PDA

View Full Version : Favorite National League Team

Viva Medias B's
05-21-2010, 01:51 PM
We did this poll a couple of years ago, I believe, and it's time to do it again. What is your favorite team in the National League? Note: Since the number of options is limited to 15, I decided to exclude the Chicago National League Ballclub, Inc. I just have a gut feeling they wouldn't get a lot of votes.

SI1020
05-21-2010, 01:54 PM
When I was a kid the Braves were in Milwaukee. Since they were close and beat the Cubs pretty good back then, they were and are my favorite NL team. Ironically in the Minor League wilderness where I now live they are the closest ML team to me.

khan
05-21-2010, 01:56 PM
I HATE the NL, and it's stupid, antiquated view of the way to play baseball. I HATE watching pitchers hopelessly flail at pitches. [Though I LOVE knowing that stupid morons are wasting good money to watch NL pitchers make outs over and over again.]

The only NL team I appreciate is whoever is playing the scrubs in a given day.

pythons007
05-21-2010, 02:04 PM
I'd have to say the Cardinals. I've always been a fan of there since I was a kid.

I still wish the Brewers were in the AL and in the Sox division again. I'd like to see more games against them in interleague play!

Moses_Scurry
05-21-2010, 02:05 PM
The Expos are my favorite NL team. Unfortunately, my Expos liking hasn't transferred over to the Natinals. Therefore, I'd probably go with the Braves since I watched them all the time as a kid.

Rockabilly
05-21-2010, 02:05 PM
S.F Giants

KnightSox
05-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Colorado with the Phillies a close second.

downstairs
05-21-2010, 02:12 PM
#1 - Phillies. I love the city.

Grew up enjoying the Mets, as I hated the Yankees.

I love watching the Cardinals pound the Cubs, but I never really followed them.

Coops4Aces
05-21-2010, 02:15 PM
I think the Cubs would have gotten a few votes because some people just enjoy being able to watch 2 teams in one city. Personally, I'm a Marlins fan. I was born in West Palm Beach so it was cool to see Miami get a team, plus the 2003 NLCS didn't hurt :tongue:

SephClone89
05-21-2010, 02:15 PM
The Giants, though I also like the Brewers and Pirates.

Coops4Aces
05-21-2010, 02:18 PM
I'm curious if the SF Giants fans were fans during the Barroid Bonds era or if it's because of the few ex-Sox players over there.

white sox bill
05-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Any team that uses beer manufactoring as a nickname is A OK with me. Besides its a great party town.

LITTLE NELL
05-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Cardinals
Marlins
Dodgers

WhiteSox5187
05-21-2010, 02:41 PM
I lived in New York for awhile and couldn't bring myself to even watch the Yankees plus all of my friends over there were Mets fans, so I pull for the Mets. I'm also fond of the Brewers and Pirates (poor unorganized bastards). Loved the Expos when they were around too.

SephClone89
05-21-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm curious if the SF Giants fans were fans during the Barroid Bonds era or if it's because of the few ex-Sox players over there.

As a kid I always liked the Giants because Willie Mays has always been my favourite historic player, and I was a fan of Bonds at one point because I like speed/power. In addition, I went to a game at (what was then) Pac Bell Park in '02 or '03 or something. Add in Rowand and Uribe, a great young rotation, plus the great uniforms, history, and Jon Miller (who's great in the radio) and you have a team I'm very fond of.

I also like having a West coast team to follow because I can tune in on Gameday Audio after the Sox game is over and have a whole lot of baseball left.

I think I'm going to try to see Lincecum at Miller or Wrigley this season.

Viva Medias B's
05-21-2010, 11:10 PM
Cardinals
Marlins
Brewers

GoGoCrede
05-21-2010, 11:11 PM
Dodgers. I don't follow them closely, but they were my first baseball game, Dodger Stadium is gorgeous, and their uniforms are really, really snazzy. Best uniforms in baseball IMO.

DirtySox
05-21-2010, 11:13 PM
Reds

DSpivack
05-21-2010, 11:41 PM
Cardinals, as I have fond memories of going to many games at Busch II every summer growing up [my dad lived in Springfield], and seeing Ray Lankford, Ozzie Smith, Bernard Gilkey, and then Mark McGwire and the like, which followed a meal on the Hill and ending the night with Ted Drewes, or something like that.

WhiteSox5187
05-22-2010, 12:45 AM
Dodgers. I don't follow them closely, but they were my first baseball game, Dodger Stadium is gorgeous, and their uniforms are really, really snazzy. Best uniforms in baseball IMO.

My grandfather lived in Brooklyn when they played there and was crushed when they left. He left the same year they did and hates O'Malley to this day. I have inherited his hatred of the Dodgers.

VMSNS
05-22-2010, 12:55 AM
My parents recently bought a house in Arizona, so the Diamondback have kind of become my default NL team. I also like the Cardinals, because they were my team when I played little league for one year, and I've liked them ever since (plus, one of the first ball games I'd ever attended was at Bush stadium). I like the Dodgers and Rockies, as well.

AZ Diamondbacks
STL Cardinals
COL Rockies
LA Dodgers

GoGoCrede
05-22-2010, 01:01 AM
My parents recently bought a house in Arizona, so the Diamondback have kind of become my default NL team. I also like the Cardinals, because they were my team when I played little league for one year, and I've liked them ever since (plus, one of the first ball games I'd ever attended was at Bush stadium). I like the Dodgers and Rockies, as well.

