult to sign Danks long term.

doublem23
06-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Danks, Floyd, Santos, Quentin, Bacon... Buehrle, Peavy, and Thornton are tradeable but only if the price is right. Everyone else can get the **** out.

Frankfan4life
06-02-2010, 10:02 PM
You want an old, bad team.No, I don't. Old doesn't necessarily mean bad. Jeter and ARod are older than AJ and Paulie but no one is talking about putting them out to pasture. I can't think of one team that doesn't need veteran leadership. Garcia has been solid in the five spot and he could go to the pen if need be. Konerko is a very good defensive player who still has some pop in his bat. AJ has always been a good offensive player but I admit he's not having a good year. I'm not sure by what standard you consider Danks, Peavy, Rios (have you checked his stolen base totals lately) and Santos to be old. Castro...? okay, you got me there.

Frankfan4life
06-02-2010, 10:31 PM

Castro is the only "bad" player of those.It's not "his" list. It's her list.

But why keep any of those guys around (minus Santos and Danks)? We are in the exact same place we would be now. Getting older.

The White Sox need to realize they can't rebuild and compete at the same time, and their half assed approach to both isn't working.Maybe it's just me but I don't consider being 35 years of age to be old. Because of modern medicine, strength and conditioning, good nutrition, players can be effective a lot longer.

sox1970
06-02-2010, 10:37 PM
I keep Danks, Santos, and Beckham.

I listen on everyone else.

Players I'd prefer to be gone after July 31 either by them being bad or valuable in trades: Konerko, Pierzynski, Jones, Vizquel, Garcia, Putz, Linebrink, and Jenks.

Who cares category: Nix, Castro, Williams

WhiteSox5187
06-02-2010, 11:05 PM
It's not "his" list. It's her list.

Maybe it's just me but I don't consider being 35 years of age to be old. Because of modern medicine, strength and conditioning, good nutrition, players can be effective a lot longer.

This was true during the steroid era, but in every era before and really since then, there is a bit of a drop off after 35. There are exceptions of course, but, I would say 90% people at 35 are near close to the end.

CPditka
06-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Keep:

Danks, Beckham, Peavy, Rios, Santos

Maybes:

Konerko, MB?, TCQ (only b/c you probably cant get value for him, same as Peavy above), Alexei (I could go either way on him, but theres no one else to play SS), Pena

Tradable Assets:

Thorton, AJ, Floyd (put him in the NL and he would be a stud), Freddy, Bobby, Trading anyone else would either be a salary dump, or Kenny being a better trader than I give him credit for.

Everyone else is very available. We REALLY NEED to restock the minors. At some point you have to evaluate the team, if you cant win it this year, you need to put yourself in a better position next year and so on.

Possible trade partner:
Florida Marlins -- Have an abundance of OF's with them bringing up Stanton. They are looking at platooning Coglhan and Maybin. Maybin seems like a good buy low candidate, and better leadoff man than scrappy Pierre. Coglhan would have a place on our squad as well. Possibly send them Floyd. I see this being a lot like the rays/twins deal for garza/d. young.

russ99
06-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Keep:

Danks, Beckham, Peavy, Rios, Santos

Maybes:

Konerko, MB?, TCQ (only b/c you probably cant get value for him, same as Peavy above), Alexei (I could go either way on him, but theres no one else to play SS), Pena

Tradable Assets:

Thorton, AJ, Floyd (put him in the NL and he would be a stud), Freddy, Bobby, Trading anyone else would either be a salary dump, or Kenny being a better trader than I give him credit for.

Everyone else is very available. We REALLY NEED to restock the minors. At some point you have to evaluate the team, if you cant win it this year, you need to put yourself in a better position next year and so on.

Possible trade partner:
Florida Marlins -- Have an abundance of OF's with them bringing up Stanton. They are looking at platooning Coglhan and Maybin. Maybin seems like a good buy low candidate, and better leadoff man than scrappy Pierre. Coglhan would have a place on our squad as well. Possibly send them Floyd. I see this being a lot like the rays/twins deal for garza/d. young.

I'd hold on to Thornton. He's going to be below-market value for another year, so no need to deal him a year early, unless the return is fantastic.

I'd also consider dealing Danks, but not because of his performance. He and his agent are playing hardball on contract extensions, so since we'll lose him eventually, I'm not opposed to dealing him now when his trade value is the highest. IMO, we could get a Haren-like haul for him.

PalehosePlanet
06-03-2010, 10:31 AM
I'd hold on to Thornton. He's going to be below-market value for another year, so no need to deal him a year early, unless the return is fantastic.

I'd also consider dealing Danks, but not because of his performance. He and his agent are playing hardball on contract extensions, so since we'll lose him eventually, I'm not opposed to dealing him now when his trade value is the highest. IMO, we could get a Haren-like haul for him.

I also have a feeling Danks will be hard to sign. Young successful left-handers are a premium asset. I would only trade him for a Matt Kemp/Mark Reynolds type of return.

Also, I would not trade low on players like Beckham or Q.

