PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's pitching matchups...

NLaloosh
05-22-2010, 07:07 AM
Today has some interesting matchups. To start with John Ely is facing Detroit. Richard and Gio also pitch today.

Milwaukee has their best pitcher, Yovanni Gallardo, going against Minnesota and Slowey. Hopefully, he shuts them down.

And, the NY matchup actually deserves the hype today. Two young studs going at it - Hughes (5-0) vs. Pelfrey(5-1).

Some cool baseball.

Slappy
05-23-2010, 02:52 AM
Spot started Clayton yesterday and he gave me a gem. 7 innings, 6 hits, no runs, no walks and 6 k's with the W. Against the lowly M's but still, awesome for a spot start. Gio did almost as well against the pitiful Giants offense.

NLaloosh
05-23-2010, 10:08 AM
Oops, 3 more wins for the trio. Well, they would never be able to pitch in the AL.

Detroit, Seattle and Oakland are in the NL, right?

Seriously, the Sox had to give up Richard and Gio in theose deals.

But, no one will ever convince me that the Sox had to pay $ 9 mil. for two years of Pierre's contract and give up two decent pitching prospects in order to pry Pierre away from the desperate and cash strapped Dodgers while there was likely no other offers even in the vicinity.

I realize that overall Pods and Pierre are close to a wash. However, I still believe that Kenny gave Pods the "high hat" and tried to smugly low ball him instead of paying a few more bucks than he wanted and he wouldn't been so desperate later that ended up paying Pierre more than Pods wanted in the first place AND giving up valuable pitching prospects in addition.

In other words, if KW weren't so stubborn, the Sox could have the same production in left for less money this year and next and still have Ely and Link.