PDA

View Full Version : Probably been done before...but how do you feel about wearing other teams' gear?

SephClone89
05-21-2010, 08:01 PM
I was curious about how people feel about this. I think some people go overboard with this and wear gear of other teams just because it looks cool. In my opinion, sports apparel shouldn't be a fashion statement. It's supposed to be a statement of allegiance.

I would consider wearing something related to the Giants or Brewers or Pirates, maybe. I would also maybe buy a t shirt or something if I visited another ballpark. (I have a PNC park t shirt that I bought last season when I saw a game there)

Boondock Saint
05-21-2010, 08:43 PM
I've only owned two pieces of non-Chicago team gear. A Colts stocking cap I used to wear before they beat us in the Super Bowl, and a Jaromir Jagr jersey I wore in high school.

LongLiveFisk
05-21-2010, 08:45 PM
I have two Carlton Fisk Red Sox jerseys but they are tucked away. All the anti-Boston sentiment has convinced me to hide them. :dunno:

DSpivack
05-21-2010, 08:48 PM
I bought a Blue Jays hat [Blue one with the red maple leaf background] while in Toronto many years ago because I thought it looked cool, although I'm pretty sure I've long since lost it.

Marqhead
05-21-2010, 08:53 PM
A nice looking hat or jersey is just that, it looks cool.

My buddy collects most of the MLB team hats. I'd like to purchase a few jerseys of players I like with team color and unis that I find cool looking.

GlassSox
05-21-2010, 09:20 PM
I have Cards hat and jersey.

GoGoCrede
05-21-2010, 10:05 PM
I would wear a Dodgers or Diamondbacks hat. Giants, too.

jabrch
05-21-2010, 11:05 PM
I have a few of my favorite jerseys from some of my favorite opponents... A Valenzuela Blue...a Ryan Obnoxious Orange, a Fisk Home Red, a Clemente Yellow, a Reggie Home Pinstripes, a Ricky Williams teal, a Barry Sanders blue...and a few others.

No problem.

But I'd never wear a Twins hat...or a Indians hat...or a Tigers hat...

VMSNS
05-21-2010, 11:06 PM
I have a Dodger hat that I don't wear much. I also have a Diamondbacks hat that I wear fairly often (maybe 1-2 times a week).

I don't mind wearing other team's gear, so long as I wear my Sox stuff the most. :cool:

Viva Medias B's
05-21-2010, 11:08 PM
I have some gear of other teams and occasionally wear it, I'll admit.

ChiSoxGirl
05-21-2010, 11:39 PM
My friend who works for the Cardinals recently got me a Cards t-shirt. I like wearing it because it aggravates the hell out of the Cub fans! :wink:

DSpivack
05-21-2010, 11:44 PM
I have a few of my favorite jerseys from some of my favorite opponents... A Valenzuela Blue...a Ryan Obnoxious Orange, a Fisk Home Red, a Clemente Yellow, a Reggie Home Pinstripes, a Ricky Williams teal, a Barry Sanders blue...and a few others.

No problem.

But I'd never wear a Twins hat...or a Indians hat...or a Tigers hat...

I noticed you didn't say Royals. :tongue:

And I've never been able to feel much animosity toward them, but I guess that's because they haven't ever really been good in my memory. The only time I remember being mad at that team was Opening Day [2003? 2004?] when Mendy Lopez had a walkoff against [Damaso Marte?].

jabrch
05-22-2010, 12:23 AM
I noticed you didn't say Royals. :tongue:

And I've never been able to feel much animosity toward them, but I guess that's because they haven't ever really been good in my memory. The only time I remember being mad at that team was Opening Day [2003? 2004?] when Mendy Lopez had a walkoff against [Damaso Marte?].

I've got a powder blue Brett jersey that I love. I also actually liked the Frank White, Hal McRay, Willie Wilson, Brett, teams. I liked the rotation with Sabes, Cone, Gubs, Jackson...I liked Quiz and Howser...

