PDA

View Full Version : Trade Jenks now

WhiteSoxFTW
05-26-2010, 02:51 PM
KW needs to get Bobby Jenks out of here. Something is very, very wrong with him. KW needs to get something, anything, of value for Jenks now while he still possibly could.

Edit: He should've been traded in the off-season, but that's a moot point now.

Rikirk
05-26-2010, 02:55 PM
I agree...
Cant even shut down a team like the Indians when you lead 5-1
Thanks for '05 Bobby....but your history.

LITTLE NELL
05-26-2010, 02:55 PM
You beat me to the punch, he makes me sick.
Trade him for anything.

samurai_sox
05-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Hopefully Bobby nearly pissing himself today will punch his ticket out of town.

khan
05-26-2010, 03:00 PM
KW waited too long to sell high on Josh Fields after his lucky 2007 season.
KW waited too long to sell high on AJ after 2009.
KW waited too long to sell Jenks, too.

I get this feeling that if/when KW trades Jenks, KW will get pantsed, or will have waited too long to get anything of use. As usual.

I actually don't favor trading away the obese right hander with the obese contract, because his value is **** right now. Just let him in garbage time until some stupid GM offers some value for Jenks.

WhiteSox5187
05-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Some contending team is going to need a closer at some point, I'd make him a sixth inning guy and hope he does well then let someone take him.

SI1020
05-26-2010, 03:07 PM

I get this feeling that if/when KW trades Jenks, KW will get pantsed, or will have waited too long to get anything of use. As usual.

I actually don't favor trading away the obese right hander with the obese contract, because his value is **** right now. Just let him in garbage time until some stupid GM offers some value for Jenks. Agreed. At least for the moment the trade Jenks now ship has sailed.

WhiteSoxFTW
05-26-2010, 03:08 PM
This has to secure his fate of no longer being the closer. I don't care if we still won the game or not.

Actually, he shouldn't have been out there in the non-save situation anyway. We can't blame this one on Ozzie. Cora and Cooper made that decision today.

WhiteSoxFTW
05-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Agreed. At least for the moment the trade Jenks now ship has sailed.

I still don't think it's too late to get rid of him. Someone will take him. There are worse short relief/closers in the league. KW should do whatever it takes to get something in return. We can't afford to have him in a White Sox uniform any longer.

palehozenychicty
05-26-2010, 03:12 PM
We all thought that Bobby would be here for a long time. His White Sox career, along with the franchise, parallel one another. Like a shooting star that is fading to who knows where right now. It goes to show you the greatness of Mariano Rivera. He's still the best and been doing it with two pitches for 13 years! :o:

Hitmen77
05-26-2010, 03:19 PM
At least we didn't sign Jenks to a multi-year contract. At this rate, I wonder if the Sox will non-tender him during the offseason if they can't trade him.

Through arbitration, he'll make a minimum of $6 million next year.

twinsuck
05-26-2010, 03:24 PM
trade Beckham and Quentin while you're at it.

voodoochile
05-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Trading Jenks now makes no sense, period. At the least you hope he finds some consistency and trade him closer to the deadline when teams are more desperate for bullpen help and will pay a little more.

WhiteSox5187
05-26-2010, 03:26 PM
trade Beckham and Quentin while you're at it.

:o:

It's not even June (and granted the kid is lost) but you want to trade him? Christ, I'm not willing to give up on him yet and I'm not a very patient guy. Quentin on the other hand I'm willing to listen to offers for.

khan
05-26-2010, 03:26 PM
I still don't think it's too late to get rid of him. Someone will take him. There are worse short relief/closers in the league. KW should do whatever it takes to get something in return.

Who in their right mind would give KW anything of value for Jenks right now? Most [sane] GMs won't trade gold for an obese pile of ****. [Though, there really are a bunch of incompetent imbeciles working in MLB front offices...]

We can't afford to have him in a White Sox uniform any longer.

This statement is a bit presumptuous, don't you think? Does it really matter right now? Do you REALLY think this team [as currently comprised] has a prayer of competing this season?

The SOX just got their asses handed to them by a ****ty team yesterday. Today, they got lucky vs the same team. [in part due to Manny Acta stupidly giving up an out v. a ****ty Bobby Jenks] This team has shown itself to be incapable of competing, so Jenks in a SOX uniform doesn't really matter, IMO.

