PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 'Not Many Rays Of Hope Here' White Sox vs TB 5/27 Postgame Thread

soxinem1
05-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Floyd pitched well again, but a small handfull of hits, again, will not get it done.

Neimann has to get some credit, though. He's been pitching like an ace.

And Blalock has been a nice addition for them. Maybe being in AAA for a bit made him hungry to play ball again.

TB fans are asswipes. Best record in MLB, one of the most talented and fun teams to watch, and plenty to be excited about....... :smile:

And there's about 14,000 fans there.:?:

What do they need to come out?:scratch:

thomas35forever
05-27-2010, 09:40 PM
Discuss, bitch, etc.

mzh
Discuss... Big Game Freddy tomorrow :P

GoGoCrede
Not a great start. But frankly, Gavin was a lot better than he's been lately. That was really encouraging. He deserved better.

Frater Perdurabo
05-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Jones is having an awful month. He's hitting .217 in May.

Of course, Beckham has been worse.

This offense is brutal.

SI1020
05-27-2010, 09:44 PM

This offense is brutal. 10 for 64 in the last two games alone. They even managed to win one of them.

Rikirk
05-27-2010, 09:44 PM
I like this thread title,....the game, not so much.

LoveYourSuit
05-27-2010, 09:45 PM

This offense is brutal.

Paulie too.

LoveYourSuit
05-27-2010, 09:58 PM
The Sox lost and we have 5 posts :scratch:

sox1970
05-27-2010, 10:00 PM

Gotta pace ourselves. It's going to be a long series.

WhiteSox5187
05-27-2010, 10:00 PM
We're not a great team. It's as simple as that.

GoGoCrede
05-27-2010, 10:02 PM

Must be a crazy fluke.

Crede24Thome25
05-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Paulie too.
Paulie strikes out on the same pitch every time, breaking ball in the dirt. One thing to say I really hate Teahen.:angry:

GoGoCrede
05-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Paulie strikes out on the same pitch every time, breaking ball in the dirt. One thing to say I really hate Teahen.:angry:

Teahen was our offense tonight.

Crede24Thome25
05-27-2010, 10:04 PM
Teahen was our offense tonight.
I honestly don't care, I probably won't ever like him no matter what he does.

SephClone89
05-27-2010, 10:04 PM

I understand your frustration, but:

1) I'm not sure he would have been able to get anyone out even if he'd fielded that ball.
2) Without him, we get shut out tonight.

Crede24Thome25
05-27-2010, 10:05 PM
I understand your frustration, but:

1) I'm not sure he would have been able to get anyone out even if he'd fielded that ball.
2) Without him, we get shut out tonight.

Im not saying that play along brought me to dislike him, I just flat out don't like him.
Probably a carry over from his royals days, I just hate him.

Hitmen77
05-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Back to reality now that we're not playing a mediocre team.

This offense is brutal.

All we need for DH is Kotsay and Jones: 2010, Ozzie Guillen

People don't care anymore? :dunno:

Dan H
05-27-2010, 10:19 PM
You like to give the opposing pitcher credit, but in three losses this week the Sox have scored 0, 1. and 2 runs. That says a great deal.

It has been a long time since I have been this depressed about a White Sox team. They just don't show much life. If this season continues this way, I see no reason to keep Williams and Guillen. This franchise needs some serious change. Might as well start with management since nothing will or can be done about the owner.

A. Cavatica
05-27-2010, 10:27 PM
People don't care anymore? :dunno:

I know I don't.

This team started to smell in the second half of 2006. Time to flush.

chisox12
05-27-2010, 10:31 PM
You like to give the opposing pitcher credit, but in three losses this week the Sox have scored 0, 1. and 2 runs. That says a great deal.

It has been a long time since I have been this depressed about a White Sox team. They just don't show much life. If this season continues this way, I see no reason to keep Williams and Guillen. This franchise needs some serious change. Might as well start with management since nothing will or can be done about the owner.