Really, I have no issues with the Royals.

october23sp
05-22-2010, 01:12 AM
Pirates hat. (sometimes, usually I wear my Sox hat though)

guillensdisciple
05-22-2010, 01:25 AM
I wear a bunch of different hats. Padres, Blue Jays, Braves, Orioles, and Mariners. They have some cool cooperstown brands.

Main is always White Sox, but nothing wrong with going a little out of the ordinary.

doublem23
05-22-2010, 01:32 AM
The closest thing I have to non-Chicago sports gear is a grey t-shirt I bought while in Boston that says, "Yankees Suck!" Doesn't make any reference to the Sawx whatsoever, it's just a light grey t-shirt with black, block lettering.

Come to think of it, I also used to wear a Mark McGwire Cardinals shirt around the house back in the late 90s, early 00s... Not because I loved McGwire, but more to poke fun at my Cub-fan mom and brother.

g0g0
05-22-2010, 07:11 PM
I wouldn't mind wearing other teams gear, but really I only have multiple teams in soccer for the 4 major leagues and MLS (and a minor league). I also have a Colts jersey as I have lived in and around Indy for so long now. I'll be picking a Blackpool jersey soon.

Daver
05-22-2010, 07:21 PM
I'm wearing a Vikings shirt now.

WhiteSox5187
05-22-2010, 07:44 PM
I don't like wearing jerseys or hats, but I have no problem wearing T-Shirts from other teams.

Iwritecode
05-24-2010, 10:32 AM
I hate when it leads to the embarassing situation where you actually try to talk to the person about the team/sport they are wearing and they have no idea what you are talking about. They reply with "Oh, I'm just wearing this because it looks cool."

g0g0
05-24-2010, 11:55 AM
I hate when it leads to the embarassing situation where you actually try to talk to the person about the team/sport they are wearing and they have no idea what you are talking about. They reply with "Oh, I'm just wearing this because it looks cool."

LOL I had that happen to me when I was only 6 or so. I had a Boston Red Sox hat and one of my Dad's friends came by and said "So, you're a Red Sox fan, eh?" and I said no, the "B" was for my first name. He looked at me a little weird. Hey, I was a kid! Sheesh...

WizardsofOzzie
05-24-2010, 12:13 PM
I have a Reds hat I'll bust out on occasion. If I was forced to pick another baseball team to follow it would probably be the Reds

Noir
05-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Funny, I actually own 11 different jerseys of 9 different MLB teams, and i want to keep collecting until i have them all, doesnt mean im gonna wear them all lol

Juice16
05-24-2010, 12:25 PM
I feel dirty wearing another team's hat or shirt, but I did buy a Rangers throwback shirt when I went down to Arlington to see the Sox lose. When I was in Montreal, I regret not buying an Expos shirt or hat... their sports stores still had many items to chose from.

soxfanreggie
05-24-2010, 12:30 PM
If it's MLB, I'll only wear Sox stuff. If I do go to an MLB game that the Sox aren't playing in, I'll wear Sox stuff or colors. I don't think it's wrong that other people wear whatever they want to; I just don't do it.

For the Cardinals game, I will likely where some Redbirds stuff though. I always look for opportunities to wear that. Then again, I have so much Redbirds, Sox, and Bucs stuff that my closet doesn't need stuff from another team.

Chez
05-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Unless I lose a bet, I can't ever envision myself wearing the cap or jersey of a team that isn't my favorite team in a given sport. If it's not Sox, Hawks, Bears, Bulls or Illini then I'm not wearing it. One of my sons attends Indiana University another attends Northwestern. Even when I go visit them and attend Hoosier or Wildcat games, I'll root for them (if they aren't playing Illinois); but I still wear my Illini cap! You gotta stay true to your school (or team).

CHISOXFAN13
05-24-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm sporting an Andrew McCutchen Pirates T right now. I have several of players on my fantasy team.