I'll agree that Jenks shouldn't be the closer any more, but there really hasn't been any real chance of the SOX competing in 2010 for a few weeks now.

Rikirk
05-26-2010, 03:32 PM
They will probably trot Jenks out there in the next few games if the situation warrants it,...if he implodes again, thats it...hes a wash.

WhiteSoxFTW
05-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Trading Jenks now makes no sense, period. At the least you hope he finds some consistency and trade him closer to the deadline when teams are more desperate for bullpen help and will pay a little more.

And, if that doesn't happen--which I don't believe it will--then what will the Sox do? He will be hurting us on the field while you HOPE he pitches out of it. Bobby's first 1-2-3 inning since mid-August (the 12th I believe) came on Saturday. There is a pattern here. Something is wrong.

Maybe KW can convince another GM the issues are mental and a change of scenery will do him well. And, maybe it will. But, he really has diminishing value to us in a Sox uniform at this point.

Crede24Thome25
05-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Who in their right mind would give KW anything of value for Jenks right now? Most [sane] GMs won't trade gold for an obese pile of ****. [Though, there really are a bunch of incompetent imbeciles working in MLB front offices...]

This statement is a bit presumptuous, don't you think? Does it really matter right now? Do you REALLY think this team [as currently comprised] has a prayer of competing this season?

The SOX just got their asses handed to them by a ****ty team yesterday. Today, they got lucky vs the same team. [in part due to Manny Acta stupidly giving up an out v. a ****ty Bobby Jenks] This team has shown itself to be incapable of competing, so Jenks in a SOX uniform doesn't really matter, IMO.

I'll agree that Jenks shouldn't be the closer any more, but there really hasn't been any real chance of the SOX competing in 2010 for a few weeks now.
I think it really does matter. This team won't win many games this year, but the one's we will win I don't want Jenks screwing us over.

russ99
05-26-2010, 03:41 PM

I actually don't favor trading away the obese right hander with the obese contract, because his value is **** right now. Just let him in garbage time until some stupid GM offers some value for Jenks.

From what I understand, Jenks was shopped in each of the last two offseasons, with no takers due to injury concerns, the loss of velocity on his fastball and his arbitration status.

This has nothing to do with Kenny's competence as GM, and everything to do with Jenks, his poor performance the last season and a half, and his salary.

Someone will be desperate for a closer by the deadline. Heck, look what we gave away for Tony Pena.

I'd put Santos in as closer for a week or two to see if he can handle it, and also to push Bobby.

WhiteSoxFTW
05-26-2010, 03:42 PM

I agree that the Sox don't have a chance to compete in 2010. I said that a couple weeks ago, as well. But, I'm just disgusted to see them trot Bobby out there this year. He's just plain bad. Hell, a prospect could do what he has been doing.

I think it really does matter. This team won't win many games this year, but the one's we will win I don't want Jenks screwing us over.

I agree.

voodoochile
05-26-2010, 03:45 PM
And, if that doesn't happen--which I don't believe it will--then what will the Sox do? He will be hurting us on the field while you HOPE he pitches out of it. Bobby's first 1-2-3 inning since mid-August (the 12th I believe) came on Saturday. There is a pattern here. Something is wrong.

Maybe KW can convince another GM the issues are mental and a change of scenery will do him well. And, maybe it will. But, he really has diminishing value to us in a Sox uniform at this point.

Well you can use him as a setup guy or a ROOGY or something if he continues to struggle. His price isn't going to go any lower is it but it might go up...

ilsox7
05-26-2010, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to moving Jenks if they can get someone to take on his entire salary. That would be the value in trading him now, saving money. So no players in return.

LITTLE NELL
05-26-2010, 03:49 PM
:o:

It's not even June (and granted the kid is lost) but you want to trade him? Christ, I'm not willing to give up on him yet and I'm not a very patient guy. Quentin on the other hand I'm willing to listen to offers for.

We need those 2 to get started otherwise we won't ever get to .500.
Quentin is for sure a head case and I hope Beckham is not turning into one. The kid has probably never had a bad year anywhere from Little League through HS and college and now he having a horrible time and doesn't know how to handle it.

