PDA

View Full Version : So I guess Keith's our closer again?

MattSharp
06-19-2002, 10:05 PM
Picnichio Manuel is at it again. After demoting Foulke only last week, for some reason he is pitching in the 9th in a save situation. What the hell..........?

Dadawg_77
06-19-2002, 10:08 PM
He used Osuna and Marte last night for 2 innings each. So you don't want to use them tonight. Its a good move.

Dadawg_77
06-19-2002, 10:20 PM
Hindsight is 20/20, I guess he shouldn't of used Kenny in the 9th. But he couldn't of used Osuna or Marte so kinda of rock and hard place thing there.

duke of dorwood
06-19-2002, 10:21 PM
This is not the manager's fault. When they brought up Harris, the extra pitcher was gone.

MattSharp
06-19-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Hindsight is 20/20, I guess he shouldn't of used Kenny in the 9th. But he couldn't of used Osuna or Marte so kinda of rock and hard place thing there.

Dont' defend his dumb decisions. As a setup man he should have pitched the 8th, and he retired all three guys he faced. Then after getting the first guy he put two guys on. It was a bad move.

HawkDJ
06-19-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp

Dont' defend his dumb decisions. As a setup man he should have pitched the 8th, and he retired all three guys he faced. Then after getting the first guy he put two guys on. It was a bad move.

Well in the 9th he could've put in Keith, Rocky or Howry. Osuna and Marte pitched alot yesterday so I don't think it would be wise to pitch them again today. Keith did bad and Rocky did worse. Howry would've been a better choice but that is all hindsight.

Dadawg_77
06-19-2002, 10:29 PM
But who are you going to put in there to close? Maybe he should of used someone else in the 8th. Biddle is a starter not a closer. Osuna and Marte were used in 2 innings last night. Howry might of been a good choice but he went last night for a inning. Glover would of had the same problem has Biddle.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-19-2002, 10:30 PM
Picnichio Manuel is at it again. After demoting Foulke only last week, for some reason he is pitching in the 9th in a save situation. What the hell..........?

Yeah, he closed this one out alright.

Foulke head Manuel has no Foulkeing brains!

:firejerry

RedPinStripes
06-19-2002, 11:06 PM
Just like i said before. I don't belive a word Sox mgt. says. Especially JM

:jerry
I'm getting confused

Kilroy
06-20-2002, 01:09 AM
My problem with leaving Foulke in is not because Manuel said last week he wasn't the closer any more, and tonight he let him try and close the game. Last night, we used damn near every pitcher except Foulke. So the logical thing to do is let Foulke go. Well, not actually since Foulke has shown repeatedly that he will suck ass if he goes more than an inning. I thought for sure that the Sox had it wrapped after the 8th. I went out to a movie. I almost drove off the road when I heard they lost.

baggio202
06-20-2002, 02:50 AM

foulke got 4 outs before giving up a hit and a walk and was taken out so how is it he foulked up???..after he left biddle gave up 3 hits in a row and its foulke's fault we lost???..if it was me id have left foulke in to finish regaurdless...but either way blaming this on foulke is wrong...