MarySwiss
05-24-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm wearing a Vikings shirt now.

Er, aren't you a Vikings fan? :?:

And I frequently sport D'Backs and Suns shirts. But jerseys? Only Sox--and my Payton Throwback.

C-Dawg
05-24-2010, 04:08 PM
I have a few Mets hats and shirts, and a Brewers Prince Fielder jersey-shirt I bought to wear at a Brewers-Twins interleague game I went to at the Dome last year (I sure wasn't going to be reppin' the Twins!).

Chrisaway
05-24-2010, 04:58 PM
I have a Hartford Whalers sweater. I'll wear pretty much any other teams gear so long as I don't hate said team (Cubs, Twins, Red Wings, Pistons, Raiders).

NardiWasHere
05-24-2010, 05:00 PM
No AL Central rule for me...

Otherwise its fair game

WhiteSoxJunkie
05-25-2010, 09:08 PM
I have a Reds shirt that I bought on a trip to Cincinnati and a Yaz Red Sox jersey shirt. And last summer I almost bought a 1980s style Brewers hat.

manders_01
05-25-2010, 09:45 PM
I wear my Rockies gear pretty regularly including times when I'm not even going to a game.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
05-25-2010, 09:47 PM
I have a Colorado Rockies hat, with my name on the back.

In college, for Halloween (during the Tigers/Cards WS), I took a Detroit jersey from one of my floormates, colored in a spot on my hand with a brown marker, and said I was Kenny Rogers.

LongLiveFisk
05-25-2010, 09:57 PM
And I frequently sport D'Backs and Suns shirts. But jerseys? Only Sox--and my Payton Throwback.

I have a Payton jersey also! Love it. :D:

TDog
05-25-2010, 11:59 PM
Right now I am wearing a Tony Gwynn shirt commemorating his 3,000th hit. It was a giveaway at a Padres game in September 1999 against the Expos at Jack Murphy Stadium. Tony Gwynn is cool, though. Some of the younger fans might remember him as Stephen Strasburg's college baseball coach. Strangely enough I have eight complete White Sox uniforms, but I have no apparel celebrating any individual White Sox player. They gave away more than 55,000 of those Tony Gwynn shirts that night.

I also have acquired a Montreal Expos cap since that night in San Diego (when I pretended to be from Montreal and spoke French to my friends). It was given to me the day Rocky Biddle was traded to the Expos.

I also have a Brewers cap that was a giveaway at a Brewers game in 2000 when I was a season ticket holder for the last season at Miller Park. Before I got the Brewers cap, I wore a Sox cap to the games. I wore the Brewers cap to Brewers games thereafter, but I haven't worn it since leaving Wisconsin.

soxfanatlanta
05-26-2010, 10:29 AM
I buy a hat from every ballpark I have visited; major and minor leagues.

october23sp
05-26-2010, 02:00 PM
I REALLLY want a Teal Marlins hat.

soltrain21
05-26-2010, 04:08 PM
I wear an old Little League "Marlins" shirt.

Then again, that is the only baseball shirt I own outside of my "Hard Hittin' Quentin" shirt.

soxfan26
05-26-2010, 04:30 PM
I have no problem wearing Rockies gear.

october23sp
05-26-2010, 06:36 PM
I wear an old Little League "Marlins" shirt.

Then again, that is the only baseball shirt I own outside of my "Hard Hittin' Quentin" shirt.

Dare I say it.... You're welcome... or did you see it before I posted it here?

goon
05-26-2010, 08:24 PM
I own quite a few hats, but most are from NL teams. I have a Padres, two Brewers, Pirates, Atlanta alternate, Astros, all 5950 game day hats. It's hard to buy stuff from other AL teams because the Sox play them all, therefore, I root against them all.

october23sp
05-27-2010, 12:24 AM
I've decided any NL hat is fair game.