I agree. I can't remember being this down on a Sox team in awhile.

LoveYourSuit
05-27-2010, 10:36 PM
I agree. I can't remember being this down on a Sox team in awhile.

I honestly don't remember any of the Jerry Manuel teams being this bad.

Or is it becuase of the expectations on this team that things feel this bad?

I don't know.

I guess any Frank Thomas team to me was a joy to watch.

Hegewisch
05-27-2010, 10:37 PM
The comments on this thread speak soundly. I just still hope something will click..........:redface:

Frankfan4life
05-27-2010, 10:48 PM
Floyd pitched well again, but a small handfull of hits, again, will not get it done.

Neimann has to get some credit, though. He's been pitching like an ace.

And Blalock has been a nice addition for them. Maybe being in AAA for a bit made him hungry to play ball again.

TB fans are asswipes. Best record in MLB, one of the most talented and fun teams to watch, and plenty to be excited about....... :smile:

And there's about 14,000 fans there. :?:

What do they need to come out? :scratch:Unfortunately, some of the fans in attendance today were Sox fans like me and I've got tickets for the next three games. What a crapfest!! Right now, all I can say is I'm looking forward to the Hall and Oates concert on Saturday.

LoveYourSuit
05-27-2010, 10:51 PM
[/B]Unfortunately, some of the fans in attendance today were Sox fans like me and I've got tickets for the next three games. What a crapfest!! Right now, all I can say is I'm looking forward to the Hall and Oates concert on Saturday.

I cancelled my trip because of fear of the oil spil hitting the shores of St. Pete.

Or I would be there suffering thru this series too.

soxinem1
05-27-2010, 11:05 PM
I cancelled my trip because of fear of the oil spil hitting the shores of St. Pete.

Or I would be there suffering thru this series too.

The 2010 White Sox are polluting a lot of areas around the country thus far.

Brian26
05-27-2010, 11:10 PM

And there's about 14,000 fans there.:?:

What do they need to come out?:scratch:

It will make for a good story a decade from now when the team is in shambles and MLB has to try to figure out what to do with the franchise, much like what happened to the Montreal Expos after the '94 strike. I have more empathy for the Expos.

No surprise, really, that the cowbell from the 2008 playoffs is nowhere to be found now.

Marqhead
05-27-2010, 11:10 PM
[/B]Unfortunately, some of the fans in attendance today were Sox fans like me and I've got tickets for the next three games. What a crapfest!! Right now, all I can say is I'm looking forward to the Hall and Oates concert on Saturday.

Say It Isn't So. Watching this team is starting to hurt my Private Eyes. This team is Out of Touch on offense and defense, It's a Laugh. The Sox might think I'm going to sit through 4 more months of losing baseball, well I Can't Go for That (No Can Do). As for our chances at the division? She's Gone.

GoGoCrede
05-27-2010, 11:13 PM
This game: Noooo. (http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/)
(I really just wanted an excuse to use this link).

Brian26
05-27-2010, 11:14 PM
Say It Isn't So. Watching this team is starting to hurt my Private Eyes. This team is Out of Touch on offense and defense, It's a Laugh. The Sox might think I'm going to sit through 4 more months of losing baseball, well I Can't Go for That (No Can Do). As for our chances at the division? She's Gone.

You win the thread.

:thumbsup:

My only thought was that she'll probably see more hits from Hall & Oates than the entire Sox offense on Saturday.

Frankfan4life
05-27-2010, 11:14 PM

Or I would be there suffering thru this series too.Fortunately, there's no sign of the oil spill hitting the shores of St. Pete. This is totally a lot more serious problem than White Sox baseball. I hope the spill will be contained soon but so much damage has already been done.

hi im skot
05-27-2010, 11:17 PM

http://www.hypeful.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/jstachesdfsdfdszzzsfdf.jpg

This guy approves.