TheOldRoman
05-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Who in their right mind would give KW anything of value for Jenks right now? Most [sane] GMs won't trade gold for an obese pile of ****. [Though, there really are a bunch of incompetent imbeciles working in MLB front offices...] There are even more posting on message boards. Your post is even less classy than intelligent, and that says something. Obese? No, not close. Pile of ****? Because he is pitching poorly this year? You sound like a very little man with a high opinion of yourself.

ilsox7
05-26-2010, 03:53 PM
There are even more posting on message boards. Your post is even less classy than intelligent, and that says something. Obese? No, not close. Pile of ****? Because he is pitching poorly this year? You sound like a very little man with a high opinion of yourself.

It's funny how folks get all bent out of shape when someone questions them (or comes close to insulting them), but have no problem throwing around the insults to players/public figures.

Good post!

DirtySox
05-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Bobby Jenks Defense Force Assemble!

mzh
05-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Bobby Jenks Defense Force Assemble!
:thumbsup:
Should we start an FOBJ! FOBJ! thread now?

khan
05-26-2010, 04:07 PM
From what I understand, Jenks was shopped in each of the last two offseasons, with no takers due to injury concerns, the loss of velocity on his fastball and his arbitration status.

This has nothing to do with Kenny's competence as GM, and everything to do with Jenks, his poor performance the last season and a half, and his salary.

Honestly, when was the last time KW "won" a trade? I can't remember. But my overarching point is that he has a history of waiting too long before he trades a player away.

Perhaps this is due to the fact that he's denuded the minor league system, and perhaps this is due to KW becoming too close to players, I honestly don't know.

I'd put Santos in as closer for a week or two to see if he can handle it, and also to push Bobby.
I can agree to this.

Paulwny
05-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Actually, he shouldn't have been out there in the non-save situation anyway. We can't blame this one on Ozzie. Cora and Cooper made that decision today.

Oz made the decision from the clubhouse.

ilsox7
05-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Oz made the decision from the clubhouse.

Has this been confirmed?

Paulwny
05-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Has this been confirmed?

Managers who have been tossed have always made the decisions from the clubhouse or the tunnel leading to the clubhouse. Why should today be any different ?

khan
05-26-2010, 04:17 PM

Trading Jenks away NOW means that KW will not get value in return. Since KW has been making it a habit of giving away value from the team, and getting his ass handed to him in trade lately, I'm against the immediate shopping of Jenks.

Should he cobble together a handful of decent appearances, and his value recovers somewhat, I can agree to him being shopped around. If there is any way forward for this organization, KW NEEDS to ADD assets, not give them away.

Crede24Thome25
05-26-2010, 04:22 PM

The feelings mutual when it comes to Jenks, I just won't say anything else I tend to get banned when I do:D:.

ilsox7
05-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Managers who have been tossed have always made the decisions from the clubhouse or the tunnel leading to the clubhouse. Why should today be any different ?

I don't think it happens nearly as much anymore. Plus, there have been past reports that Ozzie does not do this. I've read he sits in his office and watches TV (not necessarily the Sox game). Who knows, though.

khan
05-26-2010, 04:25 PM
There are even more posting on message boards. Your post is even less classy than intelligent, and that says something. Obese? No, not close. Pile of ****? Because he is pitching poorly this year? You sound like a very little man with a high opinion of yourself.
Factually speaking, if Bobby is @ 275#, his BMI [Body Mass Index] is 33.51 kg/m2, which means he is in fact obese. At 250#, Jenks' BMI remains ABOVE 30 [30.47 kg/m2]. Therefore, Jenks is in fact obese. Not morbidly obese, as he had been, but obese. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_mass_index

I can agree that he himself is not a pile of ****. But his pitching performances have, in fact, been piles of ****. I apologize for not going out of my way to glorify the highly effective pitcher that is Bobby Jenks, and separating HIM from his performances.

Tragg
05-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Don't trade him now. let him get 3 or 4 good outings under his belt and then try to trade him.

Williams has been trying to trade him for 2 years. He sensed this was coming.

