PDA

View Full Version : May 17th makeup game @ Detroit announced

#1swisher
05-25-2010, 11:49 AM
White Sox @ Detroit May 17 th game is rescheduled for
Aug 3, 2010 part of a split doubleheader.

Game 1 start at 12:05 CT

Game 2 start time 6:05 CT

TV broadcast WCIU

Coops4Aces
05-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Wow, stupid. They should have just played August 2nd. Now both teams will need a spot start or have someone pitch on 3 days rest.

ewokpelts
05-25-2010, 01:22 PM
White Sox @ Detroit May 17 th game is rescheduled for
Aug 3, 2010 part of a split doubleheader.

Game 1 start at 12:05 CT

Game 2 start time 6:05 CT

TV broadcast schedule at a later date.both games on the U

sox1970
05-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Wow, stupid. They should have just played August 2nd. Now both teams will need a spot start or have someone pitch on 3 days rest.

Off days are rare, so they don't like losing them.

If they played that game on August 2, the Sox would be playing 24 straight days, and the Tigers would be playing 28 games in 27 days. Not going to happen.

Coops4Aces
05-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Off days are rare, so they don't like losing them.

If they played that game on August 2, the Sox would be playing 24 straight days, and the Tigers would be playing 28 games in 27 days. Not going to happen.

Tigers are still playing 28 games in 27 days

sox1970
05-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Tigers are still playing 28 games in 27 days

With a day off in there now.

BadBobbyJenks
05-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Did they not make this up in a double header in game 2 of the original series because of weather concerns?

TDog
05-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Did they not make this up in a double header in game 2 of the original series because of weather concerns?

I think it was more because of travel concerns with weather concerns playing a small factor. There was a scheduled getaway day game and scheduling a night game on top of that would have defeated the purpose, especially with the chance of game delays on getaway day. I believe the players still have to consent to these day-night things, and the August makeup is less egregious.

Making this up as a day-night thing is wrong, though. If they're going to play two games on one day, just play a doubleheader with a half-hour between games. The Tigers will lose the gate, but these day-night things are harder on the players.

sox1970
05-25-2010, 03:29 PM
I think it was more because of travel concerns with weather concerns playing a small factor. There was a scheduled getaway day game and scheduling a night game on top of that would have defeated the purpose, especially with the chance of game delays on getaway day. I believe the players still have to consent to these day-night things, and the August makeup is less egregious.

Making this up as a day-night thing is wrong, though. If they're going to play two games on one day, just play a doubleheader with a half-hour between games. The Tigers will lose the gate, but these day-night things are harder on the players.

That's the trade off. They'd rather play a day/nighter on Tuesday than lose a full off day on Monday.

Coops4Aces
05-25-2010, 03:30 PM

It's all about the almighty dollar. The scheduled doubleheaders at Old Comiskey were the best. Bring in a cooler and sit in the general admission section for 6 hours with the old man.

LoveYourSuit
05-25-2010, 03:56 PM
I was planning on going to Detroit to catch that Tuesday game, DH would be nice but I don't know where to kill 3 hours in between games in that crummy city. Especially traveliing with my wife and kids.

MinnySoxFan
05-25-2010, 09:19 PM
Interesting. A doubleheader on my bday. I believe that hasn't happened before on that certain day.

cnw8052
05-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Why have both games on that channel????? :angry::angry:

ewokpelts
05-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Why have both games on that channel????? :angry::angry:
becuase according to my magnet schedule, both may 17th and aug 3 are wciu broadcasts.

Sad
05-26-2010, 09:52 AM
becuase according to my magnet schedule, both may 17th and aug 3 are wciu broadcasts.

I always get stuck with the Detroit feed over here :mad: unless it is a Sat WGN game
Rod Allen drives me nuts