PDA

View Full Version : What gives Frank?

balboner
06-19-2002, 09:19 PM
Why does Manuel continue to pinch hit Frank when he can't make contact off the bench? He's had a horrible stretch lately. I would have rather seen Carlos bat in that situation, as he's had a few positive games at the plate.

MattSharp
06-19-2002, 09:48 PM
Frank strikes out looking too much. Carlos does too, but he will hack more than Frank will I think....

RKMeibalane
06-20-2002, 04:00 AM
There is no logic to anything Manuel does. He probably shouldn't use Frank in a pinch-hitting role because he doesn't seem suited for it, at least not now. I can remember him being fairly successful in the past, but that is of little value to this year's Sox team.

Frank just isn't getting it done. I'm not sure what his problem is. I've been one of his biggest supporters on this board, but even I won't tolerate these mediocre performances forever. He needs to start being more productive, and it help if he were more aggressive at the plate. I can't help but think of the earlier post made by MattSharp about Frank not swinging at first pitches. Maybe that is what he should try to do more often, if for no other reason, to confuse pitchers and get back his command of the strike zone, which he has when he is on.

soxrme
06-20-2002, 09:36 AM
Not only does Frank not swing at any first pitch, Mark Johnson fakes a bunt on almost every first pitch. What gives with Ward? We are so worried about working the pitcher into the count that we are forgeting that any good pitch to hit should do. Von Joshua anyone? As for Frank: GET CLOSER TO THE DAMN PLATE, TAKE SOME OF SAMMIE'S MEDICATION AND GET GOING!!!!!!!!
Sorry, forgot Sammie doesn"t do that.