Paulwny
05-26-2010, 04:31 PM
I don't think it happens nearly as much anymore. Plus, there have been past reports that Ozzie does not do this. I've read he sits in his office and watches TV (not necessarily the Sox game). Who knows, though.

If Oz does this, then he's a bigger ass than I thought.

ilsox7
05-26-2010, 04:32 PM
If Oz does this, then he's a bigger ass than I thought.

It's tough to tell b/c you can't really trust anything Ozzie says. He spews a lot of bull****. But he has been quoted as saying he goes back to his office and watches soaps.

WhiteSox5187
05-26-2010, 04:33 PM

The only time I've read of what Ozzie does when ejected was in that game in Baltimore in '05 where he and Buerhle were ejected and they were watching the game in the clubhouse with Buerhle asking Ozzie "Would you send him?" anytime a Sox runner got on base.

TheOldRoman
05-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Factually speaking, if Bobby is @ 275#, his BMI [Body Mass Index] is 33.51 kg/m2, which means he is in fact obese. At 250#, Jenks' BMI remains ABOVE 30 [30.47 kg/m2]. Therefore, Jenks is in fact obese. Not morbidly obese, as he had been, but obese. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_mass_index

I can agree that he himself is not a pile of ****. But his pitching performances have, in fact, been piles of ****. I apologize for not going out of my way to glorify the highly effective pitcher that is Bobby Jenks, and separating HIM from his performances.BMI is a guideline, but it is by no means official, any personal trainer will tell you that. It doesn't measure the amount of muscle one has. Bobby, being a professional athelete, has a lot more muscle than the average person, specifically in his legs. That skews things. According to BMI, Brian Urlacher is obese, too. While Bobby is fat, he isn't obese.

ilsox7
05-26-2010, 04:35 PM
The only time I've read of what Ozzie does when ejected was in that game in Baltimore in '05 where he and Buerhle were ejected and they were watching the game in the clubhouse with Buerhle asking Ozzie "Would you send him?" anytime a Sox runner got on base.

Link. (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2010/04/al-quick-pitch-white-soxs-win-as-dramatic-as-a-soap-opera/1)

khan
05-26-2010, 04:39 PM
BMI is a guideline, but it is by no means official, any personal trainer will tell you that. It doesn't measure the amount of muscle one has. Bobby, being a professional athelete, has a lot more muscle than the average person, specifically in his legs. That skews things. According to BMI, Brian Urlacher is obese, too. While Bobby is fat, he isn't obese.

See, that's the thing:

I have a personal trainer's certification through the NCSF; You DID say, "no, not close."

Sorry, but medically speaking [weight for height], he is in fact obese. From a life insurance underwriting perspective, he would be considered "obese." [For the same reasons.]

You may not like the word "obese," and you may not like me, but the word does in fact fit Bobby Jenks.

JB98
05-26-2010, 04:40 PM
For me, today changes nothing.

If the Sox are backing up the truck, then yeah, you trade Jenks (and a few others, too). If the Sox think they are going to make a push, they should hold on to him.

WhiteSox5187
05-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Link. (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2010/04/al-quick-pitch-white-soxs-win-as-dramatic-as-a-soap-opera/1)

Hmm. That's probably not good...though I doubt he will be the last manager to do that. I know John McGraw used to try to get run out of games so he could go to the race track, so Ozzie is not alone in that category.

kufram
05-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Who in their right mind would give KW anything of value for Jenks right now? Most [sane] GMs won't trade gold for an obese pile of ****. [Though, there really are a bunch of incompetent imbeciles working in MLB front offices...

A post like this says more about you than it does about Bobby Jenks or MLB front offices.

ilsox7
05-26-2010, 04:43 PM
For me, today changes nothing.

If the Sox are backing up the truck, then yeah, you trade Jenks (and a few others, too). If the Sox think they are going to make a push, they should hold on to him.

I am just sick of Jenks pitching like ****. Maybe not trade him (though I would not be opposed), but I'd put him on a very short leash. And I would tell him he is on a short leash. For instance, I would have pulled his ass after his first walk today. Cora should have walked out to the mound, told him he just gave up a double off the wall and walked a guy with a 4 run lead and to have a nice day. They are treating him with kid gloves, which annoys me.

