PDA

View Full Version : Good read of Sergio Santos

tm1119
05-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Not sure if anybody saw this, but yahoo had a pretty nice write up on Sergio. Interesting read, some things in there that I didnt know.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-santos052410

soxinem1
05-25-2010, 09:39 PM
He might be one of the very few returnees in the 2011 bullpen.

theamb
05-25-2010, 09:50 PM
We can bring back BA and have Santos mentor him

I think Santos has definitely sealed his ticket for a roster spot here next season.

DumpJerry
05-25-2010, 10:01 PM
We can bring back BA and have Santos mentor him

I think Santos has definitely sealed his ticket for a roster spot here next season.
My eyes are bleeding!!!!!
:tealtutor:

MtGrnwdSoxFan
05-25-2010, 10:54 PM
My eyes are bleeding!!!!!
:tealtutor:

:tealpolice:

Sgt. DumpJerry responding to a 2-3-5 at the Clubhouse! :redneck

But seriously, Santos, along with Rios, Jones, and Konerko, has been a ray of sunshine in a dark, stormy White Sox season.

Everyone else can suck an egg.

Domeshot17
05-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Well, Sergio has been the brightest spot of the season. The kid has a tremendous arm and a great attitude. Its really a shame guys have been off. With his development, Santos Jenks Thorton Linebrink Putz SHOULD be hands down the best bullpen in the league

WhiteSoxFTW
05-27-2010, 04:09 PM
I thought Buddy Bell's reply to his question in 2009 was pretty interesting. I hadn't heard that before.

You could tell KW had faith in this kid as a pitcher with the terms of the trade he made to SF in '09.

Crestani
05-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Not sure if anybody saw this, but yahoo had a pretty nice write up on Sergio. Interesting read, some things in there that I didnt know.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-santos052410

Great article. Thanks for the link.

Tragg
05-27-2010, 07:27 PM
Any chance we're setting our sights to low on this kid....that he should be a starter?

tm1119
05-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Interesting point.

I think he would have to develop a 3rd pitch. If Im not mistaken, he only throws a slider and the fastball. Dont think there have been too many starters who have gotten away with just 2 pitches. Plus you have to factor in the loss in velocity he would encounter having to throw 6+ innings every night instead of 1. I'd be more than happy with him if he developed into a lights out closer. It would be very interesting to see if he could stretch himself out and add a 3rd pitch(change) in the off season though.

Madscout
05-27-2010, 10:32 PM
Interesting point.

I think he would have to develop a 3rd pitch. If Im not mistaken, he only throws a slider and the fastball. Dont think there have been too many starters who have gotten away with just 2 pitches. Plus you have to factor in the loss in velocity he would encounter having to throw 6+ innings every night instead of 1. I'd be more than happy with him if he developed into a lights out closer. It would be very interesting to see if he could stretch himself out and add a 3rd pitch(change) in the off season though.

I believe he throws an above average straight change.