Frankfan4life
05-27-2010, 11:21 PM

You win the thread.

My only thought was that she'll probably see more hits from Hall & Oates than the entire Sox offense on Saturday.:redneck

kittle42
05-28-2010, 01:19 AM
"Oh, look, they won a few in a row...they can do it!" = Fans of any, *any*, MLB team.

kittle42
05-28-2010, 01:20 AM
"Oh, look, they won a few in a row...they can do it!" = Fans of any, *any*, MLB team.

Also quoted above, jabrch.

Jurr
05-28-2010, 01:58 AM
Though I don't believe it possible, I shudder to think what would happen on this board of the Sox come out and win the next two days.

The Rays are damn good.

october23sp
05-28-2010, 02:50 AM
We just are not good.

BadBobbyJenks
05-28-2010, 05:50 AM
Better team beat us.

LITTLE NELL
05-28-2010, 06:19 AM
I've never seen a team swing at so many bad pitches. These guys have no clue at the plate. The Tampa TV guys were saying that a lot of the Sox will swing at anything. I'm really down on Alexei, year by year he is regressing. Come July, a lot of these guys are out of here.

ndgt10
05-28-2010, 07:28 AM
Not even 1 page in the postgame thread. I guess pretty much everyone has given up on this season. And I'm not saying they shouldn't have!

ndgt10
05-28-2010, 07:30 AM
Though I don't believe it possible, I shudder to think what would happen on this board of the Sox come out and win the next two days.

The Rays are damn good.

The Rays did just get their brains bashed in by the sox.

wassagstdu
05-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Beckham looked a bit better. Swinging more like 2009.

FielderJones
05-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Whatever you do, don't tip your hat to Niemann. The undefeated record and sub-3 ERA are complete illusions. Every one of the teams he's beaten is a bum team. The Sox are bums. Ozzie is a bum. Walker is a bum. Kenny is a bum. Reinsdorf is cheap with the smallest payroll in MLB.

WhiteSox1989
05-28-2010, 11:01 AM
IF they win the next two, I won't be freaking out.

If they don't, well then, that sucks.

harwar
05-28-2010, 11:05 AM
IF they win the next two, I won't be freaking out.

If they don't, well then, that sucks.

i didn't actually expect them to do all that well down in tampa .. win one game, maybe two .. however; I do expect them to win quite a few series in the month of june .. anyway it was nice to see Gavin Floyd pitch well .. i have been following both he and Sergio Santos for years .. Jared Mitchell is another .. can't wait for him to start playing again this fall ..

soltrain21
05-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Whatever you do, don't tip your hat to Niemann. The undefeated record and sub-3 ERA are complete illusions. Every one of the teams he's beaten is a bum team. The Sox are bums. Ozzie is a bum. Walker is a bum. Kenny is a bum. Reinsdorf is cheap with the smallest payroll in MLB.

Getting beat by a good pitcher doesn't take anything away from the fact that this team ****ing blows and, more often than not, get beat by pitchers who suck.

tstrike2000
05-28-2010, 11:40 AM

Unfortunately, watching Teahen charge slow rollers to third is hard to watch, too and anything hit really hard to him is a maneater.

Marqhead
05-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Unfortunately, watching Teahen charge slow rollers to third is hard to watch, too and anything hit really hard to him is a maneater.

I was trying to think of a way to work that in.

asindc
05-28-2010, 05:42 PM
The Rays did just get their brains bashed in by the sox.

No they didn't.

asindc
05-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Getting beat by a good pitcher doesn't take anything away from the fact that this team ****ing blows and, more often than not, get beat by pitchers who suck.

What does that have to do with this particular game?

soltrain21
05-28-2010, 06:07 PM
What does that have to do with this particular game?

Did you read what I quoted?

asindc
05-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Did you read what I quoted?

I did. The griping in this thread about being beat by a good pitcher is indistinguishable from the griping about being beat by mediocre pitchers.