AZ Diamondbacks
STL Cardinals
COL Rockies
LA Dodgers

HA! This is exactly why I love the Diamondbacks! That, and because I think they have the best team name in the majors.

SephClone89
05-22-2010, 09:38 AM
HA! This is exactly why I love the Diamondbacks! That, and because I think they have the best team name in the majors.

:?:

Funny, because I think they have the worst team name in the majors...

Lip Man 1
05-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Anybody who is playing the Cubs that day.

Lip

LongLiveFisk
05-22-2010, 10:42 AM
I will have to pick the Phillies. I sort of adopted them after being in Philly in August '08 and talking to some Phils fans who reminded me a lot of White Sox fans. Just fans who were waiting for their team to win and had high hopes, and were getting used to waiting. They were relieved when they found out I was from Chicago that I was NOT a Cubs fan. :D:

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised that just two months after my visit that the Phils won. I thought back to those fans I talked to and how happy they must have been.

AJRoxMyWhiteSox
05-22-2010, 10:52 AM
SF Giants. I went to high school in the Bay Area, my stepdad was a die-hard Giants fan who died of kidney cancer a few hours after they lost the World Series to the Angels, and my first baseball game was a Giants game in 2004 when AJ played there (I was the only person I know who actually liked him that year). I kinda liked Bonds for a while, but something didn't feel right about him. So I switched my favorite player to AJ after that game I went to.

My grandpa was a huge Cardinals fan, as is one of my best friends, so I follow them too. I lived in San Diego, so I kinda like the Padres. And for some unexplained reason, I really like the Rockies.

manders_01
05-22-2010, 11:25 AM
The Rockies (who need to start playing better and not get their butts beat by the Scrubs, Astros and Royals! :o: I know this team is better than that!)

I wish this was a public poll. I'm curious who the third Rockies fan is along with me and KnightSox.

soxlady8
05-22-2010, 12:00 PM
I have to vote for the St. Louis Cardinals because Mr. Soxlady8 was born and raised near St. Louis. I hear Cardinal stuff all the time by him and his family on a daily basis. To them there is no better player than Pujols.
He is their warrior! The White Sox are his second favorite team.

palehozenychicty
05-23-2010, 07:54 AM
As a kid I always liked the Giants because Willie Mays has always been my favourite historic player, and I was a fan of Bonds at one point because I like speed/power. In addition, I went to a game at (what was then) Pac Bell Park in '02 or '03 or something. Add in Rowand and Uribe, a great young rotation, plus the great uniforms, history, and Jon Miller (who's great in the radio) and you have a team I'm very fond of.

I also like having a West coast team to follow because I can tune in on Gameday Audio after the Sox game is over and have a whole lot of baseball left.

I think I'm going to try to see Lincecum at Miller or Wrigley this season.

Do it if you can. I saw him pick apart the Rockies at Pac Bell in summer '08 through 8 innings, 129 pitches. One of the game's best.

Before we moved to the midwest and Sox country, we lived in South Jersey, which is all Phillies, all the time. They had Pete Rose, Carlton, Schmidt, McGraw, Samuel, etc. They were stacked. Now that they're good again, it's nice.

NLaloosh
05-23-2010, 08:33 AM
Anybody who is playing the Cubs that day.

Lip

This thread has forced me to examine my true feelings. Thank you so much.

My initial reaction is to say the Cardinals and Brewers. But, when I think it a little more, I think... every team in the NL Central.

I guess that I like all of the teams with a rich and storied baseball histrory like the Giants, Phillies, Braves and Dodgers.

But, when it comes down to my favorite, I have to say that it's the Brewers and the Cardinals with the # 1 reason that they compete against the flubs.

Although, I do love the Brewers stadium and the state of Wisconsin so I want to make them #1. But, the Cardinals have rankled flubs fans the most with their dominance so I love them for that reason.

But, I've never been to a Cardinals game. I would have to say that my ultimate National league fantasy would be if the Brewers got a dynasty going and dominated that division for a while and their ballpark wouldn't be full of flubs fans.

Yeah, that's it. Whoever, is playing the flubs that day.

tick53
05-23-2010, 09:03 AM
Phildos!

05-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Who gave my Padres a 2nd vote? :cool:

All polls should be public.

russ99
05-24-2010, 12:05 PM
I'm the sole Astros fan.

Didn't ditch them in the late 80's and I'm not gonna ditch them now.

MarySwiss
05-24-2010, 12:11 PM
I thought I had voted already, but I guess I didn't.

D'Backs.

As for the name, Coyotes and Rattlers are taken, and I don't think "Black Widow Spiders" has much of a ring to it! :tongue:

soxfanreggie
05-24-2010, 12:26 PM
I'd have to say the Cardinals. I've always been a fan of there since I was a kid.

I still wish the Brewers were in the AL and in the Sox division again. I'd like to see more games against them in interleague play!

I agree with wanting the Brewers back in the AL - if for nothing else, it would be a close road game to get to go to.

I voted for the Cards - have a lot of friends who are Cards fans, and I'm going to my first game at the new Busch Stadium with them in July.