PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie is still funny

october23sp
05-26-2010, 01:55 PM
http://deadspin.com/5548316/ozzie-guillen-has-no-sympathy-for-clevelanders

I love this.

WhiteSox5187
05-26-2010, 02:05 PM
He's still quite funny. One of my favorite quotes from Ozzie was after a brutal double header in August against the Red Sox in 2007, we were just laughed out of the park and Ozzie's first comment in the post game press conference "Well...there's six hours of my life I'll never have back."

I know there are a lot of people who hate Ozzie, but I love him and still think he's a good manager.

palehozenychicty
05-26-2010, 02:26 PM
That is so cold. It'll be even colder in Cleveland when LeBron returns as a Chicago Bull in the winter with Chris Bosh and Phil Jackson.

chisoxfan4life
05-26-2010, 10:49 PM
http://deadspin.com/5548316/ozzie-guillen-has-no-sympathy-for-clevelanders

I thought this was pretty clever

TheCommander
05-26-2010, 10:53 PM
I saw this on CSN earlier and though it sounds like something Ozzie might do, I have a difficult time believing it is true.

Crede24Thome25
05-26-2010, 10:56 PM
I saw this on CSN earlier and though it sounds like something Ozzie might do, I have a difficult time believing it is true.
CSN actual showed a shot of ozzie signing the ball last night during the game.

TheCommander
05-26-2010, 11:03 PM
CSN actual showed a shot of ozzie signing the ball last night during the game.

I didn't see that part.

manders_01
05-26-2010, 11:05 PM
I'm surprised that he did sign it since his English on FB and Tweets is so choppy / incorrect. But hey, it's awfully clever! :cool:

Coops4Aces
05-26-2010, 11:14 PM
LMAO! I saw him signing a ball last night during the game and I was sitting there thinking "Why would he be signing autographs during the game?"

DumpJerry
05-26-2010, 11:29 PM
On The Score yesterday (during Grobber's show), a Cub fan called in and said Ozzie lacked class because he wrote "Cleveland sucks" on a ball and gave it to a kid. The caller (who kept calling Ozzie "Ozzie Smith") was screaming and yelling about how classless Ozzie "Smith" is.....:rolleyes:

Coops4Aces
05-26-2010, 11:35 PM
On The Score yesterday (during Grobber's show), a Cub fan called in and said Ozzie lacked class because he wrote "Cleveland sucks" on a ball and gave it to a kid. The caller (who kept calling Ozzie "Ozzie Smith") was screaming and yelling about how classless Ozzie "Smith" is.....:rolleyes:

I wish Guillen in his playing plays was Ozzie Smith

Nellie_Fox
05-27-2010, 01:03 AM
That is so cold. It'll be even colder in Cleveland when LeBron returns as a Chicago Bull in the winter with Chris Bosh and Phil Jackson. We haven't been allowing Blackhawks hijacks in the clubhouse; the same goes for Bulls hijacks. Take it to the Parking Lot.

Twins_Morneau
05-27-2010, 11:57 AM
This is hilarious. Ozzie still got it.

slavko
05-27-2010, 07:00 PM
I wouldn't have done it. C'mon, it's a kid. Although this doesn't come close to the one where Billy Martin was approached for an autograph by a kid with his precious collection of baseball cards in his hand, Billy's card on top. Billy whacked the kid's hand so that the cards went all over the place and kept walking. What a guy.

southside rocks
05-27-2010, 07:16 PM
I know there are a lot of people who hate Ozzie, but I love him and still think he's a good manager.

Same here.

WSox597
05-28-2010, 08:15 AM
I wish Guillen in his playing plays was Ozzie Smith

So does Guillen.

I'll be glad when he's being 'clever' somewhere else.

Frater Perdurabo
05-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Ozzie is funny.

So are circus clowns.

Are circus clowns good baseball strategists or teachers?

bigdommer
05-28-2010, 09:20 AM
I saw the whole thing go down on MLB network. They thought it was hilarious.

Then, later in the game, they showed Ozzie in the dugout on the leather recliner. In itself, that is not very interesting. However, Pleasac/Millar & company noted that the only way to get that chair down from the locker room at the Jake is to drag it down (or up) a couple flights of stairs. I can picture Ozzie grabbing the clubhouse kid and asking him to go get his chair.

I know most people are probably thinking, "Ozzie, your team stinks. Quit being a clown and manage." But, you can't blame Ozzie for TCQ below the mendoza line, you can't blame Ozzie for Peavy being all bark and no bite, you can't blame Ozzie for Jenks being over 300 pounds and worthless, and you can't blame Ozzie for not having a major league designated hitter on his roster. So, if the team is going to stink, at least we have Ozzie to keep us entertained.

Rocky Soprano
05-28-2010, 09:26 AM
I saw the whole thing go down on MLB network. They thought it was hilarious.

Then, later in the game, they showed Ozzie in the dugout on the leather recliner. In itself, that is not very interesting. However, Pleasac/Millar & company noted that the only way to get that chair down from the locker room at the Jake is to drag it down (or up) a couple flights of stairs. I can picture Ozzie grabbing the clubhouse kid and asking him to go get his chair.

I know most people are probably thinking, "Ozzie, your team stinks. Quit being a clown and manage." But, you can't blame Ozzie for TCQ below the mendoza line, you can't blame Ozzie for Peavy being all bark and no bite, you can't blame Ozzie for Jenks being over 300 pounds and worthless, and you can't blame Ozzie for not having a major league designated hitter on his roster. So, if the team is going to stink, at least we have Ozzie to keep us entertained.

Yes you can blame Ozzie for that one. How many times did he not say that he did NOT want a full time DH. Ozzie has the style of team he wanted.