Sam Spade
05-26-2010, 04:48 PM
I am just sick of Jenks pitching like ****. Maybe not trade him (though I would not be opposed), but I'd put him on a very short leash. And I would tell him he is on a short leash. For instance, I would have pulled his ass after his first walk today. Cora should have walked out to the mound, told him he just gave up a double off the wall and walked a guy with a 4 run lead and to have a nice day. They are treating him with kid gloves, which annoys me.
I think they are trying to show confidence in him, to help bobby instill confidence in himself.

ilsox7
05-26-2010, 04:52 PM
I think they are trying to show confidence in him, to help bobby instill confidence in himself.

**** that. Let him find his confidence in a place other than putting the team under undue stress. Like I said, they are handling him with kid gloves. If he cannot handle the fact that he has sucked this year, too bad.

EDIT: I was saying **** that to them letting him find his confidence, not to you.

WhiteSoxFTW
05-26-2010, 04:56 PM

**** that. Let him find his confidence in a place other than putting the team under undue stress. Like I said, they are handling him with kid gloves. If he cannot handle the fact that he has sucked this year, too bad.

EDIT: I was saying **** that to them letting him find his confidence, not to you.

I agree. He also should've been pulled sooner from that Sunday afternoon home game against Toronto.

Sam Spade
05-26-2010, 04:58 PM
No need to repeat yourself. I've never seen that phrase before, though the meaning is obvious.

I'll admit he hasn't been good, but argue that by not giving him more of a chance, you'd hurt the team, which isn't an intelligent response to his play.

This thread is full of knee jerk reactions to frustration. These matters are a little bit more delicate than that. Even ozzie guillen, who wears his heart on his sleeve, has the good sense to mask his immediate frustration in hopes of improving his team's chances of long term success.

ilsox7
05-26-2010, 05:08 PM
No need to repeat yourself. I've never seen that phrase before, though the meaning is obvious.

I'll admit he hasn't been good, but argue that by not giving him more of a chance, you'd hurt the team, which isn't an intelligent response to his play.

This thread is full of knee jerk reactions to frustration. These matters are a little bit more delicate than that. Even ozzie guillen, who wears his heart on his sleeve, has the good sense to mask his immediate frustration in hopes of improving his team's chances of long term success.

For me, it's been boiling for a while now. I generally do not have knee-jerk reactions to this stuff. I went for a nice walk after today's game. Still feel the same way, though. He is pitching like ****. And when you have 2-3 other guys in the bullpen pitching well, I think it's time to make a change. If Jenks cannot handle that, then send him packing.

I am usually pretty supportive of the Sox organization. I like KW and think he has the best intentions (and is good at what he does). Ozzie is wearing a little thin on me b/c of his love of drama, but I am not yelling and screaming for him to be fired. The one thing I think the Sox need to be better at is holding people accountable. Whether that be coaches or players, I don't see enough of it. I recognize that as fans we only know a very small amount of the story, but still, there are certain things that become obvious. For two months, this team has sucked. A lot. Yet very little has been done. Is loyalty a good trait? Damn right it is. Can being too loyal be harmful? Yes, big time. How they've handled Jenks exemplifies that to me.

Anyways, this is 2 series wins in a row. I am hopeful this is the start of a nice run getting us back to within a couple games of the division lead by the ASB.

Boondock Saint
05-26-2010, 05:15 PM

Mike MacDougal, Randy Williams, David Aardsma, Cliff Politte version 2.0, Jose Contreras and Scott Linebrink all say that's incorrect.

Sam Spade
05-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Mike MacDougal, Randy Williams, David Aardsma, Cliff Politte version 2.0, Jose Contreras and Scott Linebrink all say that's incorrect.

I wrote a response to this, but the power went out. :(:

To sum it up: People like Cliff, Jose, Scott, and definitely Bobby have earned a chance at returning to their past level of play. To not play them in their prior role, where they had that success, is to not allow them that chance. It doesn't always work out, but I see no other option.

Trading them away at their lowest value isn't a good idea.

Sam Spade
05-26-2010, 06:10 PM
For me, it's been boiling for a while now. I generally do not have knee-jerk reactions to this stuff. I went for a nice walk after today's game. Still feel the same way, though. He is pitching like ****. And when you have 2-3 other guys in the bullpen pitching well, I think it's time to make a change. If Jenks cannot handle that, then send him packing.

