PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 5/21 Buehrle Deals, Missile Launches Post Game Thread

Marqhead
05-21-2010, 10:20 PM
A win is a win. Discuss.

Slappy
05-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Santos! The Missile! Burly-mon! Kotsay!

Frater Perdurabo
05-21-2010, 10:22 PM
The offense is back. Greg Walker is the greatest hitting coach ever. All is well.

In all seriousness, it's nice to get an easy win. I really hope that this gets a solid winning streak started, built on good hitting, solid starting pitching, and good defense.

But that would be a triumph of hope over experience.

Still, it's nice to get a win.

Brian26
05-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Discuss...

I'm going to steal that title for my game report (With your permission). :D:

Frater Perdurabo
05-21-2010, 10:36 PM
This thread poves that there is an inverse relationship between the ease of a regular season win and the length of a postgame thread.

TDog
05-21-2010, 10:38 PM
It's nice to see Mark Buehrle pitch great and not suddenly lose it as he has in a couple of recent starts.

It's nice to see Ramirez continue to come around with the bat, right on schedule with what we should expect from his previous seasons. As a rookie, he was the best hitter the White Sox could put up there with runners in scoring position, and he came through a couple of times. Five RBIs is a very good night, especially when it includes all three runners who were in scoring position when he came up.

Quentin looked good again tonight. As did Kotsay, who has come on since his slow start. He is lookking more like the hitter that came to the Sox late last season and less like the hitter who started last season with the Red Sox (and unfortunately this season with the White Sox).

Everyone in the lineup today got at least one hit, except for Beckham.

But it starts with the starting pitching. I would like to see more starts resembling tonight over the next four-plus months.

Brian26
05-21-2010, 10:39 PM
This thread poves that there is an inverse relationship between the ease of a regular season win and the length of a postgame thread.

Or perhaps fewer people are online on Friday night when the Blackhawks are playing and the Sox season looks like it's over after 40 games.

spawn
05-21-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm going to steal that title for my game report (With your permission). :D:
Permission granted. :thumbsup: :redneck

Dan H
05-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Best game of the year. They actually made it look easy.

Woofer
05-21-2010, 10:50 PM
I wouldn't mind a 4 or 5 game win streak, to get me off of the edge a little.

A. Cavatica
05-21-2010, 10:51 PM
One I wish I'd watched. But they'll have to rip off a winning streak before I start planning my evenings around the Sox again.

Jerry_Manuel
05-21-2010, 10:52 PM
I didn't see much of the game tonight, but sounds like things looked good for a change. Maybe a little bit of National League cooking will get this team going in a positive direction.

thomas35forever
05-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Nice to have an easy, stress-free win. I wish those were easier to come by.

salty99
05-21-2010, 10:55 PM
The American League dominance over the National League continues.

October26
05-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Fun game. :smile: Nice to see Buehrle pitch well. :smile: I love being able to say:

:winner

GoGoCrede
05-21-2010, 11:00 PM
It figures that I was able to watch last night's debacle in its entirety, yet miss today's gem because I went to a movie.

Glad to hear that we won big. :bandance:

It's Dankerific
05-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Kinda sad we want to emulate a style of play/league that we regularly dominate.

Lip Man 1
05-21-2010, 11:13 PM
Be thankful for a win.

Lip

Marqhead
05-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Be thankful for a win.

Lip

DOH. Wrong thread. Go Sox!

JB98
05-21-2010, 11:52 PM
Didn't watch any of tonight's game, but I'm pleased to see the result.

Hope Buehrle is back on track after this outing. This is his first victory since April 10.

soxinem1
05-22-2010, 12:00 AM

I believe FLA has the best record all-time of any team in interleague play.

PhillipsBubba
05-22-2010, 12:07 AM
Or perhaps fewer people are online on Friday night when the Blackhawks are playing and the Sox season looks like it's over after 40 games.

For shame...you said the "B" word!

soxinem1
05-22-2010, 12:10 AM

Or a lot of us are going to stop celebrating the twice a week occurrence of a one-game winning streak.

october23sp
05-22-2010, 01:10 AM
Another game I miss, another White Sox winner. Maybe I should miss more games...

ChiSoxGirl
05-22-2010, 01:19 AM
Of all times for me to skip staying home and watching a Sox game. Instead, I went out to watch another sporting event taking place in this town tonight. Figures that the Sox would win and Buehrle would have a dominating outing. Here's hoping they start their first win streak in weeks tomorrow afternoon when I'm at the ballpark (for the first time in a month)!

guillensdisciple
05-22-2010, 01:42 AM
Nice job guys- for the love of everything that is good keep it going.

hawkjt
05-22-2010, 01:47 AM
Just good to watch a solidly played game by the Sox.
Not gonna draw any conclusions.
But,I did hear from a ESPN radio guy last nite that Freddy Garcia has the best ERA of any starter in inter-league play...like 2.28.
Freddy is starting sunday..so if we do win tomorrow...ROLL TIME:D:

TDog
05-22-2010, 02:23 AM

The American League won 8 of the 14 interleague games tonight. The National League won 6. The American League won two of the three one-run games (all ended up being 2-1). The dominance would have been more impressive if the team with the worst record in the National League had not beaten the team with the best record in the American League.

