PDA

View Full Version : Smoque BBQ coming to U.S. Cellular Field

BeeBeeRichard
05-27-2010, 04:33 PM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/05/smoque-bbq-coming-to-us-cellular-field.html

Surprising, because I've heard that the owner(s)--particularly Barry the seatmaster--are very focused on overseeing quality control personally. A booth at the ballpark would seem to present more challenges in that regard vs. a second traditional location, though it will be simpler since it's only a part-time outpost.

WhiteSoxFTW
05-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Only in the club level (300), though.

Slappy
05-27-2010, 04:40 PM
That's good news. Do they even have any good BBQ at the Cell already? I've never had much else besides a brat or hot dog. I think I've only been to Smoque once, and while it was good, I wasn't blown away like some. I prefer Honkey Tonk in Pilsen.

Is it just one booth at the Cell? I don't think that'd pose much of a problem. Looking at how many people they have to deal with coming in daily at the restaurant, they'd probably be prepared for it.

DirtySox
05-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Yum. Love me some brisket.

hi im skot
05-27-2010, 10:14 PM
:thumbsup:

GoGoCrede
05-27-2010, 10:16 PM

Damn. :(:

Marqhead
05-27-2010, 10:18 PM
Any ideas on what items they'll be serving? I've never been there (or even heard of it) but more BBQ is always a good thing.

If they've got a decent pulled pork I'll be happy. :cool:

GoGoCrede
05-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Any ideas on what items they'll be serving? I've never been there (or even heard of it) but more BBQ is always a good thing.

If they've got a decent pulled pork I'll be happy. :cool:

I thought there was already a pulled pork sandwich at the Cell? I could be wrong, though. I hardly ever stray from my hot-dog-and-a-soda meal when I go to games.

Marqhead
05-27-2010, 10:24 PM
I thought there was already a pulled pork sandwich at the Cell? I could be wrong, though. I hardly ever stray from my hot-dog-and-a-soda meal when I go to games.

I have no idea. I've been to one game in the last two years. I will be making my glorious return on Tuesday, right when this stand opens (I'm sitting in the Club Level also :cool:). I'll probably still stick to a dog with onions because you just can't beat that, but I'll be sure to check out the menu.

The Wimperoo
05-27-2010, 10:41 PM
http://blogs.vocalo.org/dolinsky/2010/05/holy-smoque-real-bbq-is-coming-to-the-cell/24148

Brisket, pulled pork, baked beans and cole slaw are going to be the items available at the stand.

Good news, although those are probably my least favorite things from Smoque. The St. Louis ribs and Texas sausage are the best meats they have imo. The fresh cut fries are unreal also.

GoGoCrede
05-27-2010, 10:43 PM
http://blogs.vocalo.org/dolinsky/2010/05/holy-smoque-real-bbq-is-coming-to-the-cell/24148

Brisket, pulled pork, baked beans and cole slaw are going to be the items available at the stand.

Good news, although those are probably my least favorite things from Smoque. The St. Louis ribs and Texas sausage are the best meats they have imo. The fresh cut fries are unreal also.

I just drooled. All of that sounds delicious, minus the baked beans. Can't stand baked beans. I will definitely need to check out this stand.

skobabe8
05-28-2010, 12:57 PM

I was really excited until I read this little gem.