I am usually pretty supportive of the Sox organization. I like KW and think he has the best intentions (and is good at what he does). Ozzie is wearing a little thin on me b/c of his love of drama, but I am not yelling and screaming for him to be fired. The one thing I think the Sox need to be better at is holding people accountable. Whether that be coaches or players, I don't see enough of it. I recognize that as fans we only know a very small amount of the story, but still, there are certain things that become obvious. For two months, this team has sucked. A lot. Yet very little has been done. Is loyalty a good trait? Damn right it is. Can being too loyal be harmful? Yes, big time. How they've handled Jenks exemplifies that to me.

Anyways, this is 2 series wins in a row. I am hopeful this is the start of a nice run getting us back to within a couple games of the division lead by the ASB.
I'm sincerely glad you had a nice walk.

You set up this proposition that bobby "can't handle that". I don't even think the issue has come up yet, has it? I think this is a management decision alone right now.

I don't think its about loyalty. I think its about past level of play. The sox management believes bobby is still capable of that production. I'm inclined to agree. How soon it happens is hard to say, however.

A nice run would be so timely for the board, the fans, and the team. I hope it happens.

ilsox7
05-26-2010, 06:19 PM
I'm sincerely glad you had a nice walk.

You set up this proposition that bobby "can't handle that". I don't even think the issue has come up yet, has it? I think this is a management decision alone right now.

I don't think its about loyalty. I think its about past level of play. The sox management believes bobby is still capable of that production. I'm inclined to agree. How soon it happens is hard to say, however.

A nice run would be so timely for the board, the fans, and the team. I hope it happens.

Well, a couple of weeks ago Ozzie said Bobby was no longer the only closer. It would be more of a situation by situation thing. That does not appear to be the case, though. And Bobby was none too happy when Ozzie said as much (indicating he could not handle being demoted from the closer's role).

There is really no disputing the fact that Jenks has sucked this year as a pitcher. He has given up a lot of hits, walks, and runs. When you have other guys in the bullpen who are MUCH more effective, it is time to go to those guys and let Jenks work out his issues. I could have come here and said this after any number of Jenks' implosions this year. But I didn't b/c THAT would have been knee-jerk. I am not constantly harping on Jenks. I am simply concluding that as of now, he is not a very good pitcher who makes a LOT of money (meaning getting rid of his salary could be beneficial in many ways for the organization). Use a more effective option. We have a few.

And no need for the snarky comment about going for a walk.

Sam Spade
05-26-2010, 06:21 PM
And no need for the snarky comment about going for a walk.
I was being sincere.

Boondock Saint
05-26-2010, 06:21 PM
I wrote a response to this, but the power went out. :(:

To sum it up: People like Cliff, Jose, Scott, and definitely Bobby have earned a chance at returning to their past level of play. To not play them in their prior role, where they had that success, is to not allow them that chance. It doesn't always work out, but I see no other option.

Trading them away at their lowest value isn't a good idea.

My point is that Ozzie has given them all too much rope, and it's ended up damaging the team's "chances of long term success".

ilsox7
05-26-2010, 06:22 PM
I was being sincere.

My apologies. I am obviously a bit worked up about the Sox today.

Sam Spade
05-26-2010, 06:29 PM
My point is that Ozzie has given them all too much rope, and it's ended up damaging the team's "chances of long term success".

Perhaps it has. How much rope to give them is much more difficult to determine than some here are making it out to be.

When you are considering players who have set franchise records, tied MLB records, and are still young, there is going to be a lot of rope.

guillensdisciple
05-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Be careful guys, Jenks might read this like he did last time and get all offended.

Boondock Saint
05-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Perhaps it has. How much rope to give them is much more difficult to determine than some here are making it out to be.

I think it's clear to many people on here that Ozzie doesn't manage streaking/slumping players well. Andruw Jones wasn't a regular player until a couple weeks after his hot start. Rios wasn't moved up in the lineup for the longest time after his hot start. Beckham wasn't moved down until more than a month into the season. Pierre spent one game out of the lead-off spot when he was struggling. And all of that is just from this year.