I get the impression in every game thread after a White Sox win that there are people who dismiss the effort because they find some fault in the competition. The fact is, Mark Buehrle pitched a great game tonight. The White Sox beat a starting pitcher they had never faced before.

johnnyg83
05-22-2010, 02:47 AM
maybe we shoulda taken that NL bid instead of milwaukee

kufram
05-22-2010, 03:55 AM
Everybody hitting below their lifetime average for so long means that at some point they have to hit above it for a period of time to even things out. I hope we can get a few wins. I won't mind these first few weeks if that has started to happen now.

NLaloosh
05-22-2010, 06:58 AM
I've been feeling very negative about my posts lately so since the Sox played such a great game Friday night I thought I'd post something positive.

It really was a joy to watch this game. So, the question is, was that the best overall game that the Sox have played so far this season ? If not, which game was ?

By the way, perfect night - Sox, Hawks, Flubs! Rare trifecta.

wassagstdu
05-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Really great to see TCQ hitting the ball well. Now about Beckham. Even I can see the hitch in his swing that was not there last year. Fix it, Walker!

wassagstdu
05-22-2010, 07:53 AM
By the way, perfect night - Sox, Hawks, Flubs! Rare trifecta.

For a second I thought this was a first-ever celebration of a Cubs win on WSI. Silly me.

Over By There
05-22-2010, 07:56 AM
On the postgame show, Ranger said the '83 team had the same record. Respectable offensive output two games in a row, which is a start.

On the other hand, this was one of the 60 they were going to win, as Hawk would say.

Need to string a few wins together, bad. C'mon Gavin, let's step it up today.

harwar
05-22-2010, 08:09 AM
i also went to "that other game in town" but i just watched last night's White Sox game on mlb.com and it was far and away the most enjoyable game to date .. expecting more of the same today .. i just know that Gavin Floyd will throw a gem today ..

harwar
05-22-2010, 08:11 AM
Really great to see TCQ hitting the ball well. Now about Beckham. Even I can see the hitch in his swing that was not there last year. Fix it, Walker!

i thought that i've seen his swing much better lately .. he's been hitting a few hard line-drives to right which is a good sign

soxfanreggie
05-22-2010, 10:07 AM
It figures that I was able to watch last night's debacle in its entirety, yet miss today's gem because I went to a movie.

Glad to hear that we won big. :bandance:

I hate when that happens, but I was happy to catch part of the game. Sox play a great game, Redbirds win our first MVC regular season baseball title, and Hawks go up 3-0; except for an extra-innings softball loss to Notre Dame, yesterday was a great sports day for me.

GAsoxfan
05-22-2010, 10:19 AM
This offense is finally showing signs of life. Quentin and Ramirez have been hitting the ball well lately and Pierre has been on a tear all month. Add those to Konerko and Rios, and over half the line-up is producing.

Hopefully Jones' struggles are just a minor slump and not a repeat of last year.

NLaloosh
05-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Wow. Two in a row just according to plan.

GoGoCrede
05-22-2010, 05:05 PM
I'd say the best one was when we came back and beat Toronto in extras for my birthday. :smile: (April 12th in Toronto)

Nellie_Fox
05-23-2010, 01:52 AM
For a second I thought this was a first-ever celebration of a Cubs win on WSI. Silly me.It wouldn't have been the first ever. We've had plenty of "I like both teams" types over the years. I'm not one, but there have been plenty.

GoGoCrede
05-23-2010, 02:09 AM
It wouldn't have been the first ever. We've had plenty of "I like both teams" types over the years. I'm not one, but there have been plenty.

Personally, I don't think anyone can really, truly like both equally. All you have to do is ask them who they'd be rooting for if the Cubs and Sox met in the World Series, and there's your answer. Usually they pick one over the other.

Mileage may vary. I could be wrong. :shrug:

Nellie_Fox
05-23-2010, 02:31 AM
Personally, I don't think anyone can really, truly like both equally. All you have to do is ask them who they'd be rooting for if the Cubs and Sox met in the World Series, and there's your answer. Usually they pick one over the other.

Mileage may vary. I could be wrong. :shrug:I've actually heard people say that no matter who won it would be great, because it is a Chicago team.

GoGoCrede
05-23-2010, 02:57 AM
I've actually heard people say that no matter who won it would be great, because it is a Chicago team.

I don't know, to me that seems more like casual fandom than anything else. I don't think too many of us on here would like to see the Cubs win simply because they're from Chicago. EDIT - Same goes for Cubs fans

Is anyone here a fan of both?