PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest White Sox

PhillipsBubba
05-27-2010, 06:46 PM
Mark Kotsay gets my vote. You'd think a veteran would have learned how to run the bases by now. Brain cramp in Cleveland, another in Tampa.

http://airfresh.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/jim-carrey-dumb-dumber-c10102378-jpeg.jpg

WhiteSox5187
05-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Carlos Lee was not exactly a savy baseball player. He LOVED trying to steal third with two outs as I recall.

Rohan
05-27-2010, 07:15 PM
I don't think two brain cramps warrant the title of the dumbest player of an organization with a 100 year history. Scott Podsednik made several mistakes on the base pads last year. Alexei Ramirez makes several mistakes playing the field every season.

voodoochile
05-27-2010, 07:22 PM
:threadsucks:

Rohan
05-27-2010, 07:24 PM
:threadsucks:

+1
Our hottest hitter in the last week and future MLB manager is far from stupid.

A. Cavatica
05-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Too easy.

Bobby Thigpen
05-27-2010, 10:18 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/mlb/players/65/3420.jpg

SBSoxFan
05-27-2010, 10:28 PM
Joe Jackson? :dunno:

SephClone89
05-27-2010, 11:02 PM
joe jackson? :dunno:

:d:

Madvora
05-28-2010, 07:25 AM
One guy that stood out as an idiot to me on the basepaths was Magglio Ordoņez.

soxfanatlanta
05-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Bevington

I've eaten cheeseburgers smarter than him.

Risk
05-28-2010, 08:05 AM
D'Angelo Jimenez or maybe Jaime Navarro for players.

As for manager, "Boom-Boom" Bevington.

Risk

bigdommer
05-28-2010, 08:10 AM
D'Angelo Jimenez

Risk

Not sure if Jimenez was dumb or if he just didn't care. Either way, I hated him, with the exception of a walk-off single against the Cubs.

white sox bill
05-28-2010, 08:18 AM
The Dibber--Jerry Dybzinski for his base running blunder in the 83 playoffs. It he is smart, he sure didn't show it there

Railsplitter
05-28-2010, 10:06 AM
Jaime Navarro

Navarro is the only pitcher to give up three rooftop homers in Tiger Stadium, and he never played for Detroit.

wassagstdu
05-28-2010, 11:43 AM
As a shortstop, Alexei Ramirez is as dumb as Ozzie Guillen was smart.

WhiteSoxJunkie
05-30-2010, 09:51 PM
As a shortstop, Alexei Ramirez is as dumb as Ozzie Guillen was smart.

Yet Ozzie isn't smart enough to help Alexei fix the defensive mistakes he constantly makes.

WhiteSox5187
05-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Yet Ozzie isn't smart enough to help Alexei fix the defensive mistakes he constantly makes.

He has improved by leaps and bounds this year defensively, but since there is no real good stat to measure that you have to watch the games, and on top of that since so much of his improvement has been in his positioning it's hard to see that while watching the game on TV.

mzh
05-30-2010, 10:27 PM
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/22/s_0a398cd118d8e766c5790e644f831c72.jpg
"My header is up there with Pele!"

Sam Spade
05-30-2010, 10:35 PM
Carl Edward Everett III.

Rohan
05-31-2010, 12:34 AM
Carl Edward Everett III.

On what basis? :scratch:

Sam Spade
05-31-2010, 01:08 AM
On what basis? :scratch:
By his outright denying of what I consider scientific fact. He also buys into conspiracy theories, like people fabricating dinosaur bones and various fossils to deny God. He doesn't believe we landed on the moon like so many other mutton heads. I just don't think he is very bright.

voodoochile
05-31-2010, 01:14 AM
By his outright denying of what I consider scientific fact. He also buys into conspiracy theories, like people fabricating dinosaur bones and various fossils to deny God. He doesn't believe we landed on the moon like so many other mutton heads. I just don't think he is very bright.

And some of those topics get into religion and politics which we ask people not to talk about on these forums. I'd suggest you take it to PI, but it's in the process of being rebuilt with different forum software, so for the moment it's not available.

Still, like it or not those topics have become both politically and religiously charged so it's better to simply walk away.

dickallen15
05-31-2010, 02:56 AM
He has improved by leaps and bounds this year defensively, but since there is no real good stat to measure that you have to watch the games, and on top of that since so much of his improvement has been in his positioning it's hard to see that while watching the game on TV.
His positioning is still terrible. He gets ripped by Hawk and Stone almost every game. If Ozzie and Vizquel can't help him, I don't think anyone can. He's just not a smart player. He has a lot of ability, and will dazzle you from time to time, but the Sox have missed out on several DPs because of his reluctance to get into traffic at 2B, and have lost out on a few caught stealings because he takes the throw so far in front of the bag. He's also dumb at the plate. Teahen with a leadoff double yesterday. Alexei up next grounds out to SS not advancing the runner. No one was surprised that A. the job wasn't done, and B. the job wasn't even attempted.

soxrme
05-31-2010, 10:28 AM
My vote goes to Cox the third base coach. On that play Kotsay was thrown out at third he looked at the coach when he was coming to 2nd, Cox must have waved him on and we saw the result.

Bucky F. Dent
05-31-2010, 01:42 PM
Bevington

I've eaten cheeseburgers smarter than him.

:)winner, winner, chicken dinner :)

Madscout
06-01-2010, 10:49 PM
His positioning is still terrible. He gets ripped by Hawk and Stone almost every game. If Ozzie and Vizquel can't help him, I don't think anyone can. He's just not a smart player. He has a lot of ability, and will dazzle you from time to time, but the Sox have missed out on several DPs because of his reluctance to get into traffic at 2B, and have lost out on a few caught stealings because he takes the throw so far in front of the bag. He's also dumb at the plate. Teahen with a leadoff double yesterday. Alexei up next grounds out to SS not advancing the runner. No one was surprised that A. the job wasn't done, and B. the job wasn't even attempted.

You forgot to mention that he routinely comes up swinging away after 4 and 5 pitch walks.

WhiteSox5187
06-01-2010, 11:22 PM

They ripped on his positioning last year, but I haven't heard a peep about it this year from Hawk and Stone.