Sam Spade
05-26-2010, 06:40 PM
I think it's clear to many people on here that Ozzie doesn't manage streaking/slumping players well. Andruw Jones wasn't a regular player until a couple weeks after his hot start. Rios wasn't moved up in the lineup for the longest time after his hot start. Beckham wasn't moved down until more than a month into the season. Pierre spent one game out of the lead-off spot when he was struggling. And all of that is just from this year.

You won't find any arguement from me here. I am just sympathizing with ozzie. Saying what you have said is a lot more reasonable than screaming "trade jenks now" at your television.

My apologies. I am obviously a bit worked up about the Sox today.

No problem. Its hard to convey sarcasm and sincerity on the internet. I tried and failed.

ilsox7
05-26-2010, 06:42 PM
No problem. Its hard to convey sarcasm and sincerity on the internet. I tried and failed.

Teal for sarcasm. I know that. I have been around here too long not to know. Now that was a knee-jerk reaction from me! At least the weather is warm!

getonbckthr
05-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Look through the history of Jenks. He is terrible in non-save situations.

Frater Perdurabo
05-26-2010, 07:50 PM

He is terrible in 2010.

Brian26
05-26-2010, 07:54 PM
KW needs to get Bobby Jenks out of here. Something is very, very wrong with him. KW needs to get something, anything, of value for Jenks now while he still possibly could.

Edit: He should've been traded in the off-season, but that's a moot point now.

He should have been traded after the 2008 season. There was only one other person here who I remember agreeing with me. Too many people were sticking with the "he's learned how to pitch now" attitude.

Brian26
05-26-2010, 08:00 PM

I know what you're getting at, but what's the difference between him coming in to start the 9th with a 3-run lead and coming in during the 9th with no outs, a 4-run lead and then walking the first two batters. He pretty quickly created a save situation for himself.

getonbckthr
05-26-2010, 08:02 PM
I know what you're getting at, but what's the difference between him coming in to start the 9th with a 3-run lead and coming in during the 9th with no outs, a 4-run lead and then walking the first two batters. He pretty quickly created a save situation for himself.
Honestly I don't have an answer to what exactly the difference is but for what ever reason in save situations, for the most part, he is pretty damn good. Non-save situations, whether it be tie games, losing or up more than 3, he is brutal.

Frater Perdurabo
05-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Jenks' stuff is good enough that he should not need to be pitching to contact. He should be going up there trying to strike out hitters.

ilsox7
05-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Jenks' stuff is good enough that he should not need to be pitching to contact. He should be going up there trying to strike out hitters.

I want to know where the hell is wicked curveball went. With that thing plus a 94-96 mph fastball he would be nearly unhittable.

Rikirk
05-26-2010, 09:12 PM
As of now the only thing that fires up Jenks is where his next meal is coming from.

Frater Perdurabo
05-26-2010, 09:17 PM
As of now the only thing that fires up Jenks is where his next meal is coming from.

All Cooper has to do is tell Jenks that the sooner he gets three outs, the sooner her can hit up the postgame clubhouse buffet.

hi im skot
05-26-2010, 09:35 PM

All Cooper has to do is tell Jenks that the sooner he gets three outs, the sooner her can hit up the postgame clubhouse buffet.

Ah yes, the good ol' "Bobby Jenks is fat" jokes.

Cool.

GoGoCrede
05-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Ah yes, the good ol' "Bobby Jenks is fat" jokes.

Cool.

I thought the fat jokes became obsolete once Colon left, but alas, they're still alive and kicking. Yay.

Speaking of, wonder what Colon's up to these days.

Boondock Saint
05-26-2010, 09:48 PM
I thought the fat jokes became obsolete once Colon left, but alas, they're still alive and kicking. Yay.

I'd say about 330.

KIDDING.

WhiteSox1989
05-26-2010, 09:54 PM

Probably hanging out at White Castle?

Cause ya know, he's fat.

Just like Bobby Jenks.

Dub25
05-27-2010, 12:32 AM
Once again, this is another post where I did not bother too catch up so I will say... what do you expect to get for Jenks??? I don't think he has had a 1-2-3- inning at all this year and even if he has... he is making a lot of games way to interesting. 5-1 today and it ends 5-4 with bases loaded???