PDA

View Full Version : Nyjer Morgan would like this one back

JermaineDye05
05-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Link (http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=8250511&query=%26game_pk%3D264448)

This is why you always keep your eye on the ball. It's also why you should never have a temper tantrum during a baseball game.

manders_01
05-22-2010, 10:31 PM
I hope his teammates gave him some serious **** for that. Absolutely no need for that kind of crap! :rolleyes:

WhiteSox5187
05-22-2010, 10:37 PM
Oops! I never did that during a game (oh I would swear at myself) but I never threw my glove, during practice though...

mzh
05-22-2010, 11:45 PM
And they ended up losing by one run too. Morgan is a hell of a player sometimes, but he needs to be shifted to left bench for a few days.

twinsuck
05-22-2010, 11:54 PM
He acted really immature there.... but I love those stirrups!!

WhiteSox5187
05-23-2010, 12:49 AM
He acted really immature there.... but I love those stirrups!!

He wore better stirrups when he was in Pittsburgh.

twinsuck
05-23-2010, 12:59 AM
He wore better stirrups when he was in Pittsburgh.
Did you see more of the under sock or what? Have seen DJ's stirrups on half-way to St. Patrick's day?? Those were awesome, my favorite. I don't know if he actually pitched that night but I was at that game by the bullpen and I kept trying to yell to him how much I loved his socks but he never heard. :D:

VMSNS
05-23-2010, 01:42 AM
Like that announcer said, I think he thought it was a home run. He probably didn't notice that it bounced off the back wall. Still, no excuse to do that. Reminds me of Ted Lily versus the Diamondbacks. :D:

october23sp
05-23-2010, 01:44 AM
Like that announcer said, I think he thought it was a home run. He probably didn't notice that it bounced off the back wall. Still, no excuse to do that. Reminds me of Ted Lily versus the Diamondbacks. :D:

That is for sure what happened.

NLaloosh
05-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Wow. I've never seen a player do that while play was still obviously going on. It is stupid and immature but I like his passion.

I do like players that show emotion on the field but it can often be counterproductive.

bridgeportcopper
05-23-2010, 09:53 AM
And they ended up losing by one run too. Morgan is a hell of a player sometimes, but he needs to be shifted to left bench for a few days.

uh, no....they won by a run. So, he shouldn't feel as bad.

NDSox12
05-23-2010, 10:21 AM
I was at the game. That was a very bizarre play, especially considering he gave up an inside the park home run on a very similar play earlier in the week. He got booed in his next at bat in the bottom half of the inning, but got a base hit to get the fans back on his side.

mzh
05-23-2010, 10:57 AM
uh, no....they won by a run. So, he shouldn't feel as bad.
My bad :redface:, I misread the box score. Still I stick by my last post. You can show emotion, but whether you think it's over the fence or not whipping your glove down and walking away is a bit much (IMO).

WhiteSox5187
05-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Did you see more of the under sock or what? Have seen DJ's stirrups on half-way to St. Patrick's day?? Those were awesome, my favorite. I don't know if he actually pitched that night but I was at that game by the bullpen and I kept trying to yell to him how much I loved his socks but he never heard. :D:

His stirrups looked at exactly like DJ's. DJ is rocking some nice stirrups in Pittsburgh too.

soltrain21
05-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Meh, he tried to rob a homerun and missed it so he thought it went over the fence.

I've seen much worse.

g0g0
05-24-2010, 08:00 AM
I would think an OF would at least look for the ball first before throwing the tantrum. He could have limited it to a double or triple.

DumpJerry
05-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Reminds me of last year when Carl Crawford got an inside the park HR against us because Pods when up to catch it and when he did not, he hung on the wall like Velcro Man thinking it was over the fence. Meanwhile, Dye was running over from RF yelling at him to get down and get the ball.

Maybe this particular play is why neither player is with the team this year....