Lastly, we need Bobby to start closing again to build his trade value. If he starts pitching well again before the deadline someone will become desperate and at least take his contract off of our hands. I'm not expecting a real prospect in return.

russ99
06-03-2010, 10:47 AM
I also have a feeling Danks will be hard to sign. Young successful left-handers are a premium asset. I would only trade him for a Matt Kemp/Mark Reynolds type of return.

Also, I would not trade low on players like Beckham or Q.

Lastly, we need Bobby to start closing again to build his trade value. If he starts pitching well again before the deadline someone will become desperate and at least take his contract off of our hands. I'm not expecting a real prospect in return.

Carlos is the big mystery. If he can even show glimmers of what he was in 2008, he'd be an absolute keeper on potential alone.

But he's completely lost in a mental funk. Maybe we should wait until Walker is shown the door and see if he responds to a new approach before thinking about selling low on him.

khan
06-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Carlos is the big mystery. If he can even show glimmers of what he was in 2008, he'd be an absolute keeper on potential alone.
Two things:

1. While I'd love to believe this, I'm starting to think that 2008 was to Carlos Quentin as 1996 was to Brady Anderson. [And I absolutely HATE thinking this way.]

I WANT Quentin to be able to carry this team. But then, I also wanted Ron Kittle to be able to carry the team in 1984 and beyond.

2. "If" is not a plan. It is a hope. While I also hope that Carlos Quentin can re-discover the magic potion that made him a good hitter for part of 2008, I would prefer that the SOX plan for him continuing to be the .250 hitter he's been since arriving in MLB.

This way, "IF" Quentin is actually good at baseball, the organization will be better-positioned to win. "IF" not, the organization will STILL be better-positioned to win than it is right now.

But he's completely lost in a mental funk. Maybe we should wait until Walker is shown the door and see if he responds to a new approach before thinking about selling low on him.
How do you KNOW he's in a "mental funk?" What if he is what he's shown to be: A career .250 hitter who can't play defense or run, who is also a china doll?

I don't support selling low on yet another player, be it Quentin or whomever in the roster. I don't think he would return anything of use right now. BUT, if I were the organization, I would start planning to find an actual power-hitting OF that can play defense as well, should Quentin not re-discover his purported hitting abilities.

Frankfan4life
06-03-2010, 03:28 PM
This was true during the steroid era, but in every era before and really since then, there is a bit of a drop off after 35. There are exceptions of course, but, I would say 90% people at 35 are near close to the end.I think steroids made players stronger but not necessarily better.

There is a slight drop-off after age 35 but a lot of older players who may have lost a step have learned to play smarter by using positioning, knowledge of batters, pitchers, etc. to compensate. I'm against fielding a young team without a few solid, experienced veterans, especially those who have the temperament and patience to teach and lead by example.

Frater Perdurabo
06-03-2010, 07:07 PM
I WANT Quentin to be able to carry this team. But then, I also wanted Ron Kittle to be able to carry the team in 1984 and beyond.

This is an astute comparison.

Rikirk
06-03-2010, 08:50 PM
At this point the only one I say keep with all certainty is Alex Rios.
Maybe Konerko.
I wont comment on pitching cus Im not knowledgeable in this aspect.

soxfanreggie
06-05-2010, 12:08 PM

Danks.... he's our ace

There is nobody on the team I wouldn't listen to a trade for. When I look at a majority of our roster, we wouldn't get an equal return (if someone wants to overpay us for one of our guys, I'm not opposed to it).

If you gave me three players to build around right now: Danks, Thornton, and Rios. I don't think Bacon is going to continue to hit like he is the remainder of his career, but I'm not sure how quickly things will come around with him.

If Rios keeps his production where it is, he's going to be worth what we're paying him. He's going to cost us a minimum of $50 million though over the next 4 seasons, as his pay shoots up after this year's campaign. Besides Rios and PK, we've got squat on offense right now.

Looking at our pitching staff, Danks is throwing the ball well this year, but he's having a Burls-type season when MB had great stats but the win column didn't match those stats. Too bad he didn't agree to a contract like Gavin, he's going to cost us more money when he does agree to his first long-term contract. Looking at some other contracts, Quentin's season has cost him big time. I'd like to re-sign PK for another couple of years, but I'm not sure what type of deal he'll be looking for.

Craig Grebeck
06-05-2010, 12:27 PM
There is nobody on the team I wouldn't listen to a trade for. When I look at a majority of our roster, we wouldn't get an equal return (if someone wants to overpay us for one of our guys, I'm not opposed to it).

If you gave me three players to build around right now: Danks, Thornton, and Rios. I don't think Bacon is going to continue to hit like he is the remainder of his career, but I'm not sure how quickly things will come around with him.

If Rios keeps his production where it is, he's going to be worth what we're paying him. He's going to cost us a minimum of $50 million though over the next 4 seasons, as his pay shoots up after this year's campaign. Besides Rios and PK, we've got squat on offense right now.

Looking at our pitching staff, Danks is throwing the ball well this year, but he's having a Burls-type season when MB had great stats but the win column didn't match those stats. Too bad he didn't agree to a contract like Gavin, he's going to cost us more money when he does agree to his first long-term contract. Looking at some other contracts, Quentin's season has cost him big time. I'd like to re-sign PK for another couple of years, but I'm not sure what type of deal he'll be looking for.
Why on earth do you build around Thornton?